IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 21: 53 Standing Ovations and I Move to Brentwood!

nelliebelle1197

On 10/19/2021 at 12:43 PM, Jb003 said:

I need to rewatch that particular segment of the video and see what he says. I know some of the info Dan Gryder has given has not been factual. When he talks about expenses that Elizabeth and Michael pay out monthly for properties he fails to mention some of that is rental property.

Dan Gryder is awful. Full stop. Don't believe anything he says unless there is an independent second source. The only connection between Scientology and Gwen that is verified is the photo from the RCC. That's it. I am sure Gwen would sell Weigh Down where ever she could, just like L Ron Hubbard. When two successful grifters meet, it is usually not as compatriots.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

19 hours ago, ChadelBaj said:

Channel 5 in Nashville did a small special on RF and the TWD. Phil Williams, their investigative reporter has been reporting on Gwen and RF for the past 20 years- he talks about the interview he did with her about the Smith case. His insight is very thoughtful and accurate imo. There is also a heartbreaking call-in from an ex-member.  Worth a watch. 

https://www.newschannel5.com/plus/openline/gwen-shamblin-lara-remnant-fellowship-and-the-docuseries-the-way-down

Thank you. That was great

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

17 hours ago, Baxsmom said:

Dan could be right.  I think he dilutes correct info with his fervor to take Remnant down. 

I'm a little curious about that fervor to take Remnant down, personally. I'd be willing to bet he'd never heard of Gwen or Remnant before the plane crash, and if he had it would have been only in passing. He's not known as some anti-cult crusader or anything, to my knowledge. My guess is he sees this as something newsworthy that could take his Youtube channel "viral". 

At first I was very interested in his perspective on the plane crash, since he is a pilot. He lost me when he started making all sorts of claims about Joe being a paid actor and such. I'm not usually one to tell someone to stay in their lane, but... I don't want to tune in to an aviation channel's video about a plane crash to see conspiracy theories, I want a breakdown of what happened and why it might have happened. 

I tend to take any of Dan's info with a huge lump of salt. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

He really is a gross person who only cares about trying to get attention for himself. There is no way their graves are in a public location.  If I was the family I would report this to the police to find out if he was trespassing.  Dan gives off as many red flags as Joe. 

It cracked me up how he just showed up here and seemed mystified that people weren't awed by his presence and that he had to follow the existing procedure about verification. I spent a lot of time reading all the info here and tried to get a sense of the culture before posting. 

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the final 2 episodes of the documentary. I was really surprised at the strong case the second episode made for Joe being a grifter. I'm so curious to see how the church narrative handles Joe in the long run.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

At first I was very interested in his perspective on the plane crash, since he is a pilot. He lost me when he started making all sorts of claims about Joe being a paid actor and such. I'm not usually one to tell someone to stay in their lane, but... I don't want to tune in to an aviation channel's video about a plane crash to see conspiracy theories, I want a breakdown of what happened and why it might have happened. 

That was me as well.  At first, I was very interested in his analysis on the plane crash and followed his videos until he started in on the conspiracy theories.  

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

And when Old Dan was thrown on a Journey for calling a minor Shamblin grandchild fat, he took his toys and left.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

And when Old Dan was thrown on a Journey for calling a minor Shamblin grandchild fat, he took his toys and left.

Dan thought he was above the rules.

I'm wondering if Gwen and the church started to realize that Joe was scamming them- none of the assets were in his name which is telling...

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

26 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

This comment he made about the grandchild… and insisted on defending in follow up, as well as his prediction that the child ‘s father would surely commit suicide…  utterly disgusted me.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

31 minutes ago, CRAnn said:

This comment he made about the grandchild… and insisted on defending in follow up, as well as his prediction that the child ‘s father would surely commit suicide…  utterly disgusted me.  

Not to mention the part where he holds the kids as accountable as the adults for what happens at Remnant.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

56 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

I'm wondering if Gwen and the church started to realize that Joe was scamming them- none of the assets were in his name which is telling...

If they did, they’d never admit it. That would be suggesting their anointed prophet Gwod had a broken picker (although, hmm, she did divorce David …).

Joe’s mother (who was involved in some of the outrageous police reports against Natasha)  is a baptized member of Remnant. She lived — perhaps still does — with members of the church, just like she lived in Natasha’s house with Joe. Seeing a pattern?

Now she has lost her son and their most recent meal ticket and access, at least temporarily, to her granddaughter.

Remnant will embrace her as a martyr, and I expect she’d position herself to be a surrogate grandmother for Michael/Elizabeth’s kids.

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 2

Dan said a lot of terrible things.  However, I can cut him a little slack because a.) his family was somehow caught up in a cult (not sure of the details but his followers mention it many times in comments on his videos) and b.) Remnant attacked him by hacking his account and deleted his videos.  I suspect this is fueling his anger and probably making him respond in a less-than-rational way.  Plus if he has first-hand experience with cults he may be feeling extra passionate about attacking them.  I wish he would leave the kids out of this and be more careful about speculating as fact, but I also believe he is not the enemy here - that role belongs solely with RF.

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Dan said a lot of terrible things.  However, I can cut him a little slack because a.) his family was somehow caught up in a cult (not sure of the details but his followers mention it many times in comments on his videos) and b.) Remnant attacked him by hacking his account and deleted his videos.  I suspect this is fueling his anger and probably making him respond in a less-than-rational way.  Plus if he has first-hand experience with cults he may be feeling extra passionate about attacking them.  I wish he would leave the kids out of this and be more careful about speculating as fact, but I also believe he is not the enemy here - that role belongs solely with RF.

No one “hacked” his YouTube account. I don’t believe that at all. If RF was going after “enemies” they would have come after us in some way. We have a much larger audience than Dan and a much higher SEO than Dan ever did on RF topics. All we got were a few Bobs. They likely reported his videos en masse and triggered some algorithm that deleted the videos. And considering he made up a lot of the content, YouTube may have legitimately removed some after reports.

Dan is a showboating manipulator and flat out liar. Why on earth would you “cut him slack”? A lot of us - including me, @Destiny @formergothardite and others have been in IFB and other cults. There is zero excuse for his behavior.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

He blamed children for being in a cult, said they needed to get a taste of their own medicine and that he would continue to bash the hell out of them. He was given the chance to redeem himself and apologize for being a middle aged man who was bragging about how he was going to humiliate children on the internet, and he decided to he wanted to keep being a creepy asshole. He has showed us the sort of person he is, we should believe him. 

• Upvote 26

13 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

none of the assets were in his name which is telling...

I thought that was telling as well.  Although Gwen seemed to be head over heals with Joe, it appears she also loved her money and control more.  I have to wonder if anyone realized Joe was a player.  He seemed to have a better grasp of the bible and how to apply it than Gwen did.  Maybe he was rehearsing the role to be an eventual Prophet of a church.  

• Upvote 10

Joe, being a con man, knew what would appeal to a wider audience and not sound insane. I suspect that is why he sounded more rational when discussing the Bible. I think if he had been allowed to take over he would have changed the teachings to rope in more tithe paying people. I also think he went into this knowing it would be very hard for Gwen to divorce him. 

• Upvote 13

43 minutes ago, Animosus said:

I thought that was telling as well.  Although Gwen seemed to be head over heals with Joe, it appears she also loved her money and control more.  I have to wonder if anyone realized Joe was a player.  He seemed to have a better grasp of the bible and how to apply it than Gwen did.  Maybe he was rehearsing the role to be an eventual Prophet of a church.  

I don't think Gwen's "people" would have let her put her separate assets in Joe's name. It's not uncommon for a later life marriage in any circumstance for the partners to keep their premarital assets separate. There is really nothing unusual about Joe's name not being on anything.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Animosus said:

After a long time of sharing with those who would know, I'm glad the documentary found a former associate of Joe to make clear that his role as middle aged and self made guru dispensing spiritual bon bons was just that .. a role.

Those acting classes were being repurposed through Gwen's coaching and Joe's growing ego contributed as well. He didn't know any more about the Bible and its application than what his Hallmark card dialogue made him seem to grasp.  And for Gwen, lost in her gushing middle age honeymoon crazy, that was fine. All knew who wore the pants in that department.

I honestly don't think they knew how they were going to proceed with his next characterization. They were too busy enjoying Life and letting Zion burn before the fateful crash. One thing Grider DID say that I DID agree with is that she did find another lead for her soap opera there.

Joe truly was that, but the Remnant effort to anoint him as a new David Koresh firebrand (another scruffy musician whose zeal was nourished by his association with the Branch Davidian matriarch before his ascendancy) would likely only have lead to him becoming just an Edward Francis instead. Francis was the one time paramour of cult leader Elizabeth Clare Prophet whose 15 year marriage ended after a "growing apart" ..  Joe just didn't have the depth to sustain that kind of role, but it sure was Fun while he played the Man.

11179E8C-3B24-4AF9-B273-A3764FA2D326.thumb.jpeg.423f44bc5688513b0bfd5875c20f4db1.jpeg

Edited by Pathologic Antagonist
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

It's not uncommon for a later life marriage in any circumstance for the partners to keep their premarital assets separate.

This is true and it's also why so many older couples who've gotten together later in life (after divorce or the death of a spouse) do not marry legally even when they may be from socio-religious backgrounds that frown on "living in sin" together. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

In the footsteps of Dan Grider.  Really, I was on a pub crawl, but was thinking of y'all as I passed this infamous building in Nashville.  ☺️ 

Spoiler

20211021_133418(0).thumb.jpg.3b4be3ceed1fbc8a95ddee12f06d9bce.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • Love 3

I have finished the deep dive.  I should have called in rescue ferrets, but as this was my second time reading them I thought I would be ok.

so 21 threads and one of the most consistent questions that we only have speculation for is why did the Angers get removed from leadership?  

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

Last night, I watched the Wednesday show.  There were announcements (by a VERY peppy girl), a prayer, couple of songs, and then a talk show like panel talking about and interviewing the couple getting married on Saturday.  "You too can have happiness and FUN like us!!!"  Is this the selling point?  At least they did not say, you have to be thin to get married. But they did stress "how beautiful, wonderful and amazing the Remnant weddings are...

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

49 minutes ago, Baxsmom said:

Last night, I watched the Wednesday show.  There were announcements (by a VERY peppy girl), a prayer, couple of songs, and then a talk show like panel talking about and interviewing the couple getting married on Saturday.  "You too can have happiness and FUN like us!!!"  Is this the selling point?  At least they did not say, you have to be thin to get married. But they did stress "how beautiful, wonderful and amazing the Remnant weddings are...

I watched it too. It was so incredibly cringe. They chose to base an entire service around talking about these 2 people getting married. To spare anyone else the agony, it was like a rehearsal dinner where everyone gets up and talks about the couple....except on stage, for the church service.  It's crazy to me, because I think RF is trying to prove to all the looky-loos that they only focus on god and that is what their church is all about, and it is totally coming across completely narcissistic. 

And side note: I think Durville Patton might be stepping into limelight a little bit more. He was sitting in the "Gwen Chair" during the panel. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Okay, I’ve previously been enlightened about such FJisms as Rufus, but how did the idea of rescue ferrets come about? Do I even want to know?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Okay, I’ve previously been enlightened about such FJisms as Rufus, but how did the idea of rescue ferrets come about? Do I even want to know?

I don't actually remember. I'm thinking it might have come from Raquel's magical penis ferrets somehow (BTW, did y'all know she's a pagan now? Talk about a 180!) possibly combined with @HerNameIsBuffy loving to horrify me with pictures of that horrible attack ferret in a dress.

Edited by Destiny
verb tenses are important
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

The wedding colors for the couple getting married Saturday are brown, light brown, and ivory. -- or as I think of them -- mud, dirt, and sand.

Those are the saddest, most depressing wedding colors I've ever heard of.  Now that Gwen is gone who is picking the wedding colors? Were these mandated by Gwen before the crash? 

Is ii possible that as we get farther from the crash date, couples will choose their wedding colors themselves?  Crazy thought I know. Can't have people who aren't "under authority" for every single decision in their lives.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic