IGNORED

Jana Duggar 14: Child Endangerment Charges and Howlers Supporting Her Via Meme

HerNameIsBuffy

4 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Technically true, right? It was homeland security if I remember correctly.

My bad (I was just being silly), but if you wanna get technical, their statement actually said "“We were shocked to see a news report today state that our home was raided by federal law enforcement agencies. This is not true. To the best of our knowledge, it’s also not true that any member of our family is the target of any investigation of any kind. Living a life in the public’s eye has taught us that it is best not to reply to every rumor and piece of ‘fake news’ that is circulated online. It would be a full-time job if we attempted to do so. However, because of tonight’s media coverage we thought it is important to address this rumor with you. Thank you for the love and support that we can always count on in you our fans and friends.”

So I guess the use of HOME would be technically correct and them not lying. Not sure about the knowledge of investigation part. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I work with kids. If I lost a kid at work, I’m sure it would be an accident but I would still expect to be fired and charged with neglect, what makes Jana different? 

The diference is this is not Jana job, so she doesnt do it 8 hours a day and then goes home to rest. She is taking care of kids 24/7 for 20 years now, and she would need to be superhuman to not get distracted even once.

• Upvote 15

27 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

I'm pissed that it was Jana and not Michelle or Jim Bob that got the citation.  

Why?  If she was the one who was in charge it should go to her.  That they haven't been hit with their own charges for things in the past sucks, but in this instance they weren't even home.  And Jana has been complicit in the cult of baby rearing as an adult for a very long time. Maybe it's good she got a wake up call.  In their cult women can waive their autonomy and agency in submission to the man in authority over them, but the real world women are treated as adults when it comes to responsibility for their own actions.  That's a good thing for her to learn.

Anna should pay attention as it's definitely a lesson she needs.

5 minutes ago, llucie said:

The diference is this is not Jana job, so she doesnt do it 8 hours a day and then goes home to rest. She is taking care of kids 24/7 for 20 years now, and she would need to be superhuman to not get distracted even once.

I keep seeing this.  She has more time for hobbies than any woman I know with a full time job.  If she chose to be a SAHD instead of employment that was a choice she made.  

Her childhood was awful, but she's not shackled to the stove with no access to the outside world.  

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

Jana has commented on IG to clarify the situation. Her comment makes zero sense to me as we know she had to pay bail/a fine. She claims a child wandered away from the house and LE was called by a third party. Jana claims she was frightened. So wouldn’t that indicate Jana realized the child was missing? She claims that she was not arrested, but then why did she have to pay money, make a plea and secure representation? Did Jana get the JBD lying gene? 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Jana has commented on IG to clarify the situation. Her comment makes zero sense to me as we know she had to pay bail/a fine. She claims a child wandered away from the house and LE was called by a third party. Jana claims she was frightened. So wouldn’t that indicate Jana realized the child was missing? 

I'd guess it would be scary getting a citation, but I suppose it's also possible she realized the child was missing and she couldn't find him before the third party did and called the police.  Pure speculation, but maybe the cops were pissed she didn't call as soon as she knew the little one was missing. That would piss me off.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Jana has commented on IG to clarify the situation. Her comment makes zero sense to me as we know she had to pay bail/a fine. She claims a child wandered away from the house and LE was called by a third party. Jana claims she was frightened. So wouldn’t that indicate Jana realized the child was missing? She claims that she was not arrested, but then why did she have to pay money, make a plea and secure representation? Did Jana get the JBD lying gene? 

She was probably frightened after the fact, most people would be.  You have to make a plea with a traffic citation when there is no arrest, so that could be us misunderstanding their use of the term bond in that jurisdiction.  

The minimization is saying the child was outside alone and a passerby saw leaves out the part that the incident was on a 2 lane highway.  If the details come out of exactly where and which kid it may or may not have "happened so quickly" as she says.  

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

It’s possible a citation was written by the officer on-site and she wasn’t taken into custody. I knew someone who used their parent’s handicap placard at the beach and was given a citation for two misdemeanors right there and was never actually taken into custody. She ended up pleading out to an infraction and paid a couple hundred dollars fine. I would not be shocked if that happened here. She was likely charged do to the age of the child and how far away they were from the house. Or, the child may have been found in the road. 

Jana did not write that post. My guess is that it was a PR person. It’s interesting it mentioned CPS being called. Obviously they are now trying to get ahead of the story.

Edited by socalrules
  • Upvote 14

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Did Jana get the JBD lying gene? 

Yes she absolutely did.

She was horrifically abused physically, emotionally and mentally as a child.  There is no doubt that she had to grow up too fast and take on adult responsibilities far too young.

But now she's an adult, she has resources and she knows about them.

She's travelled around the world, she has property in her name,  she's not shackled to small siblings as the youngest (Josie) is far older than Jana herself was when Jana was managing a home and a million small infants.  She has worldly contacts from the show.

She could get a job and leave home, she knows this.  She could even get a fundy maiden approved job and help in with the cult or look after another families children (like her friend Laura or the Paine woman who nannied at the TTH for a while).  She could have even got herself married to get out the house.

Instead she has an instragram and markets herself as the dutiful daughter, showing off the life of a fundy maiden in the hope of attracting others (much like her parents argue the initial show was for - trying to convert).  She stands at her parents right hand and has a lot of power and privilege not only with her parents but also her siblings.  She's the one who raised them.

She's part of the cult and she knows exactly what she's doing.  People are sympathetic because of the cinderJana story which has been pushed by the media and by others, but she is an adult woman who knows what she's doing, what's acceptable and what's not acceptable.

Her choice to never marry (whatever her reasons) should not mean we infantilise her because she still lives with mummy and daddy and has to obey them.  She doesn't, she could get out in a variety of ways, many of which would be acceptable to her parents.

• Upvote 34
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, lizzybee said:

I have three kids and my oldest is autistic. Part of that is he wanders and gets into everything, so I admit I'm pretty vigilant. Out of the three I would notice a missing one within 3-5 minutes if not sooner. So my question is how many children was she expected to keep track of at once that she didn't notice one was missing so long the police got involved?  Was it like all seven of Anna's plus more? 

But I'm also the parent. My house is set up where he can't just escape because if I didn't have locks in strategic places (like a chain lock up high on the front door and the fence is padlocked on both sides if he went out the back). If I didn't do that, I'm sure he would be up the street if he could get out without me noticing. 

Even with our gates everywhere, he produced wire cutters he found in our bedroom yesterday because I didn't lock up our room. I knew he was in there and told him to come back downstairs immediately and in the one or two minutes he was in there he grabbed those. I got them away from him before he could hurt himself or his siblings, but it's scary to think if he hadn't pulled them out of his pocket in front of me what could have happened when I wasn't looking.

Things do happen with kids all the time because they're all by default squirrelly and feral. However, I think it's impossible to make excuses for Jana without knowing the whole story and why she was actually charged. I think there undoubtably has to be some missing detail that would explain why it's been taken this far. I think it would be reprehensible if she was charged just because the officer disliked her family. I really hope that's not the case. 

Total speculation on my part and we won’t know or maybe never will know the facts until January, but I believe that the first time Jana was aware the child was missing is when LE knocked on the door with said child. I think the age of the child and Jana possibly being unaware that the child was even missing is why she was charged. I have always found the Duggars rather lackadaisical where child rearing and safety are concerned. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 20

3 minutes ago, imokit said:

Yes she absolutely did.

She was horrifically abused physically, emotionally and mentally as a child.  There is no doubt that she had to grow up too fast and take on adult responsibilities far too young.

But now she's an adult, she has resources and she knows about them.

She's travelled around the world, she has property in her name,  she's not shackled to small siblings as the youngest (Josie) is far older than Jana herself was when Jana was managing a home and a million small infants.  She has worldly contacts from the show.

She could get a job and leave home, she knows this.  She could even get a fundy maiden approved job and help in with the cult or look after another families children (like her friend Laura or the Paine woman who nannied at the TTH for a while).  She could have even got herself married to get out the house.

Instead she has an instragram and markets herself as the dutiful daughter, showing off the life of a fundy maiden in the hope of attracting others (much like her parents argue the initial show was for - trying to convert).  She stands at her parents right hand and has a lot of power and privilege not only with her parents but also her siblings.  She's the one who raised them.

She's part of the cult and she knows exactly what she's doing.  People are sympathetic because of the cinderJana story which has been pushed by the media and by others, but she is an adult woman who knows what she's doing, what's acceptable and what's not acceptable.

Her choice to never marry (whatever her reasons) should not mean we infantilise her because she still lives with mummy and daddy and has to obey them.  She doesn't, she could get out in a variety of ways, many of which would be acceptable to her parents.

I agree. I don’t make excuses for her at all, as she’s a grown woman. I have a 31 son, and just as a comparison, he is in his final semester of grad school, works FT and has during his grad level education, has a girlfriend and a very active social life. He lives alone and is pretty much a solid citizen. Jana’s life at 31 seems pretty cushy in comparison. However, I will acknowledge, my son never had to raise or care for any human other than himself. Although he did babysit when he was a kid and people (the children) loved and requested him because he was the fun babysitter. Even as a kid, he never lost anyone. I think we can all agree the Duggar way of child rearing is abysmal at best.

• Upvote 11

7 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

I just want to say this passive aggressiveness from them on how annoyed they are they have to explain themselves is ridiculous. You've benefitted beyond many people's wildest dreams from the attention paid to your famous family. A family known for having as many children as physically possible is going to get attention for a member receiving a charge of endangering a minor. That's kind of sensational in and of itself without anyone sensationalizing it.

And honestly just fuck them all for being so strange about all of this. Your brother is being sent to prison for being a pedophile and you all are still being so weird like you think somehow you're being victimized or paid undue attention. Your whole family paraded itself in front of our faces for the better part of this century asking for the maximum possible attention. 

And the King of it all, pretty much told us all his way was better and that we were all idiots and heathens. I will never forget him sharing his views on education as being a waste of time and money. The fact that they consider children such precious blessings, yet their behaviors scream otherwise, will be commented on by consumers who supported the show and family.  Their collective lack of common sense slays me. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

I just want to say this passive aggressiveness from them on how annoyed they are they have to explain themselves is ridiculous. You've benefitted beyond many people's wildest dreams from the attention paid to your famous family. A family known for having as many children as physically possible is going to get attention for a member receiving a charge of endangering a minor. That's kind of sensational in and of itself without anyone sensationalizing it.

And honestly just fuck them all for being so strange about all of this. Your brother is being sent to prison for being a pedophile and you all are still being so weird like you think somehow you're being victimized or paid undue attention. Your whole family paraded itself in front of our faces for the better part of this century asking for the maximum possible attention. 

This!  They don't seem to get the people who are uninterested in their family drama also don't care about the babies or the weddings or SM posts.  The people annoying them with interest are the reason they don't have to have jobs.

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

This is extremely typical of people who make their livings on social media as well. I can’t begin to name the amount of “influencers” who post their entire lives on social media and when something not so nice happens, they suddenly want privacy and act like people are overstepping by wanting to know what happened. 

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 4

I thought it was a decent statement and described what could be an actual situation. But one of my kids was a very fast and ingenuous escape artist, another was an absent minded wanderer, and my little sister was always plotting ways to cross a busy road to visit a horse that was a good 3 blocks away  (she succeeded once at 3 or 4) -  so I’m probably biased. Or defensive. Or both. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Why?  If she was the one who was in charge it should go to her.  That they haven't been hit with their own charges for things in the past sucks, but in this instance they weren't even home.  And Jana has been complicit in the cult of baby rearing as an adult for a very long time. Maybe it's good she got a wake up call.  In their cult women can waive their autonomy and agency in submission to the man in authority over them, but the real world women are treated as adults when it comes to responsibility for their own actions.  That's a good thing for her to learn.

I pissed it wasn't Michelle or Jim Bob because, I admit, I despise them.  They own the house too- so it's their responsibility to child proof it. 

I have more pity for Jana than most people.  As a former unwed sister-mom, I know that she's likely made to feel like garbage all the time. It's my bias. 

• Upvote 6

There are four teenage/preteen girls in that house. Does anyone really think Jana was doing the actual babysitting? No, I am sure she was off taking a nap, or out in the garden. I think she left the teens in charge. However, as the only adult in the home, she was ultimately responsible and is taking the hit (which is appropriate). I suspect everyone is blaming Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie. Most likely they were the ones sitting in the room with the littles.

I can't imagine Jana spending her day watching Josh's kids, while Johannah and Co get to do whatever they want.

• Downvote 4
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

They own the house too- so it's their responsibility to child proof it. 

I hate both of them and think child endangerment is embedded into their parenting on many levels, but you can't child proof a home so a kid can't get out when you're out of state.  

I blame them for their negligence, but this one falls to the adult responsible at the time.  

2 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

There are four teenage/preteen girls in that house. Does anyone really think Jana was doing the actual babysitting? No, I am sure she was off taking a nap, or out in the garden. I think she left the teens in charge. However, as the only adult in the home, she was ultimately responsible and is taking the hit (which is appropriate). I suspect everyone is blaming Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie. Most likely they were the ones sitting in the room with the littles.

I can't imagine Jana spending her day watching Josh's kids, while Johannah and Co get to do whatever they want.

I need a macro for this...all the minor J kids and JB/M were out of state the day this happened.  The oldest child that could have been there would have been Mac at 12.  

The situation is bad enough without speculating blame on kids who weren't even home.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 14
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

I watched multiple duggars get their wisdom teeth pulled. I watched Jana sew eleventy billion bridesmaids dress extenders. I remember saying once about 15 years ago that "at least the duggar kids are taken care of and well-behaved." 

So yeah, get out of here with this idea that people can't ask questions when you get charged with misdemeanor child endangerment WHEN YOU ARE IN A CULT THAT SAYS ALL CHRISTIANS SHOULD HAVE AS MANY CHILDREN AS THEY CAN.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

They were on a national parks tour with their parents on that date-

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I keep seeing this.  She has more time for hobbies than any woman I know with a full time job.  If she chose to be a SAHD instead of employment that was a choice she made.  

Her childhood was awful, but she's not shackled to the stove with no access to the outside world.  

I agree. She’s a 30 something year old woman. Babysitting WAS her job that day and she failed, accident or negligence. I hold her responsible the same way I would be held, whatever my or her intentions were in keeping a child safe. We adults fuck up and it’s ok to acknowledge that. We infantilize Jana way too much. 

I also think since both statements were careful not to add the child’s age it must have been one of the very young kids, otherwise they’d use it in their defense. “I should be able to trust a 7 year old to stay in the yard”...

• Upvote 9

We don’t know whose child it was- it could have been one of Jessa and Ben’s- when was Fern born? Jessa could have been very pregnant or with a newborn and Ben was busy wearing a hat, and that’s 3 very small but mobile children to keep an eye on.

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 13

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic