IGNORED

Erin & Chad 8: Hasbro Paine, Cleveland Paine, Labour Paine

nelliebelle1197

47 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I never noticed that rushing creek right beyond their yard. I hope they always watch those kids when are playing in the yard. 5 little kids and a creek that abuts their main, unfenced, play area, yikes. This is an accident waiting to happen.

I agree. Let’s hope they never have an incident like the one Jana was cited for. Where a toddler wondered off and no one notices until a cop shows up at your door. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I never noticed that rushing creek right beyond their yard. I hope they always watch those kids when are playing in the yard. 5 little kids and a creek that abuts their main, unfenced, play area, yikes. This is an accident waiting to happen.

Growing up, my godparent's had a huge land with a creek and because it was the late 80s/early 90s we were allowed unsupervised from around 6 and it was drilled into us not to go in the creek and honestly, we were only semi-good about listening and just lucky tragedy never struck. 

My children are far better behaved than I was though. They never leave the yard and generally listen to my instructions, so maybe I was just a bratty child but I do think creeks and children can be very dangerous. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I didn’t realize that Erin and Chad were working together on renovation projects. Today they posted a video to their joint SM acct of a bedroom makeover they did in Tori’s home [for her boys]. It seems Erin does the design/decor and Chad makes it happen. Is this their family business? I know they also have the inspirational site, but are they actually working together in the design/construction business? Also, despite coloring difference, Erin and Tori look alike. I think it’s the shape of their faces.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I didn’t realize that Erin and Chad were working together on renovation projects. Today they posted a video to their joint SM acct of a bedroom makeover they did in Tori’s home [for her boys]. It seems Erin does the design/decor and Chad makes it happen. Is this their family business? I know they also have the inspirational site, but are they actually working together in the design/construction business? Also, despite coloring difference, Erin and Tori look alike. I think it’s the shape of their faces.

Erin has 5 little kids and homeschools. I guess she wanted to help with Tori's home decor, but I highly doubt she works with Chad.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think they have worked together a few times on projects like this but it is not a regular thing. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Maybe Tori & Bobby shouldn’t have anymore kids.  That room is so tiny. I wonder if Charlotte (that’s her name right?) has her own room.  
I didn’t mind the colors, but I didn’t understand hanging that giant shelf up the middle of the wall. It seems like a kid could bonk their head on one of the corners. I feel bad for the younger one who gets to sleep on a pullout trundle bed forever. I thought those were only for sleepovers/temporary. Chad should’ve made some bunkbeds. The kids would each have a permanent bed and then you could use the underneath for more storage bins. 

• Upvote 4

Erika Shupe has five daughters and one of them slept on a trundle bed for years. The bedroom was pretty small, too; hopefully she never got trodden on if one of her sisters had to get up in the night. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Erika Shupe has five daughters and one of them slept on a trundle bed for years. The bedroom was pretty small, too; hopefully she never got trodden on if one of her sisters had to get up in the night. 

Erika had twins sleeping in cribs in a closet (not an empty closet used as a room, but an actual full-of-clothes closet, and not big). I found it suffocating.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

. Chad should’ve made some bunkbeds. The kids would each have a permanent bed and then you could use the underneath for more storage bins. 

Kade is 3 and Kolter turned 2 this week. They are way too young for bunk beds. 

• Upvote 8

16 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Maybe Tori & Bobby shouldn’t have anymore kids.  That room is so tiny. I wonder if Charlotte (that’s her name right?) has her own room.  
I didn’t mind the colors, but I didn’t understand hanging that giant shelf up the middle of the wall. It seems like a kid could bonk their head on one of the corners. I feel bad for the younger one who gets to sleep on a pullout trundle bed forever. I thought those were only for sleepovers/temporary. Chad should’ve made some bunkbeds. The kids would each have a permanent bed and then you could use the underneath for more storage bins. 

Yes, I thought about this too. For a family that is part of a fertility culture, I question the logic in installing any permanent structures like wall units. Seems like a waste of time and materials when room configurations will constantly need to be changed to accommodate the newest blessing.

• Upvote 3

My kids have The KURA bed from IKEA. I think it would probably work for fundies when space is tight. I think a 3 year old could climb up to the top bunk pretty easily and the little one could sleep on the bottom bed. The top bunk has a built in panel to keep them from falling out. 

8B46DB60-54AE-41BA-A9D5-1A1A1820AC4A.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

My sis has a bunk bed for her boys with railings at the top and bottom bunks. Her 15 month old sleeps at the bottom and her newborn (born on monday 21st march) sleeps with her anyway. :) 

Just seeing my exhausted sister with the two of them makes me seriously wonder how fundies do it over nd over and over again....

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Didn't Alyssa Webster have Lexi in the top bunk of a bunk bed since she was 3 or 4?

A two-year old could certain sleep in a bottom bunk. I think Zoey Webster occupied the bottom bunk at age 3.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Forgot she had them back to back. I thought Kade was 5 or so. 

But don't most 2 year olds climb and jump off things?  Even if they could sleep in the bottom bunk, they often wake before parents wake and then they are in a space with a toy which probably needs supervision.  You'd keep an eye on them with similar sized climbing frames, and a many 2 year olds would view it as an opportunity.

• Upvote 3

@JermajestyDuggar I love that bunk bed!  Their site does recommend no kids under 6 in the top bunk, though.  My daughter is 14mo and has been climbing anything she can access since she started crawling.   She will probably love a bed like that one day and I really like how it's configured.  I think having two lofted beds would be great if you had kids sharing a room because you don't lose as much floor space for playing.  I mean, assuming you're not stacking kids like cordwood.

9 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Forgot she had them back to back. I thought Kade was 5 or so. 

Kade was 3 in November, Kolter turned 2 this week, Charlotte will be 1 in June and there is speculation that Tori is pregnant again. 

I have no issue with the trundle bed. My kids all have their own bed and generally prefer to all sleep in the same one. My middle son likes to keep his bed decorated with special things, his older brother couldn't care less. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Tori vs. Kendra: Fundie Fertility Showdown

Isn't Kendra also suspected to be pregnant again?

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

@JermajestyDuggar I love that bunk bed!  Their site does recommend no kids under 6 in the top bunk, though.  My daughter is 14mo and has been climbing anything she can access since she started crawling.   She will probably love a bed like that one day and I really like how it's configured.  I think having two lofted beds would be great if you had kids sharing a room because you don't lose as much floor space for playing.  I mean, assuming you're not stacking kids like cordwood.

Uh oh! We are rulebreakers 😉 my older son used it since he was around 4. He’s always been a very careful kid. The only time he’s had stitches was my fault. I fell down the stairs and knocked him over on my way down. He rarely gets hurt though. Now I’ve probably jinxed myself. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Isn't Kendra also suspected to be pregnant again?

Screenshots from the wedding yesterday suggest she's pregnant and reasonably far along. Poor girl--I can't imagine the exhaustion. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Uh oh! We are rulebreakers 😉 my older son used it since he was around 4. He’s always been a very careful kid. The only time he’s had stitches was my fault. I fell down the stairs and knocked him over on my way down. He rarely gets hurt though. Now I’ve probably jinxed myself. 

I think it depends on the kid. I could see some four year olds being okay with a bunk bed. I would not trust my six year old with a bunk bed. He is way too impulsive!

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

Kade was 3 in November, Kolter turned 2 this week, Charlotte will be 1 in June and there is speculation that Tori is pregnant again. 

I have no issue with the trundle bed. My kids all have their own bed and generally prefer to all sleep in the same one. My middle son likes to keep his bed decorated with special things, his older brother couldn't care less. 

I also don't see an issue with the trundle bed. My granddaughters had one when they were little. So they could have a day bed in their room and still have room to sleep at night. I don't remember any feelings that one had their own bed and the other did not. Or even that the beds were allocated.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ali said:

I think it depends on the kid. I could see some four year olds being okay with a bunk bed. I would not trust my six year old with a bunk bed. He is way too impulsive!

My oldest was naturally so athletic, strong, and balanced even as a toddler learning to walk. It was crazy. My husband didn’t realize it was abnormal and thought our second was just a total klutz in comparison. No our second was much more normal as a toddler learning to walk. He fell all the time. But he was also tough as hell. I say my oldest is physically hurt so easily because he isn’t used to it. He rarely got hurt as a toddler so now if he bumps his head or leg, he acts like it’s the worst pain ever. He’s just not used to getting hurt and shaking it off. His younger brother definitely is. 

• Upvote 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic