IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 21: 53 Standing Ovations and I Move to Brentwood!

nelliebelle1197

What about Gwen calling on the head of the Scientology Church in Nashville. Brian Fesler, to come to RF and give his opinion on how to generate more income?? Crazy!!!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Jb003 said:

What about Gwen calling on the head of the Scientology Church in Nashville. Brian Fesler, to come to RF and give his opinion on how to generate more income?? Crazy!!!!!

Have we heard that from anyone other than Dan? Was that in the documentary? (I haven't seen it, obviously.)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Have we heard that from anyone other than Dan? Was that in the documentary? (I haven't seen it, obviously.)

I don’t remember seeing that in the documentary. I don’t know if that started with Dan or if he got it from a more reliable source. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, Jb003 said:

That was on Dan Gryder's video.  I haven't seen it anywhere else.  I am not sure if he has evidence for that beyond a couple of pictures of Brian Fesler with Remnant members.  Maybe there are some Remnant members floating around FreeJinger that can enlighten us.  

Also I thought this was an interesting article. 

Rev. Brian Fesler of the Church of Scientology Nashville just elected Vice President of Religion Communicators Council - The Tennessee Tribune (tntribune.com)

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

2 minutes ago, Animosus said:

I am not sure if he has evidence for that beyond a couple of pictures of Brian Fesler with Remnant members.

I have a picture with Garrett Wang and Kate Mulgrew. Clearly I'm up to be a member of the Voyager bridge crew!

Pressed submit before I meant to. I'm not saying that the scientology connection is impossible, but seems somewhat unlikely to me. I'd like to see some additional sourcing before I believe it.

Edited by Destiny
more words
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

I need to rewatch that particular segment of the video and see what he says. I know some of the info Dan Gryder has given has not been factual. When he talks about expenses that Elizabeth and Michael pay out monthly for properties he fails to mention some of that is rental property.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

15 hours ago, Jb003 said:

If it happened, that is an evil move. I cannot think of ONE positive thing about Scientology.  I guess making loads money was a challenge for her after the costly divorce. (David Miscavige just made his wife disappear).  If Gwen was still alive, I am sure things would have gotten crazier if she was seeking advice from the Scientologists.  Plus I saw saw a video(on you tube) about a secret meeting with the members, weeks before the crash, where she preached about becoming constitutionalists (very Trumpy).  Does this sound right? 

• Upvote 6

24 minutes ago, Baxsmom said:

Plus I saw saw a video(on you tube) about a secret meeting with the members, weeks before the crash, where she preached about becoming constitutionalists (very Trumpy).  Does this sound right?

IIRC, there are several credible sources for this, yes, and there's obvious evidence for her being a Trumper in the form of where she was going when she died.

Re: the Scientology connection, as far as I know, there's only one source and his credibility is not great. One would think that if it were able to be credibly sourced, it would have come up in the documentary, and it did not.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I did rewatch the Dan Gryder video. He does go talk to the head of Scientology but doesn't ask anything about Gwen or Remnant. So hard to know where he got that info from, if it's factual or here say.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

His credibility isn't great. If he's not willing to properly source it with someone on record, I wouldn't believe it myself.

Does anyone remember if the documentary was originally supposed to end at three episodes before the crash? I know they are doing two more, but was that in response to the crash and the doc would have been considered done if the crash hadn't happened? I feel like I read this somewhere and am not sure if I really did or if I dreamed it up.

• Upvote 6

35 minutes ago, Destiny said:

IIRC, there are several credible sources for this, yes, and there's obvious evidence for her being a Trumper in the form of where she was going when she died.

Re: the Scientology connection, as far as I know, there's only one source and his credibility is not great. One would think that if it were able to be credibly sourced, it would have come up in the documentary, and it did not.

Thank you. I know who you are talking about. He is very extreme in his reporting, he lost me with the chicken nugget reference. It would be a good thing if she was not taking advice from Scientology, then there would be no information for the leaders to use moving forward.

• Upvote 1

Channel 5 in Nashville did a small special on RF and the TWD. Phil Williams, their investigative reporter has been reporting on Gwen and RF for the past 20 years- he talks about the interview he did with her about the Smith case. His insight is very thoughtful and accurate imo. There is also a heartbreaking call-in from an ex-member.  Worth a watch. 

https://www.newschannel5.com/plus/openline/gwen-shamblin-lara-remnant-fellowship-and-the-docuseries-the-way-down

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 10

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

His credibility isn't great. If he's not willing to properly source it with someone on record, I wouldn't believe it myself.

Does anyone remember if the documentary was originally supposed to end at three episodes before the crash? I know they are doing two more, but was that in response to the crash and the doc would have been considered done if the crash hadn't happened? I feel like I read this somewhere and am not sure if I really did or if I dreamed it up.

Yes. Initially reported to be 3. Then the crash happened and they decided on the extra 2. Hence the delay between them. The initial 3 had been planned but then when production was winding up the crash happened. I think this will have been mentioned on earlier threads, can't remember the specifics off hand.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

Yes. Initially reported to be 3. Then the crash happened and they decided on the extra 2. Hence the delay between them. The initial 3 had been planned but then when production was winding up the crash happened. I think this will have been mentioned on earlier threads, can't remember the specifics off hand.

That’s what I thought I remembered, and then wasn’t sure if I actually did read that or dreamed it.
  • Upvote 4

Here we go.  New York Times.

While the filmmakers scrambled to incorporate news of the crash and its aftermath into the documentary, HBO Max altered its plans too. Now, rather than release a four-part series at the end of September, the first three episodes of “The Way Down,” will become available on Sept. 30, concluding with a “To Be Continued” message. The final two episodes will debut in early 2022, giving the filmmakers time to deal with the new footage. The documentary now begins with local news coverage of the crash.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/14/business/media/remnant-fellowship-hbo-max-way-down.html

Quoted from @WorseThan1Thinks  back in thread 18. So plan went from 4 to 5. Seems a sensible decision. The crash was money for the making. And a good opportunity to fill the documentary series further. My previous post was inaccurate. Plan went from 4 at release to 3 initially and then 2 more in the new year.

Edited by FrumperedCat
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

I am one who took Dan Gryder’s report about a Scientology connection at face value.  Am I defending what he said, or saying it’s absolutely true? No.

However, I’ve read a lot about Scientology and one of their arms is business consulting: How to put their methodology  to work to improve your business bottom line.

So, if Mrs. Lara had been concerned about her enterprise’s financials, it seems possible that she might investigate what a Scientology-based consultant had to offer.

I haven’t looked at any Scientology pages - for or against - in years. But I distinctly remember someone who asked her dentist about a Scientology pamphlet in his waiting room. His reply had been that Scientology business principles had really been helping his practice, and that he wanted to let others know.

There are enough similarities already between Scientology and RF that I doubt there was any thought of a merger. Refusal to accept any sexual orientation but one, suppression of questions, snitching on other members, disconnecting former members from family - to name just a few. 

Anyway, that’s where I was / am coming from. But y’all are correct: other than Dan’s claim, there’s been no other evidence offered of the possible connection  

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 7

36 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I am one who took Dan Gryder’s report about a Scientology connection at face value.  Am I defending what he said, or saying it’s absolutely true? No.

However, I’ve read a lot about Scientology and one of their arms is business consulting: How to put their methodology  to work to improve your business bottom line.

So, if Mrs. Lara had been concerned about her enterprise’s financials, it seems possible that she might investigate what a Scientology-based consultant had to offer.

I haven’t looked at any Scientology pages - for or against - in years. But I distinctly remember someone who asked her dentist about a Scientology pamphlet in his waiting room. His reply had been that Scientology business principles had really been helping his practice, and that he wanted to let others know.

There are enough similarities already between Scientology and RF that I doubt there was any thought of a merger. Refusal to accept any sexual orientation but one, suppression of questions, snitching on other members, disconnecting former members from family - to name just a few. 

Anyway, that’s where I was / am coming from. But y’all are correct: other than Dan’s claim, there’s been no other evidence offered of the possible connection  

Dan could be right.  I think he dilutes correct info with his fervor to take Remnant down. 

I worked at a chiropractic clinic that was under the umbrella of Scrientology and they do promise better/bigger revenue (but don't say that you have to pay a percentage to Scientology, there will be a heavy push to join the cult to then have purchase their crazy expensive courses and also strongly encourage your emploees to join). NEW MEMBERS!!  They really target small businesses like dentists, vets and chiropractic.  It would have interesting to see why Scientology would help Gwen other than trying to suck her of Remnants money. 

• Upvote 8

13 hours ago, formergothardite said:
19 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I don’t remember seeing that in the documentary. I don’t know if that started with Dan or if he got it from a more reliable source. 

It was introduced in Dan’s video. Not sure if it’s all true, but this part is:

Remnant was active in a group called the Religion Communicators Council — at least about 5 years ago. The Nashville RCC Chapter President  was Rev. Brian Fesler, pastor of the Church of Scientology Nashville (and another article posted shows he’s moved up in the national organization, as Vice President of its Board of Governors).

That’s him on the left with various Remnant regulars, etc.

Don’t know if they’re still associated. But for some reason the righteous, closed-off “called-out” Remnant uncharacteristically wanted to associate with these “counterfeit” churches.

https://www.remnantfellowshipnews.com/2016/09/20/weigh-remnant-host-september-meeting-religion-communicators-council/

B185BDC3-782F-44C8-AC66-9DC5FBDFED72.jpeg

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

I listen to Chris Sheltons channel on You Tube. He's an Sea Org member of more than a decade turned anti-Scienrologist activist. If I remember, correctly Scientology at least initially reaches out to people saying oh yes, you can a Cathholic, a Baptist, a Hindu, etc and still be a Scientolgist. It's is only later that you have to make the strict commitment to Scientology. He says Scientology is above all else, a money making scam so that would be reason enough to take money from Remant for goods and services. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

https://religioncommunicators.org/who-we-are/

If we are using membership in this org as a standard, I’m sure I probably have connections to Scientology too — I probably know at least one Scientologist somewhere either professionally or personally. This organization appears to predate Scientology by 30 years.

Edited by Destiny
Words are hard when I’m tired and my grammar sucked
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

Speaking of Dan Gryder....he has video in a recent YouTube of going to where all the grave sites are. He doesn't say where. Maybe it's common knowledge? I know there are no cemeteries in Brentwood.

1 minute ago, Jb003 said:

Speaking of Dan Gryder....he has video in a recent YouTube of going to where all the grave sites are. He doesn't say where. Maybe it's common knowledge? I know there are no cemeteries in Brentwood.

One of Gwen’s rural properties.

• Thank You 4

He seriously did a YouTube from their graves? Don’t get me wrong, they were all horrible people and do not deserve to Rest In Peace, but that’s gross and classless and tacky. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12

9 hours ago, Jb003 said:

He really is a gross person who only cares about trying to get attention for himself. There is no way their graves are in a public location.  If I was the family I would report this to the police to find out if he was trespassing.  Dan gives off as many red flags as Joe. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic