IGNORED

Maxwell 52: Retired Vests, Retired Blog, and Retired Maxwells

Coconut Flan

14 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Fundies-- and working-class white people in general-- view government assistance as something shameful. If you take it, you don't admit it. If you do admit it, the people around you will look down on you, even if *they* are on government aid. It's part of the culture more so than a religious thing.

Absolutely. I know some fellow boomers who accepted government aid back in the ‘70s (people nowadays often forget there was a recession back then), but cast a side eye at folks who get such assistance nowadays. When asked why, they say, “But it was different then!”—code for “I don’t want lazy POC taking My Tax Dollars!” 🙄

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10

On 2/19/2022 at 3:11 AM, MamaJunebug said:

Lutheran leaders have explained that “believer’s baptism” is a very recent development in Christianity, but I don’t recall the exact year. Want to say, sometime in the early 19th century. 

Believer's baptism has been around for Centuries, the Anabaptist movement goes right back to the early 16th century.
They were seriously persecuted by the "official" churches, ie Catholic and Protestant. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabaptism

In the German city of Münster a group of radical Anabaptists even took over the rule of the city in 1534/35. Adult baptism (Re-Baptism) became compulsory for all adults (kind of defies the very epitomy of a believer's baptism, but even then Fundies didn't know how to apply logic... ). The wiki article about the Münster rebellion is quite extensive, but be warned, there's plenty of gory details...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Münster_rebellion

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, zimona said:

The wiki article about the Münster rebellion is quite extensive, but be warned, there's plenty of gory details...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Münster_rebellion

Gotta love my ancestors for their inability to keep things in perspective. /sarcasm

Absolutely no shade thrown toward our beloved posters from Germany or Europe!!!!

I probably won't read the wiki as I am eine grosse wuss at gory details.  But I will make 2 observations.

1) Religious persecution of groups within the same religion is what happens when religion mixes with government.

And:

2) I'm actually pretty angry at Steve Maxwell and his spawn and others who continue to pick apart one Christian denomination over another.  Fellas - and girls, young Ms. Abby - if you haven't noticed, moderate, sensible, serving churches are dwindling away. 

Crazy extremists are stealing the title of "Christian" from those of us who are not extremists, but believers of good heart and intent.  They're getting all of us painted with a nasty big broad brush of mis-information that is dangerous and absolutely not accurate across the board.

We no longer have the luxury (?) of squabbling amongst ourselves.  We need to be proclaiming Law  & Gospel and serving people here on earth as that Fella from Nazareth instructed us.  Remember hearing about Him?

The rant is over; go in peace. ;) 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 12

17 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Maxwell gals continue to have weekend co-ed fun. From a classmates public Insta. https://www.instagram.com/p/CaSWLD8uOK-/

image.thumb.png.d9c9d44e1dcef82e72e02decdd1eb628.png

Hang on -- there are six people in that photo -- appears to be three men and three women.  The middle two are a couple (confirmed by the content of the instagram post linked above).  The bottom two are suspected (by us) to be a couple.  So what is the likelihood that the upper two are also a couple?

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 16

4 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Hang on -- there are six people in that photo -- appears to be three men and three women.  The middle two are a couple (confirmed by the content of the instagram post linked above).  The bottom two are suspected (by us) to be a couple.  So what is the likelihood that the upper two are also a couple?

I admit I had exactly the same thought.

No matter if they are dating or not: they look happy, comfortable and relaxed.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 13

Add me to the idle speculation bus with regards to the photo posted above! So happy these ladies are doing more than cleaning ceiling fans and reading the Bible.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11

I know that they believe that God’s time is always perfect, etc etc because Jesus, but I really hope that all three of these young refugees from the Cult of Stehova have realized what a controlling life they led. The reversal girls are surrounded by young godly people who are marriage minded, missions minded, etc, and they would have just aged on the vine. I hope Sarah is truly at peace with her life too. They all deserved so much more than that bubble. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

Gosh, that picture really does show that Mary really is gorgeous. Her face looks more relaxed than it used to as well so that makes her even prettier. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

Gosh, that picture really does show that Mary really is gorgeous. Her face looks more relaxed than it used to as well so that makes her even prettier. 

Like so many other fundies, real genuine smiles on a fundie woman’s face is always much nicer than the forced smiles (like the Rods). 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Do I see Anna wearing jeans?

There is another pic on Instagram, where they balance on a wooden guardrail. Yes, she is wearing jeans (and potential Dating-Guy stands right next to her.)

I really don't care if they are dating those guys or not, or if they like to wear jeans or not- but I like that they are happy. I mean, they hiked on mountains and climbed on ladders in heavy jeans skirts - it must feel freeing to be able to climb on a beam and balance on it without bulky fabric around their legs.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Sam changed his facebook cover photo.  Mary is glowing.  Love is in the air...  

ooh, I see what you mean--Mary and the other 5 are part of his cover photo now!

• Upvote 2

Okay, so I feel that is definitely a side hug between Mary and Sam. Anna and the third guy seem to intentionally have some distance between them, so I'm thinking they are just friends of the couples. Seems intentional in the positioning to avoid contact/side hugging.

• Upvote 4

I just like that they are going out as a boy/girl group. Go have fun and get to know some guys. That’s what you’re supposed to do in your 20s.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just like that they are going out as a boy/girl group. Go have fun and get to know some guys. That’s what you’re supposed to do in your 20s.

We are all so happy for them but wishing Sarah could get in on the action somehow.

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

Just now, Cults-r-us said:

We are all so happy for them but wishing Sarah could get in on the action somehow.

I hope she is though! She’s out of the house too! So maybe she’s having a good time in her own place where Steve’s prying eyes can’t see all the fun she’s having. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope she is though! She’s out of the house too! So maybe she’s having a good time in her own place where Steve’s prying eyes can’t see all the fun she’s having. 

Hope it's more than frosted animal crackers and meat in her bean burritos!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Hope it's more than frosted animal crackers and meat in her bean burritos!

I do too, if that's what she wants.

I'm far more surprised at her moving out than at Anna and Mary going to college (although you could have knocked me over with a feather when I heard that.)

It's hard to make new friends as an adult, I'd imagine it's even harder for Sarah given her lifelong isolation and Maxwellian social skills.  If she is interested in a romantic relationship I hope she meets someone kind.  Between her unusual history and very off-putting parents she's really going to need someone sensitive enough to help her ease into dating.

And if that's not something she wants then I hope she's doing whatever delights her making the most of her new freedom.

I wonder if any of them regretted leaving the mother ship initially?  Such a huge transition I wouldn't be surprised if they each had moments where they missed their old gilded cage.

Oh, and I'm so waiting for the Seriously where Steve talks about empty nest syndrome with barely veiled complaints about being alone with Teri.

• Upvote 23

Can someone link to Sam's fb or show the photo, if permitted?  Thanks!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

Can someone link to Sam's fb or show the photo, if permitted?  Thanks!

This is his new photo for his profile background:

9896BDA0-474A-4C5F-8BA6-4076852FB3DB.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 16

On 2/25/2022 at 5:39 PM, FrumperedCat said:

Okay, so I feel that is definitely a side hug between Mary and Sam. Anna and the third guy seem to intentionally have some distance between them, so I'm thinking they are just friends of the couples. Seems intentional in the positioning to avoid contact/side hugging.

My initial reaction was "well, these are fundies. Anna and Mary could have very different standards as to what they're comfortable with," but the Facebook cover pic does either suggest platonic-ness or extreme concern about heart pieces.

Great to see Anna in jeans though! I thought the Turkey Trot may be an exercise exception.

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic