IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 7: How Is This Going to Work?

Coconut Flan

I think the Lord will lay it on their hearts to move to California within a couple of years. I don’t think Tiff will want to live far from her parents forever. Lawson will be able to sacrifice his Nashville career because he is such a wonderful husband. So that will be his excuse for never having a career at that point.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

I wouldn’t be surprised if they bought a second home in California and split their time between California and Nashville. Tiffany seems to be a California girl through and through. 

I give this marriage 5-7 years. At some point, Tiffany will get tired of playing house and want to resume a career. I could also see Lawson getting bored and wanting to trade her in for a different model. Unfortunately, they’ll probably have a couple of kids by then. 

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Unless he finds another photogenic fundie woman with an independent income who’s willing to marry him, I’m not sure he can be that choosy.

I’m sure he still basks in the admiration of die hard Bates fans, but that won’t keep him in the style he believes he is entitled to. He could claim alimony from Tiffany I suppose.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, postscript said:

I give this marriage 5-7 years. At some point, Tiffany will get tired of playing house and want to resume a career. I could also see Lawson getting bored and wanting to trade her in for a different model. Unfortunately, they’ll probably have a couple of kids by then. 

I think he has get bored already lol at least of shopping with Tiff. 

• Upvote 4

Another god honouring lawn care service?

Lawson the Singing Lawncutter?

Crazy Love Grass Cutting?

Guess he's got to do something other than go to Target

20220726_220750.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I’m sure he still basks in the admiration of die hard Bates fans, but that won’t keep him in the style he believes he is entitled to. He could claim alimony from Tiffany I suppose.

Permanent alimony (now more commonly called maintenance) is a thing of the past. It’s rare to see a court grant permanent maintenance unless the spouse wanting support is either disabled themself or taking care of a child with special needs. The assumption is that if the spouse is capable of work, they will do so. Sorry, Lawson. 

He might get a good lump-sum settlement. In fact, California is a community property state (assumption that all assets acquired during the marriage are joint property), so he might do better if they filed for divorce in California. 

i can’t help wondering if they have a prenup. I wouldn’t be surprised if they do and are keeping it quiet because of their fans. 

• Upvote 8

I love her encouraging him to resurrect his lawn business in Nashville.  I think she is tired of him already not bringing in any income & in the house all day. 

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Maybe they will move to California and ask Oprah if she wants to do a prime-time special. 

• Haha 7

The way she posted on her instagram story "Tennessee has its charm" kind of implies that she is surprised/ finding at least some good qualities about Tennessee. Like when you're something you don't really want to be but you find a couple positive things and say it "has its charm." Basically I think she probably thinks Knoxville is the sticks and yes it's fun seeing all the babies in the family and going to cute coffee shops and boutiques, overall it's nothing like California. 

• Upvote 10

8 hours ago, postscript said:

Permanent alimony (now more commonly called maintenance) is a thing of the past. It’s rare to see a court grant permanent maintenance unless the spouse wanting support is either disabled themself or taking care of a child with special needs. The assumption is that if the spouse is capable of work, they will do so. Sorry, Lawson. 

He might get a good lump-sum settlement. In fact, California is a community property state (assumption that all assets acquired during the marriage are joint property), so he might do better if they filed for divorce in California. 

i can’t help wondering if they have a prenup. I wouldn’t be surprised if they do and are keeping it quiet because of their fans. 

It depends on how long the marriage lasts. I remember Nick Lachey got alimony from Jessica Simpson and they were in California. 

When determining alimony payments, a family court will consider the length of the marriage. In California, spousal support may be paid for up to half the length of a marriage that lasts 10 years or less. Unions that lasted longer than 10 years are considered ‘long term,’ and no specific duration will apply. If the parties were separated at any point prior to divorce, the length of each separation period may be taken into account when deciding on a support award.

I got this quote from a law firm blog in California that specializes in family law (link). 

• Upvote 2

Tiffany didn't realize how big of an adjustment it was going to be from living in California to now living in Tennessee.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, manda b said:

Tiffany didn't realize how big of an adjustment it was going to be from living in California to now living in Tennessee.

She probably also didn’t appreciate she’d be working her butt off trying to shill stuff while Lawson does nothing except pose and preen. 

• Upvote 26

18 hours ago, fish_ca said:

I think he has get bored already lol at least of shopping with Tiff. 

Why does he go, then?? I saw one of his stupid retro "women always be shopping, amirite?" posts.  They both have driver's licenses. No reason they have to drag the other along. And Tiffany is from big-city southern California, she's not like Katie, afraid to drive in NJ traffic.

Is this some stoopid "oh we are newlyweds we have to spend every minute together" thing?

Yes, Mr. Tiffany Bates, you should indeed revive your God/Babies/Jesus lawn care service, since your "summer concert tour" is hardly keeping you busy.

• Upvote 20

My family moved from the west coast to TN when I was in high school for two years. I totally resonate with her saying it “has its charm.” This was almost 30 years ago but it was so wildly different from what I was used to and…well…charming in certain ways. And the “country” roads and feel of Smoky Mts has a surface level magical quality.

• Upvote 5

It was Lawson’s 30th birthday, so he spent it having a day out and posing for pictures- much like any other day really.

I know I keep saying but Tiffany is shilling hard- at least one product a day. Either she is making hay while the sun shines and people are interested in them, or she has realised that Lawson’s income is never going to be enough so she’s banking what she can.

• Upvote 20

On 6/16/2022 at 1:25 PM, Nothing if not critical said:

European food snob here, and I don't have any issues with heading for a familiar fast food chain, when you're tired, insecure and don't know your way around. They clearly did try Greek food at some point, so I give them a pass.

The part I don't understand at all is why you would visit Athens and then focus on the Apostle Paul??? That is honestly the last thing that would even remotely be of interest for me there. You have a city chockful of Ancient (and modern) history and culture, and you focus on THAT guy? Unfathomable.

Another European food well not snob, but def lover of fine dining. Have to admit that when we visited the States we had to try McDonalds, IHOP, Wendys, Sonic, and all the places I had read about.

And not proud of it, but we went to McD more than once while in Cusco. Altitude sick, jet lag, and just generally lost...it was easy and there.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I watched the 30th bday pic compilation. It’s glaringly obvious (to me) how little physical chemistry he and tiff have. Maybe this will change with time as they get used to being allowed to touch each other but it’s just so staged looking for now.  

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1

"Terrorists we've escaped overseas" "planes we've jumped out of," he makes them sound like super spies instead of disaster relief cosplayers. Also, of course he opened with that picture. Screenshot_20220729-213257.thumb.png.3623cdf6d2ced13a37490579b677af89.pngScreenshot_20220729-213247.thumb.png.5909e209a209c6ee663b79c0d914040d.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 9
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 21
  • Thank You 1

26 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Nate hasn't looked like that in ten years. 🙄

That was my thought for many of the pictures Nathan included. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

I dislike both of their personalities immensely, but Dirty Nathan does look kind of cute. Lawson looks like he just got his wisdom teeth pulled.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I wonder if Gil and Kelly ever wish they would have given the Bates boys the modesty talks. 

What do y'all think? Is that common in more modern fundie culture? The fundies I knew were more Duggarish - the modesty standards were different, for sure, and shame/blame for the girls. But shirtless/nike type poses by the boys would also have been a big no in purity culture.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Nah, didn't Kelly post that muddy/wet pic of Nathan and Lawson?

Yep. Kelly and Gil always had double standards for their kids.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

On 7/26/2022 at 2:33 PM, postscript said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they bought a second home in California and split their time between California and Nashville. Tiffany seems to be a California girl through and through. 

This does sound like something they may do in the future.  I do not think that they will last 5 years, though.  I could be wrong, but I think Tiffany especially has now started to see that the luster is gone.  It's great that she is there for him & always swooning over him.  I think she will grow very tired rather quickly.  She probably already has in all honesty.  These two were all about the wedding details, the extensive planning, & most of all, the attention that came with it.  IMO she is a little young for Lawson.  Lawson needs to grow up a tad as well.  As all of us have well noticed, they have quite possibly the least amount of chemistry of any of the couples.  Maybe things are better for them when the cameras aren't rolling, I just highly doubt it.  

I do feel that Tiffany is definitely missing California and wondering why in the world she ever left!   I do believe she is somewhat giddy over Lawson, but that is fleeting.  As far as Lawson goes, well, he is too much in love with mirror!  These two would've done fine having a relationship where they travel and meet here and there.  He could go off and do his music stuff & she could scoot around between commercials and trips.  There shouldn't have ever been a rush to this relationship, especially not just because he was older and that was probably the "next thing to do" since he was pushing thirty.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            "

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic