IGNORED

Erin & Chad 8: Hasbro Paine, Cleveland Paine, Labour Paine

nelliebelle1197

Hopefully Brooklyn just isn’t a smiley child, and hopefully Erin doesn’t push her to be that way.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Is it possible there is some friction between Chad and Erin and the rest of the Bates connected with his father no longer being on the IBLP board?

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I didn't realize that one of Erin's children wears glasses.

That picture makes me uncomfortable that Erin posted it. I might be way off base but it almost feels like a Jill Rodrigues posting, with everyone in the family looking great except for one child. 

Everly appears to have just gotten glasses in the past week.  She only started wearing them since the baby was born. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

10 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Is it possible there is some friction between Chad and Erin and the rest of the Bates connected with his father no longer being on the IBLP board?

I'd love to know what happened with that.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

ISB: the split is because Erin is so enmeshed in her form of 'christianity' and as others have mentioned, she no longer feels that Carlin and Whitney are 'christian' enough for her and her family.

I believe there was some hard feelings over the boutique either being workload and/or modesty, but, like many things, family and business/money are NOT a good mix!

• Upvote 11

5 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

How recent is that change?

No one is sure. 

• Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Smoochie said:

ISB: the split is because Erin is so enmeshed in her form of 'christianity' and as others have mentioned, she no longer feels that Carlin and Whitney are 'christian' enough for her and her family.

I struggle with this because she has become closer to Josie and I mean if Whitney and Carlin are too mainstream then you would think Josie would be as well. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I struggle with this because she has become closer to Josie and I mean if Whitney and Carlin are too mainstream then you would think Josie would be as well. 

Maybe Erin can overlook Josie being too mainstream because they are not business partners. At the boutique Whitney, Carlin, and Erin had to make decisions as to what merchandise they would sell. That would become complicated and contentious if C&W had the same vision, and Erin wanted very modest clothing. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

No one is sure. 

Looking at the Internet Archive, you can see that Dr. Paine disappears from the Board of Directors page sometime between the web captures of  March 2020 and August 2020: https://web.archive.org/web/20200331214652/https://iblp.org/about-iblp/corporate-information/board-directors 

The March 2020 page: https://web.archive.org/web/20200331214652/https://iblp.org/about-iblp/corporate-information/board-directors 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 11

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Looking at the Internet Archive, you can see that Dr. Paine disappears from the Board of Directors page sometime between the web captures of  March 2020 and August 2020: https://web.archive.org/web/20200331214652/https://iblp.org/about-iblp/corporate-information/board-directors 

The March 2020 page: https://web.archive.org/web/20200331214652/https://iblp.org/about-iblp/corporate-information/board-directors 

Those were the very beginning days of the pandemic so people probably were too busy paying attention to Covid to notice the change right away. He is a doctor right? I wonder if he’s anti vax. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

That's the kind of FJ sleuthing I miss!  Thanks!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

I don’t think the family picture is like the Rodrigues family. I hate to play the “at least” game but Chad and Erin seem to care about their kids’ health. Everly is a small child wearing glasses while Olivia is a squinty 10-year-old. They also let Brook be herself rather than force fake smiles like their kids are bred to perform only. Granted, they do have their kids perform for YT videos.

My 6yo failed his eye exam in the fall and his follow up appointment was last week. His vision is fine now but the doctor told me what to look for, and squinting was one of the signs. It made me think of Olivia.

He also broke out in hives recently due to a reaction to a new medicine. I still lose sleep worrying over his breathing at night whenever he has an allergic or asthmatic episode. For that reason I couldn’t imagine reacting like David did when his young daughter had hives. He acted like it was an inconvenience meant to annoy him like she could control it!

Edited by BensAllergies
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, BensAllergies said:

I don’t think the family picture is like the Rodrigues family. I hate to play the “at least” game but Chad and Erin seem to care about their kids’ health. Everly is a small child wearing glasses while Olivia is a squinty 10-year-old. They also let Brook be herself rather than force fake smiles like their kids are bred to perform only. Granted, they do have their kids perform for YT videos.

My 6yo failed his eye exam in the fall and his follow up appointment was last week. His vision is fine now but the doctor told me what to look for, and squinting was one of the signs. It made me think of Olivia.

He also broke out in hives recently due to a reaction to a new medicine. I still lose sleep worrying over his breathing at night whenever he has an allergic or asthmatic episode. For that reason I couldn’t imagine reacting like David did when his young daughter had hives. He acted like it was an inconvenience meant to annoy him like she could control it!

And Erin really minimizes how much the kids appear in her YouTube, most of it is her talking to the audience. Even the homeschool one, it was msotly get explaining what she did, and some clips of the kids. Obviously she is still profiting off her children but it doesn't seem like she is making them follow q script. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

On 2/1/2022 at 5:49 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m glad Brook seems to have sass. I hope she doesn’t lose it either. 

I agree! Get that girl to a real school.

I also think the pic of Brookie is super cute and seems to be intentionally overdramatic -it's not Erin shaming her by posting it, she's intentionally making a ridiculous face. I could also totally see Carson being mellow but finding Brooklyn's antics funny, and so Brook saying quietly "Hey Carson, watch this!" and doing something ridiculous that Carson never would, but that he finds hysterical.

• Upvote 9

On 2/3/2022 at 7:47 PM, BensAllergies said:

Just an anecdote: I walked past the optician, and a boy in the doorway, looking like 7 or 8, was having a complete meltdown, screaming and crying, all-round miserable. As I walked past, I heard the dad say "It's not my fault you don't need glasses!" Kid was having a meltdown because he didn't need glasses. I couldn't help but laugh. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 17
  • Love 8

I have critisized Erin for playing favourites with Carson. But I don't think she posted the screaming-Brooklyn picture in order to shame her. I think that Erin really found it funny. In addition, the picture is more relatable and attracts more comments than a perfectly posed one, so it works if Erin was trying to get more views.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I have critisized Erin for playing favourites with Carson. But I don't think she posted the screaming-Brooklyn picture in order to shame her. I think that Erin really found it funny. In addition, the picture is more relatable and attracts more comments than a perfectly posed one, so it works if Erin was trying to get more views.

It's hilarious.  If that were my family of origin I'd definitely have been the screaming kid and would have that framed in my house to this day.  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

On 2/3/2022 at 11:47 AM, BensAllergies said:

Everly is a small child wearing glasses while Olivia is a squinty 10-year-old.

Of course, I don't know the Paines and they don't know me. But I'm still a bit worried about Everly and her eyes!

My kids have all had severe myopia (and other eye issues) throughout their lives. I was a SAHM and with them all the time. Nonetheless, I had no idea they had vision issues till their school had routine eye exams for everyone.

Small children adapt very well and it can be hard to tell when they need glasses. They don't complain much about their vision, they just accept it. They are generally pretty clumsy anyway, so it's hard to spot a vision-related clumsiness. And Everly can't read, she's unlikely to say "You can read that sign from here? It's all blurry to me."

For Everly to need glasses at age *three*, something must have been quite noticeably and obviously wrong. 

It's also pretty hard to get an accurate eye exam on a child. They aren't the best reporters. I had my 5-year old get totally different prescriptions a week apart, and she was a pretty steady and reliable child.  That's another reason eye docs will wait on glasses unless they are really needed.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Of course, I don't know the Paines and they don't know me. But I'm still a bit worried about Everly and her eyes!

My kids have all had severe myopia (and other eye issues) throughout their lives. I was a SAHM and with them all the time. Nonetheless, I had no idea they had vision issues till their school had routine eye exams for everyone.

Small children adapt very well and it can be hard to tell when they need glasses. They don't complain much about their vision, they just accept it. They are generally pretty clumsy anyway, so it's hard to spot a vision-related clumsiness. And Everly can't read, she's unlikely to say "You can read that sign from here? It's all blurry to me."

For Everly to need glasses at age *three*, something must have been quite noticeably and obviously wrong. 

It's also pretty hard to get an accurate eye exam on a child. They aren't the best reporters. I had my 5-year old get totally different prescriptions a week apart, and she was a pretty steady and reliable child.  That's another reason eye docs will wait on glasses unless they are really needed.

Erin’s babies are all born around 35 weeks (per her recent video) and that is still premature and premature babies can have eye problems. My girl was born at 33 weeks and had seen an eye doctor regularly since 2 because she was higher risk to develop eye problems . Given that all of Erin’s babies were early, it doesn’t surprise me that at least one has some kind of minor issue.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 3

Prematurity is not necessarily the risk factor for eye problems, it’s the therapies that many premature babies require, mainly oxygen, witch damages eyes. So preterm babies can have undeveloped lungs which then requires breathing assistance, including supplement oxygen, which can scar lung tissue and blood vessels in the eyes. Also, periods of hypoxia (decreased oxygen level) can cause constriction of blood vessels leading to further issues with the eyes. The more premature a baby is born, the bigger chance of damage occurring. Usually by 32 weeks lungs are developed sufficiently to avoid these issues. In addition, the use of steroids pre delivery can help, if there is enough time to give these drugs before the baby is born. None of Erin’s kids were born early enough for these issues to generally be a problem or concern.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 6

49 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Prematurity is not necessarily the risk factor for eye problems, it’s the therapies that many premature babies require, mainly oxygen, witch damages eyes. So preterm babies can have undeveloped lungs which then requires breathing assistance, including supplement oxygen, which can scar lung tissue and blood vessels in the eyes. Also, periods of hypoxia (decreased oxygen level) can cause constriction of blood vessels leading to further issues with the eyes. The more premature a baby is born, the bigger chance of damage occurring. Usually by 32 weeks lungs are developed sufficiently to avoid these issues. In addition, the use of steroids pre delivery can help, if there is enough time to give these drugs before the baby is born. None of Erin’s kids were born early enough for these issues to generally be a problem or concern.

Oh interesting as I said, my daughter was born at 33 (almost 334 weeks) and was never at risk of lung issues or on oxygen but was still considered high risk for eye issues.

I was given steroids pre-delivery and it was mentioned in Erin's birth video that she is given steroids pre-delivery with each of her kids, so I guess that would help. I was just thinking that because of increased risk they might have caught the eye issues earlier as I know with my daughter she was monitored more as a precaution. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Preemies and eyeproblems: 

I think it also helps, that they have different methods of ventilating (is that the right word?) the babies if they are premature and don't always need to put them on quite as much oxygene as they used to. 

My eye doctor says the number of preemies with severe eye problems is significantly lower than it used to be. (Former 29 weeker here, born 1984, was on 100% Oxygene for the first 3 weeks or so after birth, which damaged my eyes petty badly.. Right eye blind, left eye 4 - 5 % vision,  but otherwise no medical issus, so I count myself very lucky :) )

• Upvote 3
  • Love 9

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic