IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 41: Will the Rebers Continue their B&B for Child Predators After the Trial?

HerNameIsBuffy

6 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Someone leaked the poster on FW’s connections to the Duggar’s so she will not be giving updates 😫. She may do an AMA having the trial has concluded. 

bummer. 

Are we allowed to know who it is? I suppose there weren't many potential candidates.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

I assumed a time delay from the photos being taken and then uploaded to create a more constant flow of information, my naivety perhaps-if a judge told me to turn uo at 830, I would be there at 6 😂

I think Arkansas is one hour later than on the east coast.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Yeah I agree. I'm reserving judgement. I mean, I judge her a lot for staying with him this long and continuing to reproduce with him - but the middle of a trial is not when I'd expect her to stand up for herself and flee. There's too much at stake, even if she really wanted to leave. She ditches him now, she's likely to lose any chance of JimBob helping her out, and if Josh is acquitted she might even lose custody of the kids. She hangs on through the trial and sees what happens, and things will be more stable. If he goes to prison she'll have an idea of how her life is going to work, and if JB is still supporting her she can then look at her options and have a little time and space to think and figure out how to support herself and the kids.

And on top of all that, Madyson is what, 6 weeks? If she was a normal working mom she would just now be heading back to work. I can see why she's playing the part now, whether it's real or just for appearances. I wouldn't be able to make a solid decision in that situation. Hopefully she's weighing her options depending on how the trial goes.

Sorry if it's OT, but women head back to work after six weeks in the US?! I knew that women in minimum wage jobs sadly had to go back this early, but I thought women in white collar jobs got like three months. In my country its six months paid, and then another three months unpaid, but you also get to add your vacation time and public holidays so it ends up being just under a year for many women. 

Six weeks is insane!

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 19
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, MayMay1123 said:

Knowing what we know now, does anyone believe Danica was telling the truth years ago? I don't remember exactly what Josh's alibi was, someone saying he was somewhere else... but was the alibi something that was airtight? Or could it have been someone was paid to lie? I always believed her. 

IIRC there was video evidence of him being in Big Sandy at some event, David Waller either took the video or was in it...but it was an event so it couldn't have been taken at some random other time.

I could be wrong, but as much as I hate him I remember being convinced by the evidence that he wasn't in town to do that particular crime.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

Ha! The Sun had the same thought as some of us did:

JOY'S FASHION CHOICE

Joy-Anna (Duggar) Forsyth notably wore a shorter dress to the trialon Monday.

She donned a dress that ended above the knee and boots as she arrived in court with her husband Austin Forsyth.

This is notable because the Duggar family tends to follow strict modesty rules when it comes to women and daughters in the family.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Apologies if this has already been posted over the weekend. Some details about the cellmate of Josh have been revealed. Daily Mail for source if anyone wants to read about him. 

Can you link or post a screen shot?  If not I'll try to find it, thanks.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, Galbin said:

Sorry if it's OT, but women head back to work after six weeks in the US?! I knew that women in minimum wage jobs sadly had to go back this early, but I thought women in white collar jobs got like three months. In my country its six months paid, and then another three months unpaid, but you also get to add your vacation time and public holidays so it ends up being just under a year for many women. 

Six weeks is insane!

It depends a lot - some women are able to get more, but six weeks is standard for most workplaces, I think. Someone here probably knows the exact federal requirements. Below a certain number of employess there's no paid leave required at all. It depends a ton on where you work. 

And why six weeks? I suspect that it's almost entirely due to the fact daycare facilities can't take babies younger than six weeks. 

ETA Holidays, sick leave, and vacation - I work for a small business and get one holiday day each for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Independence Day. I get 10 paid vacation days (and I've been here 15 years.) No sick leave.

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 12
  • WTF 5

4 minutes ago, Galbin said:

Six weeks is insane!

It's not split by occupation, it's how much time can you afford to be off work without pay.  Six weeks is common for maternity leave, they can take up to 12 with FMLA but that's unpaid.  

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 5

Just now, Alisamer said:

It depends a lot - some women are able to get more, but six weeks is standard for most workplaces, I think. Someone here probably knows the exact federal requirements. Below a certain number of employess there's no paid leave required at all. It depends a ton on where you work. 

And why six weeks? I suspect that it's almost entirely due to the fact daycare facilities can't take babies younger than six weeks. 

Many employers fall under the FMLA which gives 12 weeks unpaid. 6 weeks is what most doctors will recommend and what most companies disability insurance will pay for. If you have a complicated birth that can go up at that time is about physical recovery not child-rearing

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Are we allowed to know who it is? I suppose there weren't many potential candidates.

She’s requesting anonymity. I will not be releasing her Facebook name, which I assume is a pseudonym anyway

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

@Galbin If you are FMLA eligible (been at the employer for >1 year and it's a place subject to FMLA), then your employer is required to protect your position or an equivalent position for you to take 12 weeks off. But there is absolutely ZERO guaranteed pay for that time across the whole country. Each state may have different paid leave requirements and certain employees offer paid leave of their own volition/policies. 

In my state, we have no paid leave and we are required to use all of our sick leave and vacation time while we are on leave. For my employer, you can use up to 6 weeks of sick leave for vaginal birth and 8 weeks for c-section then you have to cover the rest with vacation time. If you cannot cover your planned leave with the vacation and sick leave you have currently accrued, then you will be unpaid. 

I took 11 weeks and used sick leave and vacation, so I got paid during that time, but when I returned I had almost no vacation or sick leave left. This was especially difficult because it was July 2020 and daycare quarantines were constant. SO FUN.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

I love how Austin and Joy can show they are partners without holding hands!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

Eww Sun speculating on if Joy was pregnant because she wore a baggy jumper on Thanksgiving 🤮

• Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 1

Joy wore above the knee dresses the other 2 days she was there. It may be her style now.

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, PinkGreyBrown said:

From previous discussions it had sounded like Josh would most likely end up in a federal penitentiary (or portion thereof) dedicated to sex offenders & others needing to be kept in protective custody / away from general population (convicted former law enforcement, I guess, maybe), & would be interacting with that population.

Great, other monsters so they can normalize this more for each other, trade stories, and tips on how to do it better next time.  Awesome.

1 hour ago, Antimony said:

McCandless reported that the defense has four, one of which "has knowledge of the car lot" but it's unclear to me if that's Caleb or Jed(!). I think the Defense called Caleb but nobodys 100% sure - that's just my lean. 

Caleb Williams?!  He's on the witness list?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Can you link or post a screen shot?  If not I'll try to find it, thanks.

Hidden due to crimes committed by offender

7 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

She’s requesting anonymity. I will not be releasing her Facebook name, which I assume is a pseudonym anyway

Fair enough  I wondered if it was common knowledge as it was leaked. I dont blame her tbh.

• Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, gustava said:

I think Arkansas is one hour later than on the east coast.

We're an hour earlier than the east coast.  (not that I'm in AR, but same time zone.)

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

We're an hour earlier than the east coast.  (not that I'm in AR, but same time zone.)

Jeez o pete!  Laughing because as many times as I've driven cross country, I still don't get it right🤣

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Many employers fall under the FMLA which gives 12 weeks unpaid. 6 weeks is what most doctors will recommend and what most companies disability insurance will pay for. If you have a complicated birth that can go up at that time is about physical recovery not child-rearing

My company's disability plan will max out at 8 weeks if the birth involved a c-section.  If a woman has complications from delivery, I think that might be considered a separate disability at some point if that disability went past the 6 or 8 weeks.

Most women I know prepare to take up the full 12 weeks without the additional disability pay.  Some never return at all because 12 weeks isn't enough with a newborn, especially if they have other little kids and your job is not guaranteed if you stay out longer. You'll probably be terminated. 

It's criminal, really. And now women can look forward to forced births when Roe v. Wade is abolished soon. The American right - not unlike the fundies we know - really hate women. 

• Upvote 25
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 3

Gosh, this reminds me of a conversation with my neighbour who is from a different country. She said that she thought it was insane that women in my European country start their career first and then have kids afterwards because she thought it would be horrific to go back to work when you have an infant. I totally agree with her and think her country does it better: college, marry, have kids, then start career. 

So, I was actually thinking more about the fact that babies do not sleep through the night for a long time and really are not meant to be separated from their mothers at such young ages more than anything. Crazy how both sides of the political divide over there have tried to bring in guaranteed paid maternity leave over there, yet it never happens.

Sending virtual hugs to all the suffering sleep deprived new mamas on here. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 7

With my first c-section I went back to work after five weeks.

With my second c-section and then brain surgery a month later I was able to afford 8. 

So yeah, parental leave in the United States is horrible.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 8

I haven't been on here for quite some time but like many others the trial has brought me back, because I just get the best updates and comments here. And very sorry if this shouldn't be asked here but I used to use a very convenient app to access FJ but can't find or remember it. Would anybody mind helping me out? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Knight of Ni said:

With my first c-section I went back to work after five weeks.

With my second c-section and then brain surgery a month later I was able to afford 8. 

So yeah, parental leave in the United States is horrible.

Yeah, my mother got six weeks for her first child too. The thing is though that was freakin' 1975! By the time she had her last child in the mid 80s women got six months.

1 minute ago, Jaeniduggar said:

I haven't been on here for quite some time but like many others the trial has brought me back, because I just get the best updates and comments here. And very sorry if this shouldn't be asked here but I used to use a very convenient app to access FJ but can't find or remember it. Would anybody mind helping me out? 

I think it's tap-a-talk

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Emma said:

Prisoners are given photocopies of letters that are written to them because some people soak the paper in drugs as a way of getting drugs to people in prison. Some of the ridiculous rules are to prevent illegal stuff from being smuggled in. That is why you can’t send books yourself, they must come directly from the publisher. Probably why it took that week to send underwear. 

All these rules are utter bullshit and shit companies claim happen so they can charge out the ass for scanning. Drugs come in from guards more than anything else. It's a crock. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic