IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 7: How Is This Going to Work?

Coconut Flan

Lawson could just harmonize with Tiffany in sections? Can he harmonize? I have never heard him sing, nor particularly wish to. They could be like Dean & Britta except not cool.

Edited by backyard sylph
new page
  • Upvote 1

Tiffany is hard at work shilling stuff on Instagram stories. I wonder if Lawson will get some paid partnerships? 

• Upvote 1

For someone who has acting experience she's not very good at shilling stuff, she needs to work on her presentation, or maybe stick to her day job!!😅

• Upvote 5

@0 kids n not countin I didn’t  know if she was trying to act ‘real’ and not too polished, so she was relatable, or whether it was just rushed, grab the money and get it over with. So far they’ve got her rental property income, paid partnerships and a joint YouTube as income. I doubt Lawson’s vanity project live shows even break even.

• Upvote 2

Anyone who watches her have a list of the sponsors? I would like to send these companies a link to the mocking George Floyd video and ask if they support such things. Lawson may not have said it, but he laughed and in these situations silence is support. Tiffany hooked her wagon to some real racist people and hopefully there will be consequences to that. Didn’t Lawson to to the Jan. 6th overthrow democracy rally too? 

• Upvote 11

14 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Anyone who watches her have a list of the sponsors? I would like to send these companies a link to the mocking George Floyd video and ask if they support such things. Lawson may not have said it, but he laughed and in these situations silence is support. Tiffany hooked her wagon to some real racist people and hopefully there will be consequences to that. Didn’t Lawson to to the Jan. 6th overthrow democracy rally too? 

He and Trace were at the Jan. 6th overthrow democracy rally, which is what I would focus on. I don't know that the George Floyd video would convince sponsors since he didn't say it. 

Here's a link to more information about the rally.

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

On 5/28/2022 at 11:08 AM, Nothing if not critical said:

How are people supposed to get through one of Lawson's concerts without alcohol?

Good question!  I've heard him sing a couple of times and those times I remember it wasn't anything to write home about.  For as long as he has been in the public eye,  his big break to stardom would've already happened by now, maybe?  Does anyone have a link to any of his live performances?  If so, it would be greatly appreciated!

• Upvote 3

On 6/10/2022 at 11:31 AM, TaraJade7 said:

Good question!  I've heard him sing a couple of times and those times I remember it wasn't anything to write home about.  For as long as he has been in the public eye,  his big break to stardom would've already happened by now, maybe?  Does anyone have a link to any of his live performances?  If so, it would be greatly appreciated!

Has Lawson ever played with a band? Paid any dues by performing in any local venues that aren't a church? Maybe I'm just older than fuck (okay, not maybe), but it seems to me unless you were a child star that attracted promoters looking for the next star, music headliners emerge from years of playing small gigs -of course that would mean bars (everybody), bathhouses (Bette Middler)-- background vocals (Katy Perry, Phil Collins, Elton John), emerging from a group (Beyonce, Van Morrison), busking (Rod Stewart, Glen Hansard, Tracy Chapman), or transitioning from another artistic discipline like musical theatre. As far as I can tell Lawon's only background was performing with his woefully unmusical family (I have a bad ear and even I can hear that) and then just decided he would emerge as a high-profile solo artist (kind of like Amy Duggar spending a week in Nashville with her grandma telling producers to be nice and expecting a record contract).
Tiffany does have actual professional experience in that world so maybe she can open his eyes a little.

• Upvote 9

Lawson has put almost no effort into his singing career. And having just looked at Tiffypoo's Greece pics--my question is--did those vapid twits take a photographer/videographer with them on their honeymoon? Or did they just force random passerby to take pics while they posed?

• Upvote 9

I watched the honeymoon video.  They seem to have mostly gone to Greece so they could see where the Apostle Paul preached.   She knew about Athena when asked but he had no idea. They went through the McDonalds drive through. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 11
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

21 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I watched the honeymoon video.  They seem to have mostly gone to Greece so they could see where the Apostle Paul preached.   She knew about Athena when asked but he had no idea. They went through the McDonalds drive through. 

I've longed to see Greece my whole life. The beauty, history, culture, people, food, music, all of it interests me. 

At least I've got YouTube. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

It looks like they dined up on Mt. Lycabettis, one of my favorite places. If these two twits end up staying at the same place on Santorini where I honeymooned, I'm gonna die.

Sympathies to the AirB&B host who had to let them into their flat in the middle of the night.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

It looks like they dined up on Mt. Lycabettis, one of my favorite places. If these two twits end up staying at the same place on Santorini where I honeymooned, I'm gonna die.

Sympathies to the AirB&B host who had to let them into their flat in the middle of the night.

Agreed.  I felt terrible for the host. Was that planned or did something go wrong so he had to go let them in? I was confused. 

• Upvote 3

On 6/13/2022 at 8:09 AM, BeccaGrim said:

What? Mickey D’s, in Greece. These experiences are really lost on these folks.

My husband and I have wanted to do Greece for the last few years, but Covid….

• Upvote 8

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

What? Mickey D’s, in Greece. These experiences are really lost on these folks.

My husband and I have wanted to do Greece for the last few years, but Covid….

It was in the middle of the night on the way from the airport, so not a lot open, and Tiffany said it is a tradition when they travel (they did the same thing in Italy). From the few pictures she's shared, it does look like they otherwise are local.

I did find it interesting how much more knowledgeable Tiffany is than Lawson and I wonder again, what she sees in him.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

I couldn’t make it through the whole video (may try again later), but I was amused by them dining at In n Out Burger in full wedding attire. They probably got very little chance to eat at the reception. Tiffany must have the metabolism of a jackrabbit to eat fast food and stay so thin (of course, she’s very young). She may find that changing after she has a couple of kids. 

I was horrified by Lawson driving in the middle of the night, in a foreign country, after just getting off a long-haul flight. That was an accident waiting to happen. Why bother renting a car at all? Use public transport or hire a local driver. My sympathies were somewhat with them for arriving at the AirBnB at 5:00 am and not finding the key. They must have been exhausted. Not sure if the fault lay with them for giving insufficient notice or the host for forgetting to leave the key. Either way, it was an easily avoidable mistake.

I cut out when Lawson started yapping about St. Paul. Hoping that if I finish later I’ll find they visited the antiquities or cruised the islands, but I’m not holding my breath. For all Tiffany claims they love history and spending time in museums, I see no evidence they actually know any history.

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, postscript said:

I couldn’t make it through the whole video (may try again later), but I was amused by them dining at In n Out Burger in full wedding attire. They probably got very little chance to eat at the reception. Tiffany must have the metabolism of a jackrabbit to eat fast food and stay so thin (of course, she’s very young). She may find that changing after she has a couple of kids. 

I was horrified by Lawson driving in the middle of the night, in a foreign country, after just getting off a long-haul flight. That was an accident waiting to happen. Why bother renting a car at all? Use public transport or hire a local driver. My sympathies were somewhat with them for arriving at the AirBnB at 5:00 am and not finding the key. They must have been exhausted. Not sure if the fault lay with them for giving insufficient notice or the host for forgetting to leave the key. Either way, it was an easily avoidable mistake.

I cut out when Lawson started yapping about St. Paul. Hoping that if I finish later I’ll find they visited the antiquities or cruised the islands, but I’m not holding my breath. For all Tiffany claims they love history and spending time in museums, I see no evidence they actually know any history.

why didn't they just go through the drive through, they seem like the type of people who would go and dine in so people can congratulate them and they could get more attention

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

why didn't they just go through the drive through, they seem like the type of people who would go and dine in so people can congratulate them and they could get more attention

I feel that they purposefully went in with just this in mind!  I agree that they probably didn't get to eat much at the reception but most newlyweds would have grabbed it in the drive thru and sped away.  I may get downvoted, but Lawson especially seemed more interested in posing for shots, greeting the public and getting attention vs. his true focus should have been on his bride (and vice versa.)  Maybe they cuddled and smooched when not on camera.  I just didn't get the newlywed vibe from these two.  For comparison, take Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo on their honeymoon (e.g. cooking class)...Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 9

If McD was the only food option open on my foreign nation honeymoon, I’d keep that really quiet. I certainly would find a different tradition while traveling.

Yes, when it comes to food, I m a bit more choosy. I won’t go into the horrid details of the last time I consumed McDs in 1995, but it involved a long drive and emergency stop(yes, side of the road) on the side of a major No-So freeway in CA. Never again.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, postscript said:

I was horrified by Lawson driving in the middle of the night, in a foreign country, after just getting off a long-haul flight. That was an accident waiting to happen. Why bother renting a car at all? Use public transport or hire a local driver. 

My thoughts exactly! Driving in Greece is not for the faint-hearted, and parking in cities like Athens is a b**tch.  Picking up a rental car, after midnight, after flying halfway around the world, then driving into a dense, hilly metro area (and you can't even read some of the traffic signage), then parking and dragging your luggage into your flat? Why???? Get an Uber/Lyft/Taxi!  Every place they showed was walkable from their flat--maybe a short taxi ride to the Mt. Lykabettis funicular. 

Is it part of Lawson's fundy machismo that he has to drive his bride everywhere??  

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Is it part of Lawson's fundy machismo that he has to drive his bride everywhere??  

Some people truly cannot process the concept that you can go places without a car. Not a macho thing so much as an Ugly American thing.

In-n-Out Burger for the wedding party might be a thing in California? They did it the one time I’ve ever been to a wedding in California.

• Upvote 11

49 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Some people truly cannot process the concept that you can go places without a car. Not a macho thing so much as an Ugly American thing.

In-n-Out Burger for the wedding party might be a thing in California? They did it the one time I’ve ever been to a wedding in California.

Yeah and I know people who can't handle being driven. They have to be the one driving, so no cabs, don't like busses, etc. 

No in and out burgers here, but I know wedding parties that have gone into Tim Horton's after the wedding. 

• Upvote 2

I must admit, I do like trying foreign maccas, I like to compare them to my own. My fav is maccas in germany where you can get beer and I had Maccas in Moscow which apparently was the busiest in the world. I eat local food and have no drama adn love new experiences but I do like seeing what is different and same same about mcdonalds all over the world. I can give them a pass on that tradition. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I must admit, I do like trying foreign maccas, I like to compare them to my own. My fav is maccas in germany where you can get beer and I had Maccas in Moscow which apparently was the busiest in the world. I eat local food and have no drama adn love new experiences but I do like seeing what is different and same same about mcdonalds all over the world. I can give them a pass on that tradition. 

same. I'm also interested in the price differentials across countries.

And I agree with other posters, lots of Americans can't process travelling without a car. And can't process that, in major cities, taking a cab/Uber or public transportation, is going to be cheaper, faster & less hassle than driving and paying to park.

One of the sad things is, self-driving in these situations makes you even more isolated from the place you are visiting--you aren't chatting with your driver; you, the driver, don't have the bandwidth to really observe the scenery; you aren't experiencing a foreign transport system & its riders.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic