IGNORED

Maxwell 52: Retired Vests, Retired Blog, and Retired Maxwells

Coconut Flan

On 2/25/2022 at 4:50 PM, Tatar-tot said:

Mary reminds Kate Middleton in that picture.

Sheʻs happy. That makes a huge difference. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I want to know what came first - Sarah's decision to leave the house or the girls' decision to go to college. Based on the fact that the girls started classes online during the lockdown, I assume they were the first to discuss leaving the house to finish their degrees in-person.

And that makes me so sad for Sarah that she faced the prospect of living alone with her aging parents. And we know the way they live - no joy, no hobbies, no unnecessary outings. Just endless to-do lists, bland food and bible studies every evening. The idea of living like that in my 40s sends a shudder down my spine. Mary and Anna were a breath of fresh air in that house - they always seemed to have creative projects and fun stuff going on with the kids despite their limited freedoms.

The Maxwell house without them would be unbearable IMO. That's why I'm so, so proud of Sarah for making the courageous decision to leave. I'm sure it was very difficult and may have felt like betraying her parents, the people she spent every single day with for the past 40 years. So go Sarah, I hope you find peace and joy in your own setting now.

(And I'm sure it was hard for Teri and Steve but I have zero pity for them. They can wallow in misery in Maxhell for the rest of their lives and it would be deserved.)

• Upvote 33
  • I Agree 4

@usedbicycle, I agree. Also, from Teri’s last post, I got the strong impression that the pastor of their new church miraculously had a certain amount of influence on Stevehovah in encouraging him to loosen the reins on his daughters.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

For what it's worth, both Melanie and Nathan seem to be Facebook friends with Samual Hock and have "liked" his pictures.  I know it isn't definite confirmation that Sam and Mary are an item, but it is sort of weird to have your out of state older brother and sister in law be Facebook friends with just a general friend from school unless there is a closer relationship.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 20

6 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

For what it's worth, both Melanie and Nathan seem to be Facebook friends with Samual Hock and have "liked" his pictures.  I know it isn't definite confirmation that Sam and Mary are an item, but it is sort of weird to have your out of state older brother and sister in law be Facebook friends with just a general friend from school unless there is a closer relationship.  

If Mary and Samuel get married the nieces and nephews can call him Uncle Sam.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 18

I wonder if Mary and Anna Dressed up for this day. They could have put on an old homemade frumper and pretended like they were dressing for the early 90s when we know they wore them until 2011. 

4096345A-8DE8-42E8-8D10-6D0D28C68C67.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

On 2/23/2022 at 7:17 AM, church_of_dog said:

Hang on -- there are six people in that photo -- appears to be three men and three women.  The middle two are a couple (confirmed by the content of the instagram post linked above).  The bottom two are suspected (by us) to be a couple.  So what is the likelihood that the upper two are also a couple?

They are definitely getting to know each other in a normal setting, having f*n. And in the final photo the young man is hanging back with Anna while she balances on that guard rail (She's getting to be silly! Who'd have guessed it could happen?)

6 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I wonder if Sam came to L'worth with Mary and Anna for the holidays and met the whole extended family. Even if it's "just a friendship" I can see him being invited to the Maxwell compound since traveling to and from Uraguay might not have been feasible.

• Upvote 10

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if Mary and Anna Dressed up for this day. They could have put on an old homemade frumper and pretended like they were dressing for the early 90s when we know they wore them until 2011.

If they brought frumpers with them it probably would have been with the intent of throwing them onto a bonfire.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

I wonder what the Maxwell house is like right now, it's probably just Steve and Teri all day, right? It's not like they have grandkids over all the time and half of their grown children don't even live in the same town anymore. Do they still follow their 15-minute schedules and just putter around each other? I'd say I'd like to be a fly on the wall to see what it's like but I could probably only handle one of those 15-minute windows before going crazy with boredom.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 15

16 minutes ago, Cat Damon said:

I wonder what the Maxwell house is like right now, it's probably just Steve and Teri all day, right? It's not like they have grandkids over all the time and half of their grown children don't even live in the same town anymore. Do they still follow their 15-minute schedules and just putter around each other? I'd say I'd like to be a fly on the wall to see what it's like but I could probably only handle one of those 15-minute windows before going crazy with boredom.

I bet Arnold is like, “you people are boring as fuck. And that’s something coming from a guy who sleeps 20 hours a day.”

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 26

This has nothing to do with the Maxwell gals, but I just came across this picture on the ABC Facebook page.

Spoiler

EF5F8C98-766B-43CB-9CA0-B89E8008359A.jpeg

And I'm clearly not thinking biblically, because that object at the bottom of the pic makes my mind go to a completely different place...

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 33

59 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

This has nothing to do with the Maxwell gals, but I just came across this picture on the ABC Facebook page.

Hide contents

EF5F8C98-766B-43CB-9CA0-B89E8008359A.jpeg

And I'm clearly not thinking biblically, because that object at the bottom of the pic makes my mind go to a completely different place...

Then it should be captioned “Think Phallically.” 

• Haha 21

4 hours ago, Cat Damon said:

They’d have a lot of cleaning(ceiling fans come to mind) , yard work,  burrito and applesauce making to do now that their daughters slaves have moved away.

• Upvote 6

It's fun for me to imagine Steve and Terri having Taco Bell take out and watching soap operas with all the drapes drawn every afternoon.  

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 19

I actually imagine Teri is finally happy. She never wanted to be a mom to a bunch of kids and especially not a homeschool mom. Her motherhood dragged on for her as her grown daughters were kept as children. I think Teri appreciates peace and quiet. I imagine she is finally getting it and is truly happy. 

She does still have 3 families of grandkids in her neighborhood and a mother down the street. She is also an active member of a church and enjoys going for long walks. I'm sure she easily fills her mornings with walks, grandkids, Gigi, and church events. She then probably spends the afternoon enjoying the peace. 

We have seen pictures of Anna and Mary looking happy and relaxed for the first time; however, I would imagine if we saw a picture of Teri she would look happy too. 

• Upvote 26

Appalachian Bible College spring break begins tomorrow. Wonder if the college gals are going home to Kansas for the week? Wonder if a special friend from Montevideo is going with them?

• Upvote 10

On 3/4/2022 at 3:07 PM, HereticHick said:

Appalachian Bible College spring break begins tomorrow. Wonder if the college gals are going home to Kansas for the week? Wonder if a special friend from Montevideo is going with them?

IDK. If you go to ABC's FB page and look at the most recent post, the choir is going on tour over break. And is that Mary's friend Samuel wide-stancing over on the far right?

• Upvote 2

I know it's not likely AT ALL but a little thought creeps in that things were going so awry in Chez Maxhell that the the young women had to get out of there.  Or at least realized that they had to skedaddle.  

Or maybe there was a palace coup? 

I think this summer will be the tell. If they don't return to roost over the summer...or if they stay at Sarah's house. 

Is there any possibility that one of the young mens laid down the law to Stevehovah?

It just makes me ill that Sarah spent 40 YEARS under that roof. 

FORTY *********  YEARS. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 9

20 hours ago, Bethy said:

IDK. If you go to ABC's FB page and look at the most recent post, the choir is going on tour over break. And is that Mary's friend Samuel wide-stancing over on the far right?

Editing this to say maybe it is Sam  At first I didn’t thinks so but upon closer inspection, maybe  

Whoever it is, that is quite the wide stance!

Edited by kpmom
  • Upvote 1

We all talk about how Mary has blossomed & all  - - but the most striking thing about that cover photo to me is Anna. Her smile takes up her entire face. It doesn't just reach her eyes, it encompasses the entire face. Her eyes are so scrunched up with pure, true grinning you can hardly see them. 

I wonder if they notice the differences in themselves? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

No, I don't think it's Sam as the hairstyle looks straight not curly; but that sure is a manly stance.

I would love it for Sam to be going to the Maxwells over the holiday break- and would love to be a fly on that wall!

I can imagine the smiles, laughter and good feelings just draining out of Anna  and Mary as soon as they set foot in the Maxwell house. All a bit deflating after their school experience. Sam might just liven things up for them- he looks as if he might have a strong character and presence- Steve might be quite discomfited and Teri might get in a tizzy.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

37 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Sam might just liven things up for them- he looks as if he might have a strong character and presence- Steve might be quite discomfited and Teri might get in a tizzy.

I was thinking the same thing.  Looking at the picture he put up on FB of himself on a beach in bathing trunks and a tank top, I tried to imagine any Maxwell male putting a picture like that up and couldn't.

I'm just hoping Mary's parents don't see him as too worldly and discourage any friendship.  Hopefully it's too late for that.

• Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

On 3/3/2022 at 12:04 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet Arnold is like, “you people are boring as fuck. And that’s something coming from a guy who sleeps 20 hours a day.”

I dunno. Maybe they slotted 15 minutes in the middle of the day to have sex on the kitchen table or some such.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 11

As eager as I am to hear their news, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they never updated their blog again. What is happening now goes against the past 20 years of their teachings and makes them look like hypocrites. (I mean, more so than before.) Maybe in 10 or so years a FJ local to them will see Steve’s obit in a local paper and we will notice that he is survived by Mary Maxwell NewLastName and Anna Maxwell NewLastName, but that may be the only hint we have of them. Unless the Bontragers go to one of the girls weddings and post a picture.

Sometimes life takes you in a different direction than you expect, and you need to adjust your outlook and expectations accordingly. That is really hard. Steve and especially Teri have never had great emotional intelligence or strength, and I can honestly see how letting his daughters go off in a new way may have broken Steve’s brain a bit. I’m currently adjusting to some huge health revelations and I definitely feel broken and have for months. Only Steve has no therapist or close friends to process it with, he only has Teri who is as stunted as a tree in a terrarium. So it will take him a long, long time, if he ever does, to accept the changes. If that makes any sense.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 14

The bible college poster girls are in a youtube video.  Maybe boyfriend is in it too for a second.  

• Thank You 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic