IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 21: 53 Standing Ovations and I Move to Brentwood!

nelliebelle1197

That Greed Exposure class was filmed a few years ago, but the irony of the things she said is still valid. I remember all of the excitement surrounding it and how Gwen was supposedly this genius because she had figured out how to free people from their financial woes. Of course, she couldn't resist getting a dig in about overeating...

Edited by freefromthin
daggone fat finger typing
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Lol.

New Sus account is Sus.

When I saw that poster's response I immediately thought of this clip from Sweet Home Alabama. :D

I also looked at when the account was created and thought, oh look Bob (or new person in his role) is back! :562479585e46e_32(19):

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

Phil Williams we want to know what Joe's salary was and his job title.

I hope he at least kept the money he got from that "job" separate and had a will naming his own daughter as beneficiary.  For as much as that poor child had to go through (not to mention the expense her mother endured fighting Joe and Gwen's bogus custody dispute) it would be nice if she received something.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

I don't know anything about economics but I'm sure someone here does. Is there any chance that she inadvertantly did RF (or rather those of us who would like to see it dismantled) a favor by not leaving them anything? Will her absence cause the cash flow to slow down? Any chance they'll run out of money? What do you financial experts foresee?

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, nomenclature said:

Playing devil's advocate here..seems pretty distasteful to pick apart someone's will and do an entire news piece on it. Seems like it's just adding to Michael and Elizabeth's grief and putting blame on them for receiving an inheritance from the will, something that is out of their control

When you find yourself advocating for the devil it might be time to rethink your priorities. Just saying.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, nomenclature said:

Playing devil's advocate here..seems pretty distasteful to pick apart someone's will and do an entire news piece on it. Seems like it's just adding to Michael and Elizabeth's grief and putting blame on them for receiving an inheritance from the will, something that is out of their control

It's a news article, they aren't being forced to watch the piece. You are projecting a lot of emotions to the adult children. 

Wills of the rich or famous are often scrutinized. In this case, it is fitting since Gwen preached about charity and giving it all to God. But in Gwen's case it is all required for her followers but not her and her family or inner circle.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

And now I am wondering if Joe signed a prenup before getting married to Gwyn.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, FiveAcres said:

And now I am wondering if Joe signed a prenup before getting married to Gwyn.

Very good question?

• Upvote 6

Lol…sitting here apparently too stupid to redo my will after my divorce. For the opposite reason though. Not much to leave. It was a New Years resolution for this year to get it done, so I still have two months left!

Not sure why Gwen would owe anything to Joe’s daughter, legally or morally. They were not married that long and Joe should have had something set aside for her from his life prior to Gwen. In my opinion his daughter ended up inheriting a sum that was in line with her con man dad’s potential ….$0

Joe Lara has a lot to answer for.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Observer said:

Lol…sitting here apparently too stupid to redo my will after my divorce. For the opposite reason though. Not much to leave. It was a New Years resolution for this year to get it done, so I still have two months left!

Not sure why Gwen would owe anything to Joe’s daughter, legally or morally. They were not married that long and Joe should have had something set aside for her from his life prior to Gwen. In my opinion his daughter ended up inheriting a sum that was in line with her con man dad’s potential ….$0

Joe Lara has a lot to answer for.

In theory you are right. But if you are a multimillionaire and supposedly cared enough to help your command husband fight for custody to take the child away from her loving mother, the least you could do is make sure said child was provided for in some way.  It would be the kind and decent thing to do.  But of course, kindness and decency have never been words which described Gwen.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I don't know anything about economics but I'm sure someone here does. Is there any chance that she inadvertantly did RF (or rather those of us who would like to see it dismantled) a favor by not leaving them anything? Will her absence cause the cash flow to slow down? Any chance they'll run out of money? What do you financial experts foresee?

Gwen’s death is killing Remnant’s cash cow.  Nobody is replacing her weekly You Can Overcome “tv shows” as she liked to call them or the infamous “Life with Gwen & Joe” shows.  These were promotions for the Weigh Down classes and there has been no attempt to replace them with anything.  Who will lead the annual New Years pep rally for Weigh Down that Gwen had done for about the last five or so years?  All WD video production efforts have stopped.  Without new content posted to the WDTV App weekly you can bet they’ve lost many subscribers. Remnant without its “ministry” won’t look so slick.  Intermittent Fasting and Intuitive Eating have caught on, Gwen is gone and HBO has dropped a snare.  Remnant will soon learn what real churches deal with financially these days.

Edited by CRAnn
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

16 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

if you are a multimillionaire and supposedly cared enough to help your command husband fight for custody to take the child away from her loving mother, the least you could do is make sure said child was provided for in some way. 

Agree, however, from what little I know about Mama Natasha, the little one is going to be fine. I just hope Joe’s mother keeps her grubbing mitts out of the situation. Even if she tries, I don’t doubt that Natasha is more than ready for the fight. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

23 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Agree, however, from what little I know about Mama Natasha, the little one is going to be fine. I just hope Joe’s mother keeps her grubbing mitts out of the situation. Even if she tries, I don’t doubt that Natasha is more than ready for the fight. 

Is Joe's mother a member of Remnant?

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, CRAnn said:

Gwen’s death is killing Remnant’s cash cow.  Nobody is replacing her weekly You Can Overcome “tv shows” as she liked to call them or the infamous “Life with Gwen & Joe” shows.  These were promotions for the Weigh Down classes and there has been no attempt to replace them with anything.  Who will lead the annual New Years pep rally for Weigh Down that Gwen had done for about the last five or so years?  All WD video production efforts have stopped.  Without new content posted to the WDTV App weekly you can bet they’ve lost many subscribers. Remnant without its “ministry” won’t look so slick.  Intermittent Fasting and Intuitive Eating have caught on, Gwen is gone and HBO has dropped a snare.  Remnant will soon learn what real churches deal with financially these days.

I have also been wondering about this. The rallies were so import and were often hyped up as an opportunity for "returning Weigh Downers" to go "all-in" and "lose all their weight". I can't think of anyone that I've observed who would be able to pull that off. People would often ask questions via phone calls or the FB group and Gwen was the one who answered the questions. If not, she would often encourage WD staff to answer the questions, but they would simply read from one of her books or just paraphrase something that she had said over the years. I guess they COULD point people to where they can find the answers in her written materials or videos, or a class. It will definitely be an interesting development to watch...

• Upvote 6

OK tonight's show. The All Saints concert. If you didn't know that this is a cult you would think it was charming, until they play the music video Gwen wanted the youth band to film. So OK, these guys are wholesome and pretty talented.  Nice music, beautiful beach and then... a skinny older lady, in a little white dress with heavy make up and weird big hair starts dancing around with them. Bizarre. I don't know whether to laugh or gag.  This is very entertaining.

Elizabeth just spoke over the phone and boy is she mad!!  If I ever thought she was not like her mother, I take it back. OH, and she is working from 4am to midnight for the church!  Praise God!!!

Edited by Baxsmom
tonight's show is the gift that keeps on giving
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 13

1 hour ago, Baxsmom said:

OK tonight's show. The All Saints concert. If you didn't know that this is a cult you would think it was charming, until they play the music video Gwen wanted the youth band to film. So OK, these guys are wholesome and pretty talented.  Nice music, beautiful beach and then... a skinny older lady, in a little white dress with heavy make up and weird big hair starts dancing around with them. Bizarre. I don't know whether to laugh or gag.  This is very entertaining.

Elizabeth just spoke over the phone and boy is she mad!!  If I ever thought she was not like her mother, I take it back. OH, and she is working from 4am to midnight for the church!  Praise God!!!

Mad about the HBO Documentary?

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

Mad about the HBO Documentary?

Yes. She said that she is not going anywhere and for them to carry on. She also said that she was not going to be at church for a little bit because she was taking a break because people were trying to film her. She also accuses people of being obsessed with her family.

Of course she also maintains that everything that is being stated is a LIE. 

Wow.

2 hours ago, Baxsmom said:

Yes, I found this a little disturbing. The title of the song was, "Because of You", and they were singing about all of the changes that had occurred in their lives. Out comes Gwen...it almost seemed like they were singing to HER, but then they clarified it at the end by putting up something about all praises to the one true God, or something like that. It was disturbing.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

12 hours ago, freefromthin said:

She also said that she was not going to be at church for a little bit because she was taking a break because people were trying to film her. She also accuses people of being obsessed with her family.

She might be nervous about being confronted by reporters. 

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 9

On 10/28/2021 at 9:16 AM, CRAnn said:

Not to defend Gwen, but when you consider her clothing style in general and fall colors, I can imagine this dress may have been her way of saying she was not against the fall season.

I, too listened to this Halloween vs. All Hallows’ Eve sermon and have to admit it is one that resonates with me.  The history lesson may not be 100% accurate (I’ve read on here), but it sounds like it may be generally what happened to a religious holiday.  I know the Catholics in Mexico and maybe all of Central America still celebrate Dia de Los Muertos instead of Halloween and it’s second only to Christmas as their most important annual holiday celebration. But maybe even that has been changed and made different with secular influences.  It appears from this distance to be a mix of what was All Hallows’ Eve and Halloween.

Jusy sayin’….. this is the type of her messages that kept me listening over the years.  It’s like “some truth that resonates.”  Dangerous.

I am at my core naturally and essentially a progressive Christian.  But I was born and raised in a fundamentalist/evangelical Protestant arena and have been “lost” all my life because of the dichotomy.  Never fitting anywhere yet, always seeking.  

So back to Halloween or  All Hallows’ Eve vs. Saints Day or Dia de Los Muertos…. I attended a progressive UCC church this morning where the pastor discussed the history of these two traditions.  He said All Hallows’ Eve has Celtic origins that did not spread to the rest of Europe until people started regularly crossing the channel.  He said the Celts believed it was a time when the veil between this life and the afterlife was at its thinnest and when the spirits of dead loved ones might drop by to visit.  Hence the setting out of food for them in case they did so, but also the wearing of masks to scare off unknown spirits that might try to take over one’s body if they showed up at your house by mistake. The irony is in the fact that it was a late October holiday and so was All Saints Day for the early Christians. So eventually the two melded together to form Halloween and it lost some of its meaning over time, and added silliness that Gwen and others found/find distasteful.  But some Christians still celebrate All Saints Day like the Latin cultures with Dia De Los Muertos.  They clean up the dead family members graves, put special flowers that cost more than they can afford and sit down and have mass and eat “with” the dead and many more traditions I don’t know all about.  Theirs is a combination of the original All Saints Day and All Hallows’ Eve because it includes the dead ancestors, whereas the original Christian holiday was just for the church-agreed upon Saints/Martyrs. Very interesting stuff.  🍁🎃🍂🙏🏻

Edited by CRAnn
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

On 10/28/2021 at 7:34 AM, ManyGoats said:

Okay, I admit this is trivial and petty but I couldn't help but notice as I clicked through the Wednesday service. After some scripture recitation and songs from the kids, they replayed an old sermon Gwen gave about how bad Halloween is. Yet..... she's wearing what looks to me like Halloween colors.

image.png.3fdad01363925cc9ec148c989440ecf7.png

Halloween colors? This looks like a freakin Halloween costume!

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, GreenBeans said:

Halloween colors? This looks like a freakin Halloween costume!

Orange dress and black shoes? Yep. When I was a kid, Halloween colors were strictly orange and black. Nowadays I’ve noticed they are orange, black, green and purple. 

• Upvote 7

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Orange dress and black shoes? Yep. When I was a kid, Halloween colors were strictly orange and black. Nowadays I’ve noticed they are orange, black, green and purple. 

You just triggered a memory of those peanut butter kisses that were wrapped in either orange or black wax paper. I had a love hate relationship.

Edited by freefromthin
I switch letters around
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Off-topic except that it involves the name of this site. I thought you all might get a laugh out of this. I don't follow the Duggars so I had no idea that Jinger was a person. Not only that, I've been pronouncing the name to rhyme with 'ringer' and not like 'ginger.'

🙃😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic