IGNORED

Webster4Eva 10: If Alyssa Doesn't Record It, Then Does It Really Exist?

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

It's a privilege thing, I guess. Where I live, people go strawberry picking to get strawberries. Whole families are out in the field, including little kids. They pick buckets and buckets of berries, then go home, can them then.  . . use them for food! I'm out in the fields every year, even though it can get pretty hot, and it's hard work to keep bending over.

That's what strawberry picking is about, for many people. A strawberry farm is a place to get strawberries, to can, dry and eat. It's not a photo shoot.

I am sure they picked some strawberries too? But please, no one visiting a pick it yourself field is a farmer or will pick the amount of stuff like a farmer. Or do it horrible weather because it has to be done. It’s a fun family activity, people pay money for to do so. 
The thing is, there is a chance some or all of the white dresses were ruined afterwards (even though stain remover or the good old citrus and sunshine works wonders on plain white). But you have that possibility every time you put your children in white. Even in the house. They also have that many clothes I am not really sure Alyssa is bothered by something she has to actually throw away after she got her IG perfect picture. She could be giving her girls a hard time and make them sit out a lot. Who knows. But we haven’t seen any of that. We also don’t often see them wearing those more fancy outfits more then once (at it feels like that). Whenever I see them in action with the cousins those girls seem to be fine. 

I find cultural underlying mindsets around clothes very interesting. I don’t think anyone here has children’s or adults clothes for Sunday anymore (not since the 60’s). On the same hand wearing joggers/yoga pants as pants if definitely raising eyebrow in almost all generations (it’s lounge, sports wear and maybe on the way to or from the gym/sport). Most parents will judge you for a slob or trashy straight away. 
I mean, yes we look our child presents nice when they take photos in kindergarten (which means looks presentable when we hand over. A lot can happen till the photos are actually taken). But someone really put their son in a suit. I definitely thought it over the top, but hey doesn’t hurt me or the boy one bit.

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1

A couple of those pictures of the girls are very cute, if you are there for a family photo shoot. I find it odd that the youngest wasn't more coordinated with Alyssa and the other three. It's easy enough to find all-white outfits for babies. Were they there for pictures or for actual strawberry picking? 

The pressure to always look good must be immense. Picking fruit is a dirty business. Maybe this was just for show. "Wouldn't it be cute if the girls wore their white dresses in a strawberry patch. It'll be like (our christian conservative romanticized) olden days! We can post pictures of our beautiful selves and get our egos stroked about how beautiful we are!"

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

A couple of those pictures of the girls are very cute, if you are there for a family photo shoot. I find it odd that the youngest wasn't more coordinated with Alyssa and the other three. It's easy enough to find all-white outfits for babies. Were they there for pictures or for actual strawberry picking? 

The pressure to always look good must be immense. Picking fruit is a dirty business. Maybe this was just for show. "Wouldn't it be cute if the girls wore their white dresses in a strawberry patch. It'll be like (our christian conservative romanticized) olden days! We can post pictures of our beautiful selves and get our egos stroked about how beautiful we are!"

Well, and this seems to be why some people are annoyed at her. Her endless performative nature appears somewhat exploitative rather than an effort at cozily building family memories. I don't care much, but I think it's unfair to say this has all been just judgment against how cute they all are. They're posing for an ad rather than a scrapbook, and it can be frustrating to witness in people who say they live for Christ, etc.

If I followed them on Instagram instead of mostly just kooky stuff and my friends, I expect I'd see them as yet another pretty static thing most of us don't have the time or money to achieve, no different from most of the rest of it. 

• Upvote 4

Social media is Alyssa’s job, and posts with 4 coordinating little girls is her aesthetic.  If she started posting them not dresses as they are, she likely thinks she’ll lose followers / sponsors.  I have a separate issue with mommy bloggers using their kids to make money without the kids consent, but how Alyssa dresses her girls for photos isn’t the issue. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...

Per the video that posted a little while ago. The Websters are sick. Fever sore throat coughing but they never actually come out and say whether they got a flu test or Covid test. Oh and little Allie is such a good help.

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

They didn’t say what they had. The wording was such that they were very very careful not to mention Covid. On the other had all the symptoms seem to match Covid. My suspicion is they didn’t bother getting a test just so that they didn’t have to know.

Also while he was sick on Christmas his family’s Christmas gathering and then came home with symptoms. So whatever they have. She is a spreader.

• Upvote 9
  • Angry 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Also while he was sick on Christmas his family’s Christmas gathering and then came home with symptoms. So whatever they have. She is a spreader.

Could you please retype this paragraph? I think it’s missing some words, but I can’t figure it out. Is “he” John and “she” Alyssa?

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Could you please retype this paragraph? I think it’s missing some words, but I can’t figure it out. Is “he” John and “she” Alyssa?

Yes, but I’m not retyping the whole thing.  

• Upvote 2

I bet fundies are way less likely to get tested than non-fundies. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had it. They don’t seem to take precautions and even if they had the original Covid last year like so many of the Bateses, they could get omicron now. 

• Upvote 11

I don’t blame them for not announcing covid  - I honestly think it’s kind of weird how everyone does - just let any people you were in contact with know and stay home and rest. Of course I wouldn’t Instagram about any illness really either, though, so, hard to compare - haha. We have many little kids and  I don’t see the point of getting everyone tested. If kids were to get sick with covid symptoms during this wave we would all hunker down and quarantine. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7
  • Eyeroll 4

57 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I don’t blame them for not announcing covid  - I honestly think it’s kind of weird how everyone does - just let any people you were in contact with know and stay home and rest. Of course I wouldn’t Instagram about any illness really either, though, so, hard to compare - haha. We have many little kids and  I don’t see the point of getting everyone tested. If kids were to get sick with covid symptoms during this wave we would all hunker down and quarantine. 

I think it was more important to announce in the beginning when a bunch of covidiots started saying it was a hoax and no one really has it. 

• Upvote 11

16 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

They did a youtube video though just to announce they were sick. Like that was the whole purpose of the video, they didnt show anything else or wasnt even a vlog, just them talking to the camera saying they are sick. The whole point seemed to create speculation on if it was or not Covid.

I am kinda surprised she still went to the christmas celebration with all the family despite John already showing symptoms because i remember months ago she mentioned she wasnt going to the 4th of july celebration because a few of her sisters kids were sick, and she didnt want to expose herself or her girls. Now it just seems very hypocritical since she has no problem exposing others.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

As for not mentioning covid, apparently YouTube will de-monetize a video if it uses certain key words. Covid is one of them. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

Don't Addee and Ellie get homeschooled anymore??  They seem to be constantly spending long periods of time with the older, married sisters...

🤔🙄😑

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Don't Addee and Ellie get homeschooled anymore??  They seem to be constantly spending long periods of time with the older, married sisters...

🤔🙄😑

That is their education.. 😂😂

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 11
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

I don’t understand why they have siblings visit so much. Well; I guess I do - free labor. The boys seem to come to do stuff for the house and the girls come to babysit. Considering airfare is one of the biggest emitters of co2 it just drives me nuts when I see people flying around constantly for dumbass reason.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, UnicornHunter said:

I don’t understand why they have siblings visit so much. Well; I guess I do - free labor. The boys seem to come to do stuff for the house and the girls come to babysit. Considering airfare is one of the biggest emitters of co2 it just drives me nuts when I see people flying around constantly for dumbass reason.

I think the younger kids don’t have anything close to a regular social life. So this is their way of getting out of the house and socializing. With their extended family of course. 

• Upvote 8

12 hours ago, UnicornHunter said:

I agree that young sisters go to help, but I think it is a reward for them. When they go to Florida, they go to the beach, restaurants, meet people... Yes they babysit and clean, but it must be a vacation compared with their house. At home they also work and I suspect their lives are very boring (no school, living in the country, Gil's brainwashing etc).

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I agree that young sisters go to help, but I think it is a reward for them. When they go to Florida, they go to the beach, restaurants, meet people... Yes they babysit and clean, but it must be a vacation compared with their house. At home they also work and I suspect their lives are very boring (no school, living in the country, Gil's brainwashing etc).

I think that they’d love the Websters’ house: better weather, nice house, swimming pool, lots of junk and fast food/coffee runs. 

• Upvote 13

8 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm not sure how often they go to the beach. They are in central florida. The nearest beach is an hour away, and most beaches are two hours away. Alyssa doesn't pack up to go to the library very often, let alone the beach. Plus, it's not exactly hot in Florida in January, I've been there many times in the winter. 

Also, does Alyssa really say, "Addie, can you clean my bathroom? Ellie, please tidy up the kitchen." I would never have spoken to my younger sibs that way, wouldn't feel I'd have the right to ask them to do my cleaning.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Well…lots of photos of the Websters out and about and no masks in sight? Is FL Omicron free? I truly don’t get it. We are all vaxed and follow precautions and guidelines, and still have COVID in the house. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

On 1/10/2022 at 12:56 PM, SassyPants said:

Well…lots of photos of the Websters out and about and no masks in sight? Is FL Omicron free? I truly don’t get it. We are all vaxed and follow precautions and guidelines, and still have COVID in the house. 

My more liberal SIL who lives in Tampa said there's somewhat more masks but generally everything is normal, a huge contrast to areas on the east coast that have been going into lcokdown mode. People there don't care and the politicians have actively forbid mask mandates, especially in schools.

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic