IGNORED

Maxwell 52: Retired Vests, Retired Blog, and Retired Maxwells

Coconut Flan

4 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Here's one for you.  Abby is taking a course on children's ministries.  Click on replies.  They already brainwashed the kid into criticizing the Catholics.  I wish people who were ignorant about Catholic doctrine would refrain from teaching their kids things that aren't true.  https://www.cefcmi.com/members/mrsmax10gmail-com/forums/  

Yikes.  She's Steve if he kept sweet and had better writing skills.

• Upvote 11

It’s interesting. She says she has been working with the Good News Club just since this past fall, and that she goes to the schools. That’s the group that Anna and Mary also volunteered with, but generally only mentioned going into apartment buildings. 

She writes better than Mary for sure though. 

• Upvote 7

Abby us the oldest in her family and the oldest of all the grandkids. I’m not surprised she’s thoroughly brainwashed. I’m betting they place a lot of expectations on her to be a good role model for everyone. 

• Upvote 17

11 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

What I’m wondering now is, is there a Moody Blues song to go with the Maxwell Maidens’ Exodus?  @thoughtful? Anybody? 

This is peak Maxhell escape. 

• Upvote 2

Don't like picking on kids but Abby comes off as pretty arrogant and self righteous just like her grandparents.

• Upvote 12

I didn't see any direct disses at Catholicism, just at infant baptism. According to this article:

Most Christian denominations accept the doctrine of infant baptism. Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Assyrian Church of the East, Anglicans, Lutherans, Methodists, Church of the Nazarene, Reformed Church in America, Episcopalians, United Church of Christ, Presbyterians, Continental Reformed, and others, baptize infants. Together, these constitute over 80 percent of all those who call themselves Christians.

I grew up Catholic and was Catholic into adulthood. I knew plenty of Catholics, who were just as smug and arrogant as Abby for the same reasons. (Religious, big family, etc.)

Abbie shows signs of a young child forced to grow up too fast. She's clearly been adultified and I'm sure parentified. It's a cruel thing that she is being used to spread propaganda. Her parents and their friends have gotten her into something way over her  head. She could be the next Sarah Mally Hancock....

Or the next Joshua Harris.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I didn't see any direct disses at Catholicism, just at infant baptism. According to this article:

She's Catholic dissing.  "I struggle to understand why people think that actions such as child baptism, first communion, and confirmation can save a person."  Instead of teaching her what's wrong with the Catholic faith, they can start by teaching her that it's wrong to have a God business and spread things that aren't even true.  Her family used God's name to buy houses, cars, and to live a comfortable lifestyle.  Her grandfather screwed up that whole family for $$  

• Upvote 13
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I remember being quite the know it all when I was a teen. Not about religion of course. I was never much into religion even though I went to church all the time. But I was smarter than a lot of my friends so I decided I knew everything 🙄When I went off to college, it helped a lot because I learned so much I had no clue existed. The more I learned, the more I realized I know very little. Plus I was put in my place by others who knew far more than me. I’m afraid Abby won’t get that opportunity. Even if she’s allowed to go to a Bible college, they will just agree with her. And it will probably make her dig her heels in further. It’s too bad. She seems like an intelligent girl. 

• Upvote 19

Anything Abby is posting online is approved, and likely edited, by an adult first. There is no way her parents are giving her free reign on the internet.

I doubt she is allowed to really think and form her own opinions. She is just parroting what her parents and grandparents believe. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

38 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

Anything Abby is posting online is approved, and likely edited, by an adult first. There is no way her parents are giving her free reign on the internet.

I doubt she is allowed to really think and form her own opinions. She is just parroting what her parents and grandparents believe. 

Definitely parroting. That’s what a lot of kids do when they are young. That’s why I try to be very careful as to what I say to my kids. I don’t want them parroting something shitty I said in the heat of the moment. 

• Upvote 3

Aw CRAP!! I’m sick at heart. Really hoped Nate & Mel wouldn’t do something like this. 

Will read everything  later - after a highlight annual Valentine’s lunch with drinking & dining buddies. 

Meanwhile, I begin my prayers to Free Abbie! 

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
fixed multiple duplicates within post
  • Upvote 6

10 hours ago, theologygeek said:

She's Catholic dissing.  "I struggle to understand why people think that actions such as child baptism, first communion, and confirmation can save a person."  Instead of teaching her what's wrong with the Catholic faith, they can start by teaching her that it's wrong to have a God business and spread things that aren't even true.  Her family used God's name to buy houses, cars, and to live a comfortable lifestyle.  Her grandfather screwed up that whole family for $$  

Where did you see that? I keep looking for it and I haven't found that phrase. 

I checked it again and it's not there. What she actually says is bad enough, we don't have to make it worse.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Downvote 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Aw CRAP!! I’m sick at heart. Really hoped Nate & Mel wouldn’t do something like this. 

Will read everything  later - after a highlight annual Valentine’s lunch with drinking & dining buddies. 

MJB, you sure you didn't start drinking a little early? 😄

Not that I'm judging, believe me! :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

• Downvote 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I checked it again and it's not there. What she actually says is bad enough, we don't have to make it worse.

I struggle to understand why people think that actions such as child baptism, first communion, and confirmation can save a person. The Bible is so clear on this issue.

It's a quote from the page if you hit replies.  A couple down from the top.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

She's a kid and of course she's still steeped in Kool-Aid, but I'm really struck by how natural and warm her responses are, despite how I feel about the content.

Teri, Steve, and Sarah would respond to comments in such a terse and cringey way it was if they had no idea how humans speak to one another.  Abby has the ability to connect with others in written conversation in a warm manner that I've never seen from a Maxwell gen 1 or 2.  I'm glad for her she got her mom's talent in this area.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It's a quote from the page if you hit replies.  A couple down from the top.

Thank You! My apologies to @theologygeek.

I couldn't find it before, because it's not visible on the post itself. You can only see it if you click the replies. I wonder if people at her church were embarrassed at her trying to start a fight with Catholics.

31 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

She's a kid and of course she's still steeped in Kool-Aid, but I'm really struck by how natural and warm her responses are, despite how I feel about the content.

Teri, Steve, and Sarah would respond to comments in such a terse and cringey way it was if they had no idea how humans speak to one another.  Abby has the ability to connect with others in written conversation in a warm manner that I've never seen from a Maxwell gen 1 or 2.  I'm glad for her she got her mom's talent in this area.

Abby's ability to connect with others may make her more effective at spreading her beliefs. I hope she gets out of the cult. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I said in my post to click on replies.  It's there, hence the reason I put it in quotes.  

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I'm currently watching the Super Bowl halftime show.  Steve certainly would not approve.  

I wonder if Mary and Anna are watching. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the girls in the dorms are watching. They could go watch with them. 

• Upvote 4

On 2/13/2022 at 4:36 AM, theologygeek said:

Emphasis mine

Interesting that she says “child baptism.”  Some of the Maxgrands are baptized, and they’re obviously still children(albeit old enough to make the decision, at least in their eyes).

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
fixed formatting
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Emphasis mine

Interesting that she says “child baptism.”  Some of the Maxgrands are baptized, and they’re obviously still children(albeit old enough to make the decision, at least in their eyes).

I grew up baptist and many were baptized as children. Usually between the ages of 8-17. I was 10 I think. 

• Upvote 1

Usually when people are deriding child baptisms, they really mean baby baptisms.  Minors can be baptized, but they have to be old enough to truly accept J.C. died for their personal sins.    (ETA: as an atheist, I'm not taking a side on this.  Just explaining that even those that criticize baby baptisms are okay with children being baptized).

Catholicism is not the only religion that baptizes infants, but the criticism is typically aimed at Catholics by fundamentalist and evangelical Christians.

Edited by MomJeans
poor wording
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, MomJeans said:

Usually when people are deriding child baptisms, they really mean baby baptisms.  Minors can be baptized, but they have to be old enough to truly accept J.C. died for their personal sins.    (ETA: as an atheist, I'm not taking a side on this.  Just explaining that even those that criticize baby baptisms are okay with children being baptized).

Catholicism is not the only religion that baptizes infants, but the criticism is typically aimed at Catholics by fundamentalist and evangelical Christians.

I don’t disagree.

Still slightly confused though by her saying this considering that her siblings were being baptised at age 5 and not much older! I’m sure the response would be the child accepted Jesus can chose this. We all know a child that young will parrot what they’ve been told and their beliefs are from their environment, not actually their own thinking. 

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
fixed formatting
  • Upvote 12

Re: Abby and evangelization… and clearly I do think too much about the Maxwells, for at least a decade now. 

Nathan and Christopher were the brainchild’s behind a lot of what the Maxwells did. Nathan started their fair outreach with handing out sodas and waters. Later Anna largely gets all the credit for the balloon era of fair evangelization but Christopher led sessions on using balloons to evangelize children back when he was riding Uriah at 31, waiting for a godly young wife. (Lolly was all Anna. And the face paint is all Mary, the creative.) Nathan and Mel are interesting in that they were hugely involved in the nursing home ministry. They led “church” when Uriah was on the road, they were always present, the kids too. But they were clearly also attending an evening church for some time— that shit did not make blog until The Great Changes of this year. 

Small aside— Mary and Anna have been given an extraordinary amount of praise on the blog for their Operation Shoebox (is that the name?) efforts, which, aside from how problematic Samaritan‘s Purse is, are really pretty shitty example’s of Christ’s love. They buy cheap, mass produced shit on deep clearance after the holidays. Sorry, poor kids, you can’t tell that these pencils are out of season and don’t sharpen. Dollar store stuffies are good enough for you. Whereas the blog a long long time ago talked about doing shoeboxes when the reversals were small. IIRC (and I’m glad that I have some gaps in knowledge, I could totally close out the Maxwell Jeopardy category and that’s embarrassing), each reversal made a box for a like-aged/gendered child and Mary chose and hugged a doll, knowing it would go to a particular child. Juxtapose that with the Mary (and Anna, and the ABC girls) cruising back to school clearance sales for plastic water bottles and slap bracelets. I think they’re missing the point. 

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic