IGNORED

Maxwell 52: Retired Vests, Retired Blog, and Retired Maxwells

Coconut Flan

On 3/15/2022 at 10:28 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Look who isn’t a stuck at home cleaning ceiling fans!

CE85894D-3AC8-42C7-AD04-7F409BBE9166.jpeg

Look who isn't serving at a nursing home! I wonder if the girls saw that option and were like.... nope, next. Meanwhile 1,000 miles away in Kansas Stevehova sit up and gasps. 

• Upvote 16
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/19/2022 at 7:55 PM, ElizaB said:

Clicked on the swift otter facebook and it showed that Joe donated all sales for one day to Ukraine. Thought this was actually a nice thing to do. 

It’s really remarkable considering how little interest Steve showed in even knowing what is happening in the world, much less doing anything more than thoughts and prayers.

Edited by treemom
  • Upvote 17

On 2/8/2022 at 6:51 AM, HereticHick said:

But we have all have different strengths and ways of learning--what is "fluffy" to you may be extremely difficult to me.  Political Science and History  and Geology and Archeology and are a breeze for me--taking a Intermediate Greek course at ABC, or "Introduction to Clinical Radiography"  at my local community college, would be much more difficult.

There are also students, including a couple of my offspring, who can only engage with their most challenging class. They put all their time and effort into, say, the Honors Physics seminar, and end up failing Intro to Sociology, which would have taken almost no effort for them to ace.

• Upvote 6

I don't get the big deal seeing Mary indoctrinating young kids. We've seen them do this before. Mary and Anna have been volunteering with a little kids before they went to college. They probably volunteered with kids on those mission trips they went on. I think also think they did a lot more child care than just playing with their nieces and nephews. 

Mary and Anna lived away from home by themselves, but together when they went on mission trips in the past. They were gone for a few weeks at a time. 

I was surprised they're going to college and Sarah moved out, but for me, that means there was a lot going on behind the scenes. I think they were probably doing a lot more than they've told us. I think the girls were doing more than dusting ceiling fans and I would be more shocked if they went back to simply dusting afterwards.

I'm glad Mary is happy with little kids seeing as she is still young enough to have a large quiver if she marries.

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

There are also students, including a couple of my offspring, who can only engage with their most challenging class. They put all their time and effort into, say, the Honors Physics seminar, and end up failing Intro to Sociology, which would have taken almost no effort for them to ace.

I hate how much I resembled this remark 🙄😳

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

That ABC ad really hi-lighted the "athletic pursuits" didn't it? Almost no mention or images of academics. As a young fundie maiden I would see "come have parent- and church- approved fun with in-shape young fundies like you!" And if I were a fundie maiden with limited options...yeah that might work!

However now I'm a scientist cautiously applying for a faculty position at a Christian college (accredited, a bit conservative but nothing like ABC) and I'm wondering about those ABC professors!!

• Upvote 11

Hahahahaha Steve and Teri are speaking at a Homeschool Conference and it has a Pampering Night for Moms and a Fun Night for dads and kids.  His blood pressure will shoot sky high 😆 https://rockymountainhomeschoolconference.com/schedule/friday-fun-night/

With bonus DECEPTION!

"Mike will not only show you how life displays design, order, and beauty but how incredible animals from around the world “hide” and deceive each other. Join us for unlimited adventure. "

Edited by ClareDeLune
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 3

10 hours ago, ClareDeLune said:

Hahahahaha Steve and Teri are speaking at a Homeschool Conference and it has a Pampering Night for Moms and a Fun Night for dads and kids.  His blood pressure will shoot sky high 😆 https://rockymountainhomeschoolconference.com/schedule/friday-fun-night/

With bonus DECEPTION!

"Mike will not only show you how life displays design, order, and beauty but how incredible animals from around the world “hide” and deceive each other. Join us for unlimited adventure. "

Although in this crowd I am sure the “pamper” night is just someone trying to sell their mlm products

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 3

On 4/5/2022 at 11:04 PM, ElizaB said:

Although in this crowd I am sure the “pamper” night is just someone trying to sell their mlm products

And grifting for a KitchenAid mixer.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 4/5/2022 at 6:12 AM, ClareDeLune said:

With bonus DECEPTION!

I'm surprised its not being held in the Springs. Its being held near the airport (as close as you can get to DIA that is) in a heavily Latine/Black area. They used a black family on their ads but their entire speaker list is white. I'm surprised Stevehova and Teri still get conference invites. Wow.

• Upvote 5

On 4/5/2022 at 8:04 PM, ElizaB said:

The website promises that "Homeschool moms are in for a treat with a relaxed and enjoyable evening including sweet fellowship"

At least one fundie mom, Kelly Bates maybe, used "sweet fellowship" as a euphemism for having sexy time with her spouse. Or at least that's how it came across. So now I cannot read that term without my mind going to a very naughty place.

I'll see myself to the prayer closet and hope the bar is open.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

At least one fundie mom, Kelly Bates maybe, used "sweet fellowship" as a euphemism for having sexy time with her spouse. Or at least that's how it came across. So now I cannot read that term without my mind going to a very naughty place.

I am glad I'm not the only one! Now anytime a fundie uses the word fellowship that is the first thing that comes to mind even when it is clear that is not the intent. Why can't fundies get together and just enjoy hanging out with one another or another family, why does it always have to be fellowship? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

23 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

I am glad I'm not the only one! Now anytime a fundie uses the word fellowship that is the first thing that comes to mind even when it is clear that is not the intent. Why can't fundies get together and just enjoy hanging out with one another or another family, why does it always have to be fellowship? 

Because "hanging out" or "getting together with another family" implies it was just frilly fun time, and "fellowship" implies that there was spiritual benefit, which is important to people like Steve who are scared to death of fun.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 2

So I hung out with some fundi-lite people for a bit. I did notice that they often used "fellowship" very ironically. Like we know we are just hanging out but we are going to say fellowshipping so its sounds better. They knew they were doing this and it was sort of joke. 

Now, I think that true fundis don't use it ironically. However, it was interesting to me how pretty quickly when you became a little bit fundi "lite" the word become almost a joke. 

• Upvote 7

On 4/5/2022 at 6:12 PM, ClareDeLune said:

With bonus DECEPTION!

Then there’s also this gem, the “Father & Son Lunch”, here: https://chec.regfox.com/2022-conference

“Join Todd Wilson for lunch on Saturday June18, from 12:45 to 1:45 as he gives tips onRaising Dangerous Sons in a Safe andMediocre World.  God wants your sons toleave the heavily-populated, safe waters andlive dangerously. He wants your sons to trustdangerously, work dangerously, and lovedangerously. But that doesn’t comenaturally. Everyone around them, from thetalking heads in the media to pastors in thepulpit, keep repeating, “Play it safe.” Here’s asecret: dangerous living leads to joy, familyhappiness, and real success while safe livingresults in worry, family failure, andheartache. Join Todd as he encourages youand your sons to GET DANGEROUS.”

Wow, this is odd. I don’t think I’ve ever heard this reasoning, not even in fundie circles. Aren’t the lives of fundies (both male and female) the epitome of predictability and blandness, so pretty much the opposite of “dangerous”?

*Full House theme song playing in my head - “whatever happened to predictability? The newsman, the paper boy, evening tv…”*

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Maxwell sighting: 5 of Nathan's 6 kids doing the Spring100 thing.

I tried to post the picture here but I keep getting an error. They're pictured in week 4.

http://spring100challenge.com/

And they referred to them as the Maxwell crew! 😂. How did they know that was one of Sarah’s favorite words?

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Maxwell sighting: 5 of Nathan's 6 kids doing the Spring100 thing.

I tried to post the picture here but I keep getting an error. They're pictured in week 4.

http://spring100challenge.com/

Thanks!

I also saw the Craig siblings (Jesse Maxwell's wife, Anna's, siblings) and Bontragers. That world seems pretty small!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Join Todd Wilson... as he gives tips on Raising Dangerous Sons in a Safe and Mediocre World.  God wants your sons to leave the...safe waters and live dangerously...Here's a secret: dangerous living leads to joy, family happiness and real success, while safe living results in worry, family failure and heartache.  Join Todd and he encourages you and your sons to GET DANGEROUS! 

Could someone alert the Arndt "Safe at Home" crew to this talk? 

Edited by Howl
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 12

On 4/12/2022 at 8:02 PM, kpmom said:

And they referred to them as the Maxwell crew! 😂. How did they know that was one of Sarah’s favorite words?

They've grown so much since the Maxwells stopped updating their blog.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I'm really curious to see what Nathan's girls will do after they graduate high school. It's about 5 years down the line for Abby. Will they stay home and dust ceiling fans? Go to Bible college? Regular college? Missions? I hope no one in that family lets their daughters waste away at home like Teri and Steve did for so many years.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

36 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

I'm really curious to see what Nathan's girls will do after they graduate high school. It's about 5 years down the line for Abby. Will they stay home and dust ceiling fans? Go to Bible college? Regular college? Missions? I hope no one in that family lets their daughters waste away at home like Teri and Steve did for so many years.

I could see them sending her to a Christian college. But maybe nearby. I don’t know if he would let her go all the way to WV. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic