IGNORED

Maxwell 52: Retired Vests, Retired Blog, and Retired Maxwells

Coconut Flan

Hey @Manda, let me introduce you to your sister from another mister @Bluebirdbluebell  -y'all seem like you'll get along famously.

Edited by CaptainFunderpants
proper tag.
  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 15

10 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

How will we know? 

Hopefully we will find little hints on social media--maybe Chelsy will blab something. Maybe they will show up in one of the dozens of ABC weddings happening this summer. Maybe one of them will stay on campus & work at Alpine Ministries.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

21 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

It's just hitting the news in the past few hours.  Currently it's in the form of a draft from SCOTUS,  from back in February.  Don't know when it will be formally decided.

Part of the newsworthy aspect is that the draft was leaked.  There are never leaks from SCOTUS, but this leaked.

One "silver lining" I read is that it makes a strong Democratic showing in the November midterms more likely, as all the outrage boils over.  We can only hope.

I think the MAGA crowd was all in when the republicans were targeting LGBQT and immigrants as objects for hateful legislation.  But now that they are losing their own personal reproductive freedoms, as well as cash flow (Abbott costing Texas thousands of dollars with his trucking stunt, and Desantis poking the Disney bear) I wonder (hope) the republicans get backlash in the midterms. It will take a lot to make the MAGAs see what toxicity they voted in.

• Upvote 8

On 5/1/2022 at 2:15 PM, kpmom said:

Isn't it funny, Steve had mentioned in one of his Dad's Corners years ago that he gave up his aviation hobby as it took time away from his family.  It was in one of his rants about developing an "appetite" for hobbies.

Time that was desperately needed to micromanage cleaning ceiling fans, wrapping bean burritos and making sure his daughters were completely blocked from having normal life experiences.  What a profoundly neurotic man. 

Thanks to @JermajestyDuggar's post noting that ABC has an aviation ministry program, I checked out the Aviation Ministry page HERE.

Based on the very manly man pilot photo oozing testosterone and hair, I wondered if this ministry would specifically be limited to manly men, but there is nothing about limiting this to penis holders.  

Of course, there's the creepy "da plane, da plane!" element of going to remote areas specifically to f**k with the existing beliefs of the locals. 

Under the "you will be trained in" header in the Objectives and Outcomes table is this gem: discerning which cultural differences are Biblically permissible

It's a huge turn off that the total focus is on changing beliefs with  zero emphasis on bringing practical skills helpful to the people. 

And the whole airplane thing.  First, of course, there has to be an airfield.  Are you dropping off missionaries who are going to stay?  Bringing supplies to missionaries who are already living somewhere remote with no other access?  Are you flying yourself in and staying and the plane just sits there?  Are you flying in for a cameo "Jesus died for your sins!" appearance and then leaving after a few hours or days?

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Based on the very manly man pilot photo oozing testosterone and hair, I wondered if this ministry would specifically be limited to manly men, but there is nothing about limiting this to penis holders.  

I had the exact same thought.  Could they have found a more fundie ideal of manliness than the man they use in that picture?  I looked too at the description of the classes to see if they say  yay or nay about female students in that major, but didn't see anything.

C'mon Mary or Anna, become a pilot and really drive your old man crazy (crazier).

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I had the exact same thought.  Could they have found a more fundie ideal of manliness than the man they use in that picture?  I looked too at the description of the classes to see if they say  yay or nay about female students in that major, but didn't see anything.

C'mon Mary or Anna, become a pilot and really drive your old man crazy (crazier).

There aren’t many female fundie pilots unfortunately. Of course Jessica Richardson is. But there’s another that’s rarely mentioned and that’s Susannah Wissmann. I hope there are more in the future. 

• Upvote 9

Ah, doesn't it feel good to rip off the long dresses and ten layers of clothing and go to the beach?  This is my kind of vacation.  

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 11

10 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Ah, doesn't it feel good to rip off the long dresses and ten layers of clothing and go to the beach?  This is my kind of vacation.  

Did the Maxwells go to the beach on vacation in the past. They always seem to go to Colorado. I imagine Steve avoided it because he couldn’t handle seeing all the women in bikinis. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

53 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did the Maxwells go to the beach on vacation in the past. They always seem to go to Colorado. I imagine Steve avoided it because he couldn’t handle seeing all the women in bikinis. 

I think there were EARRRRRLLLLY blog pics of them at the beach, but of course they went when it was freezing cold and walked around in frumpers and sneakers and coats and of course didn't have to worry about being defrauded by ordinary people in ordinary swimsuits. They may have even said something specifically about going to the beach when no one else would be there. (Kinda like the lobster story - yes, Steve let them try lobster, but it was refrigerated and microwaved and not served fresh, so naturally everyone scorned it and said that expensive food was wasteful and dumb and they never wanted to have it again.)

In fairness, being in Kansas they don't exactly live near the beach. But they traveled enough during the Uriah days that they probably got near it a time or two during actual beach weather - however I doubt they went.

• Upvote 11

10 minutes ago, Bethy said:

I think there were EARRRRRLLLLY blog pics of them at the beach, but of course they went when it was freezing cold and walked around in frumpers and sneakers and coats and of course didn't have to worry about being defrauded by ordinary people in ordinary swimsuits. They may have even said something specifically about going to the beach when no one else would be there. (Kinda like the lobster story - yes, Steve let them try lobster, but it was refrigerated and microwaved and not served fresh, so naturally everyone scorned it and said that expensive food was wasteful and dumb and they never wanted to have it again.)

In fairness, being in Kansas they don't exactly live near the beach. But they traveled enough during the Uriah days that they probably got near it a time or two during actual beach weather - however I doubt they went.

Florida seems to be a popular place for fundies to travel to on their “ministries.” I’m betting they went to FL at least once. 

• Upvote 5

Pre-reversal, they lived within 20 minutes of Clearwater Beach (their time in Florida). I have no idea if they went to the beach/pool, but I would be shocked if they didn't.  It's too humid on the Gulf not to.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MomJeans said:

Pre-reversal, they lived within 20 minutes of Clearwater Beach (their time in Florida). I have no idea if they went to the beach/pool, but I would be shocked if they didn't.  It's too humid on the Gulf not to.

Wait, what? They were making Clearwater Beach Maxhell? My husband wants to retire there. ( we are currently in Monterey, CA). I’m trying to accept that FL might be in my future. I’m hoping that we can make FL blue-

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Good luck.  You could never, ever get me to trade Monterey for Clearwater Beach.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Good luck.  You could never, ever get me to trade Monterey for Clearwater Beach.  

Well…we will live 1/2 time in So America, so FL makes more geographic and fiscal sense, though it does pain me greatly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Wait, what? They were making Clearwater Beach Maxhell? My husband wants to retire there. ( we are currently in Monterey, CA). I’m trying to accept that FL might be in my future. I’m hoping that we can make FL blue-

They were also a lot more normal pre-reversal. Remember the pictures of the reversals when they were young, and Anna and Mary were swimming in huge, baggy, ankle-length dresses? But then people wanted to see pics of the older three at those ages and Sarah had pants and pierced ears and cute hair. So the beach (and people dressed for the beach) might not have been the huge scary thing then that it was in the early 2000s when they were anti-TV/friends/pants/fun/church.

• Upvote 6

I guess the college has the students clean the campus before commencement. I would be annoyed if I had to do that. But as a broke college student, I was paying a lot to be there and I wouldn’t want to also scrub their toilets for free. I cleaned my dorm room before I moved out. But I wasn’t going to clean the campus. I guess the Maxwell girls are used to being asked to do free labor all the time. 

DC52E8B9-9E1D-4C08-85FE-B64804D8148B.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

7 hours ago, kpmom said:

@theologygeek did Joseph mention where they went? 

Not that I saw

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Clearwater beach is my happy place.  Haven't been in years but I want to go next year.  

6 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Elissa looks really good. Happy. Healthy. Grown up/like she's come into her own. 

It's wild but they all look better now.

Edited by theologygeek
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

ABC isn't that expensive (and it shouldn't be). I don't see anything wrong with an all-campus work day if everyone pitches in.  I hope Mary's cheeky pose drives Steve crazy.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

ABC isn't that expensive (and it shouldn't be). I don't see anything wrong with an all-campus work day if everyone pitches in.  I hope Mary's cheeky pose drives Steve crazy.

That is from the Alpine Ministry Camp. I think that might have been where the girls did their mission work https://www.instagram.com/p/CdKFngojciX/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

They might be counsellors this summer

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Zee said:

That is from the Alpine Ministry Camp. I think that might have been where the girls did their mission work https://www.instagram.com/p/CdKFngojciX/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

They might be counsellors this summer

Alpine Ministries and ABC are basically the same entity. I wonder if we went back in time on Alpine Ministries social media we might see Mary and Anna?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 5/5/2022 at 1:18 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope they stay in WV for the summer. Maxhell must be so depressing. 

Yeah, if they go home for the summer, will they be allowed to leave Maxhell again?

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

if they do go home I think they will return to school in the fall.

I think Steve has realized he is no longer the supreme leader of the family and his children no longer care if he allows something or not. To save face I think he has stopped issuing his edicts to the family and saves his bullshit for his writing.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic