IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 21: 53 Standing Ovations and I Move to Brentwood!

nelliebelle1197

If this rumor turns out to be true, the Remnant members are really gonna get a workout from all of the mental gymnastics they’re about to do. The documentary said Michael has had multiple affairs and has wanted to leave Remnant many times (meanwhile, Elizabeth and the other leaders have been telling everyone that the documentary is all lies). Now, relatively soon after the release of the documentary, Michael is rumored to be getting a divorce and to have left Remnant. Sometimes two plus two just equals four no matter how hard you hope and pray to Gwen’s god for a different answer!

Honestly I also hope the rumor is true merely because I hope everyone involved will end up happier this way. If Michael was really as miserable in Remnant and his marriage as Sarah from the documentary claimed, then this is probably one of the best possible outcomes for everyone. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

On 11/14/2021 at 5:31 PM, ManyGoats said:

Maybe it held the transmitter God used to speak directly to her. 😉

Can we somehow work this into a thread title, pretty please? 😁😇

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Did she think he really fed the multitudes with the few fish and loaves because he told each to only eat one bite to satisfy "the growl"? I just don't get how being thin became a necessary thing for salvation, with her.

Well, how else do you think that whole thing worked with only very few fish and loaves for lots of people? It doesn’t say in the bible, but clearly everyone  only got a tiny crumb, and those who were overweight only got to lick! 😁

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Michael and Erin got a divorce. All those cheating allegations, his untreated depression, and Gwen was allowed to divorce his dad. So why can’t they get a divorce too? 

If you read thru the divorce doctrine, it seems that the intent is that you can get a divorce if your spouse isn’t Godly or following God. If that’s the case, the un Godly spouse can’t be a remnant member because Remnant is the true church. So it is implied that if both parties where Remnant members someone has to leave Remnant to be inline with divorce rules. 

It doesn’t saw it directly but it is heavily implied and is also how it is has worked out. There have been a handful of divorces that I can think of and all of them had one person leaving Remnant and the other staying. 

All of this to say, now that Gwen isn’t around to force them to stay together and be members, it put divorce on the table for the first  legitimate time.  

• Upvote 16

1 hour ago, RFsurvivor said:

All of this to say, now that Gwen isn’t around to force them to stay together and be members, it put divorce on the table for the first  legitimate time.  

Indeed!

Quite the “Dobby is a free Elf!” situation we got here.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Laura2730 said:

After not posting since February 2017 on October 1st 2021 Michael Shamblin posted this:

Hide contents

1245118193_Screenshot2021-11-19at08_46_09.thumb.png.0854e7f64523556bba60ed480085e0d2.png

We discussed that earlier in the thread. He posted that the day after the documentary came out. Which would make anyone side eye. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

21 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

There is a rumor of huge news.  I'm just trying to get confirmation before I share it.

In the mean time (and this does give credence to the rumor), do note that Michael and Erin/Elle Shamblin are no longer on RF's official leaders page.

https://www.remnantfellowship.org/about-remnant-fellowship/leadership-team/

Michael is still listed in the "remembering our leaders" section on the home page, but the link just goes to the Leadership page, where there is no mention of him: image.thumb.png.ae7f0e1f5a9b8b48801ff5cfce07aa55.png

(clipped at 12:50 CST 11/19/2021)

• Thank You 4

120 people in leadership? Sweet baby J, that's a huge number of leaders for a church. Does anyone have any numbers of how many members there are?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

That leadership number seems pretty heavily inflated. Maybe they are considering entire family units as leadership? Also they may be considering volunteer help and service as part of the leadership team.

• Upvote 3

I’m betting there are some leaders in other parts of the country that don’t attend RF regularly. But maybe lead Bible studies or groups based on Gwen’s teachings. 

• Upvote 4

So I am Curious about the Weddings It seems like a lot of food and from the videos the food looked rich in Butters, Cheeses, Meats and Fats Did Gwen Eat at the weddings and Did she monitor what others ate?

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

120 people in leadership? Sweet baby J, that's a huge number of leaders for a church. Does anyone have any numbers of how many members there are?

Looking at the leadership page (https://www.remnantfellowship.org/about-remnant-fellowship/leadership-team/), I counted 93 people listed: 39 leaders, 8 deacons, 28 ministry leaders, and 18 ministry assistants. 7 leaders were killed in the crash, and until recently, Michael and Erin Shamblin were listed as leaders. My guess is that the 120 number is an old number from when membership was closer to 4,000.

I've heard/read varying numbers for the total size of the church, anywhere from about 2,000 to over 4,000. 

1 hour ago, Sasha_The_Producer said:

So I am Curious about the Weddings It seems like a lot of food and from the videos the food looked rich in Butters, Cheeses, Meats and Fats Did Gwen Eat at the weddings and Did she monitor what others ate?

Both weddings I've attended had an insane amount of food, and any other family events had tons of food. People filled plates and ate a good bit. I mean, part of Gwen's schtick was that you could eat ANYTHING you wanted as long as you only ate when you were hungry and didn't look like you had any extra pounds on you. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, bffyly said:

Looking at the leadership page (https://www.remnantfellowship.org/about-remnant-fellowship/leadership-team/), I counted 93 people listed: 39 leaders, 8 deacons, 28 ministry leaders, and 18 ministry assistants. 7 leaders were killed in the crash, and until recently, Michael and Erin Shamblin were listed as leaders. My guess is that the 120 number is an old number from when membership was closer to 4,000.

I've heard/read varying numbers for the total size of the church, anywhere from about 2,000 to over 4,000. 

Both weddings I've attended had an insane amount of food, and any other family events had tons of food. People filled plates and ate a good bit. I mean, part of Gwen's schtick was that you could eat ANYTHING you wanted as long as you only ate when you were hungry and didn't look like you had any extra pounds on you. 

So If you looked thin you could eat and eat and no big deal interesting 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Sasha_The_Producer said:

So If you looked thin you could eat and eat and no big deal interesting 

Pretty much, from what I hear. I think the focus was on being thin and obedient to God, with body size being a visible indicator of whether one was obedient to God. 

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Laura2730 said:

Do we have any update on the Michael Shamblin 'unconfirmed rumour'?

The rumor of Michael leaving the church seems very likely. I heard from a source that there had been a private service and Joe Langston announced that Michael had left and was in the process of divorce. The church will have to break the news to out-of-towners at some point since the service wasn't webcast. I'm interested to see the reaction and fallout from all of this.

This also puts Elizabeth in an interesting situation as I guess leadership now falls solely onto her. But she hasn't been seen too much lately so someone else may need to step up. We'll have to see, I feel very sad for Michael's family and the kids they really shouldn't have to be going through all of this.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 5

4 minutes ago, BrokenWings270 said:

The rumor of Michael leaving the church seems very likely. I heard from a source that there had been a private service and Joe Langston announced that Michael had left and was in the process of divorce. The church will have to break the news to out-of-towners at some point since the service wasn't webcast. I'm interested to see the reaction and fallout from all of this.

This also puts Elizabeth in an interesting situation as I guess leadership now falls solely onto her. But she hasn't been seen too much lately so someone else may need to step up. We'll have to see, I feel very sad for Michael's family and the kids they really shouldn't have to be going through all of this.

Thanks for that information! Do you know if Elle/Erin has left the church or has she stayed?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m betting there are some leaders in other parts of the country that don’t attend RF regularly. But maybe lead Bible studies or groups based on Gwen’s teachings. 

I know about 10-12 years ago it was decided all leadership had to be in Brentwood or surrounding area

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gwen did all the teaching by webcast or video   Everyone has to attend the church a certain number of times a year 

• Upvote 3

Spitballing here with pure speculation while playing armchair shrink.

Michael, IMO, has always look haunted and miserable - in photos, music videos, WCO videos etc. He's never seemed or acted like he was "all in".

We know about Michael's affairs, depression, and possible alcohol/drug use. We've heard from former RF-ers that Michael wants to be a Nashville musician, not the in-house RF musical genius.

We know that Michael has remained close to his father after the divorce.

David Shamblin dropped weight after the divorce, and from the photos I've seen looks happy and relaxed.

Michael gained weight after the divorce. Depression?

Maybe David told Michael after Gwen's passing that he (Michael) didn't have to stay in RF.  That there was nothing and no one forcing him to remain where he was miserable. Perhaps David reminded Michael that Tedd Anger, Gwen's enforcer, was no longer part of RF Leadership and that without Gwen, Tedd didn't have any power to enforce anything. Maybe David used himself as an example that one can have have a good, happy life away from RF.  He might have mentioned all the ex-RF-ers of Michael's age who are now enjoying an RF-free life.

While not excusing any part David had in RF and the damage it's done, I think it's entirely possible he counseled Michael to get out of RF, to get away, to flee, from what has made him miserable his entire adult life.

Just my thoughts.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Laura2730 said:

Do we have any update on the Michael Shamblin 'unconfirmed rumour'?

I've heard from multiple different sources now that this is true.  They announced it Wed night.  They never did stream a live service that night ('live' meaning live music, live testimonies, and a replay of Gwen).  They also were told not to share anything, but here we are with the cat out of the bag.  I think FJ may have gotten word before RF's own out-of-towners.  That probably pissed them off.  

5 hours ago, Laura2730 said:

Thanks for that information! Do you know if Elle/Erin has left the church or has she stayed?

Sounds like Elle/Erin is staying for now.

As others have said, I'm not surprised whatsoever either.  I truly thought Michael would no way make it as a 'top 2' leader.  It wasn't a matter of if he would leave, but when in my eyes.  He took the money and ran.  I can't blame him.  This was a real chance to split and not have to answer to his mom he was essentially co-dependent on.  The grasp Gwen had on him was very real.  

So while not a surprise, it's still huge news as the walls continue to crumble.  RF's spin will be coming.  Something about how the church has never been stronger, blah, blah.  Ha.

Also, there's lots more coming soon from other angles.  More TV coverage from multiple sources, more lawsuits, more investigations.  More light to shine on this truly evil place (which ironically, claims themselves as holy and righteous.)

Phil Williams has more coming Monday.  Looks like he has the entire deposition of Gwen from the recent child custody case. 

In Dec, a popular daytime show everyone has heard of will be doing an entire show on RF/the documentary.  This will hit a wide audience.

If Elizabeth and RF leadership are waiting for the 'dust to settle' (HBOMax episode 4 & 5 to come out) before she spends more than 10 minutes on stage and a couple phone-ins over a 6 month period, they will not be happy knowing there's so much more coming their way. 

Their evil ways are finally getting the light of day they always deserved.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 10

4 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

I've heard from multiple different sources now that this is true.  They announced it Wed night.  They never did stream a live service that night ('live' meaning live music, live testimonies, and a replay of Gwen).  They also were told not to share anything, but here we are with the cat out of the bag.  I think FJ may have gotten word before RF's own out-of-towners.  That probably pissed them off. 

My sources have confirmed this as well. One even shared an audio recording with me, which essentially “sealed the deal”.

Phil Williams has more coming Monday.  Looks like he has the entire deposition of Gwen from the recent child custody case. 

This gentleman is the true definition of “GOAT”.

In Dec, a popular daytime show everyone has heard of will be doing an entire show on RF/the documentary.  This will hit a wide audience.

I was wondering when this was going to be released. The individuals who are dedicated to this show/host(s) are NOT ones to be trifled with. This has potential to spread the wildfire even further.

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 14

The timing was ideal for Michael to leave.  I am not sure about the laws in TN, but in my state inherited money can not be factored into a divorce in terms of dividing assets, spousal support or alimony.  He will have a nice little sum to use to launch his new life of freedom.  If Michael had left while Gwen was alive she likely would have written him out of her will and he would have lost it all.  Good for him... maybe freedom from the cult will improve his physical and mental well-being.  

• Upvote 17
  • WTF 1

On 11/16/2021 at 4:45 PM, ManyGoats said:

@Blue and @nelliebelle1197, one of the reasons I love this board is that even though it's a snark board, the people here are more kind and respectful to each other than anywhere else I've ever posted. 'Bad actors' get called out but disagreements are usually handled graciously. You two are perfect examples. 

Yes, this exchange was refreshing, not a downvote in sight used to express disagreement as has been done in the past and as is the practice of some members. So much respect! No personal insults! Actual exchange of ideas and reasonable discussion instead of drive-by downvoting! I always wanted this, and hope it continues no matter who the members involved are except for trolls not posting in good faith. Talk about board culture normally must be in Community Discussion, but since your post was allowed to stay here, I feel free to comment on it. 

I don't think there are any filmmakers here, and it's easy to criticize the documentary makers. It's always easier to criticize than to do. My daughter watched the entire documentary knowing nothing about RF and got a good understanding of the the horror of this cult. Unlike her, I had context from reading about Gwen (Gwod) and RF on here for years, yet I learned new information and was left wanting more. The doc exposed the dark side of RF for all to see, and as such accomplished a good objective. It didn't have to be perfect to do so. I'm looking forward to the next installments.

The crash upended the very foundation of RF, disproving their belief that that they were somehow very special and very blessed and certainly their leaders were protected by supernatural power.  The weak attempt to spin this terrible event into a positive thing hasn't worked. Frankly, Elizabeth's ghostly appearance scares me, she is decidedly not her mother, and cannot carry on the cult of personality her mother started. Michael has never been all in, he just participated in the family business out of obligation and manipulation. Good for him for taking the money and running. 

RF is not Scientology, although it too started as a cult of personality, David Miscavage had plotted his takeover upon Hubbard's death and there was no mass extinction event of leaders. RF will fall or not continue in it's present form, it will become a "remnant" of it's former self, perhaps becoming an online only venture focused on selling Gwen's old messages and diet crap. It can't implode too soon, good riddance.

• Upvote 15
  • Bless Your Heart 1

7 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Sounds like Elle/Erin is staying for now.

As others have said, I'm not surprised whatsoever either.  I truly thought Michael would no way make it as a 'top 2' leader.  It wasn't a matter of if he would leave, but when in my eyes.  He took the money and ran.  I can't blame him.  This was a real chance to split and not have to answer to his mom he was essentially co-dependent on.  The grasp Gwen had on him was very real.  

So while not a surprise, it's still huge news as the walls continue to crumble.  RF's spin will be coming.  Something about how the church has never been stronger, blah, blah.  Ha.

Also, there's lots more coming soon from other angles.  More TV coverage from multiple sources, more lawsuits, more investigations.  More light to shine on this truly evil place (which ironically, claims themselves as holy and righteous.)

If Elizabeth and RF leadership are waiting for the 'dust to settle' (HBOMax episode 4 & 5 to come out) before she spends more than 10 minutes on stage and a couple phone-ins over a 6 month period, they will not be happy knowing there's so much more coming their way. 

Their evil ways are finally getting the light of day they always deserved.

So did Michael just leave without his children then? How do you think Elizabeth and the other RF leaders would view Erin/Elle now?

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic