IGNORED

Jana Duggar 14: Child Endangerment Charges and Howlers Supporting Her Via Meme

HerNameIsBuffy

On 12/12/2021 at 4:57 PM, ifosterkittens said:

Yes, there is a bedroom with its own bathroom downstairs. 

Here is the TTH floor plan. Thanks Reddit! 

https://external-preview.redd.it/Ahn2lRquX3ubAAW-Lqf4sjkINKFMpdL8eGQkdM1nQ5M.jpg?auto=webp&s=ba0eb2ac448c142668a67759e0da3ecd506f665c

We actually beat Reddit by several years with this thread:

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, Sabine said:

I think that we forget that Jana was the first girl child that JB and Of'JB broke emotionally, mentally, and probably physically to make her into an obedient unpaid child servant/slave, followed then by Jill and Jessa. And as so often in cultures that have restrictive ideas about what females can and can not do in their lives and with their lifes, once she was broken she became her parents enforces as did her sisters. If they did not enforce the rules, the rules were enforced on them. And thus the victim becomes a victimizer in order to survive. And fwiw, she is still in the Cult and thus must do as told, lest she gets her head shaved. Which can happen to boys and girls, i believe.  Jana has been a 'slave' all her life to her parents. 

She is a 32 year old woman who has watched her sister leave the IBLP fold. No one is shaving her head. I understand what you are saying but she is an adult, and not even a young adult, and she's responsible for the choices she makes at this point.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 12

2 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

She is a 32 year old woman who has watched her sister leave the IBLP fold. No one is shaving her head. I understand what you are saying but she is an adult, and not even a young adult, and she's responsible for the choices she makes at this point.

Yes, and we have stories here for those that have broken these chains and how hard it was, and so on and so forth. I am now a nice little elder lady with grey hair and all that, and i am still not fully healed from my past abuse, and i guess i never will. Am i responsible for the choices i make? yes, totally. Are the choices i make still sometimes influenced by trauma from years back, also yes, totally. Are all my choices good, or have been good? Lol, i am lucky to actually still be alive, i got myself in so much shit it beggars believe. But trauma is as trauma does, and generally it lasts for a lifetime.

If you understand what i am saying then you should also understand that i don't give her a way out, As i said, i find it interesting, funny, ironic that the ONLY adult human female in that house is the one without her own children that is done for child abuse. Not the Mother who abused her daughters - OF'JB, not the women who dumb their children on Jana, not Anna who stayed with a child abuser, but Jana.

Last, i would like to know how many children were dumped on Jana that day? And how long her unpaid working hours are. Does she have lunch relieve, dinner relieve, tea and toilet breaks? Or are we just gonna be all gleeful now that another Duggarling is biting the dust? Again, i repeat, SHE was the first abused child in that household. And she was broken beyond repair. I think that the real Jana ceased to exist at about age 5. And then she became her parents unpaid little servant. And i repeat that in our glee at the misfortune of the Duggars, that is something that we should keep in mind. 

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 11

I’m surprised this is the first time any of them have been cited. There are so many young grandkids that I picture it as a lot of parents thinking various other people are watching their kids but in reality no one’s watching them because they all think someone else is watching them. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

54 minutes ago, Sabine said:

Yes, and we have stories here for those that have broken these chains and how hard it was, and so on and so forth. I am now a nice little elder lady with grey hair and all that, and i am still not fully healed from my past abuse, and i guess i never will. Am i responsible for the choices i make? yes, totally. Are the choices i make still sometimes influenced by trauma from years back, also yes, totally. Are all my choices good, or have been good? Lol, i am lucky to actually still be alive, i got myself in so much shit it beggars believe. But trauma is as trauma does, and generally it lasts for a lifetime.

If you understand what i am saying then you should also understand that i don't give her a way out, As i said, i find it interesting, funny, ironic that the ONLY adult human female in that house is the one without her own children that is done for child abuse. Not the Mother who abused her daughters - OF'JB, not the women who dumb their children on Jana, not Anna who stayed with a child abuser, but Jana.

Last, i would like to know how many children were dumped on Jana that day? And how long her unpaid working hours are. Does she have lunch relieve, dinner relieve, tea and toilet breaks? Or are we just gonna be all gleeful now that another Duggarling is biting the dust? Again, i repeat, SHE was the first abused child in that household. And she was broken beyond repair. I think that the real Jana ceased to exist at about age 5. And then she became her parents unpaid little servant. And i repeat that in our glee at the misfortune of the Duggars, that is something that we should keep in mind. 

First of all, I don't know if my tone came across as more strident than it was meant to, but I do apologize if so.

I am a DV survivor with PTSD, I do completely understand how trauma reverberates. And I don't think I would describe how I feel about her arrest as 'glee'. But I also do feel like Jana could say no. She could say she won't watch 20 kids. She won't watch 20 kids without a lunch break. And as time goes on, my willingness to extend a level of grace to her based on her trauma simply dissipates. 

It isn't gone, because I recognize the emotionally difficult position she is in. But I feel that the one thing we can ask of each other is to do better. To take the responsibility upon ourselves, every day, to do better today than we did yesterday. Jana has seen examples of that in her life, but she hasn't taken initiative to do it herself. That concerns me.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

When did Josiah and Lauren start going social media dark? Maybe if it is was their child who was involved they were upset enough to distance from the family as a result?  (WOACB, if you are reading here - and we know you are - this is just a wild guess with no proof to back it up and not folly for your channel.)

Now KJ is saying Jana first denied know this unnamed little one. Really? Seems really off the wall and makes one wonder if she did lie, why?  The truth was going to have to come out as the toddler would have to be released into someone’s care either the kid’s parents or child services. 

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive”. A quote I always thought was Shakespeare, however the inter webs told me it was Sir. Walter Scott 

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Now KJ is saying Jana first denied know this unnamed little one. Really? Seems really off the wall and makes one wonder if she did lie, why?  The truth was going to have to come out as the toddler would have to be released into someone’s care either the kid’s parents or child services. 

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive”. A quote I always thought was Shakespeare, however the inter webs told me it was Sir. Walter Scott 

I wonder how KJ knows this since according to her her request to get the police report was denied. 

She also said Jana plead guilty and paid a 800 dolar fine.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

I mean it is a slap in the face that she is expected to take on this sister mum role-which I am sure some Quiverful would argue is good prep for a girl/woman to marry and become a mother/helpmeet/baby factory-when Jana, as far as we know, has very little prospect of actually achieving that. For Quiverful, that is woman's sole purpose, isnt it?

I think we over estimate how much agency and choice Jana has. She is fully conditioned to believe she needs the protection of a headship. Moving out and going it alone has possibly never even occurred to her and she would probably be shunned.

She may be conditioned but if by someone's 30s they aren't responsible for their life choices then when?

She has far, far more resources and avenues for help getting out than the vast majority of fundies.  She has never indicated that she wants out.  She also could have married, maybe she prefers being the nanny to raising her own kids, who knows?

I know you're a kind person, but comments like these infantilize her imo.  So if she doesn't want to babysit should she get a job and be self supporting or sit around as a 30 something perpetual teenager enjoying her hobbies with no responsibilities?

Jill set the precedent so she could go to a lawyer and say hey, my sister sued for backpay from our dad and won, can you get me my earnings.  She's never given any indication she wants to do anything but enjoy her prolonged adolescence so I don't expect her to do that, but it's still a choice she's making.

I feel terrible for young Jana for her childhood as I do Anna.  But to quote Rush, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."  She's choosing this life, if she doesn't like it she can move forward.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

I feel like Jana’s actual day-to-day life workload may be being underestimated. Yes, she travels and gardens. She’s also, so far as I know, the adult who runs her parents’ household (we all know they don’t!!); keeps up with the background invisible work for that makes a house run (meal planning, groceries, appointments, other scheduling and engagements…) and watches her parents’ and random siblings’ kids child care. That’s a full time job for a stay at home mom of two; now imagine you’re a sister mom of … I dunno, twenty?? Add in whatever admin assistant shit Michelle and Jim Bob assign to her, and, yeah. That woman has a lot to keep her busy. I don’t absolve of her horrid beliefs, but I get how a child may have escaped. 

• Upvote 17

3 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I’m surprised this is the first time any of them have been cited. There are so many young grandkids that I picture it as a lot of parents thinking various other people are watching their kids but in reality no one’s watching them because they all think someone else is watching them. 

Like what makes pool parties potentially dangerous.   I remember when the TV crew were on a special talking about working with them and it was all pretty lighthearted.  A few gems though.  One being the camera crew constantly bugging out and amazed how the kids would go on a swing that had a drop of 30-40 feet; and how the parents were totally ok with this, unconcerned.  They also noted it was amazing the kids didn't get hurt a lot.  The general chaos of it all.  

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Sabine said:

is the one without her own children that is done for child abuse.

None of this is about abuse.  The 3rd degree indicates it was unintentional.  No one is vilifying her for an accident.  

I get what you're saying about her upbringing but I don't see how it's relevant as she was cited because she was the adult in charge and none of the other moms had anything to do with it.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make tying that to this incident, but that's okay, we all have our own takes on this.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, llucie said:

I wonder how KJ knows this since according to her her request to get the police report was denied. 

She also said Jana plead guilty and paid a 800 dolar fine.

KJ is wrong (as usual). The fine box was $430 the other day. Today, it was $880. Her fine was $450. But yeah, that was probably the cost to pleas guilty and make it all go away.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, marmalade said:

KJ is wrong (as usual). The fine box was $430 the other day. Today, it was $880. Her fine was $450. But yeah, that was probably the cost to pleas guilty and make it all go away.

This means no trial in january anymore right?

I think it’s possible she was watching more than just the M kids. It’s possible someone else dropped their kid(s) off with Jana too that day. That would make it so much easier to lose track of one. 

• Upvote 6

I get the feeling that the TTH is a place where feral children run around in packs and adults interfere if there's screaming/the kids break something/bother them.  I've had that feeling since the shows, with the howlers running around, then the lost girls joining in.

I think as the Duggars have grown up, the mob mentality has continued.  Josh's overlap with M, meant there's still been a kid every 2 years with no break.  The Ms have been there enough to continue the pack thing, other siblings also drop off kids as they've started reproducing.

I don't think there's a lot of structure or supervision at the best of times.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 13

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

None of this is about abuse.  The 3rd degree indicates it was unintentional.  No one is vilifying her for an accident.  

I get what you're saying about her upbringing but I don't see how it's relevant as she was cited because she was the adult in charge and none of the other moms had anything to do with it.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make tying that to this incident, but that's okay, we all have our own takes on this.

Legally, I believe negligence/ child endangerment is classified as a form of abuse. And I do believe that both the Duggars and Likely Jana in this instance (and probably others) do use child watching tactics (mainly lack there of) that would be meet the criteria as neglect. Now is that neglect planned? On JBD a and MD’s part, yes. They kept having kids despite the fact they were barely keeping people safe and well cared for.

Unless multiple siblings dropped off kids for Jana to watch at the same time, the odds are this involved the Ms. Each of the other families have parents (SAHMs and barely working dads) that are available. With Josh being isolated away and Anna having to tend to Josh, that left the Ms the most likely kids in need of care. 

7 minutes ago, imokit said:

I get the feeling that the TTH is a place where feral children run around in packs and adults interfere if there's screaming/the kids break something/bother them.  I've had that feeling since the shows, with the howlers running around, then the lost girls joining in.

I think as the Duggars have grown up, the mob mentality has continued.  Josh's overlap with M, meant there's still been a kid every 2 years with no break.  The Ms have been there enough to continue the pack thing, other siblings also drop off kids as they've started reproducing.

I don't think there's a lot of structure or supervision at the best of times.

And IMO, that’s SOP. Obviously no one can watch 20 kids like they could watch 2-3 kids. The crime is that these folks reproduce without any forethought as to what healthy children actually need in terms of time and attention.

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

She is a 32 year old woman who has watched her sister leave the IBLP fold.

To be fair, none of her sisters have done anything IBLP rebellious prior to being married.  Despite being an actual adult, Jana, (being unmarried) does not have that “adulthood” that marriage provides in DuggarWorld.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Now KJ is saying Jana first denied know this unnamed little one. Really? Seems really off the wall and makes one wonder if she did lie, why?

Fwiw that was KJs story from the start, such a bizarre element with no source.   

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, HereComesTreble said:

To be fair, none of her sisters have done anything IBLP rebellious prior to being married.  Despite being an actual adult, Jana, (being unmarried) does not have that “adulthood” that marriage provides in DuggarWorld.

She is, however, more than aware that that is not the norm and that she has an abundance of resources available to her if she leaves. She has access to more money, opportunity, and assistance than most women who leave IBLP, in addition to having examples of it around her.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

She may be conditioned but if by someone's 30s they aren't responsible for their life choices then when?

She has far, far more resources and avenues for help getting out than the vast majority of fundies.  She has never indicated that she wants out.  She also could have married, maybe she prefers being the nanny to raising her own kids, who knows?

I know you're a kind person, but comments like these infantilize her imo.  So if she doesn't want to babysit should she get a job and be self supporting or sit around as a 30 something perpetual teenager enjoying her hobbies with no responsibilities?

Jill set the precedent so she could go to a lawyer and say hey, my sister sued for backpay from our dad and won, can you get me my earnings.  She's never given any indication she wants to do anything but enjoy her prolonged adolescence so I don't expect her to do that, but it's still a choice she's making.

I feel terrible for young Jana for her childhood as I do Anna.  But to quote Rush, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."  She's choosing this life, if she doesn't like it she can move forward.

With all the family gaslighting that has been revealed recently, is it possible that Jana has no idea/doesn’t believe that Jill sued and won?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

She is, however, more than aware that that is not the norm and that she has an abundance of resources available to her if she leaves. She has access to more money, opportunity, and assistance than most women who leave IBLP, in addition to having examples of it around her.

Agree, we can't lump her in with typical IBLP women at all. She's in a much better situation to assess and adjust her life.

But if this was an M kid, I'd like to think she's feeling some extra resentment towards golden boy Josh over the whole incident. If he weren't such a useless piece of human garbage, the M kids would probably have been at home in the storage facility with their mother. 

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, Doogie said:

With all the family gaslighting that has been revealed recently, is it possible that Jana has no idea/doesn’t believe that Jill sued and won?

Jana has access to the internet and social media, if she doesn't know that's on her.  

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, Ilovebrownies said:

I am mostly convinced this was M 22 month old but perhaps it was Jessa’s kid because she did make that defensive SM post.

Maybe I'm mean, but I don't think Jessa would be quite so defensive if it had been her own kid wandering along the road...

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Agree, we can't lump her in with typical IBLP women at all. She's in a much better situation to assess and adjust her life.

But if this was an M kid, I'd like to think she's feeling some extra resentment towards golden boy Josh over the whole incident. If he weren't such a useless piece of human garbage, the M kids would probably have been at home in the storage facility with their mother. 

If it was an M she should also resent Anna if she was watching them while Anna was with Josh.  Watching them while she runs to the store or has a doctors appointment is a normal thing, but babysitting when Anna should have been home with her kids is another thing entirely.  

Speculation all, but the sad thing is even if that happened I doubt Anna has enough decency to be sorry.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic