IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

1 hour ago, Celtic Roots said:

Ken began his business when there were few female orthodontists. Now they comprise half, if not more, of the graduating classes. There are also many more female orthodontic consultants as well. I imagine this shift has been felt in his practice, especially if anyone has seen his wife's online pronouncements.

It is interesting as well, that separate from the doctors of orthodontia -- the large majority of employees of orthodontic as well as dental practices are women.  There are tons of "group pictures' of Ken visiting numerous practices online, and bar FAR all of the employees are women. Even in his son's practice in NY -- his associate is a woman and all his staff are women.   So the Alexanders have made their living off the toil of women.   Just too ironic giving Lori's focus on women shouldn't work outside of the home. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

Spoiler

1013E3E5-191C-4E9D-8071-A5511A8EAF23.jpeg.a69c1734f6cd99f0fdd5d36627592466.jpeg

I don’t know about any of you, but I’ve never felt “reverence” for a boss. And, really, I have never worked to “serve” them. In my profession we serve the needs of our students. In other professions, I assume it’s clients or customers. What exactly does Lori think is going on in the average workplace? We don’t all live in the imagination of the people that wrote Mad Men. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 12

51 minutes ago, louisa05 said:
  Hide contents

I don’t know about any of you, but I’ve never felt “reverence” for a boss. And, really, I have never worked to “serve” them. In my profession we serve the needs of our students. In other professions, I assume it’s clients or customers. What exactly does Lori think is going on in the average workplace? We don’t all live in the imagination of the people that wrote Mad Men. 

I read that and thought back to the bosses I used to work for before I became a SAHM. Reverence them? Hahahahahahaha. No. I didn't always even 'obey' them. If I saw or thought of a better way to do something, I either pointed it out or just did it my way without saying anything. Can't recall ever having a problem with my bosses over that, all they cared about was that the job was done. And at the end of each week, I picked up my paycheck and went home. I didn't live for my job; it was retail, very low level management, so not quite the high-powered office career Lori seems to think every working woman goes to every day. I was more concerned with taking care of my customers and the employees below my level than I ever was with 'reverencing' and 'obeying' my bosses. Lori is an idiot.

Reverence. Obey. Come to think of it, I don't even reverence my husband, and I certainly don't obey him. Respect him? Yes. Honor him? Of course. But we're equals. I reverence and obey God, as does he, but we take care of each other. Been doing it for over 35 years now, but I guess we've been doing it wrong. 🙄

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Lori would have been shocked at me yesterday. After a day of repeated equipment malfunctions I finally gave up and went home. As I was leaving I checked in with the boss to let him know what was going on. And after being asked repeatedly all day "why is it not working?" I finally couldn't keep myself from answering with "If I knew that I'd stop it doing it." 

I wasn't sarcastic about it, but damn. All freaking day long - "why is the machine doing that?" Like hell if I know! You think I'd not fix it if I knew what the problem was?

I definitely did not reverence the boss, or anyone else. I didn't "obey" either, because I'm sure he would have prefered me stay longer and finish the job that was running rather than finishing it this morning. 

I worked until nearly 7pm on Wednesday, and the last three days have had people in and out of my office all damn day attempting to "help" while making it impossible to get anything done. I'm not reverencing anybody. I'm putting in my hours, getting as much done as possible, and going the heck home. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

Lori makes a big jump in logic and says outlawing abortion will results in lower unemployment (for men, of course)

Her progression on Twitter:

If abortion was completely outlawed in America: people would think twice before fornicating; mothers would birth their babies; more babies to adopt; larger families; couples would consider marriage; mothers would more likely stay home; less women in workforce; more men have jobs.

• Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 3

With her "wasted" college education, Lori cannot even write a grammatically coherent tweet. As far as her logic that "people would think twice before fornicating," I have no words for the depth of her lack of understanding of basic human nature.

I guess she thinks men have for years  been desperately seeking such jobs as orthodontic/dental assistants, administrative assistants, and pre-school and elementary  teachers but have lost out to those pesky feminists. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Lori makes a big jump in logic and says outlawing abortion will results in lower unemployment (for men, of course)

If abortion was completely outlawed in America: people would think twice before fornicating; mothers would birth their babies; more babies to adopt; larger families; couples would consider marriage; mothers would more likely stay home; less women in workforce; more men have jobs.

I am positive Lori was one of those performatively pure girls who in actuality did everything but actual intercourse. She knows better, she's just a shit stirrer.

More likely what would happen is the same thing that happened last time it was outlawed. Desperate women would take risks, try to cause their own abortions, and go to back alley clinics. On top of that, women who need treatment for a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy would be afraid to get that treatment, because frankly the proper treatment for those is basically a type of abortion. 

Women would die, babies would die, families would get poorer, children would be hungrier, and kids would end up in riskier child care situations. 

Not to lay it all on men, but Lori should know from her incel audience that abortion will have no effect whatsoever on many men. Incels will still feel entitled to sex. Men will still want sex. People will always be people. Some will be responsible, some won't. It will mostly still fall on women to deal with the fallout.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I am positive Lori was one of those performatively pure girls who in actuality did everything but actual intercourse.

This X 1000!!!!

• Upvote 7

54 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Not to lay it all on men, but Lori should know from her incel audience that abortion will have no effect whatsoever on many men. Incels will still feel entitled to sex. Men will still want sex. People will always be people. Some will be responsible, some won't. It will mostly still fall on women to deal with the fallout.

I have been single for years and I'm even less interested in a relationship now.  I don't want to have sex again until menopause (I'm already in my mid-40s) with the way the way the country is going these days.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I am positive Lori was one of those performatively pure girls who in actuality did everything but actual intercourse.

she basically says so in her book (I took one for the team and purchased both). She says she and her sisters were "technical virgins" and wish her mother/parents would have discussed more boundaries when she was a teen. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Getting rid of abortion will cure cancer and solve global warming, too!

I had to laugh at her latest post. Some male preacher assures women that housework won't demean them. (it might demean him, though, so he doesn't do any)

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

On 5/12/2022 at 2:37 PM, louisa05 said:
  Hide contents

I don’t revere my boss I respect my boss. Yes. I’ve had bosses I don’t respect, that’s why I don’t work for those particular people anymore. I serve my clients. Also, my work has to pay me. This means there’s a paper trail so all taxes are paid accordingly. This means I have a pay stub to prove what I made. I’m single and live alone so all that money is mine! My point is I’m not in a situation where my only job is to “reverence, serve, obey, love” a partner who could financially abuse me. I’m sure I’m all the things Lori detests. But I can’t for the life of me figure out how my single, live alone, gainfully employed, bachelorette lifestyle that I thoroughly enjoy is “a lie my culture promoted”. Actually I feel like it’s a choice a lot of women fought really, really hard for me to have access to. I learned this silly notion in a public school during a history class. Also something Lori would hate. 

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

she basically says so in her book (I took one for the team and purchased both). She says she and her sisters were "technical virgins" and wish her mother/parents would have discussed more boundaries when she was a teen. 

I know what this means, but it makes me think of the movie “Mean Girls”

”I was half a virgin when I met him”

Regina George

• Upvote 7

On 4/26/2022 at 12:47 PM, Alisamer said:

'm not saying Ken is a catch, but I think if he was mingling at a golf club or something he could pick up a divorcee a bit younger than him ready to travel and enjoy wine tastings

I don't entirely disagree with you, but I think Kenny boy's well into the Qanon rabble these days. I think he fell for Trump hard and it's why Lori is so much more political than she once was. 

• Upvote 5

I love my boss. He's the faculty's greatest cheerleader and always keeps things positive. Do I 'revere' him? Nope. Where I teach, it's a pretty egalitarian environment in the faculty/admin arena. 

I also live alone now and I really kinda like it. I'm not living "a lie that culture promoted". I'm living a "shit happens" life. I can't imagine what would have happened if I didn't have the ability to make a living. I was fortunate that my husband was a 100% disabled veteran which entitled me to certain benefits so I would never be completely destitute, but that ain't enough to live on. Thank God I have the education and experience to start a new career where the joke is that they will take me out of school "feet first". My boss told me I have a job as long as I want it because trying to find someone else with my experience who wants to take on high school kids is like trying to find hen's teeth.

Lori and Kenny-boy deserve each other, they're both crazy as bedbugs. 

• Upvote 10

On 5/13/2022 at 8:44 PM, fluffy said:

I don't entirely disagree with you, but I think Kenny boy's well into the Qanon rabble these days. I think he fell for Trump hard and it's why Lori is so much more political than she once was. 

100 agree with this. In fact both Lori and Kent hated Trump until they loved Trump. If you do a search of Trump on her blog there’s a post from Ken From a few years ago  listing the readons why Trump would be awful and he’s not godly and how a lot of Christians are fooled by him. I don’t think she’s deleted it I’ll go back and look. But he felt pretty strongly that Trump was a charlatan of course until they loved him.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

I think because Lori and Ken don’t know about good boundaries it’s hard for them to conceive a woman having good boundaries with other men.  But it also reflects on their view of relationships as being transactional as opposed to romantically intimate. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

22 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I think because Lori and Ken don’t know about good boundaries it’s hard for them to conceive a woman having good boundaries with other men.  But it also reflects on their view of relationships as being transactional as opposed to romantically intimate. 

They've also steeped themselves in purity culture which tells them that every man wants to have sex with every woman who walks by him and has no self control over that. So clearly, the best way to prevent rampant adultery is for women to stay out of the workplace. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

They've also steeped themselves in purity culture which tells them that every man wants to have sex with every woman who walks by him and has no self control over that. So clearly, the best way to prevent rampant adultery is for women to stay out of the workplace. 

I was just talking with a coworker today about purity culture and it’s impact on people being familiar with consent and respect. That combined with the huge amounts of guilt and shame that come with sexuality and gender. Purity culture is a large part on why it’s only now at 29 that I’m getting a grasp on my sexuality. 

Anyways, what you just mentioned reminds me of my role as a therapist. Somehow since my early 20’s I’ve managed to work with a wide variety of people of different sexualities and genders and not once have I initiated a romantic/sexual relationship or even thought about it. Have there been people that I’ve met that made me think “if we met in different circumstances we would have been friends”?Yes there has and hell I even had a client that I’m pretty sure wanted to set me up with her son lol. I’ve also been hit on by men. But I understand boundaries and ethics which is often clearly lacking in the Christian realm. 

• Upvote 11

Oh gosh...she has another book coming out, I'm sure it's just a weird compilation of her most "viral" posts and how she is right about everything.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Oh gosh...she has another book coming out, I'm sure it's just a weird compilation of her most "viral" posts and how she is right about everything.

Is that the one compiling all her handwritten notes she used to post?

I do have one nice thing to say about Lori - she has good handwriting. 

Everything else about her sucks, though. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

Newsflash. .. white supremacy and misogyny are not sins. From Lori's post today:

For Beth, the greatest sin seems to be white supremacy, patriarchy, and misogyny. This seems to be the only sins she points out. None of them are sins in the Bible. White supremacy and misogyny aren’t even mentioned.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:37 PM, SunnySide said:

I know what this means, but it makes me think of the movie “Mean Girls”

”I was half a virgin when I met him”

Or from Derry Girls

"Now I can lose the rest of my virginity!"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Newsflash. .. white supremacy and misogyny are not sins. From Lori's post today:

Yeah, it never occurs to Lori that those things fall under one of the two greatest commandments, loving your neighbor as yourself.  You can't hate a person due to their gender or race, and at the same time love them as you love yourself.

That's too much for Lori to grasp, i guess.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Also, while I'm sure oppression based on race was a definite thing in Biblical times, they wouldn't have called it white supremacy, I wouldn't think.

I mean, most of the heroes and writers and everyone else in the Bible weren't white!

Maybe the Romans or whoever brought in some people who were whiteish, but most of the people were middle eastern and Jewish.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

From my family’s cult favorite movie, Fatso, an exchange between Dom (Dom DeLuise) and Lydia (Candice Azzara)—

Dom: “Are you a virgin?”

Lydia: “Almost!”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic