IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 41: Will the Rebers Continue their B&B for Child Predators After the Trial?

HerNameIsBuffy

12 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

It depends a lot - some women are able to get more, but six weeks is standard for most workplaces, I think. Someone here probably knows the exact federal requirements. Below a certain number of employess there's no paid leave required at all. It depends a ton on where you work. 

And why six weeks? I suspect that it's almost entirely due to the fact daycare facilities can't take babies younger than six weeks. 

ETA Holidays, sick leave, and vacation - I work for a small business and get one holiday day each for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Independence Day. I get 10 paid vacation days (and I've been here 15 years.) No sick leave.

There are zero federal requirements for ANY paid leave, regardless of size of employer. There are also zero federal requirements for ANY paid medical disability or sick leave.

A few states offer paid maternity leave. My state offers both paid disability and paid family leave. So most women will qualify for up to 4 weeks prior to delivery/ 6 weeks after medical disability. Plus 6? weeks Paid Medical Family leave (might be a few more or less-it’s been a bit). The father could also take the paid family leave. The paid Family leave applies to businesses with over 50 employees. some women get kind of screwed out of it though-teachers in particular have a different system

But this is very unusual for states. I think there are 3? that mandate/provide any sort of paid leave system. For anything.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 5

35 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Someone leaked the poster on FW’s connections to the Duggar’s so she will not be giving updates 😫. She may do an AMA having the trial has concluded. 

bummer. 

Hmmm, sounds more like a way to try to save face after it was pretty well proven that they were posting things that never happened in court on Friday.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 10

According to The Sun, Jessa, Jed and James were in attendance today. I thought witnesses weren't allowed to attend?

With Jessa being in attendance I'm wondering if today is the day Jill will testify. I expect it's a bit far for Jinger to travel, even if she'd wanted to attend.

Edited by FrumperedCat
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Jaeniduggar said:

I haven't been on here for quite some time but like many others the trial has brought me back, because I just get the best updates and comments here. And very sorry if this shouldn't be asked here but I used to use a very convenient app to access FJ but can't find or remember it. Would anybody mind helping me out? 

Was that tapa?  I hate it, but a lot of people use it.  Search Tapa Talk and see if that's what you remember.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Jaeniduggar said:

I haven't been on here for quite some time but like many others the trial has brought me back, because I just get the best updates and comments here. And very sorry if this shouldn't be asked here but I used to use a very convenient app to access FJ but can't find or remember it. Would anybody mind helping me out? 

Most likely Tapatalk. If you use it please make sure it doesn't automatically add it's signature to your posts.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Many European countries do not have guaranteed paid sick leave. In my country most jobs do, but I did not, and they do not legally have to pay you when you are off sick.  My boss paid me anyhow but my contract stipulated that he did not have to. So while you would have to take a *lot* of sick days to be fired, maternity leave is standard for everyone. It's just that some companies pay for your maternity leave while other companies hand it over to the government to pay. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

According to The Sun, Jessa, Jed and James were in attendance today. I thought witnesses weren't allowed to attend?

I wonder if the Sun saw them walking into the building together, and then Jed split off to go to wherever witnesses go. It doesn't necessarily mean that Jed's in the courtroom at the moment.

Edited by metheglyn
re-read the news blurb
  • Upvote 17

McCandless: 

A close family friend took the witness stand and testified that Josh Duggar confessed to molesting minor girls in 2003. Prosecution rests. Defense has begun calling their witnesses. Brief article will be up on http://KNWA.com soon.

It sounds like Jill will not have to testify.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 12

2 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

James was one of Jill's buddies.  Maybe coming to support his real mom if she is on the stand today.  

• Upvote 15

3 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

Maybe the prosecution decided not to call him.  I read somewhere that the prosecution is suppose to rest their case today and defense to start tomorrow.  Its nice to see the kids showing up to support Jill.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

James was one of Jill's buddies.  Maybe coming to support his real mom if she is on the stand today.  

Isn't James the only brother who came to one of her kids' birthday parties this year? I wonder if that was breaking a Duggar house rule. 

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

But also according to the Sun Jessa is in “high spirits” chatting with Anna, Joy is visibly distressed. This is the weirdest f*ing family.  

• Upvote 35
  • I Agree 14

Joy has been there for several days, and is fully aware of what she is about to hear. Jessa thinks it's just a fun outing.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Please tell me the others aren't showing up not because the defense is up to bat.  JB not wanting them to hear the prosecution but be there to hear all the (bullshit) reasons why it couldn't be him is very on brand.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Someone leaked the poster on FW’s connections to the Duggar’s so she will not be giving updates 😫. She may do an AMA having the trial has concluded. 

bummer. 

The person knowing the family supports the theory that the reason that no one else reported testimony by Bobbye taking place on Friday is because this person had insider knowledge that they shared thinking she would testify instead of what was actually happening. 

• Upvote 9

Ugh, I wish I could just fast-forward to the verdict.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 18

From The Sun:

PROSECUTION CALLS CLINT BRANHAM

This morning, prosecutor Dustin Roberts called Clint Branham, who is a technical cyber security worker.

He said he and Josh Duggar ran in the same circles and that they would discuss technology and politics.

He described Josh as "more advanced" than an average tech user, and that he thought Josh would be comfortable installing his own computer programs.

(This would seem to squash the Defense's "ah shuck, Josh is just a Stoopid homeskool Mac-user" defense.)

• Upvote 22
  • Thank You 18
  • Love 2

I know originally the plan was only to use the molestation if Josh claimed to be a good man.  It could be that the prosecution has many witnesses there to rebut any defence things.

After defence, prosecution get another go and can bring in more witnesses, depending on what the defence said.  That would be the context the molestation would be used.  The molestation doesn't prove Josh downloaded CSAM and thus isn't part of the initial prosecution.  It does however prove Josh isn't a good honourable person and has done things before and so can be used if the defence go there.  Any witnesses would still be on the same witness list, even if there is uncertainty if they'll be used.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9

3 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Calvin Klein or knock off copy?

20211206_165032.jpg

Nice spot! "Buy used and save the difference"? 😂😂😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic