IGNORED

Webster4Eva 11: They don't know it's not vitally important to teach a 5 year old how to choose a man

HerNameIsBuffy

Alyssa posting a song featuring Megan Thee Stallion was NOT what I expected 😂 Dear Fundies, a liiiiiiitttttttllllle bit of research or background reading makes you look like less of a hypocrite and/or a fool! 

Edited by Mrs Ms
Forgot a word
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

49 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

Alyssa posting a song featuring Megan Thee Stallion was NOT what I expected 😂 Dear Fundies, a liiiiiiitttttttllllle bit of research or background reading makes you look like less of a hypocrite and/or a fool! 

I take it she is not fundie approved lol 

Very, very, very not fundie approved!

NSFW music video under the spoiler.

Spoiler

Edited by Mrs Ms
NSFW warning added
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Very, very, very not fundie approved!

NSFW music video under the spoiler.

Hide contents

Oh that song... I have never heard it but I know of it..... ohhhh ba ha ha ha very unfunded 

• Upvote 3

Alyssa posting Megan Thee Stallion reminds me of when Lawson lip-synched to or sang some rap song.  The lyric that stands out the most is "I'm like Arby's 'cuz I have the meats", or something along those lines.  

• Haha 10

On 3/4/2022 at 8:14 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

Alyssa posting Megan Thee Stallion reminds me of when Lawson lip-synched to or sang some rap song.  The lyric that stands out the most is "I'm like Arby's 'cuz I have the meats", or something along those lines.  

TBF that is on-brand for how Lawson considers himself 🤢

• I Agree 3

I dont know how one of her kids hasn’t fallen in that pool yet.  Maybe one has but she won’t IG that. I’m not wishing for that to happen. But Jesus Christ, she seems lax about pool safety. In one recent story, she comes out of the house w/her coffee and the 4 kids are out there. In another pic, she tanning in a chair w/the 4 kids across the pool from her. Just seems like an accident waiting to happen.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I dont know how one of her kids hasn’t fallen in that pool yet.  Maybe one has but she won’t IG that. I’m not wishing for that to happen. But Jesus Christ, she seems lax about pool safety. In one recent story, she comes out of the house w/her coffee and the 4 kids are out there. In another pic, she tanning in a chair w/the 4 kids across the pool from her. Just seems like an accident waiting to happen.  

I agree. I'm not saying make the kids afraid of the water. However, they do need a healthy respect for it. There have been multiple videos of the kids being unsafe around the pool - running, playing near the edge, etc. Alyssa and John should have rules about that sort of thing and enforce them. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I wonder if Alyssa is a strong swimmer? Admittedly, the oldest 3 girls have had swimming lessons and are nearing 7, 5, and 4 years of age, so are probably safer around water, but throwing a baby in the mix is frightening. Plus, there’s just too many of them for her to be so casual (I’m betting John is a decent swimmer but is out of the home most of the time).

We owned one home with a pool which we purchased when our kids were 12 and 9. Before that time, we had owned 3 homes without pools by choice. Having worked in the PICU with children who were near drownings (usually with catastrophic outcomes), the risk was just too high for me.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 11

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder if Alyssa is a strong swimmer? Admittedly, the oldest 3 girls have had swimming lessons and are nearing 7, 5, and 4 years of age, so are probably safer around water, but throwing a baby in the mix is frightening. Plus, there’s just too many of them for her to be so casual (I’m betting John is a decent swimmer but is out of the home most of the time).

We owned one home with a pool which we purchased when our kids were 12 and 9. Before that time, we had owned 3 homes without pools by choice. Having worked in the PICU with children who were near drownings (usually with catastrophic outcomes), the risk was just too high for me.

While the pool is not that deep (still enough to drown in), other of the Bates have indicated that Kelly had a fear of water and did not insist on lessons, etc. with the 19 children. There was an episode where Whitney and Erin took their oldest sons for lessons and that Jeb and Judson joined them. Erin said something about being surprised that Jeb and Judson were encouraged to go. Maybe she got lessons as an adult.

The pic she posted showed her in the vicinity but also indicated that she was on her phone. Did she snap a pic, post it, and then put down her phone? Was she scrolling, texting, or talking? Did she close her eyes to ward off the sun coming in through the windows? Was she reading a book? Or was she sitting there and actively watching her children play? We don't know. 

I'm not anti-pool. I don't have one with my daughters because they tend to be fearless and I am lazy about that stuff (don't want to have to maintain it). My fear would be one could fall in and others could "try to help." The situation could be catastrophic for Alyssa and John.

In my childhood I had one friend nearby with a pool. She and I played often. If her parents were not outside with us, we were told we could play in the yard but not in the enclosed pool area. There was no playing next to it or on the same patio. We were in the yard and there was a high fence separating us from even seeing it. You left a toy in the pool or near it when you did get to go in? Oh well, you better hope it is still there when we had pool time again.

As an adult, I went to visit my friend's family. Her mother (then in her 70s) said she might want to have a drink by the pool. I offered to make the drink and dang if I didn't check to see if an adult was by the pool when I went to take it outside. That is how much of a rule it was and how enforced it felt.  

• Upvote 1

Is it me, or does Alyssa heap a lot of attention on Maci Jo? I don’t remember her doting on any of the other girls quite as much. I wonder if it’s because the others are so close in age, that she didn’t have the time and energy to dedicate to them at the time?  

If so, I hope she realizes how nice it is to have 1 baby and enjoy that individual time.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Is it me, or does Alyssa heap a lot of attention on Maci Jo? I don’t remember her doting on any of the other girls quite as much. I wonder if it’s because the others are so close in age, that she didn’t have the time and energy to dedicate to them at the time?  

If so, I hope she realizes how nice it is to have 1 baby and enjoy that individual time.

That’s my guess. She didn’t have a baby for awhile because of her heart issues. And now that there’s a gap, she can enjoy the baby stage. I’m just afraid when Maci becomes a 2 year old, Alyssa will decide she needs another baby. And she will end up with 6 or 7 because she wants just one more baby. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

It'd be nice if part of the reason was because she and John really were planning on being done.  But I'll believe it when I see it.

• I Agree 7

14 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

It'd be nice if part of the reason was because she and John really were planning on being done.  But I'll believe it when I see it.

I wonder how much not having a son has played into this? If Zoey had been a boy would the Webster family have been complete, especially in light of Alyssa’s health issues?  I know lots of couples with 3 of the same sex, but few who went on to have a fourth. I think Alyssa wants a son for John, not necessarily because she wants a boy. I have a hard time seeing Alyssa with a boy-

• Upvote 2

I think they are done with planned and “let it happen” pregnancies but think they will have one true “oops” pregnancy because of birth control failure. Whichever option(s) they use. No way John will want to purposely sign Alyssa up for 9 months of hell knowing each pregnancy makes it worse and just how bad the last one was for her. 
 He adores his girls as much as their patriarchal ideals let him and has plenty of brothers living close by to do “boy things” with. 

In my head canon the final pregnancy will be twin boys and they will be open about permanent solutions via vasectomy or tubal after the birth. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/9/2022 at 7:14 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s my guess. She didn’t have a baby for awhile because of her heart issues. And now that there’s a gap, she can enjoy the baby stage. I’m just afraid when Maci becomes a 2 year old, Alyssa will decide she needs another baby. And she will end up with 6 or 7 because she wants just one more baby. 

She had a post meeting Finley and talking about how she just loves baby snuggles that makes me think she is already getting new baby fever. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 1

I have baby fever by proxy. My coworker's sister is pregnant and I already asked him if he could arrange a head smelling session.  We are very casual at my work place so he took it in good fun, but I'll admit if he actually showed up with a newborn and presented its head I would not turn it down.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I have baby fever by proxy. My coworker's sister is pregnant and I already asked him if he could arrange a head smelling session.  We are very casual at my work place so he took it in good fun, but I'll admit if he actually showed up with a newborn and presented its head I would not turn it down.

Lol! I’m pregnant with our first, and my husband hasn’t been around many babies. I told him he’s just going to LOVE cuddling her, doing skin-to-skin, and smelling her head. When I mentioned the head smelling, he looked at me like I had three heads. 😅 I was like just wait… you’ll understand when she’s here hahaha 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 6

On 3/11/2022 at 3:45 AM, CanadianMamam said:

She had a post meeting Finley and talking about how she just loves baby snuggles that makes me think she is already getting new baby fever. 

It may be true (I hope not!), but fundies always write the same when they visit a newborn, so maybe she's just parroting what she is expected to.

Alyssa seems to be enjoy Maci, but let's be sincere, she looks more than bored about motherhood. Maci will be walking and "tantrum-ing" soon and I'm not sure Alyssa will enjoy that. 

I can be wrong. My opinion is just based on instagram. But Alyssa doens't look attached to her children. I don't see a deep relationship with them (she had a special bond with Zoey, but not anymore). I'm sure she adores that children, but she needs something else. Motherhood 24/7 is not for everyone.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 3/10/2022 at 6:45 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Isn't this what everyone says when they hold a newborn? I'm not sure it means anything.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

I’m one of the few who isn’t a big fan of holding newborns. They just seem so fragile and I don’t want to hurt or upset them. I like looking at them and talking to them. But I prefer to hold older babies who can hold their head up. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

I was always in love with newborns/babies. Ever since I was a teen. So cute, the cuddles, the smell. They were all beautiful to me.  
Fast forward- now I have my own and other babies just don’t make the cut anymore. I feel…. nothing? I don’t even think they are overly cute anymore. It’s like I can only adore my own child (and the few from our friends group that were born earlier) and have a harder time to be as enthusiastic about the ones that came later. 
Maybe it has also to do with the social distancing in the last 2 years. Anyway, obviously I keep that to myself because every parent deserves that people gush over their new baby. But yeahhhh…….

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

On 3/12/2022 at 6:10 PM, SassyPants said:

I loved, loved, loved, smelling my babies’ ears. WHY? 

It’s the vernix caseosa. That’s what causes the new baby smell and people find it calming and intoxicating. Keeps babies loved and cared for and helps moms with the stress and baby blues. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Johannah said:

It’s the vernix caseosa. That’s what causes the new baby smell and people find it calming and intoxicating. Keeps babies loved and cared for and helps moms with the stress and baby blues. 

I’m just getting over covid (was triple-vaxxed, but our lovely government is getting rid of all restrictions and cases are going up here again, UGH), and I lost my sense of smell yesterday! So I’m SO hoping it’s back before I give birth in a couple months, as I’ve been so looking forward to devouring that smell 

• Love 14

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic