IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 7: How Is This Going to Work?

Coconut Flan

22 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I must admit, I do like trying foreign maccas, I like to compare them to my own. My fav is maccas in germany where you can get beer and I had Maccas in Moscow which apparently was the busiest in the world. I eat local food and have no drama adn love new experiences but I do like seeing what is different and same same about mcdonalds all over the world. I can give them a pass on that tradition. 

I can too, but not knowing who Athena is?

I should know better by now, but these people still manage to surprise me with how shallow and uneducated they are. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Okay, so my husband and I totally went through a McD's drive through - I can't remember if it was after the ceremony on the way to the reception or after the reception on the way to the hotel. Either way, we were starving, had been at photos, visiting, weddinging for so long with little food. And we were 22 and it sounded fun and ridiculous. ;) I don't blame them for that or their travel inhibitions. I don't know about Tiffany, but the Bates/Duggars were not raised to be curious about or interested in other cultures and opportunities. The sideways snobby Merica mindset was modeled, any travel interest was faked, and their lack of education stilted any natural curiosity. I hope some of them will grow out of it.

• Upvote 4

I don’t see the problem with driving exactly to be honest. While I find it stupid to hire a car if you don’t need it- (often parking, rent and fuel make it more cost efficient to take public transportation, but this can become an adventure on its own - yes Rome looking at you….) it’s definitely not strange. But I would have expected them to take at least one or two day trips because otherwise it’s useless. And I don’t have a problem with someone driving after a long flight (but here going to a club with friends there is often one chosen to be the sober driver for all at 4am) but I think it’s ambitious if you are not used to this kind of streets and traffic. So maybe the timing was a gift in disguise.

• Upvote 1

I’ve only been outside the US/Canada once and it was my honeymoon in Greece in the early 90s. Our trip was planned by a woman who planned group tours to Greece and she planned out a meticulous itinerary for just the two of us that basically was the same as her group tours. We rented a car based on her plans and drove to Delphi, Nafplion and Corinth from Athens. We also flew to Santorini for a couple of days and went on a short cruise to Rhodes, Mykonos and Ephesus. To be honest, my memory isn’t great and I don’t have a ton of specific memories about the trip. I do remember eating at a McDonalds in Athens. And my husband accidentally driving across an empty square.

• Upvote 3

I hate American McDonald’s with a passion. Almost everything on their menu tastes terrible to me . I’m not against fast food at all. But McDonald’s is the worst. I would much rather go to Arby’s for a chicken salad sandwich and curly fries in the summer. Or even to Wendy’s. Their fries are a million times better than McD’s. However if I took my kids outside the country, I can almost guarantee they would want to try a McDonald’s just to see what they have. So yeah, we would probably go. But I wouldn’t be happy about it. 

• Upvote 5

I'm with everyone else. Lawson has some Insta stories up and the romantic chemistry between them is less than 0.  If I didn't know any better, I'd think they were simply friends rather than romantic partners. Of course that could just be because I think he's a smarmy douchecanoe and she seems to be an afterthought.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Pretty sure the last time I was in a McDonald's was ten years ago in Brussels. I had arrived there at 5 AM and it was the only place open where we could kill time until other businesses opened up.

All I remember about all the McDonald's in Europe was that they served beer and wine. I only went into them if I needed to use the restroom- I'd order a side of fries and the bathroom lock code would be on the receipt.

I have been to Starbucks in at least six different countries, though! Sometimes it's comforting to have a chai latte that tastes exactly the same as it would at home.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 1

European food snob here, and I don't have any issues with heading for a familiar fast food chain, when you're tired, insecure and don't know your way around. They clearly did try Greek food at some point, so I give them a pass.

The part I don't understand at all is why you would visit Athens and then focus on the Apostle Paul??? That is honestly the last thing that would even remotely be of interest for me there. You have a city chockful of Ancient (and modern) history and culture, and you focus on THAT guy? Unfathomable.

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

European food snob here, and I don't have any issues with heading for a familiar fast food chain, when you're tired, insecure and don't know your way around. They clearly did try Greek food at some point, so I give them a pass.

The part I don't understand at all is why you would visit Athens and then focus on the Apostle Paul??? That is honestly the last thing that would even remotely be of interest for me there. You have a city chockful of Ancient (and modern) history and culture, and you focus on THAT guy? Unfathomable.

Fundies have to ALWAYS bring the Bible into it. They can’t go anywhere without trying to tie religion to it. It’s so ingrained in them that they can’t really help themselves. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate American McDonald’s with a passion. Almost everything on their menu tastes terrible to me . I’m not against fast food at all. But McDonald’s is the worst. I would much rather go to Arby’s for a chicken salad sandwich and curly fries in the summer. Or even to Wendy’s. Their fries are a million times better than McD’s. However if I took my kids outside the country, I can almost guarantee they would want to try a McDonald’s just to see what they have. So yeah, we would probably go. But I wouldn’t be happy about it. 

Somehow I doubt you will be travelling on the honeymoon of your son’s and they probably will have outgrown their McD love by then…. 😉

• Haha 3

I’m still so curious about what Tiffany and Lawson actually want to do with their lives. As far as they’ve let on, they have nothing going on in their lives besides finishing their home renovation. The rest of the adult Bates brothers appear to work in some vague way, but Lawson’s only job is his music which is just a vanity project. These two seem to think very highly of themselves so it seems that their goals would involve being inspirational to others, not just mooching off their fans by having them buy Lawson’s music and the products that Tiffany shills to make a buck. Or do they delude themselves into thinking that they are being inspirational solely through their YouTube videos of their wonderful lives together. I thought the reason they settled in Nashville was somehow connected to career aspirations, but that’s not apparent yet, except for Lawson to call himself a country music star from Nashville.

• Upvote 7

47 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Or do they delude themselves into thinking that they are being inspirational solely through their YouTube videos of their wonderful lives together. 

Short answer: Yes.  They and many of the other fundies we watch have convinced themselves that their "ministry" is simply breathing. They believe that the fact that they are heterosexual and married, and that they "saved themselves" for marriage makes them model human beings.  

I predict that even though Lawson is now in Nashville, the amount of his musical appearances will not increase. I hope he doesn't even get free gigs to butcher the National Anthem at local sporting events. I mean, its Nashville! You can't throw a rock without hitting 5 aspiring country singers with a better voice than his.

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 2

So, I just looked at the pictures that Kelly posted on her IG of the wedding.

My assumption based off those pictures is that they did their wedding pictures before the wedding.. and they kissed in one of them... 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

59 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

So, I just looked at the pictures that Kelly posted on her IG of the wedding.

My assumption based off those pictures is that they did their wedding pictures before the wedding.. and they kissed in one of them... 

I mean, I defintiely don't think they waited until marriage to kiss but I do know that a few fundies, like Rachel Wissman, said they shared their first kiss in private right before the ceremony. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Is he the one that greets you at the gates or the one crucified upside down or was that peter?

Not majorly religious so who knows

Religion was the last thing I went to Rome for

I stumbled across St Peters Basilica out one day exploring and to my ignorance had know idea what it was, though I was mighty impressed 

I was there for the colosseum and the Roman forum all the ancient stuff 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Is he the one that greets you at the gates or the one crucified upside down or was that peter?

Not majorly religious so who knows

Religion was the last thing I went to Rome for

I stumbled across St Peters Basilica out one day exploring and to my ignorance had know idea what it was, though I was mighty impressed 

I was there for the colosseum and the Roman forum all the ancient stuff 

Peter is the one that was crucified upside down and according to tradition will greet you at the gates. Since Paul was a Roman citizen he was beheaded not crucified.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Lawson has sent a copyright infringement notice to YouTube for a parody song that Fundie Fridays did of his song. She's pretty distressed. It should be protected (SNL does it all the time) under parody/comedy but YouTube doesn't investigate, they just punish. 3 reports and her channel, which is her means of supporting herself, is gone. 

He's blocked her so she can't even tag him.  

He obviously has no sense of humor. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 5

16 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Lawson has sent a copyright infringement notice to YouTube for a parody song that Fundie Fridays did of his song. She's pretty distressed. It should be protected (SNL does it all the time) under parody/comedy but YouTube doesn't investigate, they just punish. 3 reports and her channel, which is her means of supporting herself, is gone. 

You'd think he'd be glad for the extra publicity.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

On 6/18/2022 at 1:18 AM, sleepygirl1 said:

Peter is the one that was crucified upside down and according to tradition will greet you at the gates. Since Paul was a Roman citizen he was beheaded not crucified.

Oh yes I remember now. I was admiring this amazing painting in the Vatican museum it was so beautiful and then omg they are holding someone’s head!!! How did I miss that? I am pretty sure that was the story of Paul. 

On 6/17/2022 at 5:37 PM, BeccaGrim said:

She can appeal Youtube's decision, which often is ruled in the youtuber's favor. It's stupid that Youtube doesn't count fair use more. 

• Sad 1

Tiff and Lawson flew back to California yesterday. I wonder if they have some type of understanding that they will visit California as often as Tiffany wants. Maybe she wanted to be there for Father’s Day or some other family event. And then I’m guessing they will have an open invitation policy for her parents to visit once their renovations are complete. It seems like Tiffany will have a similar first year of marriage to Katie, not a lot to do (for both Tiffany and Lawson) so a lot of trips back home.

• Upvote 3

On 6/15/2022 at 8:52 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

One of my favorite things to do during lockdown was to watch YouTube videos of McDonald’s in different countries. It was interesting to see the variety of foods. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

Tiff and Lawson flew back to California yesterday. I wonder if they have some type of understanding that they will visit California as often as Tiffany wants. Maybe she wanted to be there for Father’s Day or some other family event. And then I’m guessing they will have an open invitation policy for her parents to visit once their renovations are complete. It seems like Tiffany will have a similar first year of marriage to Katie, not a lot to do (for both Tiffany and Lawson) so a lot of trips back home.

Tiffany's dad has had some.gealth issues recently, so I can see her wanting to be with him for father's Day. 

• Thank You 1

Apparently Fundie Fridays has gotten Lawsons email address after she said she got hit with a second strike.  Her fiance emailed him.  However someone in the comments said it wasnt a strike so I'm not totally sure 

Edited by Nashville92
  • Upvote 2

I wonder if Lawson has realized that being known as s fundie will hurt their money making chances. They seem to be trying to launch themselves as totally normal Christians who are remodeling a house. The YouTube  algorithm throwing up a Fundie Friday channel that shows that is not who Lawson is at all would not be good for his rebranding. 

I really hope the Bates are mentioned in the new IBLP documentary. They are some of the more dangerous fundies because they are good at making evil beliefs look harmless. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic