IGNORED

Jana Duggar 13: I Don't Think She Will :(

nelliebelle1197

I think normally, this wouldn’t warrant a, well, warrant, unless the child was in a dangerous intersection and the adult was passed out from drugs, booze or both, which I seriously doubt is the case here.  I think it’s is more of a reaction to who the Duggars are and their current standing in their community than what actually happened. If any children had been physically harmed, we’d have heard about it by now. Given Josh’s transgressions and fail whale of a way all of this has been handled for years, I suspect the Duggars can expect a lot more scrutiny over their lifestyle and parenting choices going forward. To which I emphatically say: Good!!

Edited by Hera
Who the Duggars are is different than who the Duggars ate…
  • Upvote 16
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, SimplyMe said:

I have to wonder if this wasn’t the first or second time something like this has happened and they finally decided to get more serious about it.  We’ve seen how totally negligent they are even when they know there are cameras on them, I have to think this isn’t an uncommon theme with them.

The Department of Human Services was called to to the house in 2015 to check on a child in the house. The Duggars wouldn't cooperate. 

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/officials-called-911-after-being-denied-entry-duggars-home-msna615891

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 6

I’m still not 100% sure if the Duggars were at the Bontrager camp when Jana’s citation happened since the Family camp is 2 weeks long. When they posted pics, it was just a big photo dump after the 2 weeks. But it wouldn’t surprise me if Jana was one of the only adults there because a lot of others were at camp. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Hera said:

I think normally, this wouldn’t warrant a, well, warrant, unless the child was in a dangerous intersection and the adult was passed out from drugs, booze or both, which I seriously doubt is the case here.  I think it’s is more of a reaction to who the Duggars ate and their current standing in their community than what actually happened. If any children had been physically harmed, we’d have heard about it by now. Given Josh’s transgressions and fail whale of a way all of this has been handled for years, I suspect the Duggars can expect a lot more scrutiny over their lifestyle and parenting choices going forward. To which I emphatically say: Good!!

Or it was a repeat offense. I said this before, if this citation was outside the normal scope of practice and guidelines, I would hope that this wrong would be nullified at next month’s hearing and expunged from Jana’s record. The Duggars have a lot of moving pieces and members, and as far as I know, numerous families live on the property. I am sure that over the years, authorities have been called to that location on numerous occasions. With a family that size stuff is going to happen more often than when you’re dealing with a 3, 4 or 5 member family.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m still not 100% sure if the Duggars were at the Bontrager camp when Jana’s citation happened since the Family camp is 2 weeks long. When they posted pics, it was just a big photo dump after the 2 weeks. But it wouldn’t surprise me if Jana was one of the only adults there because a lot of others were at camp. 

I checked Instagram last night.  They may not have been there, but the social media posts shows JB, Meech and the kids not in Arkansas.  They then went on a road trip traveling after that.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Now, now, now- was JJD her accountability partner? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, clueliss said:

I checked Instagram last night.  They may not have been there, but the social media posts shows JB, Meech and the kids not in Arkansas.  They then went on a road trip traveling after that.

Yeah, I figured they went to Mt Rushmore after the family camp since they were already north of AR. The 6 youngest, JB, Michelle, and Jer were all at camp. That just leaves Jana at home with a few adult brothers that were probably not around. 

• Upvote 3

Didn’t the family trip happen while there were preliminary hearings in Josh’s case? In which case it was feasible Anna was at court and the children were left with Jana.

Okay, I am enjoying seeing the Duggar empire fall as much as anyone, but I feel like there has to be more to this story then just a child wandering away.  Or if there isn't it seems a bit mean to charge their babysitter with a crime.  I mean, that can happen to any parent.  The panic you feel as a parent when that happens is a far worse punishment than anything a court could throw at you.  It sort of makes me wonder how long the child was missing or what other circumstances were at play to take it to this level.

I can't help but wonder if something didn't happen when Anna was camped out at the Reber's with (convicted felon) Smuggar and away from her kids.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

39 minutes ago, SimplyMe said:

I have to wonder if this wasn’t the first or second time something like this has happened and they finally decided to get more serious about it.  We’ve seen how totally negligent they are even when they know there are cameras on them, I have to think this isn’t an uncommon theme with them.

That would be my speculation too, that perhaps this has happened two or more times already, so the police felt a stronger consequence than a standard warning was necessary.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

The Duggars live near a couple of small ponds. It’s also possible a child was too near the neighbor’s pond without any supervision. 

EFC28C93-783D-4F18-8099-22BBB770E5FD.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

1 minute ago, EmmieJ said:

That would be my speculation too, that perhaps this has happened two or more times already, so the police felt a stronger consequence than a standard warning was necessary.  

So many families have escaped kiddo stories and as shown here, the kid is okay and time has passed you can look back on it as a lesson learned and funny story.

That said nothing funny about child endangerment, but as everyone seems okay and there has to be a reason please let it be Jana got into Michelle's meds and the "I don't know those kids" rumors are true because that would add drug use to Jim Bobs list of reason Christian's don't want him as a senator, but also we've finally get the answer to the question I've been asking for years...

What is Michelle on?!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

47 minutes ago, ifosterkittens said:

Josh gets a million-dollar defense. I wonder what Jana will get. Is JB is willing to shell out for a pricey lawyer for Jana? I don't think I would be entirely surprised if JB told Jana she had to pay for her own lawyer or was put on some sort of payment plan to repay JB for the expensive lawyer. 

If she gets Josh's old lawyer, does that count as buying used and saving the difference? Asking for a friend...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 41
  • Love 1

On 12/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

She is nuts and unreliable, but the charges are legit. The info is online and the charges were confirmed by the court clerk. Her ‘source’ provided very unsavory but also unverifiable details…I won’t repeat them here since KJ deleted them.  

KJ crosses the lines so many times into the world of fantasy I do not know where to begin.  The latest was she was saying Josh was getting 40 years because she did not understand the difference between concurrent and consecutive sentences.  The other was video where she was drunk as a skunk (video take down but other YouTubers have archived it).  Do yourselves a favor if you have not watched her videos:  SKIP HER CHANNEL.  She does not need anymore clicks for either cash or self-validation. 
I have recently wondered if she is Pickles on Facebook.  It seems like the stuff posted would be right up KJ’s alley.

With regard to Jana:  Whatever she may have been arrested for is pretty sad.  I have always felt sorry for her.  She has been forced to raise 18 kids and counting.  The mothers of the kids:  WATCH & RAISE YOUR OWN KIDS.  JANA IS BURNT OUT. 

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1

The negative posts on JB’s senate page are mounting. Eleventy billionty FUs and counting. 

• Upvote 26
  • Haha 8

It's possible that Jana went to take a nap and put the oldest child in the house in charge of the younger ones, as Jana herself was so often put in charge of her younger siblings. That would be business as usual for her. But then the little one(s) escaped from the older child. Legally, Jana would be responsible.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

One thing that people keep talking about is the panic when you realize your kids is missing, which I understand, I had a wanderer, but this incident seems to indicate that Jana didn’t know that the child was even missing, because she was asleep until the officer made the notification. Is this true? 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

It's possible that Jana went to take a nap and put the oldest child in the house in charge of the younger ones, as Jana herself was so often put in charge of her younger siblings. That would be business as usual for her. But then the little one(s) escaped from the older child. Legally, Jana would be responsible.

I think it's certainly plausible, but I can't see how this would result in a citation any more than a one off from parents.  They would have lectured the older kid about being careful and Jana that they weren't to be left in charge.

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

One thing that people keep talking about is the panic when you realize your kids is missing, which I understand, I had a wanderer, but this incident seems to indicate that Jana didn’t know that the child was even missing, because she was asleep until the officer made the notification. Is this true? 

That's the rumor.  Another part to it was that initially pretended she didn't know who the kids were, which I really want to be true because that's so weird.

• Upvote 13

Re: the Jana denied knowing who the kid(s) are rumor - if the initial conversation with the police involved some sort of “your child/ren”, I can see Jana saying she doesn’t have children and there being some confusion there that got turned into denying she knew the kid(s) involved. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

We lost Wolf Boy on vacation once. We had to call the sheriff. He found an older couple and asked for help. He was 6 at the time. The deputy  delivered him to us. Much gratitude, hugs and tears, but no citation. He drives a submarine now, and doesn't get lost anymore. This was the days before cell phones.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 8

4 minutes ago, Hera said:

Re: the Jana denied knowing who the kid(s) are rumor - if the initial conversation with the police involved some sort of “your child/ren”, I can see Jana saying she doesn’t have children and there being some confusion there that got turned into denying she knew the kid(s) involved. 

That rumor came from KJ, and she’s since deleted that part of her story. She discovered her ‘insider’ wasn’t reliable.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 7

So my theory is the it was one of the M kids and the police were trying to be extremely thorough in protecting them. Since Josh had yet to be given the guilty verdict when this happened and there wasn't any solid evidence of mistreatment the authorities had their hands tied with them. As logical humans they may have wanted to do something to protect these kids; but there was nothing they could actually do. So they are going to be really really thorough and really scrutinize anything they see. They want "official" reports on anything that happens to these kids. It can be hard for CPS to intervene when they don't have some solid evidence of mistreatment. The authorities want a case file on these kids. Unfortunately, Jana was the one who has to take the fall this time. She made a mistake that a normal parent would probably be given a warning for. However, they wanted official records that something went down and this was the way to do it. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

Something else I just thought of; most parents might do something that others might label as dangerous or a safety concern more readily with their OWN kids vs a child they were babysitting. I was certainly more easy going with my own vs my granddaughter. I am not going to allow anything to happen to her on my watch. I can’t imagine Jana deciding to take a nap unless maybe Mack was there to help out. In September Mack would have been weeks away from being 12, the age to babysit. If Mack wasn’t present and Jana took a nap, I’d say that’s questionable judgment on Jana’s part. I don’t think I’d leave 10 YO Michael in charge of an 8, 6, 4 and 2 YO. Of course in the Duggar house kids are nothing more than a number, unless they are providing free labor.

• Upvote 1

Just to add to my above comment that I remembered. Years ago a friend of mine was trying desperately to get CPS to intervene with a child she knew. She was given the advice that to get their attention they respond to both quality and quantity. A really dangerous situation (quality) is going to obviously get their attention quickly. However, if you don't have quality, quantity works as well. Any child who has multiple reports on them (even for very small things) are going to flag as well. So every time you see something (even if it is small) make a report. It may not stand out as an individual report; however, multiple small reports do. I believe this was the police putting in a "quantity" report as they know how the system works. 

Edited by ElizaB
spelling
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9

1 hour ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

The Department of Human Services was called to to the house in 2015 to check on a child in the house. The Duggars wouldn't cooperate. 

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/officials-called-911-after-being-denied-entry-duggars-home-msna615891

Wait a minute, didn't someone who claimed to be a bodyguard say that a Duggar child was flown to Texas in the middle of the night in 2015 to avoid a trip to the hospital and a call to DHS?  Hmmmm.....wonder if if the the bodyguard is telling the truth and this is related?

Edited by RosyDaisy
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic