IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 21: 53 Standing Ovations and I Move to Brentwood!

nelliebelle1197

14 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

One of the biggest problems I had was trying to figure out if any of our friends were interviewed!! I would never publicly guess of course!

We know Delaney’s mom was here and the podcaster was really critical of the edit the parents received. I did not realize how bad the parents could come off to people who had not seen the pain her mom was in and who did not know  just how devious the RF was in recruiting her. I am actually thinking of tweeting him about her just so he understands just how bad it was for the family!

I hadn't thought of that, probably because I was watching it through lens of already knowing how bad things were. But I can see how it could make the parents look bad saying they wouldn't attend the wedding if Gwen was the minister for those who don't know more than what the documentary showed. 

I think there is so much and by trying to cram in as much information as they could they somehow managed to create a documentary that people could watch without fully grasping how evil the organization is. It is still good but it isn't drawing in the amount of people I expected it too.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 11/14/2021 at 12:10 AM, RFsurvivor said:

When I was a member they would have the ushers go aisle by aisle and a big tray that held tiny little cups of wine along with a tray of communion bread would be passed as well. There were multiple trays and the ushers started spread out so that it would be passed out efficiently. This was not the catholic wafer, but more of a cookie/shortbread textured piece of unleavened bread. If you went and found the recipes that Remnant shares for Passover, you would find the recipe that they use. 

Damn. I was SURE it would be Fritos.

They're biblical, you know.

(It sounds very similar to what my non-fundie Baptist church does except we use grape juice. One of the ladies in the church makes the communion bread and it's like you describe. A previous church used pieces of saltine cracker. Once they got some of the actual wafers and they tasted and had the texture of styrofoam, I thought.)

It's interesting that they seem not to have done the traditional communion verses that most churches I've been in use. My church uses the King James version of those verses for communion though we use a different translation for everything else. 

I had visions of the church passing around a single party bag of Fritos and tiny cups of Diet Coke, with Gwen reading the verses with her own additions - "this is my body, take it and eat... if you have "the growl." If you had breakfast this morning just lick off the salt and throw the chip away. Savor this communion, it is our joining with God. And it's your lunch. I better not see you in any restaurants after this." complete with pointed looks at people she thinks need to lose weight, as they dig in the bottom of the Frito bag to get just a crumb, since Gwen frowned at the long curly frito they were happy to have found first. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

While we're criticizing the doc, I'll just leave this here. 

Not saying his wife wasn't a Gwen copycat, but worth noting that there may have been other reasons she left, namely the doc's favorite hick soundbyte being a woman beater. And his sons that were apparently so supportive of him now have full control of his ranch and are trying to set the story straight-and neither one are RF members 

3C17C720-D8DC-4598-9380-BAD0C6901EBC.jpeg

2B6931DD-108D-48C6-8DD5-21C04DDD0644.jpeg

A16E8FA7-4983-4BCB-8614-CD8719A9CD2A.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

20 minutes ago, nomenclature said:

Not saying his wife wasn't a Gwen copycat, but worth noting that there may have been other reasons she left, namely the doc's favorite hick soundbyte being a woman beater. And his sons that were apparently so supportive of him now have full control of his ranch and are trying to set the story straight-and neither one are RF members 

That is a pretty significant thing to leave out. The documentary made it seem like one of the reasons his wife left is because Joe wanted the ranch. I wonder how true any of this man’s claims are regarding his life leaving. And it should have made it clear his sons got the ranch. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

When they only have a small amount of episodes and a short amount of viewers’ attention spans, it makes sense to do things they way they did, even though I sometimes wished they could have had more screentime to do things differently. They teased the fatal plane crash at the beginning but left it until the end where it belongs. They focused on some major points of interest that would likely grab the attention of the largest number of people, and went through those points in chronological order: how a diet became a cult with extreme beliefs, the Smith murder, Gwen’s divorce scandal, the Lara child custody fight, and then the fatal plane crash. The parents of Delaney were sort of woven in throughout the documentary, and I liked how at the beginning of the documentary their story was used to show how people can get sucked into the cult and alienated from their family members, and how at the end of the documentary their story unfortunately gave viewers a sense of the same unsatisfying resolution that a lot of family members and ex-members probably have.

While a lot of the other clips were not in chronological order, I felt they were generally being used to support whatever major point the documentary was trying to make at that time, so their place in the order of the documentary made sense to me. For instance, they peppered the theological commentators throughout to discuss whatever topic was currently at hand. They interviewed the ex-youth members during the Smith abuse/murder segment. They interviewed “Sarah,” Rachel, Gina, the woman whose husband and Tedd Anger wouldnt allow her to take her psychiatric medications, etc. during the parts about women being trapped in marriages, Gwen’s divorce scandal, and Gwen’s dirty child custody fight tactics. So while a lot of the shorter interviews werent chronological, I thought they at least fit in as best as possible. 

One problem was that even though things were generally put in fitting spots, there was just no chance that it wasn’t going to feel confusing and disjointed to a lot of people. It’s thirty years in three episodes! And there was no narrator to periodically summarize things for the audience or create flowing transitions between topics. 

Another problem is that certain topics that I thought were really interesting and important (some of which I previously detailed) are just not feasible to explain to a naive audience without adding another episode or two, which would presumably be a huge cost in terms of both money and time. So while I understand why they cant really be delved into, I did feel that their absence hurt the documentary to some degree. 

Overall, I think the documentary serves an important purpose to throw Gwen’s endless lies about Remnant’s many scandals straight into the faces of the current members. And it serves as a good conversation starter (but not nearly the complete story) for exposing Remnant to the general public. It’s by no means perfectly comprehensive or cohesive, but with only three episodes, how could it possibly be?

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 11/14/2021 at 11:31 AM, ManyGoats said:

Maybe it held the transmitter God used to speak directly to her. 😉

Priceless statement 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, nomenclature said:

So I’m curious what your source is? When I looked online and found where it looks like you got that screenshot from, it was an unofficial website that ends in .net. I did a bit of digging on .gov sites to see if I could find his record online. I personally couldn’t find anything on the .gov sites related to him including the felony offenders database or abuse registry. Could provide a valid source to establish the credibility of your claim?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

22 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

So I’m curious what your source is? When I looked online and found where it looks like you got that screenshot from, it was an unofficial website that ends in .net. I did a bit of digging on .gov sites to see if I could find his record online. I personally couldn’t find anything on the .gov sites related to him including the felony offenders database or abuse registry. Could provide a valid source to establish the credibility of your claim?

Indeed, excellent questions. We’ve had plenty of folks here pull up legitimate court documents, dossiers etc in relation to claims of crimes of individuals involved with RF.  I expect the same in this situation. 

Side Note: Given the oddly specific verbiage, age of the account and nature of the situation, I’m taking nomenclature’s words with a heavy grain of salt. I wouldn’t be surprised if this were another RF/3rd party Psyops attempt. 

*sips tea*

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

@RFsurvivor I checked the TN dept of corrections for an arrest or incarceration and nothing popped up. Will keep digging.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

Well the evidence isn't faked if that's what you're asking-I don't have enough tech savvy to doctor his sons' social media activity as well as photoshop him onto a mug shot. I knew his history and wanted to draw attention to his lack of credibility. As a domestic abuse survivor it frustrated me that he was given a platform via the documentary to lie and gaslight his ex wife AND his family, whether or not RF was responsible or HOW responsible they were, HE ended his marriage through his violence and I just wanted the truth out there! I will do my best to find more official records, but I didn't know a .net webpage wasn't credible. So does that mean all the other names and rap sheets on there are fake? Or just not as credible? 

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, nomenclature said:

Well the evidence isn't faked if that's what you're asking-I don't have enough tech savvy to doctor his sons' social media activity as well as photoshop him onto a mug shot. I knew his history and wanted to draw attention to his lack of credibility. As a domestic abuse survivor it frustrated me that he was given a platform via the documentary to lie and gaslight his ex wife AND his family, whether or not RF was responsible or HOW responsible they were, HE ended his marriage through his violence and I just wanted the truth out there! I will do my best to find more official records, but I didn't know a .net webpage wasn't credible. So does that mean all the other names and rap sheets on there are fake? Or just not as credible? 

I do think that it would be a bit much to fake an entire website like that, but where did you get this information. I cannot find  the FB post or anything else about his arrest. If you want to be a bit more credible you will have to at least say where you got stuff. Because while you may not have those skills, other people do. 
Can you show where his sons are trying to set the record straight or that they now own the ranch?

ETA: the fastest way to know a cult member trying to fool us from a non cult member is if the person is willing to criticize Gwen. As an abuse survivor I’m sure you have a lot of critical things to say about her abusive child beating teachings. If you can’t say criticize Gwen at all or if you vanish you will be revealed as a cult member. Only a cult member would defend the things Gwen said regarding hitting children. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

57 minutes ago, nomenclature said:

Well the evidence isn't faked if that's what you're asking-I don't have enough tech savvy to doctor his sons' social media activity as well as photoshop him onto a mug shot.

1. No, that was not what I was asking. Let me reiterate in simple terms; we simply request more evidence moving forward that supports your claim(s). I’m sure you wouldn’t mind seeing as you claim to seek the “truth” to support these very serious accusations.

2. You claim that you are not “tech tech savvy enough to doctor his sons’ social media activity as well as photoshop him into a mugshot”. Once again, I do not assumes or claims this, however I find this statement…odd.

I will do my best to find more official records, but I didn't know a .net webpage wasn't credible.

3. We dug deeper into the domain, it’s purpose and the type of data it extracts to generate its database, in conjunction with looking up official .gov databases to find any trace of a case, charge or report (we came up short on this). Keeping that in mind, the aforementioned / referenced site that has this mugshot utilizes…shady methods of extraction and aggregate data collection. It’s flawed, prone to misinformation, hence why we inquired about more evidence.

So does that mean all the other names and rap sheets on there are fake? Or just not as credible? 

4. No. No one said this or claimed this. Our initial assessment based off of personal experience and knowledge. For example, I work for several gov agencies as a cybersecurity professional and have done so for quite some time now. I specialize in many fields that involve red team / blue team R&D scenarios, cyber law, etc. With that being said, sites such as the one you extracted this mugshot from are host to false or incomplete data produced or aggregated from insecure, broken and incomplete databases is a lot more common that people think.

5. Once again I reiterate, if you can provide more proof to your claim, that would be much appreciated by not only myself, but to many here on this form who value proven fact over fiction. 

Side Note: Your RF verbiage and speech patterns are showing.

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
English hard, it’s past my bedtime.
  • Upvote 13

6 hours ago, nomenclature said:

This again doesn't seem to be an official source. I can't even see a picture on that. Again, the quick and easy way to prove to us that you aren't a cult member trying to seed distrust of the documentary is to just be willing to speak critically of Gwen/RF. You not wanting to do so says a great deal more about these supposed claims than any obscure website information you can produce. These websites are notorious for not being completelt reliable. So without an official source and with it coming from a potential cult member with an agenda, I'm going to have to say this isn't believable. 

At this point I've done a deep dive and can't find a thing an official arrest or about his sons trying to set the story straight or anything else about him being arrested for domestic violence. His son has a post up praising his dad. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

I think it’s also important to remember that  being arrested doesn’t mean you were convicted of a crime. Having a mugshot does not mean you are guilty because our legal system in the US is based on innocent until proven guilty. 

While I never knew him or his family when I was a member, I believe it is important to provide accurate data especially when accusing a person of something as bad as domestic abuse. I have no personal knowledge one way or another regarding DV and Mr Beene, but like I said before, source validity is important. 

As @RFSurvivor_2 pointed out, none of us were accusing you of providing fake data, I was simply asking for data from a reputable source. 

• Upvote 16

One thing that I did learn during this rabbit chase that I was probably sent on my RF is that these websites often post pictures and information of innocent people and the point of them is to get people to pay huge amounts of money to get the stuff taken down. They aren't really sites to provide reliable arrest information, they are shady scams.  And just because someone is arrested for something doesn't actually mean they did it. So information from these sites shouldn't be trusted unless it can be backed up with a more official source. 

According to public records his sons don't own the ranch some LLC in Brentwood does. Booma LLC, does anyone know anything about that company?

Anyway, I got to remember to check posters past posts.  

• Upvote 14

50 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

One thing that I did learn during this rabbit chase that I was probably sent on my RF is that these websites often post pictures and information of innocent people and the point of them is to get people to pay huge amounts of money to get the stuff taken down. They aren't really sites to provide reliable arrest information, they are shady scams.  And just because someone is arrested for something doesn't actually mean they did it. So information from these sites shouldn't be trusted unless it can be backed up with a more official source. 

According to public records his sons don't own the ranch some LLC in Brentwood does. Booma LLC, does anyone know anything about that company?

Anyway, I got to remember to check posters past posts.  

I think the poster is probably an RF member who has sent people on a 'rabbit chase'. Their only other post is one which defends Gwen's will not leaving any money to RF church.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

Just now, Laura2730 said:

I think the poster is probably an RF member who has sent people on a 'rabbit chase'. Their only other post is one which defends Gwen's will not leaving any money to RF church.

Oh I agree that they are likely a remnant member. Especially considering they keep ignoring @formergothardite’s comments about them denouncing Gwen. They seem willing to make accounts and lie about not being members either directly or indirectly, but they don’t seem to be able to denounce Gwen.

• Upvote 16

In my best Jeff Foxworth impressions:

If your church wants you to pretend you aren't a member and spread disinformation on a forum, you might be in a cult. 

If you can't say a single critical thing about your church leader or church, you might be in a cult. 

Just something to think about @nomenclature

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 1

Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord,
But those who deal faithfully are His delight.

Proverbs 12:22

You shall not steal, nor deal falsely, nor lie to one another.

Leviticus 19:11

A truthful witness saves lives,
But he who utters lies is treacherous.

Proverbs 14:25

At 14.03 Gwen says it's ok to lie for god's sake "I believe if God calls you to that you better protect Jerusalem. There are so many cases in here where people did that very thing to protect Jerusalem and so they were rewarded."

It's pretty clear from the above scriptural passages that God views lying as a sin.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

What @nomenclature seems to be missing is that something can be many things at once.

- The doc can be poorly edited but also valuable

- Bob Beene can be arrested for DV but also a victim

-  The Martins can be awful and manipulative people who helped to harm thousands but also victims of Gwen’s shenanigans 

- Gwen can be an awful person whose teachings are cultish and terrifying but also mentally ill with a dead squirrel grafted to her head instead of hair. 

You know, nuance.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 15
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

21 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I hadn't thought of that, probably because I was watching it through lens of already knowing how bad things were. But I can see how it could make the parents look bad saying they wouldn't attend the wedding if Gwen was the minister for those who don't know more than what the documentary showed. 

Ooh, that's an excellent point I did not think about either coming from the lens of knowing more detail than average. Some context there definitely would have been good.

• Upvote 10

A repeat YCO video was posted for the Wednesday service. No introduction, closing, or music from the present.

Boy, David Martin sure was into fashion..... or something. I never saw anyone else dressed like he was.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic