IGNORED

Jana Duggar 14: Child Endangerment Charges and Howlers Supporting Her Via Meme

HerNameIsBuffy

Thinking about this situation a lot. If Jana had been awake when LE knocked on the door, the missing child would have had to have been the 4 YO, right? If you’re awake, how would you not notice a missing 21 month old? A toddler that age is just out of babyhood and quite needy. If Jana was awake how could a child of that age have wandered all that distance without anyone noticing their absence? If Jana was asleep, yes, I could see that happening, but that still would indicate that the toddler had been missing for a good, long time. Again, she is very lucky that as far as we know, nothing serious happened to that child.

• Upvote 11

I'm leaning to thinking it wasn't an M kid.  The toddler M kids have older Ms.  So for an M to get that far away, not only would Jana have to not notice a missing M, but so would big Ms.

Jessa's kids spend time at the TTH, JD's toddler spends time there.  There's a good chance Joe and Josiah's kids also go there. While Spurge and Henry probably are old enough to notice a missing sibling, they might not.  Joe's oldest is still too little too notice (and in wandering age himself) as are Bella and Grace.  Joe also lives on site as far as we know.

I think that an M kid is the least likely to be the wandering one, for all we assume they spend the most time there because Mac is old enough to watch them.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, imokit said:

I'm leaning to thinking it wasn't an M kid.  The toddler M kids have older Ms.  So for an M to get that far away, not only would Jana have to not notice a missing M, but so would big Ms.

Jessa's kids spend time at the TTH, JD's toddler spends time there.  There's a good chance Joe and Josiah's kids also go there. While Spurge and Henry probably are old enough to notice a missing sibling, they might not.  Joe's oldest is still too little too notice (and in wandering age himself) as are Bella and Grace.  Joe also lives on site as far as we know.

I think that an M kid is the least likely to be the wandering one, for all we assume they spend the most time there because Mac is old enough to watch them.

But none of those families (Jessa’s maybe) have children old enough to leave alone (for Jana to sleep) or have a large enough number for 1 to be missing and travel that distance from the TTH, without it being noticeable. Would you leave 5 YO, at the time, Spurgeon in charge of a 4, 2 and NB? We wouldn’t but Jana might. If it was Joe’s kids, there aren’t enough of them for one of them to be missing and Jana not notice, and she surely wouldn’t nap and leave a 3 YO, 21 MO and 7 MO alone and awake right? 
I want to think that Jana has more common sense, but she’s a Duggar, and her own parenting role models were crappy, so….

• Upvote 2

It could be any little kid associated with the TTH, but the odds favor a toddler or preschool M kid simply because 1) they live on the property and 2) unlike Joe's kids, their mother wasn't distracted by her off-site derelict husband. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

It could be any little kid associated with the TTH, but the odds favor a toddler or preschool M kid simply because 1) they live on the property and 2) unlike Joe's kids, their mother wasn't distracted by her off-site derelict husband. 

Location aside, I do think Joe and Kendra are far closer to the Caldwells, and if Kendra need babysitting, she’d be far more likely to utilize either her parents or her sister, Lauren. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But none of those families (Jessa’s maybe) have children old enough to leave alone (for Jana to sleep) or have a large enough number for 1 to be missing and travel that distance from the TTH, without it being noticeable. Would you leave 5 YO, at the time, Spurgeon in charge of a 4, 2 and NB? We wouldn’t but Jana might. If it was Joe’s kids, there aren’t enough of them for one of them to be missing and Jana not notice, and she surely wouldn’t nap and leave a 3 YO, 21 MO and 7 MO alone and awake right? 
I want to think that Jana has more common sense, but she’s a Duggar, and her own parenting role models were crappy, so….

Or a toddler fell asleep on a living room sofa/the playroom and had an unplanned nap in a random place. The toddler was then left sleeping (unsupervised) and Jana got distracted by something else.  Toddler woke early then went wondering.

We don't know that Jana was asleep when this happened. 

At this point its all complete speculation, all we know is a child of some age (assumed to be little and thus not Josie) wandered off when Jana was babysitting.  We don't know time of day or age of child or how long they were gone for, or if people had noticed and were looking when the kid was returned to them.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, imokit said:

So for an M to get that far away, not only would Jana have to not notice a missing M, but so would big Ms.

I can easily see Mackynie and Michael getting involved in a game and paying no attention to their toddler sibling. Or Meredith having a tantrum and the older Ms attending to that, without noticing a toddler slipping out. After all, Jana was supposed to be in charge.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 3

What gets me about the line "it could happen to anyone"- of course it could, but it happened to Jana. Jana who has had almost surrogate motherhood thrust upon her again and again by her parents and now her siblings. Jana has never had a real choice to "babysit". It is an expectation. And at this point  if she is still truly towing the family line it is a slap in the face to someone whose entire life has been preparing to be a mother and helpmeet-and yet whose chances of fulfilling these roles is becoming vanishingly small.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

i still find it very ironic that it is the baby sitter that got thrown under the bus and not hte parents of these children that abuse the designated maiden of the family. 

And i truly hope that from now on Jana will look at Jabby, Joken, and the binsters and say NO thank you. Babysit your own children, and or if you want Date night, go hire someone and pay for it. 

I am coming around to believe that Jana was thrown under the bus to take the heat of the child abuser who just got found guilty.\

And this is not to take away heat from Jana for what ever she fucked up. She obviously did. However she is also the only female adult human in that house that has no children. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

What gets me about the line "it could happen to anyone"- of course it could, but it happened to Jana. Jana who has had almost surrogate motherhood thrust upon her again and again by her parents and now her siblings. Jana has never had a real choice to "babysit". It is an expectation. And at this point  if she is still truly towing the family line it is a slap in the face to someone whose entire life has been preparing to be a mother and helpmeet-and yet whose chances of fulfilling these roles is becoming vanishingly small.

What is a slap in the face?  That she got cited?

3 minutes ago, Sabine said:

i still find it very ironic that it is the baby sitter that got thrown under the bus and not hte parents of these children that abuse the designated maiden of the family. 

And i truly hope that from now on Jana will look at Jabby, Joken, and the binsters and say NO thank you. Babysit your own children, and or if you want Date night, go hire someone and pay for it. 

I am coming around to believe that Jana was thrown under the bus to take the heat of the child abuser who just got found guilty.\

And this is not to take away heat from Jana for what ever she fucked up. She obviously did. However she is also the only female adult human in that house that has no children. 

How is it throwing her under a bus to write her a citation if she was the adult responsible for the child.  Do you think the police take the Duggar backstory into account and deliberately chose to cite her because it's Jana and wouldn't have written a citation if another adults had been in charge?

And her family isn't throwing her under the bus, those responses have all been supportive.  You know they can't legally go to court and mea culpa and say they should be charged instead because they've let this 31 year old woman baby sit too often and so it's not her fault the kid got out.

• Upvote 13

8 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Jana is a 32 YO grown woman. To date, she has made the decision to remain single. She could also make other decisions by getting a job, moving out, telling her sibling that she is unable to babysit because she is tired. Which ever family left their kids with Jana could have found another caregiver. Jana has a voice. She needs to start using it. She didn’t in this instance, and she evidently lost a child in her care. It’s on her. 

• Upvote 33
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Thinking about this situation a lot. If Jana had been awake when LE knocked on the door, the missing child would have had to have been the 4 YO, right? If you’re awake, how would you not notice a missing 21 month old? A toddler that age is just out of babyhood and quite needy. If Jana was awake how could a child of that age have wandered all that distance without anyone noticing their absence? If Jana was asleep, yes, I could see that happening, but that still would indicate that the toddler had been missing for a good, long time. Again, she is very lucky that as far as we know, nothing serious happened to that child.

Or she thought the toddler was napping. Lots of little kids do their explorations when people assume they are asleep. 

• Upvote 7

I think what makes the Jana situation particularly hard to understand is most of us are trying to make sense of it according to our experiences. Most of us have never lived in what many would describe as a daycare. Most of the kids we have cared for are probably our own children, so we would know and would have established their routines. We decide where and when they sleep, eat, play. I think it was very different in the Duggar house, especially where other kids are concerned. Jana would not be the authority figure for these kids. She would not have been the person who established their schedules or routines. I imagine the visiting GKs probably just sleep where ever they drop in the TTH. I think this would make Caring for and keeping track of  the kids much harder.

• Upvote 9

I'd have sympathy for Jana is she was a 17 year old forced to babysit for her siblings or siblings' kids.  I was that 17 year old once upon a time, and I can tell you I'm still not happy about missing out on things at that age because my situation at home. 

Jana's nearly old enough to be a grandmother in Loretta Lynn years (Google for proof!). If you are going to do a job, do it well (especially where tots are involved). If you don't want to do a job, tell your employer to take it and shove it. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How is it throwing her under a bus to write her a citation if she was the adult responsible for the child.  Do you think the police take the Duggar backstory into account and deliberately chose to cite her because it's Jana and wouldn't have written a citation if another adults had been in charge?

And her family isn't throwing her under the bus, those responses have all been supportive.  You know they can't legally go to court and mea culpa and say they should be charged instead because they've let this 31 year old woman baby sit too often and so it's not her fault the kid got out.

Her father, her family has no say in anything. As i am saying, i don't give her an excuse for failing to properly supervise a child or children, but then the only reason she is supervising these children is because their parents and her own mother don't supervise their children. And that is something that i find funny and interesting. Again, i point out that she is the only female human adult in that house that does not have children. So yeah, i have a little pity for her. And the ones that should shoulder some responsibilities are the ones that loaded the children on her. After all, neither Jabby, Binster, Joken, JB+ Of'jb and the others are known to work outside of the home, and thus should be able to keep an eye on their own children. 

I do hope that this was a wake up call for Jana and that she realises that she needs to get the fuck out of that house very quickly, husband or not. She can move into her Tattoo shop, turn it into a wee business and start living her own life. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2021 at 4:15 PM, AuntCloud said:

@GiggleOfGirls your house sounds like one-of-a-kind. As a house plan geek, do you mind sharing your floor layout (or just describe it?)

It’s very one-of-a-kind! 

Putting the description in a spoiler because I’m guessing this is quite off-topic by this point 😂 and this got long.

Spoiler

Okay, I’ll do a description because I think that’ll be easier (it’s complicated to draw — I tried to make a Sims 4 house that looked like it but… well…)

When you drive up to the house on the driveway, it looks like a very normal-sized (even on the small side) house. The real estate exterior photos made me completely dismiss the house initially.

So, the front of the house doesn’t really have any windows — looking at the front you see the garage on the right with the front door to the left. When you walk inside it looks pretty normal. There’s an entryway leading to an open area with the kitchen/dining room to your right and the living room straight in front of you. Main floor bathroom #1 (the only half bathroom) is next to the kitchen (the kitchen leads out to the garage). 

But if you go through a door to your left upon entering, you’ll be in a carpeted closet (normal non-walk-in closet) that’s attached to a bathroom without any door between the two (clearly there used to be a mirrored sliding door there because we still have it and there are tracks on the ceiling for it still). 

if you go through the second bathroom door on the opposite side from the entryway, you are suddenly in what used to be a bedroom when the house was built, but the most recent owners before us decided to turn it into a closet. So they made a door from the entryway into the aforementioned bathroom as well as into the master bathroom (on the other side of the bedroom-turned-closet) and then got rid of the door leading from the living room area into the former bedroom (whew!). 

If you continue on through the door on the opposite side of the new, ginormous closet room, you’re immediately inside the master bathroom (which has the smaller, original, closet at one end and a door to the master bedroom as well). The master bedroom does have a door back to the main living area of the house. 

This layout was SO confusing the first time we walked through the house. 

But we have window seats in both the dining room and the master bedroom (yay!) so we overlooked some irregularities… 

Okay, so three bathrooms, one bedroom, and two closets on the main (actually the third) floor along with the first garage, the first kitchen, and the main living room.

Upstairs (and this is probably the most normal floor) there’s a loft living space (where we watch TV as a family) between a single bedroom on one side and two bedrooms plus a full bathroom on the other side. 

The upstairs bedrooms are HUGE (250-330 square feet). I’ve lived in an entire house that was smaller than a couple of these bedrooms. The three youngest children live up there. And most of them remember living in much smaller places so it’s a bit of a change. 

Okay, back downstairs to the main (3rd) floor. 

There’s a staircase going down to the second garage, which is at the end of the second driveway (the house is built on a steep hill, basically, and it slopes gradually in front), which attaches to a pretty normal-looking apartment on that level with one bedroom, one full bath, a deck, a kitchen, dining room, and living room. 

But! If you continue down the stairs (just a few stairs more) instead of going into the garage, you’ll come to a huge unheated room with an unfinished swimming pool underneath the floor.

This room also connects to the apartment and someday I want to do something cool with the pool area like turn it into a root cellar or grow mushrooms down there or something. If there is ever an Underground Railroad again, we will most definitely be able to be part of it. A lot of people can fit in a deep end.

Okay, so apartment level is slightly (five steps or so) higher than the pool level and if you go downstairs from the pool level (first basement) you get to the first floor (second basement). Straight through the door at the bottom of the stairs takes you into an unheated workshop space attached to a third garage (did I mention that this is a ridiculous house before? Because yeah…) and and there’s a very scary all-concrete room down there in the bowels of the house that we could probably survive some pretty dire environmental disasters by hiding in.

If you turn right after going down the stairs, instead of going straight into the workshop, you come into a windowless living room that is attached to two bedrooms, a 3/4 bathroom, has a door to the garage, and has a door to the bottom of the hill/backyard. 

And that’s it!

It’s kind of weird, but there’s a ton of potential and there’s space for everyone to get away from sensory badness and to have time alone (lots of neurodivergence in our family), there’s space for everyone to pursue their interests, and I love how incredibly quirky it is!

It is also a gigantic fixer-upper, but we knew that when we bought it.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 5

When did Josiah and Lauren start going social media dark? Maybe if it is was their child who was involved they were upset enough to distance from the family as a result?  (WOACB, if you are reading here - and we know you are - this is just a wild guess with no proof to back it up and not folly for your channel.)

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I mean it is a slap in the face that she is expected to take on this sister mum role-which I am sure some Quiverful would argue is good prep for a girl/woman to marry and become a mother/helpmeet/baby factory-when Jana, as far as we know, has very little prospect of actually achieving that. For Quiverful, that is woman's sole purpose, isnt it?

I think we over estimate how much agency and choice Jana has. She is fully conditioned to believe she needs the protection of a headship. Moving out and going it alone has possibly never even occurred to her and she would probably be shunned.

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

When did Josiah and Lauren start going social media dark? Maybe if it is was their child who was involved they were upset enough to distance from the family as a result?  (WOACB, if you are reading here - and we know you are - this is just a wild guess with no proof to back it up and not folly for your channel.)

I don't think anyone knows why, but I assumed it was because they have a little girl and were beyond freaked out about Josh's crimes. I wouldn't want pictures of my children open on the internet for the world to see and hardly anyone is looking me up. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Who is WOCAB? I Googled and got something completely different.  

I've been wondering if there is something else going on besides child just got out. Like, Where they were found, by the lake or on a piece of heavy equipment maybe?  But the Duggar compound is pretty isolated.  Yes, you can see it clearly but if child was on the property,  would it be noticed?  Enough to be concerned?  

Did this definitely happen at TTH?  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Moving out and going it alone has possibly never even occurred to her and she would probably be shunned.

You say that like it's a bad thing. 😉

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

I mean it is a slap in the face that she is expected to take on this sister mum role-which I am sure some Quiverful would argue is good prep for a girl/woman to marry and become a mother/helpmeet/baby factory-when Jana, as far as we know, has very little prospect of actually achieving that. For Quiverful, that is woman's sole purpose, isnt it?

I think we over estimate how much agency and choice Jana has. She is fully conditioned to believe she needs the protection of a headship. Moving out and going it alone has possibly never even occurred to her and she would probably be shunned.

I think that we forget that Jana was the first girl child that JB and Of'JB broke emotionally, mentally, and probably physically to make her into an obedient unpaid child servant/slave, followed then by Jill and Jessa. And as so often in cultures that have restrictive ideas about what females can and can not do in their lives and with their lifes, once she was broken she became her parents enforces as did her sisters. If they did not enforce the rules, the rules were enforced on them. And thus the victim becomes a victimizer in order to survive. And fwiw, she is still in the Cult and thus must do as told, lest she gets her head shaved. Which can happen to boys and girls, i believe.  Jana has been a 'slave' all her life to her parents. 

Edited by Sabine
making sense of my own thoughts.
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

24 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I just don't see Lauren dumping Bella at TTH

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic