IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

So today's food comparison was just too striking not to share. Lori and Ken are babysitting their son Ryan's kids this weekend, and Lori posted a picture of the uber healthy and slightly unusual lunch she prepared for the four young kids. It included half a plate of vegetables, one slice of bread "Slathered in butter" (you knew it was coming), a wedge of sheep's milk cheese, and one sardine. I'm not maligning this healthy dish, but you know it's kind of weird for little kids. Anyway, Lori crowed that the children ate every single bite. It's totally the kind of post she excels in. She comes across an alien.  

As a coincidence, I happened to check instagram and Lori's other daughter-in-law (who fortunately lives far away from Lori and seems like pleasant person who puts her children in school and shares they love it) posted a sweet picture of her son eating an ice cream cone and wrote that he was enjoying time with HER parents. I just had to laugh. One set of grandkids is stuck with sardines (and Lori) and one gets the seemingly loving and normal grandparents who treat children to ice cream. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

I thought it odd for children too, but if she hadn't identified that grey-brown ....... thing....... as a sardine I never would have known, Sardines look like tiny fish, a least every one I've ever seen.  The grey-brown thing looked like cat food to me. 

I suspect the children ate every bite because 1) They were hungry (we all know about Lori's portion control obsession) and 2) They were afraid not to.  I'm sure Grandma Lori still has the thick stiff leather strap she used to discipline disobedient children years ago..  Why change tactics now.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Ryan’s kids have been “trained” to eat as they are told since infancy.  

Remember the story about him forcing Emma to eat when she wasn’t hungey and then making her cry on the blanket when she wanted to try her parents’ food? i’m sure they have learned to force down food at Grandma’s house whether they like it or not. 

Also, Emma is the one who Lori mocked and shamed for “losing it” when she missed her parents and when she saw the others walking away from her on a walk with Ken and Lori. I think it is awful that Ryan and his wife leave their kids with Lori. Erin seems to be really working hard on her jewelry business (based on IG posts]; so, I wonder of she leaves the kids with her and Ken quite a bit. 

Those poor children. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

On 5/21/2022 at 4:22 PM, fluffy said:

Lori crowed that the children ate every single bite.

"I'll take things that never happened for $1000, Alex."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

"I'll take things that never happened for $1000, Alex."

Oh, I think they did. I would have as a kid.  We were trained - much like these kids, that if it was put in front of you, you ate it or there were physical consequences.  Leather strap, or back handed out of your chair or whatever.  You just shut up and shoveled it in and then announced how wonderful it was.  And thank you.  If you are trained this way from a very young age - as these kids seem to have been - then you would do it.  The concequences were worse than the nasty taste in your mouth.     And yes, all my siblings and I have major food issues as adults, thank you very much!  

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 11
  • Love 9

This comment on the lunch post cracked me up. 

Spoiler

8447A42F-AF19-4C1E-B4A8-29A50C9BDEB1.jpeg.8c8e66a2ddee8d56bf29e8406fce5163.jpeg

Not that cooked food is always required but Lori doesn’t seem to serve cooked food often at all. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

I didn't see the pictures, but one sardine seems a bit odd. Either this is a huge sardine or this is some Maxwellian shit.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I didn't see the pictures, but one sardine seems a bit odd. Either this is a huge sardine or this is some Maxwellian shit.

It doesn’t even look like a sardine. And it’s one very small piece of cheese and the bread isn’t that big of a piece either. The older kids were probably starving. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Entry one of her daily wisdoms for biblical womanhood. 

“ dear ladies, remember to use the blue straw in your husband’s lemonade so he does not feel emasculated” 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 8

48 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

“ dear ladies, remember to use the blue straw in your husband’s lemonade so he does not feel emasculated” 

This is one of the stupidest things I ever read. It's amazingly stupid. She has too much time on her hands.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

That lunch actually looks like something I would fix myself for breakfast or lunch (or even dinner,  if I'm home alone and don't feel like cooking), but that bread would be slathered with HUMMUS. I do see how it would be inadequate for growing kids, though.

Also WTF on that lemonade post? I almost though the PP was joking, but I've learned that fundie ridiculousness means never having to say you're kidding.

Also, Lori, isn't lemonade a bit of a *feminine* drink? Give that manly man some straight whiskey! </ sarcasm mode >

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2022 at 7:22 PM, fluffy said:

So today's food comparison was just too striking not to share. Lori and Ken are babysitting their son Ryan's kids this weekend, and Lori posted a picture of the uber healthy and slightly unusual lunch she prepared for the four young kids. It included half a plate of vegetables, one slice of bread "Slathered in butter" (you knew it was coming), a wedge of sheep's milk cheese, and one sardine. I'm not maligning this healthy dish, but you know it's kind of weird for little kids. Anyway, Lori crowed that the children ate every single bite. It's totally the kind of post she excels in. She comes across an alien.  

As a coincidence, I happened to check instagram and Lori's other daughter-in-law (who fortunately lives far away from Lori and seems like pleasant person who puts her children in school and shares they love it) posted a sweet picture of her son eating an ice cream cone and wrote that he was enjoying time with HER parents. I just had to laugh. One set of grandkids is stuck with sardines (and Lori) and one gets the seemingly loving and normal grandparents who treat children to ice cream. 

22 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Um. My kids actually might eat that meal... and the ice cream. But we have a pretty varied diet, so they're used to different things ending up on their plate that they're expected to try. I find all of them cleaning their plate to be the weird part, though, and knowing Lori I assume the worst rather than that they all just happened to love it.

And seriously, one sardine is tiny, what the heck.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

That's gotta be the world's flimsiest masculinity if a straw color can destroy it.  And they let men run countries??

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

All the straws at my house are red.  Is red just dark pink?  Is it even more feminine that regular pink?

Have I emasculated Mr. Dress without knowing it?  OMG I must repent and promise to "transform."  Please no one tell him I committed this awful sin.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

This fucking bitch….

Texas has the most restrictive abortion laws and the most permissive gun laws. So this was definitely due to legal abortion. 

Spoiler

48507A91-E2BE-4BAC-9197-3898A09691C5.jpeg.36e8456323b24ca892254843ba3c02df.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Evil permeates that post, and it's name is Lori. 

Abortions don't kill already born people. Guns do!

But no, it's abortion. A "culture of death". Sure. From the woman who likely opposes abortion to save the life of the mother, even when it will 100% kill the fetus also.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Evil permeates that post, and it's name is Lori. 

Abortions don't kill already born people. Guns do!

But no, it's abortion. A "culture of death". Sure. From the woman who likely opposes abortion to save the life of the mother, even when it will 100% kill the fetus also.

No to abortions because it's not God's plan.  But mass shootings of children are God's plan?  I cannot with this woman.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

When the final ruling comes out from the SC this summer, abortion will be very limited or completely banned in 50 percent of the US. I wonder what her excuse will be then for mass shootings. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Miranda said:

When the final ruling comes out from the SC this summer, abortion will be very limited or completely banned in 50 percent of the US. I wonder what her excuse will be then for mass shootings. 

Feminism. If the Uvalde shooter had a stay at home wife and some kids (at age 18!), he would have been content. One of Lori’s followers explained: 

Spoiler

62257376-D40B-4892-9951-ABAD33CFDC77.thumb.jpeg.3e069cfe721fa60451bcc9c89d3bdf52.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 5

My son has been working on a project for civics about roe v wade.  I didn’t  know that up until the late 19th century abortion was legal and it was only outlawed because doctors were losing money due to competition from midwives.  It was legal up until the 4th month and most abortions were done via meds sent by mail. 2 million babies a year, that’s a lot.  

Lori paints the picture of pre feminism women cherishing their roles at home and wanting nothing more than to be home with a lot of kids.  I think she believes it.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 5/29/2022 at 9:37 PM, louisa05 said:

Feminism. If the Uvalde shooter had a stay at home wife and some kids (at age 18!), he would have been content. One of Lori’s followers explained: 

Hide contents

62257376-D40B-4892-9951-ABAD33CFDC77.thumb.jpeg.3e069cfe721fa60451bcc9c89d3bdf52.jpeg

"Young men are biologically hardwired to become violent, deadly, or suicidal when they don't have jobs or marriage."

Really? And WHO is it that "biologically hardwired" them that way? Has to be God, right?

Why? Why in the world would God's "perfect plan" include young men committing mass killings if they don't get laid on a regular basis (within marriage, of course)? What sort of God would set things up that way, so that slightly more than half the population (women outnumber men slightly, in many areas) would be subjugated to the rest of them, whether they wanted to be or not? Or else they and their children and random people will become targets of young men full of rage? 

And if things did turn out that way, why not change things?

That's one of the main things that gets me. Fundies are always all "oh, God needs that and God has to have this..." and I am like. He's GOD. Who makes the rules for God? If everyone is God's precious beloved child, then why in the universe would He set it up so the majority of his children burn in eternal agony? None of what they makes sense if you believe God actually is omnipotent. 

God wants everyone to go to heaven and worship him forever, right? So why set up all these difficult hoops to jump through? Why only speak to or send wisdom to certain groups in certain areas? Why let there be a hell in the first place? They make God sound like a wimpy picky kid who can never be pleased.

19 hours ago, Fallgirl30 said:

My son has been working on a project for civics about roe v wade.  I didn’t  know that up until the late 19th century abortion was legal and it was only outlawed because doctors were losing money due to competition from midwives.  It was legal up until the 4th month and most abortions were done via meds sent by mail. 2 million babies a year, that’s a lot.  

I need to look it back up, but I remember reading ages ago that when childbirth first became medicalized and was taken out of the hands of midwives, infant and mother mortality went WAY up. Midwives back in Lori's precious times gone by knew how to safely deliver a baby. They also knew how to safely acquire an abortion. You can even see ads in old papers with language about medicines for women "laboring with the suppression of their natural illness" or to "remove even the most obstinate obstruction" or to "cure a disease particular to women". Those were abortion medicines. They talked about bringing on a missed period sometimes, but the reason the period was missed was pregnancy. Even into ancient times - tansy, pennyroyal - people knew which herbs to use to "get their cycle back on track" so to speak. 

There have been abortions as long as there have been humans. Possibly even before that. There haven't been mass shootings due to abortion. Mass shootings occur due to availability of guns able to kill tons of people in seconds. 

Who is Lori's humper with the reticule? The one apparently stuck in 1875? Perhaps she can talk about some of those wonder medicines available by mail order, for when your period just stubbornly would not start on time?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, Alisamer said:

You can even see ads in old papers with language about medicines for women "laboring with the suppression of their natural illness" or to "remove even the most obstinate obstruction" or to "cure a disease particular to women". Those were abortion medicines. They talked about bringing on a missed period sometimes, but the reason the period was missed was pregnancy. Even into ancient times - tansy, pennyroyal - people knew which herbs to use to "get their cycle back on track" so to speak. 

That reminds me of the ads for Lysol in the early-mid 20th century touting it for “feminine hygiene”(which was often a carefully coded term for contraception).

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, smittykins said:

That reminds me of the ads for Lysol in the early-mid 20th century touting it for “feminine hygiene”(which was often a carefully coded term for contraception).

I used to read those ads in old magazines (I collect women's mags from the 30s through the 60s) and my lady bits would just cringe at the very idea of using Lysol as a feminine hygiene product. I never realised until recently what it was also used for. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

This may be an unpopular opinion but I hate when people lie in their reviews of Lori's books on Amazon.  I have no problem with people leaving their impressions of Lori in general based on her other public statements, social media sites, blogs, even if they haven't read/purchased her most recent book. 

but there is a "review" that she is using now that she rightly points out is false. The reviewer says "I just read the book from cover to cover and...." and then goes on to trash the book/Lori's views.   I'm not saying what the "reviewer" said about Lori wasn't true, but to obviously lie that they purchased/read the book (Amazon doesn't call them a Verified Purchase) and the book wasn't even available a day yet when they left the review just doesn't sit right with me. Like Lori, I highly doubt they read the book. 

When people obviously lie like this, it just elevates Lori more and gives her more ammunition to say all the negative reviews are false/trolls/she is persecuted, etc.  I'm NOT saying people must buy the book to give an honest assessment of Lori in general, but they should be honest e.g. "I haven't read this newest book, however, I have followed Lori for years and find her to be X, Y.Z"

I had left reviews of her previous two books and actually purchased so I could give my assessment as a verified purchasers" of them. I  READ them with an open mind (even knowing what to expect) and giving both book HONEST NEGATIVE REVIEWS.

But when someone says they already read the book cover to cover and the timing was impossible, it doesn't help any of us who have legit concerns with the way Lori runs her ministry, misinterprets scripture, misleads women. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic