IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 21: 53 Standing Ovations and I Move to Brentwood!

nelliebelle1197

1 minute ago, ManyGoats said:

Off-topic except that it involves the name of this site. I thought you all might get a laugh out of this. I don't follow the Duggars so I had no idea that Jinger was a person. Not only that, I've been pronouncing the name to rhyme with 'ringer' and not like 'ginger.'

🙃😂

I was the SAME way for a while, but at some point in the 20 threads about Gwen, someone explained it.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

After walking out of the Hubbard management based job last week, I immediately got another dental office interview. I asked them straight out if they used any Scientology consulting. They were very excited to meet me but silence on my important question. I asked again. Nothing. What do they have  to hide?  If you are going to be creepy, be proud of it!

With Remnant what are the signs that it is a cult (at first)?  You are almost completely defenseless agianst getting sucked in. They are all so shiny, bright and having FUN!   I am glad survivors are speaking out and the HBO doc is a good start.  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Baxsmom said:

After walking out of the Hubbard management based job last week, I immediately got another dental office interview. I asked them straight out if they used any Scientology consulting. They were very excited to meet me but silence on my important question. I asked again. Nothing. What do they have  to hide?  If you are going to be creepy, be proud of it!

With Remnant what are the signs that it is a cult (at first)?  You are almost completely defenseless agianst getting sucked in. They are all so shiny, bright and having FUN!   I am glad survivors are speaking out and the HBO doc is a good start.  

Asking questions is a great way to find out. Any organization that discourages discovery is a big red flag in my book.  Even if they are not a cult I tend to steer clear.  I need to be with people who encourage curiosity, not among people who say “tow the line”.  

In biblical terms even Thomas, who was one of Jesus’ disciples, doubted.  And Jesus did not rebuke him.  So if a church, or really any other org, says believe what I tell you to believe and don’t ask questions, I would be very leery.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

11 hours ago, Baxsmom said:

For me it was "we are the only true church."

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Off-topic except that it involves the name of this site. I thought you all might get a laugh out of this. I don't follow the Duggars so I had no idea that Jinger was a person. Not only that, I've been pronouncing the name to rhyme with 'ringer' and not like 'ginger.'

🙃😂

I knew from the beginning about Jinger Duggar, and I still cannot pronounce it like "ginger" without forcing myself to. That's just not how letters work! "Jinjer" I could be OK with, though I'd still give it an eye roll. But Jinger? Really?

Also anyone who just reads the Remnant stuff, take a look around the rest of the forum some time! There's a lot here!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

On 11/1/2021 at 10:25 AM, Alisamer said:

I knew from the beginning about Jinger Duggar, and I still cannot pronounce it like "ginger" without forcing myself to. That's just not how letters work! "Jinjer" I could be OK with, though I'd still give it an eye roll. But Jinger? Really?

Also anyone who just reads the Remnant stuff, take a look around the rest of the forum some time! There's a lot here!

I've certainly looked around a bit, but I'll admit that I find something truly fascinating about these Gwen threads.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I was fiddling with my phone today on a long car trip and somehow ended up with the headline news on my screen. 

The first article was about a stampede of buffalo across a bridge in Yellowstone that made the bridge shake!  

The second was about Gwen leaving Remnant zero dollars in her will.  Cat's of out the bag, as they say. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

The Remnant service tonight was made up almost entirely of testimonies.  There was an emphasis on how everyone “except infants” should be in a class.  Each person has at least three weekly Remnant gatherings on Saturday Sabbeth, Wednesday evening service and whatever other day their particular class meets.  Durville Patton expressed gratitude for Gwen’s wisdom in having left both books and videos for classes.  I mean, I guess SO considering nobody else is teaching anything!  For me, attending church is at least partly about hearing from a knowledgable person expounding on a lesson derived from a verse or chapter in a book of the Bible.  Oh well, to each their own….  

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, CRAnn said:

Durville Patton expressed gratitude for Gwen’s wisdom in having left both books and videos for classes

Durville is an interesting character.  What is his story?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Baxsmom said:

Durville is an interesting character.  What is his story?

When I first met him and Sara, I thought they were cool. After they became apart of Leadership, they changed. Sara is actually a bitch. 

Edited by ElleHouston
I didn't mean to press the edit button.
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

I think MSM will be onto this for a little while.  Aging Christian cult leader with humongous hair marries younger semi hunk, everybody dies in a plane crash, she has millions squirreled away but leaves none to the church.  Has People magazine done a spread? 

I hope Joe's ex successfully sues the estate, although that would be a stretch if Joe would not inherit a substantial amt of money had he survived Gwen.  If there's an angle, a lawyer on contingency will be on it like a duck on a junebug. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8

4 hours ago, ElleHouston said:

When I first met him and Sara, I thought they were cool. After they became apart of Leadership, they changed. Sara is actually a bitch. 

Thank you.  I am trying to figure out why being a bitch is ok when you are a leader in a church.  Does not seem godly to me.  And Durville comes off as soft spoken, how does that work if the women fall in line behind the husband?  This is one hell of a confusing "church".  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, freefromthin said:

Here is a video of Durville giving his testimony. It starts at the 26 minute mark. 

Thank you for this clip.  Durville "seems" like a nice guy.  From what I have seen in the webcast services, he definately tows the party line (deeply).  Also in this clip, when Gwen speaks, I have to ask what?  What is she saying??  Is it meant to be confusing?

And I hope Micheal finds his way.  I don't know why but I am rooting for him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

They played the audio of Natasha's 911 call from the day of the crash on News 4 Nashville. It was heartbreaking to hear. Here is a link to the story.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/investigations/911-call-reveals-frantic-search-to-determine-if-pilot-s-daughter-was-on-board-before/article_517035bc-3dbc-11ec-a1dd-7327f79028f6.html?block_id=998329

Edited by freefromthin
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

They played the audio of Natasha's 911 call from the day of the crash on News 4 Nashville. It was heartbreaking to hear. I can't find audio, but here is a link to the story.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/investigations/911-call-reveals-frantic-search-to-determine-if-pilot-s-daughter-was-on-board-before/article_517035bc-3dbc-11ec-a1dd-7327f79028f6.html?block_id=998329

Great coverage from the local station. I hope they keep on releasing stories so that people don’t forget and get complacent about having a cult in their midst.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

Great coverage from the local station. I hope they keep on releasing stories so that people don’t forget and get complacent about having a cult in their midst.

I think they also updated the page with a video.

3 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

I feel the same way. There's a news anchor from News Channel 5 Nashville who has been following her for 20 years.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, ElleHouston said:

I would say that you could make a similar statement about everyone who was made a leader by Gwen. We certainly experienced it from some we knew well. But you can understand when the whole goal of remnant is recognition from The Prophet and now you have been chosen. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, freefromthin said:

They played the audio of Natasha's 911 call from the day of the crash on News 4 Nashville. It was heartbreaking to hear. Here is a link to the story.

Heartbreaking.  Natasha knew that Joe was not a safe pilot.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, freefromthin said:

As a mother, I can not imagine the fear she went through that day.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

5 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

As a mother, I can not imagine the fear she went through that day.  

Does anyone know what was the custody arrangement at the time?  It seems weird that they would leave for a MAGA event in Florida at a time when the child was in their custody.

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, Baxsmom said:

I get sick of his “I was an angry thug but praise Gwod for her message” testimony. I didn’t even watch the video but I bet my whole life savings and my 401k that’s exactly what he said. 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, ElleHouston said:

I didn’t even watch the video.....

Aw, too bad, you missed Durville and Michael doing one of Michael's rap songs. 😝

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Haha 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic