IGNORED

Jana Duggar 14: Child Endangerment Charges and Howlers Supporting Her Via Meme

HerNameIsBuffy

16 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

RE the “goodbye room”- I cannot see it functioning as a mud/cloak room: you just don’t use it as real entry for welcoming or sending off for guests? It’s to store cloaks or let people with muddy shoes in (so mostly family members or workers or the hunting party 😜). A mud room would be a separate entrance to the real entrance. A cloak room traditional would have no doors to the outside. If you host guests for dinner/church/anything more special than “help us dig up the garden”  you wouldn’t welcome/send them off through a mud room. I mean with that amount of space- sure why not have a dedicated room to say goodbye. I can absolutely see it being plastered with pictures of Great Duggar Moments of JBs political and their tv career. Their books on display, massive bible quote sign… to double down on their image before guests leave. You know- we are so successful and godly and blessed- we even have a specific room (fancy) to see people off (in some mindsets more/bigger is still important, especially if you are still only the existing as powerful in your very small bubble of mostly uneducated and crazy idiots).

Maybe it’s the gift shop.

@GiggleOfGirls your house sounds like one-of-a-kind. As a house plan geek, do you mind sharing your floor layout (or just describe it?)

Edited by AuntCloud
Forgot to mention
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

I have to admit that I love the “all you perfect humans go back to living your lives” shade at us. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 30
  • I Agree 8

Look I know accidents happen and children can be little Houdini’s but the honest truth is this could have ended in a tragedy. I know with everything happening in the family right now, emotions are likely running high but this should be a wake up call for them. They have to change the way they supervise and if 1 person can’t safely keep track of those present they shouldn’t be alone. Also, not that she is obligated to, but if I were Jana I would just issue a statement, take my punishment and learn from this mistake while thanking the god they hold so highly that all of her nieces and nephews are still alive.  Jessa’s statement just pisses me off, I know she’s trying to protect her sister but sometimes silence is golden.

Edited by Sullie06
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

Look I know accidents happen and children can be little Houdini’s but the honest truth is this could have ended in a tragedy. I know with everything happening in the family right now, emotions are likely running high but this should be a wake up call for them. They have to change the way they supervise and if 1 person can’t safely keep track of those present they shouldn’t be alone. Also, not that she is obligated to, but if I were Jana I would just issue a statement, take my punishment and learn from this mistake while thanking the god they hold so highly that all of her nieces and nephews are still alive.  Jessa’s statement just pisses me off, I know she’s trying to protect her sister but sometimes silence is golden.

It would have been ok if she would have ended with give the girl a break. The snark at the end is typical Jessa. I deduct points for that. The Duggars are not the least bit humble at all -

Also, how condescending to call a nearly 32 YO woman a girl.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 43

11 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Once again, Jessa wants it both ways. It’s okay for the media to cover every Duggar courtship, engagement, wedding and birth, but if something actually interesting and newsworthy happens, then please respect the family’s privacy. Sorry, Jessa, the media reports it because that’s what the public wants to know and the story was juicy enough without being sensationalized. Maybe Jessa’s anger should be directed at the wonderful police that charged Jana instead of the media that reported it.

And maybe she should direct ALL of her anger at her father and mother who sold their wholesome family to the public for easy cash, fully knowing they had a child molester in the group. If anyone was wearing the perfect label it was the Duggar family. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 22
  • I Agree 8

I saw it and immediately thought of that too, @JDuggs . If you put yourself out there on a tv show, social media, books, tours, etc endlessly touting how moral you are and perfect your family is, and then when the shit hits the fan suddenly want privacy and non-judgement. Like they haven’t been judging the world with their bullshit beliefs. 

• Upvote 24
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

Or maybe Jessa, you feel a little bit of guilt about all the times you have used Jana as a daycare service.. 😂😂😂 

But it is hard to shark too much, when you know that Jessa was a sister mum as well… 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1

Honestly, this kind of minimizing reminds me of a Jim Bob statement. I think the details will prove worse than this. A child had to have been gone pretty long for someone else to notice and call for help. That’s not just, like, oops! I looked away and kid was gone. Yes, we’ve all made mistakes and talked about Houdini kid escapes on this thread . But how many of us have had the cops show up and file charges for it?

Also, how did a family who grew up in ATI cult that demands perfection of all children get all: “sheesh guys, there are no perfect parents” Um…enabling a pedophile, covering up molestation, neglecting a child such that protective services are called…do they think these are routine parenting experiences?

Also, maybe Jessa is feeling mad about other things, too. That could be a hopeful thing.

• Upvote 37
  • Love 1

On 12/12/2021 at 3:01 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It's not because the citation itself shows it's not related to driving or a vehicle.

I swear if every time you've had to say this was a drinking game, I'd have been drunk for the last 3 days.

Thank you for all you do. 

And now I'm just a little tipsy. 🤣

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 4

If it was as Jessa says, it’s even more surprising that the police decided to charge - either she is minimising it or, as others have speculated, Jana was obnoxious to the police so they cut her no slack.

Jessa directs her anger to media and snarkers- as others have said, she and her husband avoided gainful employment for many years and expected their manipulation of media to provide a living. She doesn’t mind photo shoots for People magazine or paid interviews about her ‘heart to adopt’ ( how’s that coming along btw?) or monetisation of her social media.

Sorry Jessa- look at your parents and rage against them for what they’ve done to you. When your USP is lots of children, eyebrows are going to be raised when a) you have someone else look after them and b) there’s an allegation of child endangerment. 

• Upvote 23

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

If it was as Jessa says, it’s even more surprising that the police decided to charge - either she is minimising it or, as others have speculated, Jana was obnoxious to the police so they cut her no slack.

Or the police in tontitown and CPS are tired of the duggars and willing to go after them at any chance they get. I dont think it is fair of them taking it on Jana though, after all she is just a pawn of Jim Bob, he is the one they want.

• Upvote 18

1 minute ago, llucie said:

Or the police in tontitown and CPS are tired of the duggars and willing to go after them at any chance they get. I dont think it is fair of them taking it on Jana though, after all she is just a pawn of Jim Bob, he is the one they want.

But isn’t JD, Jana’s twin, an unpaid constable? They may loathe JB but it’s surprising they’d take it out on the sister of one of their own.

• Upvote 8

"Sensationalising because of current Family circumstances" makes you so mad???

Weird to describe it as family circumstances, but whatever you want to call it-that is what you should be mad at

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

I dunno. Taking the post as true and ignoring Jessa's attitude she is correct it could happen to anyone.  But I suspect she is also being disingenuous and leaving out some circumstances that wouldn't happen to anyone, circumstances that are probably directly related to how the family lives. 

Simply put this probably escalated because it took a long time for the child to be missed, and that's not something that could happen to anyone.  Most people are not put in charge of so many kids at once that it would take more than 5-10 minutes, at the absolute MOST, to realize one was missing and panic. On top of this it would not take most people more than a few additional minutes to be sure the kid was no longer in the house. Good luck figuring that out quickly at TTH.

If I were a betting person I'd guess Jana was absolutely shocked when the police returned the child and the police knew from the timing of their being called and the testimony of whoever called them that the child had been missing way too long for that kind of shock to make sense. Add in the fact that it probably was an M kid and the officers probably wanted to be careful and charged her.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that they also wanted to stick it to the Duggars, but for sure had it been quickly known the kid was missing and a search was on/Jana had called the police herself it's incredibly unlikely that would have lead to charges unless (as some others already speculated) this happens often at TTH and the police had had enough.

Edited by breakfree
Typo
  • Upvote 31
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Jessa’s comments are always so self-righteous and snarky. 

Self-righteous agreed but I’m not sure we can criticise the snark without some hypocrisy!  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

39 minutes ago, Boats said:

Self-righteous agreed but I’m not sure we can criticise the snark without some hypocrisy!  

We snark for a reason, Jessa because she has an attitude issue.  

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

My tuppence worth of speculation is, could it have been Bella who wandered off? It would make sense regarding Si and Lauren deleting all of her pics off IG

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

We snark for a reason, Jessa because she has an attitude issue.  

If it was my sister who was taking as much speculative heat in the news as my recently convicted pedo brother - I’d have one hell of an attitude issue as well. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I dunno.  I just feel that if a little M had wandered off, Mac or Michael would have noticed the absence pretty quickly, even if Jana didn’t … 

Edited by Tiny Bubbles
  • Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic