IGNORED

Jana Duggar 14: Child Endangerment Charges and Howlers Supporting Her Via Meme

HerNameIsBuffy

On 1/5/2022 at 2:18 PM, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

I was kind of hoping that the court would mandate some sort of child care training . . . even basic stuff such as you shouldn't put an 8yo in charge of a 2yo and one person cannot safely care for 12 little children at one time.

There is a fundie dad in our town who brings his eleventy blessings to the pool by himself. I always think when I see this if it were a daycare would require him to have 1-2 helpers.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

There is a fundie dad in our town who brings his eleventy blessings to the pool by himself. I always think when I see this if it were a daycare would require him to have 1-2 helpers.

I guess that it's great that a fundy dad is doing things with his kids sans mom.  

But on the other hand it's kind of like someone bringing their dogs to the dog park and turning them loose, while expecting them to entertain themselves while they sit aside and congratulate themselves for excercising their dogs.

• Upvote 9

16 minutes ago, Flossie said:

I guess that it's great that a fundy dad is doing things with his kids sans mom.  

But on the other hand it's kind of like someone bringing their dogs to the dog park and turning them loose, while expecting them to entertain themselves while they sit aside and congratulate themselves for excercising their dogs.

I think it’s a very common occurrence for parents of 1 or 19 to just let their kids do whatever the fuck they please at the pool and expect the lifeguards to babysit. Of course not everyone does this. But I’ve seen it again and again. My kids know the rules at the pool but I still keep an eye on them. The only time the lifeguards ever have to warn them is if they are starting to walk so fast it’s almost a run. And we know there’s no running at the pool! But they get a little excited and forget. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Unless your children are older and very good swimmers, I think its irresponsible for a parent to bring more than 2 or 3 kids to a swimming area without additional help. Let’s face it, that dad is expecting others to watch over his kids too.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

On 1/6/2022 at 2:36 AM, SorenaJ said:

How would that work with a chocolate bar, where it always says "this may contain nuts", if someone were eating a chocolate bar near you? Is it better if people don't eat chocolate indoors? Sorry if it is a stupid question, I always worry, because I know one shouldn't eat nuts near an allergic person. 

Not a stupid question at all! May contain warnings usually just mean that the product has been made in a facility with nuts so people can eat those around me no problem. They can’t, though, eat a Skor bar around me. And thank you for being sensitive to allergies! I was up to five ER visits one year because a colleague refused to abstain from eating nuts. She was clear that she had no intention of not bringing them to work and if I died that was my problem, not hers. 

• Sad 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Unless your children are older and very good swimmers, I think its irresponsible for a parent to bring more than 2 or 3 kids to a swimming area without additional help. Let’s face it, that dad is expecting others to watch over his kids too.

Probably the sister moms.

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic