Jump to content
IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 21: 53 Standing Ovations and I Move to Brentwood!


nelliebelle1197

Recommended Posts

54 and we all move together! Maybe we can buy Ashlawn and all live together.

 

  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

54 and we all move together! Maybe we can buy Ashlawn and all live together.

 

I am dying!!!!!! I did not finish the service, I was too busy packing.  I wonder if my outfits will match.  

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The standing ovations became totally ridiculous. Gwen would get standing ovations for any little thing she did. Then she would stand there with a sheepish grin on her face and point upward. But she NEVER stopped them or told people not to do it. It was clear she lived for them. It is why I am hesitant to give anyone a standing ovation in any setting even if I think they deserve it. 

  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Freedbygrace said:

The standing ovations became totally ridiculous. Gwen would get standing ovations for any little thing she did. Then she would stand there with a sheepish grin on her face and point upward. But she NEVER stopped them or told people not to do it. It was clear she lived for them. It is why I am hesitant to give anyone a standing ovation in any setting even if I think they deserve it. 

Aaaaagggghhhhh! That pointing upward thing! Gwen USED to make a show of telling people not to focus on her, but to give credit to God, but it seemed like she began to really soak in the praise and admiration as time went on. After some time, it hit me that she had a LOT of control in that place, so if she REALLY wanted them to STOP giving her praise and admiration, she COULD HAVE STOPPED IT. When I realized that, it floored me for a bit, because when I was so heavily involved in the classes, I saw her as this dear woman who really just wanted people to have a relationship with God. I didn't believe that she sought any praise or glory for what she was doing. I no longer believe that, and it makes me both sad and angry to think of how power hungry and attention seeking she truly was.

One last thought...when I was in the classes and we were using Marco Polo and WhatsApp, we were told to ALWAYS give credit where credit was due when sharing our successes. the credit was ALWAYS supposed to go back to WD, and Gwen...ALWAYS.

  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For people wondering whether Joe Lara knew he had a medical condition which would prevent him from getting his medical certificate renewed, it appears he did know. A news channel investigation found out that he admitted in court, during the custody battle, that he uses marijuana for insomnia. Not judging him for it. Goddess knows some prescription drugs for insomnia have some awful side effects. However, pilots can't get certified, if they have an ongoing medical condition that involves sleep deprivation, even if they're taking medication for it. I didn't word the explanation well, but here's the link: https://youtu.be/Xm738XhNzOU

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2
  • Thank You 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

For people wondering whether Joe Lara knew he had a medical condition which would prevent him from getting his medical certificate renewed, it appears he did know. A news channel investigation found out that he admitted in court, during the custody battle, that he uses marijuana for insomnia. Not judging him for it. Goddess knows some prescription drugs for insomnia have some awful side effects. However, pilots can't get certified, if they have an ongoing medical condition that involves sleep deprivation, even if they're taking medication for it. I didn't word the explanation well, but here's the link: https://youtu.be/Xm738XhNzOU

I am shocked that anti-drug Gwen put up with him smoking marijuana!

  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I am shocked that anti-drug Gwen put up with him smoking marijuana!

But it's NATURAL, don't you know??

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I am shocked that anti-drug Gwen put up with him smoking marijuana!

I am almost willing to wager that she didn't put up with it and he either stopped or hid it.  He even began to lose weight and either did, or acted like he did, buy into Gwen's Weigh Down message.  

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

However, pilots can't get certified, if they have an ongoing medical condition that involves sleep deprivation, even if they're taking medication for it.

This is no longer true and hasn't been for some time. It used to be true, till it was discovered that pilots were not seeking treatment for sleep disorders for fear of losing their livelihoods and it led to fatal incidents. The sleep disorder has to be managed, and a doctor has to sign off on that.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

For people wondering whether Joe Lara knew he had a medical condition which would prevent him from getting his medical certificate renewed, it appears he did know. A news channel investigation found out that he admitted in court, during the custody battle, that he uses marijuana for insomnia. Not judging him for it. Goddess knows some prescription drugs for insomnia have some awful side effects. However, pilots can't get certified, if they have an ongoing medical condition that involves sleep deprivation, even if they're taking medication for it. I didn't word the explanation well, but here's the link: https://youtu.be/Xm738XhNzOU

I looked over the FAA guidance for medical examiners briefly, and it doesn't seem like that is necessarily true - there are wait times after taking medical sleep aids, but it doesn't seem to be disqualifying if the underlying cause is treated. In any case a current medical certificate was produced for him.

I haven't seen anything that has convinced me he wasn't qualified to fly. Even really good pilots can have disorientation, and aviation accidents are almost always a chain of connected events, they very very rarely have just one single cause. I'm looking forward to the final NTSB report to see what they think happened. 

And really - while the plane crash was a dramatic event, and important in that it might be the beginning of the end for Remnant, and that it brought some additional attention to it - it's just one event on one day. I think the years of weirdness, greed, abuse, etc. are far more important than exactly what caused the plane to go down. For all we know the tail could have fallen off or something. 

Joe might have been a money-grubber and kind of a scummy guy, but I get the impression he was a decent pilot at least in the past. If he hadn't been we would have actual pilots who actually knew him speaking up about him, and I haven't seen that. 

  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@RFsurvivor

I didn't finish the previous thread in time to quote you, but I appreciate the wedding tips (and any others you have). I'm getting married in a month and any and all advice is appreciated :)

  • Upvote 4
  • Love 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

This is no longer true and hasn't been for some time. It used to be true, till it was discovered that pilots were not seeking treatment for sleep disorders for fear of losing their livelihoods and it led to fatal incidents. The sleep disorder has to be managed, and a doctor has to sign off on that.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/aam/ame/guide/pharm/sleepaids/

I'm not seeing what you're seeing. 

 

20211007_101449.jpg

20211007_101426.jpg

Edited by SnarkyLawyer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I understand, many pilots end up losing their medicals as they age due to vision problems.  It is why the length of the medical is shorter after 40.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The important part:

Quote

Occasional or limited use of sleep aids, such as for circadian rhythm disruption in commercial air operations, is allowable for pilots. Daily/nightly use of sleep aids is not allowed regardless of the underlying cause or reason. See Pharmaceutical Considerations below.

I personally know of pilots with TREATED (this is the vital part) sleep disorders that have current medical certificates. There 100% are options for people with sleep disorders. See here, for example: https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/aam/ame/guide/dec_cons/disease_prot/osa/

Also, you need to consider this: while I do not know the laws for Tennessee, I have lived in a state with medical marijuana, and claiming "insomnia" was a common method to get a medical card to allow one to indulge. It doesn't mean he actually HAD insomnia.

He had a current medical certificate. He was qualified both medically and by FAA pilot standards to fly the aircraft. That's the reality here.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, jakesykora said:

@RFsurvivor

I didn't finish the previous thread in time to quote you, but I appreciate the wedding tips (and any others you have). I'm getting married in a month and any and all advice is appreciated :)

Glad I could help and enjoy your day!

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, throwaway9988 said:

Just came across my twitter feed

BF8A3DED-7DC2-4A53-85F2-742B2E16A0E6.png

Joe had the "crazy" eyes.

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

The important part:

I personally know of pilots with TREATED (this is the vital part) sleep disorders that have current medical certificates. There 100% are options for people with sleep disorders. See here, for example: https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/aam/ame/guide/dec_cons/disease_prot/osa/

Also, you need to consider this: while I do not know the laws for Tennessee, I have lived in a state with medical marijuana, and claiming "insomnia" was a common method to get a medical card to allow one to indulge. It doesn't mean he actually HAD insomnia.

He had a current medical certificate. He was qualified both medically and by FAA pilot standards to fly the aircraft. That's the reality here.

1) I live in a state where marijuana is legal, and am familiar with what people said to obtain a medical card

2) He obtained his medical card in California, right before marijuana was legalized, or at least, no longer illegal.

3) Regardless, marijuana is still an illegal controlled substance, at the federal level, and the feds govern the aviation medical certificates.

4) I'm happy you know some pilots that managed to squeeze by, but the rules specifically state that chronic sleep disorders, including insomnia, aren't allowed.

  • Downvote 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RFCult72 said:
4 minutes ago, Baxsmom said:

Joe had the "crazy" eyes.

Yes.  I could never figure out why...

I always thought it was a combination of face lift and Botox.  Although sometimes I thought he was blinking SOS in Morse Code lol

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

3) Regardless, marijuana is still an illegal controlled substance, at the federal level, and the feds govern the aviation medical certificates.

No argument here, but last I checked, they didn't test for drugs as a part of the process and we also have no idea if he was currently using marijuana.

5 minutes ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

4) I'm happy you know some pilots that managed to squeeze by, but the rules specifically state that chronic sleep disorders, including insomnia, aren't allowed.

Following the established process with a medical professional with buy-in from the FAA medical examiner's office is hardly "squeezing by". It's a process that requires testing, and signoff from several doctors.

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RFfamANON said:

I always thought it was a combination of face lift and Botox.  Although sometimes I thought he was blinking SOS in Morse Code lol

Those caterpillar eyebrows add to the crazy -- they don't look real at all.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

4) I'm happy you know some pilots that managed to squeeze by, but the rules specifically state that chronic sleep disorders, including insomnia, aren't allowed.

We don't know that he had been medically diagnosed with insomnia, that he STILL had insomnia, or that if he did, that it was chronic. All those things would be required for him to lose medical certification. 

What we DO know is that a current medical certification has been shown for him at the time of the accident. No matter what he said on a video about having "insomnia" (was it diagnosed? Did he say "oh hey doc I've got 'insomnia' ~wink-nudge~. Think some medical Mary jane might help?" And his docter was like "sure LOL ~wink~ here you go!") the FAA medical examiner gave him a certificate and that's what matters. 

And frankly, it doesn't matter much. The documentary was coming out anyway. The plane crash is an interesting end note and makes the documentary title a bit more impactful, but the crash is really a separate thing from the dangers of Remnant. 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

No argument here, but last I checked, they didn't test for drugs as a part of the process and we also have no idea if he was currently using marijuana.

Following the established process with a medical professional with buy-in from the FAA medical examiner's office is hardly "squeezing by". It's a process that requires testing, and signoff from several doctors.

It is squeezing by if the pilot in question actually has a chronic sleep disorder, but convinced doctors to sign off, anyway. The alternative is their condition falls into the occasional use category, as outlined in the federal regulations.

In addition to his own admission that he obtained a red card, for medicinal use, his daughter testified to finding pipes in his room. Maybe he was just using them to blow bubbles.

4 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

We don't know that he had been medically diagnosed with insomnia, that he STILL had insomnia, or that if he did, that it was chronic. All those things would be required for him to lose medical certification. 

What we DO know is that a current medical certification has been shown for him at the time of the accident. No matter what he said on a video about having "insomnia" (was it diagnosed? Did he say "oh hey doc I've got 'insomnia' ~wink-nudge~. Think some medical Mary jane might help?" And his docter was like "sure LOL ~wink~ here you go!") the FAA medical examiner gave him a certificate and that's what matters. 

And frankly, it doesn't matter much. The documentary was coming out anyway. The plane crash is an interesting end note and makes the documentary title a bit more impactful, but the crash is really a separate thing from the dangers of Remnant. 

According to the news investigation, his medical certificate was NOT current. The certificate obtained from the church was false.

  • Move Along 3
  • Downvote 4
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

According to the news investigation, his medical certificate was NOT current. The certificate obtained from the church was false.

Unless they managed to falsify federal records several states away, this is not true. PNG image.png

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.