IGNORED

Webster4Eva 10: If Alyssa Doesn't Record It, Then Does It Really Exist?

nelliebelle1197

I’m kind of in the camp that people can serve what they like for thanksgiving. I prefer the traditional stuff but I understand if some people prefer other stuff. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

I knew a family who had tapas for Christmas. They were vegetarian.

We are vegetarian and we go with whatever works for holidays, trying different things every year. This has led to our own traditions forming to replace the traditional holiday foods DP and I grew up with.

Every single year we make Frukey (for Thanksgiving) and Frabbit (for Easter), which are the respective turkey and rabbit made entirely out of fruit. The kids are old enough now that they plan and pick out their types of fruit ahead of time and they each make their own version and have a lot of fun with it.

The other non-traditional/traditional for us big thing is that Thanksgiving must include lasagna. We have a full spread with varying sides, but the lasagna is the main piece. We make it from scratch on Thanksgiving morning and have leftovers for the next day or two, like I remember having with Turkey at my childhood Thanksgivings.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

Today is wedding /bridesmaids dress try on day. I think I’ve isolated another thing that bugs me about these folks. They talk so much about modesty, but never mention vanity. Alyssa’s IG could be summed up in one word, vain. Alyssa loves her some Alyssa, doesn’t she? How do modesty and extreme vanity peacefully co-exist in the Christian world? How does being extremely vain serve Jesus?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Did Alyssa actually just post a video of her blanket training Maci? It's while she's at the dress fitting. Maci is playing and smiles at Alyssa and as she tries to move nearer, Alyssa pushes her back onto the blanket. Can't post a video but here:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20211201_232150.thumb.jpg.8ada0e45f7827e1020a334cd51f6e114.jpgScreenshot_20211201_231747.thumb.jpg.099c68277be69f9b4920e4fd9050a3b5.jpgScreenshot_20211201_232117.thumb.jpg.98311534e3bb32b4b6fe0f3b98754a88.jpgScreenshot_20211201_232129.thumb.jpg.424a4b7274e139f8b79e6514bc421525.jpg

• Disgust 1
  • Sad 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I didn't notice that, but I did notice the video where she complains about having to parent her children.

John was out with the boys, and I guess there were no aunt-moms or sisters available to dump them on? Such hard work for Alyssa.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

I didn't notice that, but I did notice the video where she complains about having to parent her children.

John was out with the boys, and I guess there were no aunt-moms or sisters available to dump them on? Such hard work for Alyssa.

I actually saw her point. They are in town for the wedding. She’s a bridesmaid and had wedding stuff to do and he went off to (I think) the arcade while she went to the dress fitting with 4 kids. She shouldn’t complain about parenting her children, but I kinda f side-eyed him going off with the younger brothers and having her juggle her fitting and the 4 kids.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I actually saw her point. They are in town for the wedding. She’s a bridesmaid and had wedding stuff to do and he went off to (I think) the arcade while she went to the dress fitting with 4 kids. She shouldn’t complain about parenting her children, but I kinda f side-eyed him going off with the younger brothers and having her juggle her fitting and the 4 kids.

I did sorta wonder with ALL those people, they couldn’t find anyone to watch the kids for a couple of hours? Or better yet, pay someone? 

• Upvote 4

Very very OT but I’m watching the show for the first time from the beginning and half wine drunk tonight started wondering - where do some of the girls get the wide bridge noses from? Alyssa and Carlin and others. They are adorable and rock them well but neither parent has a similar one.

Very very OT but I’m watching the show for the first time from the beginning and half wine drunk tonight started wondering - where do some of the girls get the wide bridge noses from? Alyssa and Carlin and others. They are adorable and rock them well but neither parent has a similar one.

their noses are narrow though.

9 minutes ago, rwmw said:

their noses are narrow though.

Really? They look very wide to me, almost identical to “wide bridge nose” before photos for rhinoplasty.

B2E2F2EE-86C4-43BC-8EEE-5AD5559F3665.thumb.png.2940c6363af392cef429e640bbf8aa1d.png

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, UnicornHunter said:

I've always thought Alyssa is a carbon copy of her mother. Also, I would never call her nose wide. I mean, if you think Alyssa's nose is wide I can't imagine what you'd think of mine. 

Spoiler

2136429224_images-2021-12-05T073858_302.jpeg.36c85ebc2cc50d1a092f4867a04b7d98.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

I feel like I’m being pranked. She so obviously has a wide bridge I’m floored anyone would even try to say otherwise. Again, the photo on the left is the before of someone who had a nose job specifically for the wide bridge. Alyssa and Carlin have the same wide bridge. I don’t see it as much in their mom now but in the younger photo you can. 781C3EB1-7A76-41F5-A9AA-4590DA7E9A36.thumb.jpeg.49f23e4040502aee882621375c6700d5.jpeg

• Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, UnicornHunter said:

I feel like I’m being pranked. She so obviously has a wide bridge I’m floored anyone would even try to say otherwise. Again, the photo on the left is the before of someone who had a nose job specifically for the wide bridge. Alyssa and Carlin have the same wide bridge. I don’t see it as much in their mom now but in the younger photo you can. 

It is sad though that that person thought she needed a nose job. Thats a really cute nose, as is Alyssas. Carlin has the wider nose in the family but i still think there is nothing wrong with it.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, llucie said:

It is sad though that that person thought she needed a nose job. Thats a really cute nose, as is Alyssas. Carlin has the wider nose in the family but i still think there is nothing wrong with it.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it either, they are both beautiful! We happen to have a very particular nose in my family on my husbands side so I was just wondering about it last night when it seemed like neither of their parents had the similar wide bridge. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, UnicornHunter said:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it either, they are both beautiful! We happen to have a very particular nose in my family on my husbands side so I was just wondering about it last night when it seemed like neither of their parents had the similar wide bridge. 

I think if you look at Gil's nose. And the noses in his family, you see where the noses came from. Carlin's has always looked different to me. 

• Upvote 2

carlin and alyssa have narrow nostrils which can give the illusion of a “wider nose bridge” but their noses are still very narrow and small.

• Upvote 3

Alyssa says she never blanket trained her kids and was just trying to keep Maci off of a filthy floor

A3D7952A-20EC-4E74-9B10-6B272D3B9EB2.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 3

I believe Alyssa because she only has 4 kids. I think a lot of fundies blanket train once they have a large amount of children in a small amount of time. Like Jill Rod having 9 kids 9 and under. I bet she was blanket training.

• Upvote 3

Under normal circumstances, no one would assume she was blanket training. But Alyssa, your family isn't normal!! People are going to assume anything they want related to your cult, since you grew up in a cult, and until you denounce the cult and change other aspect of your life that are STILL from the cult, then well . . . 

Also, the average mommy blogger probably doesn't even know what blanket training even is. Alyssa knows what it is and chose not to do it. Even the awareness of it is telling. 

Edited by kmachete14
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe Alyssa because she only has 4 kids. I think a lot of fundies blanket train once they have a large amount of children in a small amount of time. Like Jill Rod having 9 kids 9 and under. I bet she was blanket training.

I do not believe Alyssa because a) she said in her video today she put Maci on the blanket because she didn't want her to get dirty - the ground was allegedly filthy. The floor of the boutique where all the wedding dress fittings took place? Really? That's a risk they would take the day before the wedding, getting all those dresses dirty? 

And b) in the original video, Maci smiles and begins to crawl to Alyssa who gently-but-firmly pushes her back onto the blanket and then steps away. There was music over the video so we have no idea if it wasn't accompanied by a harsh "no" - Maci certainly looked sad. 

She may not be hitting her babies to keep them on the blanket, but I don't believe that she isn't training these girls with all the horrible Pearl and ATI methods. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I agree that Alyssa and carlin have wider noses, but imo both the parents do too? Nothing wrong with it; the girls are much prettier than I've ever been! But I'm confused as how people don't see both Gil and Kelly have wider bridges? Not that any of this even matters to anything. LOL

I also don't believe Alyssa. These people all have a well-recorded track record of being pathological liars. So no, she doesn't get the benefit of the doubt here. 

• Upvote 6

Let's see. .. 

• she brought a blanket with her
  • she put the baby on the blanket
  • she provided the baby with toys to play with on the blanket
  • when the baby tried to crawl off the blanket, she nudged her back on it
  • the baby did not scream or protest, but looked sad

I can see why people thought it was blanket training. 

I suspect Alyssa doesn't formally "blanket train"--she doesn't need to. She only has four kids, she has plenty of help, she has her older ones plugged in a lot. But I am sure she expects obedience from her kids. I'm also sure she wanted Maci to stay on that blanket, rather than crawl all over the place.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, meep said:

I agree that Alyssa and carlin have wider noses, but imo both the parents do too? Nothing wrong with it; the girls are much prettier than I've ever been! But I'm confused as how people don't see both Gil and Kelly have wider bridges? Not that any of this even matters to anything. LOL

I also don't believe Alyssa. These people all have a well-recorded track record of being pathological liars. So no, she doesn't get the benefit of the doubt here. 

I’m shocked how much flack I got for the wide bridge observation - I do see them getting it from mom now that I saw her younger photo. I’m so used to seeing her with glasses on and that covers it.

I think Alyssa is telling the truth about the blanket. My third is 5 months and even on the cleanest floor she will find random hairs and they go straight into her mouth. I have a blanket in my diaper backpack that I’ll throw on the ground if we are in a public space. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, meep said:

I also don't believe Alyssa. These people all have a well-recorded track record of being pathological liars. So no, she doesn't get the benefit of the doubt here

Especially since she has admitted to following Ezzo and he teaches “blanket time”. It is basically blanket training you just don’t hit the baby. 

Why would she expect a mobile child to stay on a blanket in a room full of new and exciting things while she is making videos? If this is a one time thing where she needed to put her down but also didn’t want her to crawl she should put the phone down and focus on entertaining her baby. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic