IGNORED

Erin & Chad 8: Hasbro Paine, Cleveland Paine, Labour Paine

nelliebelle1197

My kids are 9 and 7 and the memory eraser never happened. I remember quite well how horrible it was. Of course I remember how darn cute they were too. But my brain remembers the horrible times so much better than the good ones. Which sucks. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 8

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My kids are 9 and 7 and the memory eraser never happened. I remember quite well how horrible it was. Of course I remember how darn cute they were too. But my brain remembers the horrible times so much better than the good ones. Which sucks. 

I'm with you there. I am not someone who does well with lack of sleep, and the first years were so incredibly hard. And then it took me a few more years to get back to a proper sleep routine, because they would still occasionally wake at night and I couldn't shed the habit of listening for noises from their room right away. Sleep deprivation is the number one reason why I stopped at two kids.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

7 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I'm with you there. I am not someone who does well with lack of sleep, and the first years were so incredibly hard. And then it took me a few more years to get back to a proper sleep routine, because they would still occasionally wake at night and I couldn't shed the habit of listening for noises from their room right away. Sleep deprivation is the number one reason why I stopped at two kids.

My kids were great sleepers very early.  The longest one only took 10 days to sleep in 6 hour stretches at night...fed him all day to make up for it but was worth it.

I blame them for the false sense of security making me think parenthood was pretty easy.  Then one by one they all turned two and the rails fell off!  😂

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

My kids were great sleepers very early.  The longest one only took 10 days to sleep in 6 hour stretches at night...fed him all day to make up for it but was worth it.

I blame them for the false sense of security making me think parenthood was pretty easy.  Then one by one they all turned two and the rails fell off!  😂

Mine too, but #1 never, ever napped in our home. At daycare? Sure…at home NEVER! #2 was the easiest baby on the planet. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

@SassyPants Mine naps at daycare but will only nap at home if she can’t fight it anymore and even then only on people or on a stroller ride. Doesn’t sleep at night either. Why will the little turkeys nap for daycare but not their moms?! 🤣

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

@SassyPants Mine naps at daycare but will only nap at home if she can’t fight it anymore and even then only on people or on a stroller ride. Doesn’t sleep at night either. Why will the little turkeys nap for daycare but not their moms?! 🤣

Group pressure. If all the other children nap they are more likely to go along. 
I try to save myself with the urban myth that very intelligent babies/children need less sleep. It’s very probably not true at all, but a little lie I repeat in my head to cope with the sleep deprivation 😇

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

55 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Group pressure. If all the other children nap they are more likely to go along. 
I try to save myself with the urban myth that very intelligent babies/children need less sleep. It’s very probably not true at all, but a little lie I repeat in my head to cope with the sleep deprivation 😇

Mine were mostly horrible sleepers, and turned out pretty smart adults - so I’ll let them know this. 😀 urban legend ego boost

• Upvote 5

I actually remember having a very difficult time napping at daycare and the babysitter’s. They expected me to nap at age 3 and 4 and it was just impossible for me. I was always the first to wake up in the morning as a kid. I didn’t need as much sleep. And now my oldest is the same way.  I stopped trying to get my kids to nap at age 2. It was just getting too hard so I gave up. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

My daughter, just turned 1 (sob), naps horribly at daycare and consistently on a 2 nap schedule at home.  We were home for a week after she had a covid exposure at daycare and OF COURSE gave us all a cold and she napped twice daily like a perfect angel.  Back to one 30-60 minute nap as soon as she returned.  She's a nosy little thing, though.

And my memory eraser is incredible.  I have been known to say "oh, labor wasn't that bad" and my husband reminds me that I was crying because they turned up my pitocin too fast.  I guess I vaguely remember that, but not as much as my sweet-smelling, snuggly little bundle who wouldn't sleep unless I was holding her for 3 months.  I only vaguely remember that part, too.

• Upvote 6

I wonder if there is a rift due to Covid.  After Erin had so many health issues with long Covid, perhaps she & Chad decided to get vaccinated and the rest of the extended family did not. 

4 minutes ago, PurpleCats said:

I wonder if there is a rift due to Covid.  After Erin had so many health issues with long Covid, perhaps she & Chad decided to get vaccinated and the rest of the extended family did not. 

I doubt it. Erin has had no problems travelling while pregnant to no mask events. And I doubt her family would care if she was vaccinated if she didn't push them to (I still think Lawson is secretly vaccinated). 

I think the rift has to do with her pulling back and priortizing her little family. Not being the go-to planner or volunteering Chad for a million jobs. Wanting out of the boutique, etc. 

There is also defintirly a feud with Carlin an Erin because Carlin has not posted about meeting Finley despite her and Erin being the amongst the few family members who stayed in town this week. Michael posted about stopping into see her. Josie got back last night and stopped in today to see Erin. We know Kelly went to the hospital.

• Upvote 12

10 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think the rift has to do with her pulling back and priortizing her little family. Not being the go-to planner or volunteering Chad for a million jobs. Wanting out of the boutique, etc. 

I think so, too, especially after her various health issues in the past year or so in addition to looking after her family.  She's no doubt had to rely heavily on Chad during these times and I wonder if those obvious priorities didn't go over with the family who wanted her and Chad to carry on as usual.   

• Upvote 4

I’m not a fan of Erin’s, but I definitely think she should prioritize her family of 7 over her extended family. Her children need her way more than anyone else in the family needs her. Plus gil and Kelly were always asking Chad to do things for them. Chad needs to have time for his own family. Not Gil and Kelly’s list of stuff they can do themselves. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not a fan of Erin’s, but I definitely think she should prioritize her family of 7 over her extended family. Her children need her way more than anyone else in the family needs her. Plus gil and Kelly were always asking Chad to do things for them. Chad needs to have time for his own family. Not Gil and Kelly’s list of stuff they can do themselves. 

I hate that they over use their in-laws, Chad building and doing everything, Kelton's plumbing, Evan electrical skills. Brandon's art skills, John's never there but they could use his air conditioning skills. Bobby's kind of useless, so are Whitney, Esther and Tiffany, But Lydia ( if she marries in) will become the family photographer.

• Upvote 5

My husband works in IT so my parents ask him questions about computers or their cable set up. My husband doesn’t mind. If it started to get in the way of our family life, we would put a stop to it. But luckily it’s only here and there. It’s not a constant thing. I could imagine it being a constant thing with Gil and Kelly.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My husband works in IT so my parents ask him questions about computers or their cable set up. My husband doesn’t mind. If it started to get in the way of our family life, we would put a stop to it. But luckily it’s only here and there. It’s not a constant thing. I could imagine it being a constant thing with Gil and Kelly.

This was an issue for a family member who worked in IT.   Constant calls on problems and demands to come over and fix whatever.  It stopped only because his son went into IT so the son became the go-to person.   Not the best solution IMHO but it was the reason why I didn't advertise the field I work in....IT.    To this day, these family members don't know what I do for a living.  

I can see Gil and Kelly making constant demands and just expecting it no matter what.  I wouldn't be surprised they kept that up while Erin was dealing with all her health issues, Chad had to look after her and the kids while she was not feeling well but that didn't stop Gil/Kelly/family from making their requests or demands.    Perhaps it opened Erin's eyes a bit to her family's grifting ways.  

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

This was an issue for a family member who worked in IT.   Constant calls on problems and demands to come over and fix whatever.  It stopped only because his son went into IT so the son became the go-to person.   Not the best solution IMHO but it was the reason why I didn't advertise the field I work in....IT.    To this day, these family members don't know what I do for a living.  

I can see Gil and Kelly making constant demands and just expecting it no matter what.  I wouldn't be surprised they kept that up while Erin was dealing with all her health issues, Chad had to look after her and the kids while she was not feeling well but that didn't stop Gil/Kelly/family from making their requests or demands.    Perhaps it opened Erin's eyes a bit to her family's grifting ways.  

I'm in IT but thankfully my family group is small and very considerate.  They ask when they need something and I'm happy to help, but they won't ask if I do it for free so for any significant amount of time they force payment on me.  Once payment came with a tiara, and really...shouldn't all payments come with tiaras?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'm in IT but thankfully my family group is small and very considerate.  They ask when they need something and I'm happy to help, but they won't ask if I do it for free so for any significant amount of time they force payment on me.  Once payment came with a tiara, and really...shouldn't all payments come with tiaras?

Perhaps if the family members were the type to pay with tiaras I might have reconsidered my stance.  I would have had a big collection by now. 

Yes, I admit it.......I can be bought.  

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Everyone is smiling except Brooklyn. It’s been obvious for awhile Brooklyn is her least favorite. 

I’ve seen a couple of references to Erin displaying blatant favoritism with her kids, and I’m genuinely curious because I haven’t followed the Bates as closely as other fundies. What evidence have you seen of this?

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, LookieLoo said:

I’ve seen a couple of references to Erin displaying blatant favoritism with her kids, and I’m genuinely curious because I haven’t followed the Bates as closely as other fundies. What evidence have you seen of this?

It was way back when she just had Carson and Brook. She would gush about Carson being so great and her best friend. And Brook has her own mind and personality and Erin doesn’t seem to like it.

• Upvote 5

43 minutes ago, LookieLoo said:

She once had Carson come to a girls only trip, she said she had to take him because he is her best friend and she would miss him too much. She had 3 kids at the the time and she also had the baby there because she was nursing. But she left Brooklyn home.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2

Was it Tori who was scolding Brooklyn and holding her up as that "bad child" at one point when she was doing some homeschooling for Erin?  Am I wildly misremembering that this occurred?

• Upvote 9

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It was way back when she just had Carson and Brook. She would gush about Carson being so great and her best friend. And Brook has her own mind and personality and Erin doesn’t seem to like it.

Which I find funny because Holland defintirly Seems just as strong willed..there is even a pic from Nathan's wedding of Holland sitting at the piano with Erin with a big grin on her face and it seemed like she had followed her mom up there. But Holland was the one that Erin thought might be her last baby, so she might be more tolerant. 

• Upvote 4

I didn't realize that one of Erin's children wears glasses.

That picture makes me uncomfortable that Erin posted it. I might be way off base but it almost feels like a Jill Rodrigues posting, with everyone in the family looking great except for one child. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic