IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 7: How Is This Going to Work?

Coconut Flan

Quickly remider that the photoshoped belly on Tiffany has been done by a FJ poster, not by Tiff herself. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 8

In her stories Tiffany says Lawson has gone to Arkansas for ‘a few days for training’. I assume it’s some Mediccorps nonsense with the Duggars. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

In her stories Tiffany says Lawson has gone to Arkansas for ‘a few days for training’. I assume it’s some Mediccorps nonsense with the Duggars. 

But not to worry, her "sweet" parents are visiting. Tiffani throws that word around so much. Everyone is so SWEET all the time. Every single person she knows is the sweetest. Its nauseating. What does she do if someone is not actually sweet? 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

What does she do if someone is not actually sweet? 

Maybe calls them Splenda? But that kind of sounds like a compliment until I realize it's artificial.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

On 8/24/2022 at 12:50 PM, ven said:

I am very sure , his kids are going to be 1000% asian looking , as asian genes are very dominant.  Looking at chrissy teigens kiddos they look more asian to me then black ( or am i wrong) 

I gave a friend who has one very Asian looking child and on blonde hair blue-eyed child. You can never tell. But that could be worse as I could see the Bates favouring the children (if there are any) who look more like Lawson. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

If you want to see varying genetics being expressed amongst children, look at the Coughlins. They were part of VF back night the day. They have a ton of kids and some of them look nothing alike. There are some that don’t even look like they could be half siblings. When you have two parents that look very different from each other, you don’t know what will happen. 

• Upvote 3

On 8/21/2022 at 3:08 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Petite women have children all the time. Their bumps do not look bigger in proportion. Alyssa (who is only slightly bigger than Tiff) had very little bumps. 

Petite women do have babies all the time but some definitely show earlier. I have a tiny friend and her bumps were legendary. I also would argue that Alyssa is more than slightly bigger than Tiffany. Tiffany looks tiny in comparison to the Bates sisters but it is hard to tell because she is so rarely photographed with them.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If you want to see varying genetics being expressed amongst children, look at the Coughlins

Do you have a link?

8 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Do you have a link?

I spelled Coghlan wrong in the last post and can’t edit. Here’s Perry’s public Instagram. It’s just funny because he has some darker complected little boys with brown eyes and brown hair and then his youngest daughter has red hair and lighter skin. Some of the kids look like siblings and some look so different. 

https://www.instagram.com/pcoghlan/

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Petite women do have babies all the time but some definitely show earlier. I have a tiny friend and her bumps were legendary. I also would argue that Alyssa is more than slightly bigger than Tiffany. Tiffany looks tiny in comparison to the Bates sisters but it is hard to tell because she is so rarely photographed with them.

Tiffany is waif like, but it’s likely genetics largely in play. I agree the Bates women are petite, young ladies, but not teeny tiny Ala Tiffany, and genetically speaking, they come from average stock.

Some people are naturally tiny/thin and other work at being such (and no, you can not control your height). I think many of the Bates gals work on it. Then again, they are quite young too. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2022 at 1:50 PM, BeccaGrim said:

But not to worry, her "sweet" parents are visiting. Tiffani throws that word around so much. Everyone is so SWEET all the time. Every single person she knows is the sweetest. Its nauseating. What does she do if someone is not actually sweet? 

bites them

On 8/25/2022 at 4:21 AM, CarrotCake said:

Where are they telling that? They are just going out (for dinner?) right?

OK, guess I was off when I saw something else in it

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I gave a friend who has one very Asian looking child and on blonde hair blue-eyed child. You can never tell. But that could be worse as I could see the Bates favouring the children (if there are any) who look more like Lawson. 

Yeah, my cousin is half Japanese, half white, and her husband is white; their daughter has golden blonde hair and blue eyes, and her son has dark hair and dark eyes. Her son definitely looks part Asian, but her daughter doesn't. She's having her third child soon, and it'll be interesting to see how she or he comes out. 

• Upvote 5

My former neighbours were a international couple with the father being half Japanese half German and the mother Swedish. They had twins that look just like their mother with blonde hair, blue eyes and no Japanese features at all. I knew another family where the father had red hair and pale skin and the mother had black hair and brown skin. Their daughter was a carbon copy of the mother and the son a carbon copy of the father. Genetics are so interesting. I'm intruiged to see how Lawson and Tiffany's future kids will look. 

• Upvote 6

On 8/26/2022 at 10:15 AM, CanadianMamam said:

Do you mean she looks like she's from India? China? Iran? Nepal? Syria? Turkey? Israel? 

Asia is a vast place, with many different ethnic groups and nationalities.

These groups can vary enormously in appearance. There really is no such thing as looking "very Asian." 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2

I was 

13 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Do you mean she looks like she's from India? China? Iran? Nepal? Syria? Turkey? Israel? 

Asia is a vast place, with many different ethnic groups and nationalities.

These groups can vary enormously in appearance. There really is no such thing as looking "very Asian." 

I am aware of them. But I was replying to a comment that used genetic Asian and I did not see the need to specify my friend's ethnicity, just that her one child looks like her and her other child takes after the white parent.  Similarly, I didn't think I needed to specify that L&T's children will either look Chinese like Tiffany or not. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I know a man in his 30s who is of half Asian ethnicity (he looks totally Asian though) and he's a deep southerner. He claims he has never experienced racism but he wholly embraces the "I am a big macho Christian fundamentalist southern manly man" thing so he fits right in. I imagine his family shielded him a lot when he was younger and he may be unaware of all that effort - but that is a guess and assumption - as I don't want to outright speak for or over people. 

I am ethnically half Mexican and half German; from what my family says, they expected me to be born with dark skin, dark hair, dark eyes but with my actual features (I guess they mean shape of cheekbones, shape of nose, shape of eyes, etc.) to be more euro-centric. But I kind of came out opposite. My features are more mexican and then my eye color, skin color, and hair color are all lighter. My cousins on my dad's side look more like my siblings than my own half sibling does. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I was 

I am aware of them. But I was replying to a comment that used genetic Asian and I did not see the need to specify my friend's ethnicity, just that her one child looks like her and her other child takes after the white parent.  Similarly, I didn't think I needed to specify that L&T's children will either look Chinese like Tiffany or not. 

Just ignore the trolling. Being faux offended is their thing. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

17 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I was 

"Generic Asian"? Again, my point was that there's no such thing. 

If you can say "generic Asian" then you can also say "generic white." What does that mean?

Fair skin? Lots of white people have dark skin. Light eyes? Many, probably most, white people have dark eyes. 

White people are varied and there is no generic look.

"Oh, she'll have a generic white baby."  Imagine if Tiff were visiting China and someone said this. 

Instead of "Asian-looking," I think you meant "Chinese looking." But the same things is true. Chinese appearances can vary widely.  Chinese people can have curly hair, fine hair, broad features, even blue eyes.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 2

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just ignore the trolling. Being faux offended is their thing. 

There's no such thing as generic Asian, Karen. That's racist.

It's the kind of thing Trump would say.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

There's no such thing as generic Asian, Karen. That's racist.

It's the kind of thing Trump would say.

I normally don’t engage with trolls on principle, but I just want to let you in on a little secret. If you troll a forum, no one will ever take you seriously. You could have just made the best point and said something incredibly clever and insightful. But no one will listen. You are like the boy who cried wolf. No one takes you seriously. Even if you are dropping truth bombs. Too little too late. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Here's a good way to look at it. Would you say, "generic Asian" around an Asian person? 

I know this is going to pain many of you. I agree with Jackie3. Do you have your opinions, but maybe you need to set them aside and look at what she’s actually saying instead of just saying oh it’s a troll.

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1
  • Eyeroll 2

23 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I know this is going to pain many of you. I agree with Jackie3. Do you have your opinions, but maybe you need to set them aside and look at what she’s actually saying instead of just saying oh it’s a troll.

But see that’s the issue with being a troll. You can make a good point but no one takes you seriously because you’ve trolled too much. It’s like when Alex Jones is right about something. I still ignore him. That’s what happens when you troll. 

There’s a reason FJ has an ignore feature. I bet this particular poster is being ignored by many on FJ. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 13
  • Move Along 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

She is also taking the situation out of context. I used the term generic Asian to explain that I didn't specify because I was replying to another poster who had just used the broad term. Also, i didn't feel the need to disclose the specific ethnicity of a friend when using them as an example. The broader point was a poster saying L&T's children were going to look Asian, because those genes were stronger (which is a bad take) and I pointed out that is not true and used an example of a friend's children. The poster in question chose to take offense to my wording rather than the broad assumptions of the poster I was replying too 

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic