IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 21: 53 Standing Ovations and I Move to Brentwood!

nelliebelle1197

On 11/20/2021 at 11:13 PM, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Just goes to show how little faith she has in her god to “protect” her. That place reeks of fear and uncertainty. So much for being “all in” with “total devotion to god”.

I like the way you put this. The god (as you wrote with a small “g”) the Gwen taught was not one to protect or to inspire total devotion. That was to be reserved for Gwen herself, and now she is gone. 

I see a lot of former remnant members who struggle in their concept of God because of the twisted teaching of Gwen. She claimed to follow God completely but then presented Him as an angry vindictive being who is ready to strike you down if you take one extra bite. No wonder Elizabeth has such little faith, as you stated, because she doesn’t follow the awesome God of the Bible who truly loves her. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Freedbygrace said:

She claimed to follow God completely but then presented Him as an angry vindictive being who is ready to strike you down if you take one extra bite

To be fair, a lot of churches push an angry, vindictive God. The whole concept of torturing people for eternity just for not believing in a particular religion is pretty damn vindictive, and that is mainstream theology. Gwen just made it about food, but she didn’t invent the cruel God. Which is why it was easy for people to move from more mainstream churches to RF. She took concepts that are already prevalent and twisted them to be about propping up her disordered eating advice.  I can’t even count how many sermons I’ve sat through about how God is jealous and angry. And that is in mainstream churches. I think the most original thing Gwen came up with was that the Bible provided the Frito recipe. She borrowed heavily from others for most of her beliefs but I think she came up with that one on her own. 

It is still bizarre to think that she took these ideas that were already common in many churches but turned them into a church that pushes an eating disorder. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I think the most original thing Gwen came up with was that the Bible provided the Frito recipe.

I wonder if Gwen got her idea from the fact that the Frito-Lay company has Nashville roots.  Maybe she owned stock.  😛
Brief history of biblical Fritos

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

13 hours ago, Baxsmom said:

Dan could have read the divorce news here. I am just sayin'.

I was thinking the same thing lol he runs  his mouth a lot I am curious to see how much of this HBO Doc is He in because he should be under an NDA  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 11/20/2021 at 8:41 PM, Queen Of Hearts said:

How can no one there think it is weird that Elizabeth sends her kids but she, herself, never shows up?

Sounds to me like she's working up to the "great and powerful Oz" angle. Stay away long enough you become mythical and greater-than-life. Or she really just can't bring herself to go up there in front of everyone. It's gotta suck, being up there in front of a bunch of people you know are looking at you for the answers, and judging you against your over-the-top mother who used to stand in this exact same spot. Elizabeth has some big (platform, high heeled, ridiculous) shoes to fill.

On 11/21/2021 at 10:41 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

I can't imagine not being greater by the pastor before church service. In the majority of Catholic churches I've been to the priest is greeting everyone coming in and then saying good bye at the end of mass. (Some of the smaller parishes the priest doesn't great because he is finishing last minute items for the mass. But that isn't the norm.)

At my church typically the pastor would stand at one of the doors and shake hands and speak to everyone as they left. Before the service not so much, just because everyone is trickling in from 4 different entrances to the sanctuary and at least 7 entrances to the building, some coming from sunday school, some from outside, some swinging by the nursery to drop off little kids, etc. He would be around and greeting people, but not in an organized fashion. We're currently looking for a new pastor though, he had to move to help care for elderly parents, sadly. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Sounds to me like she's working up to the "great and powerful Oz" angle

This made literally me spit out my coffee laughing 

also, when someone says “I’m not going anywhere” it’s usually code for “I’m leaving”

• Upvote 12

On 11/19/2021 at 10:04 PM, WorseThan1Thinks said:

I've heard from multiple different sources now that this is true.  They announced it Wed night.  They never did stream a live service that night ('live' meaning live music, live testimonies, and a replay of Gwen).  They also were told not to share anything, but here we are with the cat out of the bag.  I think FJ may have gotten word before RF's own out-of-towners.  That probably pissed them off.  

Sounds like Elle/Erin is staying for now.

As others have said, I'm not surprised whatsoever either.  I truly thought Michael would no way make it as a 'top 2' leader.  It wasn't a matter of if he would leave, but when in my eyes.  He took the money and ran.  I can't blame him.  This was a real chance to split and not have to answer to his mom he was essentially co-dependent on.  The grasp Gwen had on him was very real.  

So while not a surprise, it's still huge news as the walls continue to crumble.  RF's spin will be coming.  Something about how the church has never been stronger, blah, blah.  Ha.

Also, there's lots more coming soon from other angles.  More TV coverage from multiple sources, more lawsuits, more investigations.  More light to shine on this truly evil place (which ironically, claims themselves as holy and righteous.)

Phil Williams has more coming Monday.  Looks like he has the entire deposition of Gwen from the recent child custody case. 

In Dec, a popular daytime show everyone has heard of will be doing an entire show on RF/the documentary.  This will hit a wide audience.

If Elizabeth and RF leadership are waiting for the 'dust to settle' (HBOMax episode 4 & 5 to come out) before she spends more than 10 minutes on stage and a couple phone-ins over a 6 month period, they will not be happy knowing there's so much more coming their way. 

Their evil ways are finally getting the light of day they always deserved.

I'm no legal expert, but I can't help from wondering how much this "divorce" stems from michael, elizabeth, and joe's mother are all in the process of being sued. If they "dicvorce" he can allow her to take it all, so they won't lose everything they have.  Makes sense? I knew immediately upon hearing this "divorce" announcement, that there was way more behind this.  Don't let RF fool you.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, finacial ice said:

I'm no legal expert, but I can't help from wondering how much this "divorce" stems from michael, elizabeth, and joe's mother are all in the process of being sued. If they "dicvorce" he can allow her to take it all, so they won't lose everything they have.  Makes sense? I knew immediately upon hearing this "divorce" announcement, that there was way more behind this.  Don't let RF fool you.

What do you mean? I don't quite understand

• Upvote 6

39 minutes ago, finacial ice said:

I am no legal expert either but I don't think a divorce can protect your assets from a lawsuit (especially if the divorce is after the suit is filed). Look at Erika Jayne and Tom Girardi.  But I am sure that it can get messy.

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Baxsmom said:

I am no legal expert either but I don't think a divorce can protect your assets from a lawsuit (especially if the divorce is after the suit is filed). Look at Erika Jayne and Tom Girardi.  But I am sure that it can get messy.

What I mean is you state 'he can allow her to take it all', who is 'her'? E.g. Erin Shamblin? Also if he allows 'her' to take it all then he'll lose everything anyway. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Laura2730 said:

What I mean is you state 'he can allow her to take it all', who is 'her'? E.g. Erin Shamblin? Also if he allows 'her' to take it all then he'll lose everything anyway. 

Yes of course Erin.   Im pretty sure this "divorce" was planned with a motive behind it. Most likely their only option, if they didnt want  lose everything they have. 

47 minutes ago, Baxsmom said:

This is true. I'm not sure either, but I do have gut feeling there is more behind this.  We shall see.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Alisamer said:

At my church typically the pastor would stand at one of the doors and shake hands and speak to everyone as they left. Before the service not so much, just because everyone is trickling in from 4 different entrances to the sanctuary and at least 7 entrances to the building, some coming from sunday school, some from outside, some swinging by the nursery to drop off little kids, etc. He would be around and greeting people, but not in an organized fashion. We're currently looking for a new pastor though, he had to move to help care for elderly parents, sadly. 

true, my church also has multiple entrances however during covid we limited it to one. Even before covid the priest would typically stand near the main one and greet anyone that came in that way. He does go back and gets his vestments on and we do have a greeter/usher crew to help out. The priest also only stands out the main exit and people could exit out of 2 or 3 different exits (depending if we have donuts ...pre-covid). 

---

I am super excited! Xfinity just emailed me that I have one week of free HBOMax!! YIPPIE!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, finacial ice said:

Yes of course Erin.   Im pretty sure this "divorce" was planned with a motive behind it. Most likely their only option, if they didnt want  lose everything they have. 

This is true. I'm not sure either, but I do have gut feeling there is more behind this.  We shall see.

They would not have to get divorced for that. There are trusts and other shelters they could use including turning everything over to the church and getting all back later. And there is no guarantee these suits will have any result other than legal bills. I am frankly not really sure what kind of merit any of the lawsuits have. 

New thread. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic