IGNORED

Jana Duggar 13: I Don't Think She Will :(

nelliebelle1197

James and Jason have posted on their instagram stories that they support Jana Duggar. If you're going to do that can you at LEAST tell us what you're supporting her against, bros? 

• Upvote 12
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

I just remembered this story. Back in the 60's my grandparents had gone on vacation with my dad to the smoky mountains (Near where the Bates family lives). They'd stopped at some kind of park and were having lunch when someone yelled there was a bear. My grandparents panicked, grabbed a child, hopped in the car and drove off. My grandfather looks in the rear view mirror and...they've got someone else's child.  🤣 So they obviously returned him and collected my dad and everything was fine, but our family has laughed at that story for decades.

Edited by lizzybee
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 37
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

The Department of Human Services was called to to the house in 2015 to check on a child in the house. The Duggars wouldn't cooperate. 

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/officials-called-911-after-being-denied-entry-duggars-home-msna615891

Was 2015 when the bodyguard said jd the pilot flew a kid to texas for Treatment rather than have cps visit because of an er visit 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

James and Jason have posted on their instagram stories that they support Jana Duggar. If you're going to do that can you at LEAST tell us what you're supporting her against, bros? 

I

l give Jason a break, he was on Jana’s buddy team back in the day.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, gustava said:

Except someone said Josh the Perv put up property for his legal defense.  Anyone know the specifics?

Do you recall what source you saw this from?  I believe you, FWIW, just curious as to what outlet had that info. Or was it an FJ poster who said that?  There was a chunk of time that I had to be away when this was all going down, because of work. Ugh. 

7 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Jana aside, the tension in that family has to have been through the roof since his arrest.  His kids were living through that, daddy being in Reber jail, likely being fed lies and gaslighting.  That is incredibly hard on kids, even those too young to understand are affected by the stress.

That If Anna chose to spend nights with him rather than home to give her kids support and consistency is unforgivable.

Not illegal, but daddy gone and mommy suddenly being gone some nights too is an avoidable stress they didn't need. 

Kids may be breathing a sigh of relief, we don't know. Maybe they are happy and relieved he's gone. May be me projecting too. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

This is the post James put up and Jason also shared. 614FCD39-CEAE-48B2-87D5-B4F45744F550.thumb.png.181efbca841e5e2eeabacbef4cf6a9c5.png

Am I the only one who thinks she would have pleaded guilty if she truly accidentally left a child in danger? Am I being too optimistic? If I knew I was guilty I'd be in tears and admitting guilt. 

Very unfortunate timing too.

I may be thinking too highly of a Duggar, don't judge a book by its cover and all. I'm way to interested in this families shenanigans

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mlissmartin said:

Am I the only one who thinks she would have pleaded guilty if she truly accidentally left a child in danger? Am I being too optimistic? If I knew I was guilty I'd be in tears and admitting guilt. 

I may be thinking too highly of a Duggar, don't judge a book by its cover and all. I'm way to interested in this families shenanigans

That could just be training. I had it drilled into me as a kid if I was ever in trouble don't ever admit guilt, call uncle lawyer, and shut up.

For all their unworldliness I can see Jim Bob teaching them the same. If so one listened and one reeaaaaallly didn't.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 16

47 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Never mind this

Jana's lawyer is one of Travis Story's associates. I guess Travis only represents the menfolk.🙄

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Mlissmartin said:

I haven’t been on here in forever just cause I’ve been trying to do a bit of a social media/internet detox to focus on myself and school. I’ve been browsing and reading reactions to Josh’s conviction, but this is a random thing I actually feel like commenting on. 

I worked for a district court for a short period of time, and generally if you are charged with anything that could look bad on your record, you would want to plead “not guilty”—regardless of whether you did it or not. Pleading “not guilty” allows you to potentially accept a plea deal, which would lessen your fine & jail time (if applicable). The charge could also be placed “under advisement,” which would keep it from going on your record—usually only offered at prosecuting attorney’s discretion if it’s the first offense. If you have a lawyer, they will generally enter a “not guilty” plea for you by default and attempt to work out a plea deal with the prosecuting attorney. If a plea deal is not taken, then it will go to trial. So on the flip-side, if Jana were to plead guilty, she would have to take whatever the judge sentenced her (which would be more than on the plea deal), and it would most likely go straight on her criminal record. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 25

6 hours ago, lizzybee said:

James and Jason have posted on their instagram stories that they support Jana Duggar. 

Well of course they did- their laundry isn’t going to do itself.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

Fingers crossed, this might kick some sense into Jana, to move out in her own and stop being Mary Poppins to eleventy kids that aren’t hers… 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, ElizaB said:

Just to add to my above comment that I remembered. Years ago a friend of mine was trying desperately to get CPS to intervene with a child she knew. She was given the advice that to get their attention they respond to both quality and quantity. A really dangerous situation (quality) is going to obviously get their attention quickly. However, if you don't have quality, quantity works as well. Any child who has multiple reports on them (even for very small things) are going to flag as well. So every time you see something (even if it is small) make a report. It may not stand out as an individual report; however, multiple small reports do. I believe this was the police putting in a "quantity" report as they know how the system works. 

Meh…. Kind of. But if you’re getting constant reports on every. little. thing. It’s just as likely the worker is going to assume the reports are being made by someone who just doesn’t like the family and has a grudge. Which obviously happens sometimes. Particularly with ex’s and neighbors. 

If the m’s already had an open file -due to interviewing them regarding their creepy father (not implying anything happened to them, but after interviewing they may have offered the family counseling/ parenting classes/ resource referral - maybe home visiting if that’s a thing there - it’s clearly a highly stressful situation) — and one wandered off, and it was officially reported, then a charge might be more likely- particularly since Josh’s CSAM was  such a high profile case- no one would want to be the worker who let something fall through the cracks and then have something bad happen.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Total speculation here on my part, but isn't it possible that it was just a simple case of a child wandering off and being returned by the cops, which normally wouldn't result in formal charges, but when they arrived at the house Jana was a bit of a dick to the cop (possibly even disoriented if she'd just woken up) and he decided 'Screw her, I'm making this formal'...

I've been stopped by the cops for a few minor things over the years (missing wing mirror once, missing number plate another time) and my experience is that when you're super polite and respectful and apologetic, you've a much better chance of getting away without a fine...maybe it was a simple, small incident but Jana gave them guff??

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

Total speculation here on my part, but isn't it possible that it was just a simple case of a child wandering off and being returned by the cops, which normally wouldn't result in formal charges, but when they arrived at the house Jana was a bit of a dick to the cop (possibly even disoriented if she'd just woken up) and he decided 'Screw her, I'm making this formal'...

I've been stopped by the cops for a few minor things over the years (missing wing mirror once, missing number plate another time) and my experience is that when you're super polite and respectful and apologetic, you've a much better chance of getting away without a fine...maybe it was a simple, small incident but Jana gave them guff??

I've been stopped going over the speed limit once, on the paved road that led out of our rural valley. I had only seen sheriff deputy cars on that road a handful of times in twenty years. I was astonished: to see a marked car on the road, and the even more astonished when he told me how fast I was going. (The speed limit was 25; I thought I was going 35; and he clocked me at 55.) I was ruefully apologetic, expected a ticket and was surprised when he didn't write one. (I was more worried about the blemish to my driving record than I was the cost of the ticket. I hadn't had points against my license in thirty years.) They were just setting the speed trap to get people to slow down. It worked for me: because I knew if I hadn't seen the deputy's car I also wouldn't have seen a deer, horse, cow, or bicyclist on the road. I drove a lot slower along that stretch for the remaining time we lived there. 

Edited by FiveAcres
  • Upvote 6

Lets not forget that one of the things JB is campaigning against is people interfering with family choices.  They object to CPS and parental interference on principle.

A child endangerment charge to them is interfering with parenting and government interference.

CSAM - is clearly wrong and illegal.

A child wondering - may have been safe in their eyes, may have been the responsibility of a too young child who'd been deputised to be in charge, was being disobedient. 

If a child was wondering, they won't believe it was Jana's fault.  The fault of the child who wondered, the fault of the parents who didn't discipline enough to stop the child wondering, possibly if there was another child supposed to be minding the littles they would have some responsibility.

Don't forget that the Duggars support the Pearls - don't childproof the house, houseproof the child.  A child who can wonder, is a child who by their standards should be disciplined and trained into not wondering.

• Upvote 9

Keep in mind when looking at how Jana or other family members respond here (meaning Duggars) is they are in a cult.  They have labeled it and white wash it as Christianity , but it is a cult.

Jana won’t move out, because the cult says that is wrong because she is unmarried.

The girls’ book said something about the siblings older than you have authority over you.  AND that the family made a game of have the younger kids go to all sorts of funny things just because an older sibling told them to.  Let that sink in.  A GAME.  But let’s be honest, the game was to drill into the younger kids head that Jana or Jessa or Joe or yes even Josh was an authority over them.  So it’s more than just bal key training or smacking kids with a wooden spoon or a glue stick.  

And until/unless the whole citation is made public and the legal details come out, we won’t really know what happened.  

And as long as I’m finger typing all this.  Personally, references to anything that comes from Cousin Amy (kept on the outside and at length for years at this point) or Katie Joy/WOACB is suspect.  KJ is not a journalist, her sources are suspect- if they exist at all (because a lot of times her source is trash like The Sun (also an unreliable source), or Reddit subs if the snark variety.  Likewise p!ckl3s is unreliable for similar reasons.  

• Upvote 11

I live on a quiet little cul de sac in a very big city.  On our street I see children alone all the time. I don't bat an eye over it unless there is something else to raise a concern. There was one family that I and a number of neighbours reported (for me it was because I found their toddler wandering alone near the closest busy intersection and the parents seems not at all concerned when I returned the child) but multiple reports to the authorities resulted in nothing more than an investigation with no charges laid. 

I don't know the law is in rural Arkansas but I imagine things roll out somewhat similarly to the way they do in my neighbourhood. People aren't reporting a teen/preteen (the ages of Josie/Tyler who I think are the youngest two at home) alone outside unless there is something else worrying about the situation. And even multiple red flags don't result in an arrest unless it is really bad or really frequent. 

I don't know the true story  so here's my two cents: I think the situation involved one or more of the grandkids who are still quite young and I think it was not the first time someone had reported the Duggars and not the first time an investigation had been done. I suspect that JB and Michelle do the same sort of thing but Jana was the one who was caught or possibly made a scape goat.

I await with great interest to find out what really happened.

• Upvote 5

I’ve always been annoyed by how much my kids always seemed to be up my butt when they were little. But I guess I never realized the positive of it. Kids who are always up your butt aren’t wanderers! They never wandered out of the house or anything like that. Because they were constantly pestering me, “mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy” all day long. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

My mom tells the story of when I was about 3 and we were playing hide and seek.  Apparently when it was my turn to hide I snuck out of the house. Of course it took her a few minutes to realize I was nowhere to be found indoors. She looked all over our cul-de-sac and couldn’t find me. By this time she is panicking. She ran to the street behind ours and started looking there. She found me hiding on the floor in the backseat of someone’s car parked in their driveway!  It was the late 70s/early 80s and the car was unlocked so I had just climbed right in!  I have no memory of this but it has certainly stayed with my mom!  

I’ll reserve judgement on Jana until we have more information of what actually happened. Until then I’ll just say it totally sucks for her the way EVERYONE just expects her to watch THEIR children!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I have a feeling Michaela Bates is treated much like Jana. When Erin went out of town with Chad, Michaela watched her kids. I bet she’s asked to babysit a lot because she doesn’t have any kids. I think it’s shitty that fundies will have kid after kid after kid and expect everyone else to help. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 21
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic