IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 21: 53 Standing Ovations and I Move to Brentwood!

nelliebelle1197

I have a question to all the ex-remnant people here.  If some one who was considering joining, or maybe still (new to remnant, came to you with very concerning questions, would you tell the truth?  Is there still fear of the leadership? I ask because after I walked out of that job yesterday, one of the remaining staff wants to have lunch today to get some answers.  Should I enlighten her about Scientology and my past experience?  Guide her to find her own answers? She is required to sign a "Hubbard" technigues contract.  I am concerned because I don't want to be accused of damaging this business but yet I feel like this person deserves the truth.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by Baxsmom
my mind is cult mush today
  • Upvote 5

https://www.facebook.com/PhilWilliamsNC5/videos/395446518908686

This is a link to a FB post from Phil Williams, and investigative journalist. It comes on at 6 Central and is going to talk about Gwen's will. The headline says that his search led him to her 4 million dollar beach home. He also hints at having insight as to who got what in her will. The link below will take you to the live feed. If you desire, you should be able watch by using that link.

https://www.newschannel5.com/live

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, Baxsmom said:

I have a question to all the ex-remnant people here.  If some one who was considering joining, or maybe still (new to remnant, came to you with very concerning questions, would you tell the truth?  Is there still fear of the leadership? I ask because after I walked out of that job yesterday, one of the remaining staff wants to have lunch today to get some answers.  Should I enlighten her about Scientology and my past experience?  Guide her to find her own answers? She is required to sign a "Hubbard" technigues contract.  I am concerned because I don't want to be accused of damaging this business but yet I feel like this person deserves the truth.  Thank you in advance for your help.

At this point in time I would absolutely tell the truth. I would share my family’s experiences of shame and abuse while in remnant and our struggles since leaving. I would be very open and specific about everything. I would not be concerned about the leadership because they no longer have any control over us. 

Now that is today. I haven’t always been as open about my experience. We have been out for about seven years and for most of the time I have felt embarrassed at having been in remnant and wanted to stuff my feelings down. I have been much more open after the plane crash snd the documentary. 

My motivation in being completely truthful about remnant is help people to avoid the trauma and wounds that come from their abuse and the twisted teachings of the Bible. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Freedbygrace said:

At this point in time I would absolutely tell the truth. I would share my family’s experiences of shame and abuse while in remnant and our struggles since leaving. I would be very open and specific about everything. I would not be concerned about the leadership because they no longer have any control over us. 

Now that is today. I haven’t always been as open about my experience. We have been out for about seven years and for most of the time I have felt embarrassed at having been in remnant and wanted to stuff my feelings down. I have been much more open after the plane crash snd the documentary. 

My motivation in being completely truthful about remnant is help people to avoid the trauma and wounds that come from their abuse and the twisted teachings of the Bible. 

Thank you SO much for this.  I am glad that you are helping people by sharing.  I took your advice and answered questions from this staff member.  I told my truth.  She is so smart that she caught on immediately.  She realized all the love bombing and then the lies and then the control was a result of the Scientology consultant.  What is there to hide?  At least I knew to leave, but now she has a chance.  

• Upvote 14
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, freefromthin said:

https://www.facebook.com/PhilWilliamsNC5/videos/395446518908686

This is a link to a FB post from Phil Williams, and investigative journalist. It comes on at 6 Central and is going to talk about Gwen's will. The headline says that his search led him to her 4 million dollar beach home. He also hints at having insight as to who got what in her will. The link below will take you to the live feed. If you desire, you should be able watch by using that link.

https://www.newschannel5.com/live

Dan also posted a video about this. He said Michael and Elizabeth get everything. Joe, his daughter, and the church got nada.

• Upvote 6

“Should I enlighten her about Scientology and my past experience?  Guide her to find her own answers? She is required to sign a "Hubbard" techniques contract.”

I think you answered your own question here. I would not trust her or her motives. You have no obligation to someone you barely know. She is probably being sent by the dentist to get something on you that they can use against you if you say anything they perceive is damaging to them. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Here's Gwen's will.  Looks like it wasn't updated since 2007 (even after she divorced/remarried??!!)

Basically, everything was intended to go to her ex-husband (but, again, does the divorce nullify that??).  If David is somehow nullified from the divorce, it goes to Michael and Elizabeth.

Zero goes to Remnant Fellowship.  Zero.  She cared more about her husband/kids getting rich than to contribute even a part of her millions to Remnant.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21094592-gwen-shamblin-legal-documents#document/p1/a2061901

Phil Williams at Nashville News Channel 5 is having a story on this at 6pm CT.  There should be a link available afterwards I'll try to post.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

17 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Okay, I admit this is trivial and petty but I couldn't help but notice as I clicked through the Wednesday service. After some scripture recitation and songs from the kids, they replayed an old sermon Gwen gave about how bad Halloween is. Yet..... she's wearing what looks to me like Halloween colors.

image.png.3fdad01363925cc9ec148c989440ecf7.png

That sermon was crazy talk.  She must have made things up that seemed godly but in the end it is just control.  And you are right, not only is she wearing Halloween colors, she looks like a scary skeleton (and add in bride of Frankenstein)!!!

1 hour ago, Nonbeliever said:

“Should I enlighten her about Scientology and my past experience?  Guide her to find her own answers? She is required to sign a "Hubbard" techniques contract.”

I think you answered your own question here. I would not trust her or her motives. You have no obligation to someone you barely know. She is probably being sent by the dentist to get something on you that they can use against you if you say anything they perceive is damaging to them. 

Thank you for caring about me!!!  Luckily this staff member just resigned.  She was very upset and I am glad I could at least share my story.  We saved one today guys!

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 6

21 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Zero goes to Remnant Fellowship.

Wow! I wonder what impact that will have on the fellowship. 

• Upvote 7

37 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

Wow! I wonder what impact that will have on the fellowship. 

That was fast.  Remnant released a statement already with their spin.  No doubt, the spin of Gwen gave away lots of money 20 yeas ago, is all that most RF members will need.

Remnant Fellowship provided the following statement to NewsChannel 5:

"In regards to Gwen’s estate, Gwen, Michael, and Elizabeth decided almost two decades ago to give approximately $10 million of what would have been Michael and Elizabeth’s inheritance to the building and grounds of Remnant Fellowship Church. Gwen also donated Weigh Down Ministries and its proceeds, as well as all her intellectual properties over to the church. This was an incredible gift of generosity from Gwen and her family’s inheritance, and the church would expect no more."

I personal don't buy that land and building cost $10 million dollars twenty years ago and I certainly don't buy that Gwen didn't receive proceeds from Weigh Down the past twenty years.

Here's the news story.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/gwen-shamblins-will-potentially-worth-millions-leaves-nothing-to-her-remnant-fellowship-church

Edited by WorseThan1Thinks
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 9

Interesting story from Phil Williams. It seems Gwen had a big problem in being honest about her finances. When we were in remnant it was accepted that she had a lot of wealth and she would occasionally talk about how generous she was to justify all of it. 

The most interesting thing to me was that Gwen was in the midst of teaching a series on greed when she died. This statement was telling. 

“In her video about greed, the Remnant Fellowship leader warned: "Most of the world has abandoned true religion and are now converts to building up their own pocket books. Yet God is a god of justice, and he will not be mocked."

Less than four weeks later, Shamblin would die in that plane crash.”

The irony of this is amazing. The God of justice truly cannot be mocked!

• Upvote 19
  • Thank You 3

9 hours ago, Baxsmom said:

Tell the truth. Ask if the person watched Lea Remini’s series on Scientology. Very compelling.

• Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, Observer said:

Tell the truth. Ask if the person watched Lea Remini’s series on Scientology. Very compelling.

She started last night with her roommate. That was a great series!

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Baxsmom said:

Thank you for caring about me!!!  Luckily this staff member just resigned.  She was very upset and I am glad I could at least share my story.  We saved one today guys!

Glad to hear of the happy ending. Not only are those dentists coercing their employees,  they are taking advantage of their patients, selling services they don't need with high pressure techniques. So glad you are both out of there!

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

From what I saw, Gwen's will was dated 2011.  She never changed it after divorce and remarriage?  What is up with that?  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Baxsmom said:

From what I saw, Gwen's will was dated 2011.  She never changed it after divorce and remarriage?  What is up with that?  

Are we sure that is the final version of her will?  It's hard to imagine that she wouldn't have changed that during or after her divorce.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, RFFriend said:

Are we sure that is the final version of her will?  It's hard to imagine that she wouldn't have changed that during or after her divorce.

Right? This is the will Channel 5 posted online.  And I imgaine it is the will that Remnant issued their statement about. It is crazy, I did not have alot of money but even when my divorce was final, we changed our wills to reflect our new status.  Also, my divorce attorney told me to do it.

• Upvote 2

Playing devil's advocate here..seems pretty distasteful to pick apart someone's will and do an entire news piece on it. Seems like it's just adding to Michael and Elizabeth's grief and putting blame on them for receiving an inheritance from the will, something that is out of their control

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, nomenclature said:

Playing devil's advocate here..seems pretty distasteful to pick apart someone's will and do an entire news piece on it. Seems like it's just adding to Michael and Elizabeth's grief and putting blame on them for receiving an inheritance from the will, something that is out of their control

I think Phil William's report wanted to show the incredible irony of Gwen's own words vs her actions.

At the time of her death, Shamblin was one-third of the way through a nine-week video series on greed — a series in which she urged Remnant followers to prepare to give up all of their wealth.

"It was never intended to be accumulated, but rather used as one small tool to build up the kingdom of God," Shamblin said.

In her video about greed, the Remnant Fellowship leader warned: "Most of the world has abandoned true religion and are now converts to building up their own pocket books. Yet God is a god of justice, and he will not be mocked."

Less than four weeks later, Shamblin would die in that plane crash.

So she died with a fortune easily worth $10 million++ (and this was her fortune AFTER the divorce where an additional $10 million++ went to her ex-husband since he got half of their assets in the divorce).

Her new husband got zero.  Her step-daughter got zero.  So much could be read into this alone.  Either 1) she was too stupid to redo her will after her divorce/remarriage while owning millions in assets and having multiple lawyers at her disposal (which she used plenty for her and Joe's child custody case) or 2) maybe she didn't want Joe and his daughter in her will, knew that David being in it from years prior would be automatically negated from the divorce and just leaving it as is would let Michael and Elizabeth have her money since they were essentially primary beneficiaries based on the old will and the divorce.  I can't think of a 3rd scenario.  Whatever the case, she didn't care enough to include Joe and her step-daughter.

And the amount of flaunting Gwen did with her money all while preaching about greed (too much food first and foremost, but other types of greed too) and then dying in 1 of her 3 aircraft (is owning 3 aircraft while leading a 'church' greed or do you need 4 for it to be considered greed?) cannot be missed.

All while RF leaders talk about how selfless and holy she was.  All while Gwen preaches endlessly about how RF is the one true church and requires all your devotion.  Then doesn't give a penny of her riches to RF in her will.  

I believe the more people sit and think thru this, they will see more and more of the irony (hypocrisy).

RF's spin was weak.  That Gwen was generous 20 years ago so she didn't need to be in her death.  There are countless stories of normal, average people writing their church into their will, but not Gwen.  Sure, it was Gwen's money and her decision on where it went.  So even though she was the founder and leader of the 'one true church', she didn't think RF was worth giving some of her money to in her own will.  Not 10%, not 1%, not 1 penny of over $10 million dollars.  For all the times Gwen said give it all up to God, focus on Him, "focus up"; Gwen left God out of her will.  Better for Michael and Elizabeth to get a $4 million vacation home in Florida, etc, etc.

She did die with A LOT of toys and fancy clothes though.  That she did.  Her husband she "loved so much" died with practically nothing (everything was in her name).  Her fatherless step-daughter will get zero.  

She was so focused on self, even to her death.  And the irony of that cannot be overstated.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Also, it isn’t out of your control in regards to an inheritance.  You can disclaim it.  I don’t at all have a problem with her will.  I’m not even 100% sure it’s actually newsworthy.  But I also am suspicious of anyone with one post who joined Tuesday and is now playing devils advocate.  Although the position is simply….this is tacky.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

This was the most compelling part of the story to me: 

"NewsChannel 5 Investigates discovered that Shamblin suddenly agreed to that settlement after David Shamblin's attorneys filed a subpoena to require Remnant Fellowship to reveal all payments and fringe benefits provided to her and to Joe Lara, as well as any non-disclosure agreements that the church has signed with current or former members."

The will stuff- meh, I feel like we already knew that was going to happen. But the NDA's and church payments to her and Joe....THAT seems news-worthy to me. 

Phil Williams- if you read this: Keep digging!! And thank you for all of your hard work. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, nomenclature said:

Lol.

New Sus account is Sus.

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
I have a thing about spaces. Happy Friday, y’all!
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 4

22 minutes ago, ChadelBaj said:

This was the most compelling part of the story to me: 

"NewsChannel 5 Investigates discovered that Shamblin suddenly agreed to that settlement after David Shamblin's attorneys filed a subpoena to require Remnant Fellowship to reveal all payments and fringe benefits provided to her and to Joe Lara, as well as any non-disclosure agreements that the church has signed with current or former members."

The will stuff- meh, I feel like we already knew that was going to happen. But the NDA's and church payments to her and Joe....THAT seems news-worthy to me. 

Phil Williams- if you read this: Keep digging!! And thank you for all of your hard work. 

Phil Williams we want to know what Joe's salary was and his job title.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic