IGNORED

Jana Duggar 14: Child Endangerment Charges and Howlers Supporting Her Via Meme

HerNameIsBuffy

39 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

If it's an M kid, I still think it's more likely to have been the four year old. That's an awful long way for a 2 year old to go. It makes me sad to think he may have been looking for Mommy or Daddy, and got lost looking for his home.

If Mac was in charge and one of the littles were hurt, I can't imagine the guilt that poor girl would feel. This is why the buddy system is a fail. It puts way too much responsibility on a young girl who isn't developmentally ready for it. 

If LE found a child on the road, and saw how far away the Duggar house was, I could see why they'd be alarmed. This isn't the same as finding a kid a few houses down. The walk to the road is a long way for a kid to go. For the same reason, I think it was the 4 year old or even the 6 year old. I think most 2 year olds would get distracted or scared or cold long before they reached the road. 

I imagine that Jana opened the door and said no one was missing. The cop, knowing the child had been wandering for a while without anyone noticing, escalated the matter.

• Upvote 7

Watch Jessa is jumping to her defense bc it was Ivy.

they should have just put out a small statement right away instead of all this speculation and crap with Amy manifesting all week lo no.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

One example that I can think of where It would be understandable for a kid to get out undetected is if he was supposed to be asleep (at night, early morning, nap) so Jana thought she knew where he was, and he’s never wandered out before this episode. I’ll give Jana the benefit of the doubt until the real details come out, but they all really need to stop being so sanctimonious. My speculation: an M at the warehouse home went out to find Mommy.

• Upvote 12

Its harvest time here where i live and hubby left at 6pm  to go drive the machinery for harvest.  My 2 year old and i walked him to the car and said goodbye.  Toddler was very upset that he was leaving and cried.  I carried her back to the house and went inside to grab my spray for the bug ridden tomato plants.  A couple minutes later my 6 year old asked where the toddler was.  I told him she was in the yard.  She had seemed fine when i came in.  He went out and yelled he couldn't see her.  I told him to check just outside our yard.  He says nope.  At this point i was worried and ran through the house and checked every room for the little one.  Then i ran around our yard yelling for her.  Nope.  So i started running down my driveway.  We found her trying to follow daddy to work half way down our half k driveway.  I live on a 6000 acre farm and i live far away from the road.  Toddlers can get quite far in 5 minutes.  By the time your like.. hey i can't see the toddler, you check thy play room..  you check the yard and the Duggars have a big yard with plenty of equipment for kids to play on.  I didn't run straight down the drive way. I have told hubby and the farm owner that we need the gates fixed on our yard as they are awful to close.  When i was a 2 year old i tried following my dad to work as well.  I've discovered my toddler can power walk like no one would believe. 

• Upvote 29
  • Love 11

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The distance to the road is similar to the distance of the pond. There could be a fence near the pond, but there’s a fence near the road. And it looks like a fence a toddler could easily fit under. A wondering toddler in an area near a road where people drive higher speeds and a pond can be dangerous. I want to add, there are a lot of ponds that are walking distance around the Duggar house. That’s just the closest one. I counted at least 5 within walking distance.

E47702A7-5B2E-4C1A-A59A-51C74011AF93.jpeg

I should know, but what are the two buildings closest to the road? And is Joe and Kendra's in the picture?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

I should know, but what are the two buildings closest to the road? And is Joe and Kendra's in the picture?

Someone can probably label this better than me.

24619A36-9B55-460D-9FBE-7BDE44A2963D.jpeg

The blue building is obviously the TTH. I think that the purple circled building below is the warehouse Anna et al. are living in, surrounded by used cars for their car lot. Otherwise, I'm not at all sure where the warehouse is. And I think the building circled in red is Joe and Kendra's home. And don't JB&M rent out the big building below?

image.thumb.png.dab5f227a030b1a526e844a7f6b423e4.png

Edited by metheglyn
described blue circle
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 12

1 hour ago, CrazyMumma said:

Its harvest time here where i live and hubby left at 6pm  to go drive the machinery for harvest.  My 2 year old and i walked him to the car and said goodbye.  Toddler was very upset that he was leaving and cried.  I carried her back to the house and went inside to grab my spray for the bug ridden tomato plants.  A couple minutes later my 6 year old asked where the toddler was.  I told him she was in the yard.  She had seemed fine when i came in.  He went out and yelled he couldn't see her.  I told him to check just outside our yard.  He says nope.  At this point i was worried and ran through the house and checked every room for the little one.  Then i ran around our yard yelling for her.  Nope.  So i started running down my driveway.  We found her trying to follow daddy to work half way down our half k driveway.  I live on a 6000 acre farm and i live far away from the road.  Toddlers can get quite far in 5 minutes.  By the time your like.. hey i can't see the toddler, you check thy play room..  you check the yard and the Duggars have a big yard with plenty of equipment for kids to play on.  I didn't run straight down the drive way. I have told hubby and the farm owner that we need the gates fixed on our yard as they are awful to close.  When i was a 2 year old i tried following my dad to work as well.  I've discovered my toddler can power walk like no one would believe. 

So scary when they do that. My worst experience with a fleeing toddler was with my calmest, most well behaved child. A couple of her siblings were terrible to track and always making a break for it, or getting into any danger they could find. This one always stayed right by my side, very responsible and self-contained for her age —- until one time at the store and I told her she couldn’t get a pair of shoes she wanted — she got mad and raced through that whole store and out the door to the busy parking lot - luckily she stopped herself before getting hit.  She was SO fast ! And it was so unexpected! 

The same kid was left in a parked car in her seat by a substitute pre-school teacher after a field trip,  for at least an hour. Very Busy parking lot too. She was 2 1/2, knew not to unbuckle and just stayed there. Waiting. Thankfully it was her and not one of her siblings, they would of definitely saw the escape opportunity. The teacher was a local college Early Childhood Education instructor, helping out for the day. Very nice guy and well respected in the community. He felt awful. 

• Upvote 10

I’m not sure if I’m going to catch up on this thread so I’m going to go ahead and share my thoughts, others may have already mentioned something similar.

In Jana’s statement she uses language like turn my back for a moment, it happened so fast, to minimize the situation. But, their home is far from the road, a child would have had to wander quite a bit for a passerby to notice a child off by themselves. Also, how fast do their police respond to a call? If it was faster than 10-15 minutes they have a fast response time for a non emergency. All this to say, I think the wandering child was on their own for quite some time.  And I also believe a passerby wouldn’t  have called the police if the child was school age or older, it must have been a younger child.

And Jana,  if you don’t want the attention, you are an adult, you can make a choice to stay out of the public eye.

• Upvote 24

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The situation is bad enough without speculating blame on kids who weren't even home.

You'd blame preteen girls if they were in charge of 6 small kids and one got lost? I think that is so inappropriate. The blame would lie on the adult at home, or the adult who left the preteens in charge of the little kids.

In any case, it isn't relevant here, since the four youngest Duggars weren't at home.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 6
  • Eyeroll 1

The citation noted Dowell Rd as part of the incident location - that runs adjacent to the Duggar property, about 0.2 miles west of the gate/driveway. That’s really far for a little kid to wander.

D3C959DA-63AA-4119-A768-B57E8013CCD3.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 19

1 hour ago, mpheels said:

The citation noted Dowell Rd as part of the incident location - that runs adjacent to the Duggar property, about 0.2 miles west of the gate/driveway. That’s really far for a little kid to wander.

D3C959DA-63AA-4119-A768-B57E8013CCD3.jpeg

We also don't know where on Dowell the kid was found; it could have been even further down the street.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

You'd blame preteen girls if they were in charge of 6 small kids and one got lost? I think that is so inappropriate. The blame would lie on the adult at home, or the adult who left the preteens in charge of the little kids.

In any case, it isn't relevant here, since the four youngest Duggars weren't at home.

I'm the one who told you many posts back that the Duggars weren't home.  But thanks for the refresher, I guess.

Try giving it another go and read my post you quoted where I said the kids should never be blamed.  Or keep calling me out when I post something you agree with....either is fine.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 12

When my youngest granddaughter was about 4 or so, she was an escape artist and a "visitor".  Some neighbors knocked on my daughter's door one day and said "We have enjoyed visiting with Sarah, but we are going out to dinner now so we needed to bring her home".  My daughter had no idea Sarah wasn't in the house.  Thank goodness, the neighbors knew Sarah because they had grandchildren who came to visit and Sarah would play with them.  It scared my daughter to death.  Of course, we did call her Hurricane Sarah for a reason.

• Love 20

When my husband was about 5 or 6, he decided he was going to go visit his older brother at work. So he went. He walked several city blocks by himself, crossing heavy traffic. He got there and my BIL greeted him, asked for my FIL and then bolted for hte phone as soon as my husband said he was alone. My ILs had already noticed him missing and called the police by this point. 

my husband finds the story amusing, my MIL does not and says it is one of the most terrifying experiences of her life. 

• Upvote 25

6 hours ago, CrazyMumma said:

These things happen,  we all know this.  If not you, some one you know.  However,  I don't know anyone who was charged with endangering the child.  No ticket,  citation,  nothing. Just very relieved people.  

I'm not sure what to think. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Years back my neighbor’s eighteen-month-old  son took off accompanied by the family’s very large dog. He got a quarter mile away into the shopping district, crossing busy streets, and finally came to rest on the stoop of an insurance agency. Nobody could get anywhere near the baby because the dog made it clear how very badly that would go. People called the police, but what could they do? It was a standoff with the cops whose only real option was to keep watch  until the frantic mom called. 

Edited by Bastet
Clarity
  • Love 15

55 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

These things happen,  we all know this.  If not you, some one you know.  However,  I don't know anyone who was charged with endangering the child.  No ticket,  citation,  nothing. Just very relieved people.  

I'm not sure what to think. 

I wonder if with the arrest and all the rehashing of the initial molestations being swept under the rug by one of their own cops - if the local law enforcement is maybe being hyper vigilant about anything involving Duggar children, particularly an M child, who also might have an open CPS monitoring case. Having one bad cop on the force not turn in a report on creeper teen Josh is one thing - but current cops might want to make sure they have a paper trail in case anything happens and it blows up on them. A written citation and a fine that may or may not be dismissed would cover them. 

• Upvote 15

20 hours ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

My tuppence worth of speculation is, could it have been Bella who wandered off? It would make sense regarding Si and Lauren deleting all of her pics off IG

This is my favorite theory in the thread and seems highly plausible to me.

That said, shout-out to @Idlewild because "Busy Wearing a Hat" should be either a post count title or a Seewald thread title Regardless, it's going to be my status update at some point 😂

Also: big thanks to @mpheelsfor the map on just how far Dowell Rd is from the main house; if it was Bella that wandered, she was 22 months old at the time, and it would have been a major, major hike for a child that age to do by themselves.

Totally off-topic: Does anyone else find themselves saying 'Rufus Bless' in real life? I say it aloud to myself often enough, but today I accidentally said it to the pharmacist at Target 🙈

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 11
  • Haha 33
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

it would have been a major, major hike for a child that age to do by themselves.

Were my children long distance superstars and I didn’t know it? 

My kiddos regularly ran, galloped, skipped, cavorted, and twirled for long distances as toddlers. Thankfully, only one was an escape artist, but when at the family farm, the kids all traveled between the back barn, goat pens, chicken coop, and windmill with ease and amazing speed. 

My escape artist necessitated upper door locks, bells, and a monkey backpack whose tail could be tethered to my arm. I used to look down upon tethers as bad parenting, and then I had him. He slipped my hand once and ran straight into traffic. Thankfully all the drivers were aware that day and managed to avoid killing him. One truck took extreme action to avoid my kiddo. I will forever love that truck driver and I bought that kid a tether and used it until his brain was as capable as his incredible little legs. 

I have a lot of sympathy if Jana was responsible for  an escape artist/runner but sympathy does not mitigate responsibility.

I was not cited by the police when my son made his dash into traffic, but if I had been it would have seemed fair to me. At the time, I held myself responsible and took serious steps to ensure that never happened again. I was so scared by what happened and really spent time soul searching and problem solving. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 11

@Bassett Lady some kids just love to walk. I have a littler hiker at home as well. It’s not always the same obviously but she would rather walk for 30min than go quickly in the car, even when it’s raining. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

My brother escapee when he was a kid! He's 21 months older than me, and we have a sister in between. So, our parents had. their. hands. full! (I think we would've been a Duggar size family had my parents not come to their senses).

My mum would have to use those leashes when we went out because my brother was Houdini reincarnated. Any chance he'd get, he'd be gone!

He'd take turns in leading my sister and I astray and going on little adventures with him. I'm told the worst was when I was about 18 months old, we went missing for close to hour and the whole street was out looking for us. We'd walked to the park in our pajamas. 🙄 when we were found, I was sitting in the bark filthy and my brother was hiding behind a tree because he knew he was in trouble.

Growing up hearing that story I thought it was hilarious, but now as a parent I am horrified at the terror it must have caused.

I feel for Jana, and something seems suss about Jessa's statement.

• Upvote 13

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic