IGNORED

Maxwell 52: Retired Vests, Retired Blog, and Retired Maxwells

Coconut Flan

On 1/29/2022 at 5:45 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Unfortunately I think both John and Christopher are limited by their wives' fundamentalism. Both Anna Marie and Chelsy seem like the type to stay fundie. 

I didn’t really think of Jesse as he doesn’t have any kids, AND maybe they won’t by choice- get the vapors.

30 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I didn’t really think of Jesse as he doesn’t have any kids, AND maybe they won’t by choice- get the vapors.

It’s so hard to know with the Max boys. Remember Nathan and Mel didn’t have a baby until 4 years into their marriage. And now they have 6 living children. I hope they are using some sort of NFP. But it’s also possible they just haven’t conceived yet. I think they will eventually have a kid. I just hope they don’t have a bunch.

• Upvote 8

I think we might be surprised by the number of the second generation of quiverful who really aren't and use various methods of contraception without thinking they need to tell anyone.   The Maxwells have done surprisingly well in having several large second generation families. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Maybe they were guilt-tripped by Steve sharing his vasectomy/reversal story. 

• Haha 3

I must be the most obstinate person on the face of the Earth because I could be threatened with eternal damnation and I still would not relent to a life of no BC use, continual pregnancies and a mere existence  relegated to having kid, after kid, for 30 years. I’m telling you, having to successfully raise 20+ Healthy, happy, contributing members of society?  To me that would be hell on Earth because after about 5 or 6, the joy, wonder and awe inspiring moments would be muted and gone. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

This doesn’t surprise me. Out of a lot of the FJ fundies we follow, I would expect the Maxwells to get good grades in college. The Bateses? No. The Duggars? No. But the Maxwells probably got a decent education for homeschool fundies. 

4AEB9822-CCCC-4AA8-80F2-E4977E14C798.jpeg

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 20

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Apparently Anna brought her plaid shirts with her to college.

I love that it seems to be her personal style--thumbing her nose at the standard notion of what constitutes appropriate fundie-feminine apparel, as it were. Her hair is shorter than just about every other woman in that picture, too. God loves tomboys, too, you know. She made a lot of us.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 16
  • Love 3

I love that pic of Anna!  Shorter hair, genuine smile. I hope she is as happy as she appears to be and isn’t just functioning as a chaperone to Mary. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

16 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Which one is the potential beau? They all look alike to me.

Is he the 2nd row, far right?  I know he has a beard. 

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

No he’s right in the middle with a red shirt on.

I thought there was only one guy in ABC with a dark beard. But I’ve never seen that guy in the far right before. 

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Which one is the potential beau? They all look alike to me.

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

Middle of the second row. Black suit with a red shirt. I had to count as I don’t recognise him either. (He is 11) 

1 minute ago, Mrs Ms said:

Middle of the second row. Black suit with a red shirt. I had to count as I don’t recognise him either. (He is 11) 

Ah thank you he is much cuter than some of the others (I’m old I can say that lol)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This doesn’t surprise me. Out of a lot of the FJ fundies we follow, I would expect the Maxwells to get good grades in college. The Bateses? No. The Duggars? No. But the Maxwells probably got a decent education for homeschool fundies. 

Agree.  The Maxwells did prioritize an education, but one still missing significant parts of history, social studies, and science.  Yet, it was likely substantially better than the Duggars/Bates' educations.  I do think the Maxwells likely did push regular schooling. thanks to their schedules.  I suspect there are Duggar kids that went months without anything but a wisdom booklet. 

I will, however, never forget Terri's homeschooling post about using white-out to remove the names of Egyptian gods from their Rod & Staff curriculum, or how they didn't want any reading texts about sports. I hope the daughters have all subscribed to Kindle Unlimited.

• Upvote 22
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

19 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

I will, however, never forget Terri's homeschooling post about using white-out to remove the names of Egyptian gods from their Rod & Staff curriculum, or how they didn't want any reading texts about sports. I hope the daughters have all subscribed to Kindle Unlimited.

Wow I didn’t know she did that. Did she give a reason about why they did that with Egyptian G-D’s. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Wow I didn’t know she did that. Did she give a reason about why they did that with Egyptian G-D’s. 

Probably cuz Egyptian God's aren't Christ.  And they also whited out Row Row Your Boat lyrics in their music books.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1

5 hours ago, Jana814 said:

She said it was okay for the kids to learn that the Egyptians believed in gods, but not okay for them to learn the gods' names.  

I suspect that she believes that introducing any information about non-Christian theology could help Satan hook her children, or whatever.  It really says how much the Maxwells censored if Rod and Staff needed modification!

I could swear she also didn't allow books with talking animals (which was a thing in my family as well), but her posts last year show her reading books to the grandkids with talking animals, so apparently, she has loosened slightly.

• Upvote 12
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

She said it was okay for the kids to learn that the Egyptians believed in gods, but not okay for them to learn the gods' names.  

I suspect that she believes that introducing any information about non-Christian theology could help Satan hook her children, or whatever.  It really says how much the Maxwells censored if Rod and Staff needed modification!

I could swear she also didn't allow books with talking animals (which was a thing in my family as well), but her posts last year show her reading books to the grandkids with talking animals, so apparently, she has loosened slightly.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Teri loosened up quite a bit when it comes to her grandkids. Isn’t that the norm? Grandparents are usually less strict with their grandkids compared to how they were with their kids. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if she loosened up on quite a few things with her grandkids. 

• Upvote 2

Yes, when I think of warm, cozy grandmas, sneaking their grandchildren candy behind their parents' backs, it's totally Terri that comes to mind!

😆

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Teri loosened up quite a bit when it comes to her grandkids. Isn’t that the norm? Grandparents are usually less strict with their grandkids compared to how they were with their kids. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if she loosened up on quite a few things with her grandkids. 

It may be the norm when it comes to trivial stuff, but if someone felt some things would open kids up to Satan they'd still hardline it on their grandkids as for them it's a matter of well being.

My mom was a super fun and relaxes grandma, but she'd never have let them play with a Oijia board because to her that was dangerous.  

If Teri is more relaxed maybe she's figured out anthropomorphic animals in kids books doesn't lead to following the Prince of Darkness into ushering in the 4 horseman.  Or Steve did and she never gave a shit to begin with so whatever he wants.

• Upvote 3

Maybe the younger girls had a better education, but Sarah, the family writer and author of children’s books, was a terrible writer. Now maybe language arts was not Sarah’s forte, but her writing reflected an education of about a 3rd grade level. I could see Steve deciding that each child would be given a task that would improve a skill that he felt needing strengthening, and in Sarah’s case, this was writing.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, MomJeans said:

Wow!  I'm assuming she didn't take whiteout to the Old Testament mentions of Baal or skip the specific accounts of the worship rituals done in his name. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic