IGNORED

Maxwell 52: Retired Vests, Retired Blog, and Retired Maxwells

Coconut Flan

This fellow looks a lot like Christopher to me6F342EF0-9094-44E1-BB3E-E57705DA1D91.thumb.png.e26c0a4fab9a602cd904c4cd3f4ac159.png, though I doubt it's actually him.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

This fellow looks a lot like Christopher to me6F342EF0-9094-44E1-BB3E-E57705DA1D91.thumb.png.e26c0a4fab9a602cd904c4cd3f4ac159.png, though I doubt it's actually him.

I’ve seen that guy before and I thought he looked like Chris. But it’s not him. 

• Thank You 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve seen that guy before and I thought he looked like Chris. But it’s not him. 

He's in a lot of the posts for Alpine Ministries - the bible college's outdoors adventure offshoot or ministry or whatever they call it. The first time I saw him I also thought it could be Christopher. He is eerily similar in looks. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

That’s Anna with the same young man she appeared in earlier pictures with—the pics with Mary and her maybe-special-friend Samuel Hock, and two other young people who posted on Instagram about being a couple. Maybe it was a triple date after all?

Samuel Hock’s group photo from that outing tags this young man as Alex Eichhorn. Here’s his profile:

https://m.facebook.com/alex.eichhorn.165

Regardless, Anna looks once again happy, relaxed, and vital. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

Sorry to double-post if this doesn't merge, but, YOU GUYS. Alex Eichhorn is Facebook friends with Anna Maxwell.

🚨ANNA MAXWELL IS ON FACEBOOK!🚨

https://www.facebook.com/Annamax49

According to what's public on her page, she joined in August 2021 when heading off to school. Interesting exchange:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.033ab5824843cd3e60c197b562c63a45.png

And: Mary Maxwell, also on Facebook!! Her very locked-down profile is here:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100072123682849

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 2

23 minutes ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Sorry to double-post if this doesn't merge, but, YOU GUYS. Alex Eichhorn is Facebook friends with Anna Maxwell.

🚨ANNA MAXWELL IS ON FACEBOOK!🚨

https://www.facebook.com/Annamax49

According to what's public on her page, she joined in August 2021 when heading off to school. Interesting exchange:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.033ab5824843cd3e60c197b562c63a45.png

And: Mary Maxwell, also on Facebook!! Her very locked-down profile is here:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100072123682849

We already knew about their fb profiles. I’m not trying to burst your bubble. Just that you might not get much of a reaction from posters on FJ since we knew already. 

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We already knew about their fb profiles. I’m not trying to burst your bubble. Just that you might not get much of a reaction from posters on FJ since we knew already. 

Thanks, @JermajestyDuggar. My Maxwell-related head explosions may be overdue. Brb, gonna clean some brains off the carpet.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 18
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Thanks, @JermajestyDuggar. My Maxwell-related head explosions may be overdue. Brb, gonna clean some brains off the carpet.

I pray that you don't find scheduling a time with your crew to cleanse the carpet to be too onerous.

Alex Eichhorn is a sophomore on the ABC soccer team (along with Samuel Hock who is often seen with Mary). He's from the Cumberland, MD area, up in the Maryland panhandle. Like many student Chick-fil-a workers, he got a college scholarship from them last year: https://fb.watch/cx73nal0Xn/

He's probably 20 years old.  I think its terrific that the Maxwell gals can have male friends--like normal peopl!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I pray that you don't find scheduling a time with your crew to cleanse the carpet to be too onerous.

Alex Eichhorn is a sophomore on the ABC soccer team (along with Samuel Hock who is often seen with Mary). He's from the Cumberland, MD area, up in the Maryland panhandle. Like many student Chick-fil-a workers, he got a college scholarship from them last year: https://fb.watch/cx73nal0Xn/

He's probably 20 years old.  I think its terrific that the Maxwell gals can have male friends--like normal peopl!

Exactly. They don’t have to date. Just hang out and get to know people of the opposite sex from other places and backgrounds. 

• Upvote 13

I know I should be happy for Anna but she is turning 30 this year. I find it a tad bit sad that she is hanging out with 20 year olds who are just discovering life. At 30 my friends we a mix of professionals who were in relationships or not / with kids and without. That didn't matter but we all had 10 years of experience living as adults. 

• Upvote 8
  • Move Along 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I know I should be happy for Anna but she is turning 30 this year. I find it a tad bit sad that she is hanging out with 20 year olds who are just discovering life. At 30 my friends we a mix of professionals who were in relationships or not / with kids and without. That didn't matter but we all had 10 years of experience living as adults. 

I agree on the whole, but then I remember the sheltered & controlled life Anna has lived until now and emotionally, she is probably more closely aligned with 20 year olds than 30 year olds. 20 year olds are her peers; just learning life without mom & dad dictating their every move & thought. Spreading their wings for the first time. Learning who they are. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

I bet they have a wide variety of friends since there are married couples on campus. I saw pictures of Junior senior formal on ABC fb and I’m happy for Anna and Mary because they will get to go next year. It will be the closest to prom they will ever get. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Assuming Stevehovah doesn't step in and forbid it. The formal might have Music (omg no hymns). Dancing (omg couples of the opposite sex touching), and worst of all Fun.

OMG, omg, omg, pearl clutching, fainting, Stevehovah's head exploding. Run for your lives. FUN. 

Seriously though.. I could see Stevehovah and Christopher going to ABC to double-team browbeat/ shame Anna and Mary into not even thinking about the formal, much less going,

• Upvote 7

I don’t think Steve would forbid them from going to formal because he wouldn’t have let them go there if he didn’t agree with how the school functions. Anna and Mary are pretty much doing everything that is the opposite of what Steve has taught for years. They are in college, living away from home, in another state, making male and female friends Steve has ever met, playing sports, having fun, wearing pants/shorts and, most of all, learning to navigate life and relationships without their parents breathing down their necks 24/7. Plus, we have already seen them dressed up with their friends for some type of event. I am not sure why the formal would be Steve’s line in the sand when he hasn’t stopped them from doing everything else. His oldest daughter is living on her own instead of at home waiting for a Godly husband. Steve seems to have pretty much stopped enforcing the rules he has for years used to as a reason to keep his daughters safe while at the same time touting his stupid books about raising a godly family. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6

It was more of a formal banquet than a dance. They ate dinner outside and there was probably background music. But I doubt there was dance music. They also said they had a “program.” I’m hoping a musical program and not a sermon. They get enough of those. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Assuming Stevehovah doesn't step in and forbid it. The formal might have Music (omg no hymns). Dancing (omg couples of the opposite sex touching), and worst of all Fun.

OMG, omg, omg, pearl clutching, fainting, Stevehovah's head exploding. Run for your lives. FUN. 

Seriously though.. I could see Stevehovah and Christopher going to ABC to double-team browbeat/ shame Anna and Mary into not even thinking about the formal, much less going,

ABC doesn't seem to do dancing at their banquets. Anna and Mary already attended the Christmas banquet. image.thumb.png.247eee9df55e776f6b464bbb80e19345.png

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

The genie is out of the bottle and those girls aren’t going back. Nathan’s crew is clad in jeans, as is Joseph’s. Christopher is the only family appearing to conform to Steve’s old standards, and Anna Marie appears completely content with her lifestyle, and maxed out at six kids. I’ll bet Steve would go back and take down a bunch of posts (“Am I Going to College?” by Anna Maxwell would be the first one that comes to mind, followed by the screeds about “the girls” staying home until marriage) if he was more computer literate but Sarah did all that and she doesn’t care to do it anymore. She’s leaving us the archive of crazy. In the past? Elizabeth and the courtship nearly disappeared. As well as such gems as Nathan and Melanie’s wedding. 

• Upvote 19

On 4/23/2022 at 1:25 PM, fundiewatch said:

Elizabeth and the courtship nearly disappeared. As well as such gems as Nathan and Melanie’s wedding. 

Remember Teri's report on Nathan and Melanie's rehearsal dinner?  I still laugh thinking about Steve's convoluted "system" he put in place for the wait staff.  I wish they'd have left that up.

And I really hope they tipped that wait staff well (and not with Million Dollar tracts).

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

Remember Teri's report on Nathan and Melanie's rehearsal dinner?  I still laugh thinking about Steve's convoluted "system" he put in place for the wait staff.  I wish they'd have left that up.

And I really hope they tipped that wait staff well (and not with Million Dollar tracts).

Ooh, what was the system?

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Ooh, what was the system?

Here is Teri's wedding report.  She talks about the rehearsal dinner in it too.  Something about giving the wait staff a diagram, a name and a number that corresponded to each person at the dinner.  Teri complained that they went to a lot of trouble to make up their system, but the wait staff still screwed up.  I have a feeling their "system" was way more complicated than it needed to be.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020603150842/http://titus2.com/wedding/index.html

Edited by kpmom
Forgot to add the report
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9

Thanks for the wedding report! It is striking to me how many random details Teri includes, such as who got a kleenex when, the chapel being open earlier than expected, Melanie eating yogurt in the car, etc.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, kpmom said:

Here is Teri's wedding report.  She talks about the rehearsal dinner in it too.  Something about giving the wait staff a diagram, a name and a number that corresponded to each person at the dinner.  Teri complained that they went to a lot of trouble to make up their system, but the wait staff still screwed up.  I have a feeling their "system" was way more complicated than it needed to be.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020603150842/http://titus2.com/wedding/index.html

I wonder what sort of discussions they had about removing this. I’m not going to dig through the comments, but I remembered people asked about Nathan’s wedding at one point and Terri said they got married before the blog was started or something like that. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, BigSandy said:

Thanks for the wedding report! It is striking to me how many random details Teri includes, such as who got a kleenex when, the chapel being open earlier than expected, Melanie eating yogurt in the car, etc.

It’s a classic and has been much loved and snarked on. My favorite detail will always be the fountain that necessitated no pulp. It’s so bizarrely comprehensive. Always a good reread! 

Nathan and Melanie met at church, and I wonder if they ever stopped attending. In this report the fam is borrowing a bus from church members. N&M absolutely attended the nursing home services, and even led it when the Immediate Family toured, but they could have totally kept the Sunday night services going. I really want someone to come here and tell us everything. Or some things. 

• Upvote 12

@kpmom, thanks for sharing these warm-hearted, treasured memories! 😂 This bone-dry account seems to have sucked every ounce of joy and cheer out of the day, and it made me tense just to read it!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic