IGNORED

Webster4Eva 10: If Alyssa Doesn't Record It, Then Does It Really Exist?

nelliebelle1197

I saw family on TikTok that does that kind of table spread fairly often and they spread tinfoil down first and I’m such a dork because the first thing that crossed my mind was like oh my gosh tinfoil can be pricey and that’s so much tinfoil!

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

Wait, people do charcuterie boards without plates or individual boards???!!!!  I’ve done it with a large board and then plates that people can fill with whatever they want from the board, and for smaller parties, individual boards, but I’ve never heard of doing a smorgasbord type meal and not offering plates or something for people to use. 

• Upvote 9

37 minutes ago, treehugger said:

Wait, people do charcuterie boards without plates or individual boards???!!!!  I’ve done it with a large board and then plates that people can fill with whatever they want from the board, and for smaller parties, individual boards, but I’ve never heard of doing a smorgasbord type meal and not offering plates or something for people to use. 

It is quite popular on Pinterest. I have thought about it but it just looks too cluttered for me. I have a big board I use for charcuterie nights and if we have company, I will do more than one board, but I can't quite talk myself into the grazing table. But if you look on Pinterest, you can see tons of suggestions and Alyssa's is well executed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Well, I feel like Phoebe Buffey saying this, but now I’ve seen Everything! I just took a look at Alyssa’s Instagram. This may be trendy but I am thoroughly grossed out.  My inner neat freak is dying, and I feel like that’s a recipe for a lot of waste.  I feel a thousand years old for feeling this way, but I’m only 31, I promise. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m positive that in 10 years, everyone will look back in the grazing table trend and go, “what the fuck were we thinking?” 

You guys have to see this grazing table with pasta and sauce 🤢

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/14/people-are-horrified-by-this-womans-pasta-grazing-table-15418877/amp/

Wonder if she’s old enough to have have had a pet rock too? Like someone mentioned in the article, wouldn’t it have been easier to just use 3 big bowls?

• Upvote 6

Ok- I do Pinterest and Insta, but I still thought a grazing table is basically a buffet- tons of beautiful arranged food arrangements. Not necessarily on a wooden board but also in small one portion bowls, placed on paper napkins, trays….. I have seen pictures (or so I thought) and didn’t pick up on it.

Spoiler

405B1D1A-C19E-4C50-88B8-6C21A969F5F5.thumb.jpeg.fc21884e8f765b4ffc23fa559ae7c1cb.jpeg
6CE76B3A-D2D0-4F20-BC07-D7DC32C2F08D.thumb.jpeg.e2e1ff74a0b28ab04816b927cb63fec0.jpeg

Why would you place food bare on the table?

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 8

As an adult I’m not keen on grazing tables, particularly on these covid times, and hope people use tongs. We’ve been to functions with them.  For kids though, I just imagine them licking their fingers and touching food they’re not eating. 
I do wonder if she had  any friends at the party, or just family. At least now with the co-op the Webster girls have the opportunity to make friends.

• Upvote 7

Graze boards would make be feel sick only because I have an aversion to seeing food being touched by others in fact I’d most likely be sick or freaking out. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

Daddy-daughter date for the five year old via instagram. Dressing up, curling hair, and make up involved. 🤢

The lipstick application, ridiculous. How does this behavior support or represent modesty?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

I mean, children do get interested in it if you dress up for special occasions. My three year old is fascinated by nail polish and lipstick. And it’s ok if they want to mimick this behaviour for a special occasion (I am fine with nail polish and dressing up but no make up or hair at this point). Heck it’s ok to put them in nice stuff if you think the occasion calls for it. BUT why is going for a meal or ice cream or a movie with your Dad such a special occasion? That should be a normal thing that just happens? And “dating” a family member - and if you dress up and all that’s definitely outside the normal spending an extra nice time with- is pretty icky. 
I don’t know. I feel extra harsh about it with those Fundies. If, in a normal family, where both put in their 50% of parenting, one parent decides to take the child on a special event and they both get dressed up for it, I wouldn’t judge it at all. Even if they would call it a date. 

• Upvote 15

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

If, in a normal family, where both put in their 50% of parenting, one parent decides to take the child on a special event and they both get dressed up for it, I wouldn’t judge it at all. Even if they would call it a date. 

The problem with these dates (that non-fundies do, too, according to IG), is that are a role-play in which dad is the boyfriend and daughter is the girlfriend. That's very weird. I know that people only want to make the daughter feel special, but that way is completely wrong IMO. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I mean, children do get interested in it if you dress up for special occasions. My three year old is fascinated by nail polish and lipstick. And it’s ok if they want to mimick this behaviour for a special occasion (I am fine with nail polish and dressing up but no make up or hair at this point). Heck it’s ok to put them in nice stuff if you think the occasion calls for it. BUT why is going for a meal or ice cream or a movie with your Dad such a special occasion? That should be a normal thing that just happens? And “dating” a family member - and if you dress up and all that’s definitely outside the normal spending an extra nice time with- is pretty icky. 
I don’t know. I feel extra harsh about it with those Fundies. If, in a normal family, where both put in their 50% of parenting, one parent decides to take the child on a special event and they both get dressed up for it, I wouldn’t judge it at all. Even if they would call it a date. 

Exactly my issue. Individually or even just non-fundie I actually like the idea! 
I did it once fully dressed up nicely with my oldest son because his dad forgot? didn’t want to go anymore? reasons? on a date after I was already dressed. (Too many years ago) All my kids like dressing up and doing their hair thoughtfully. My daughter is very intrigued by makeup. All my kids have gotten one-on-one coffee/chocolate dates with me. If my kids wanted to dress up, do their hair and wear makeup, I would be fine with it. John showed one Allie date where they got McDonalds, ate in the boot of their vehicle and raced around a park. Kid appropriate and cute. But the PARENTS deciding that the girls have to be dolled up with hair, makeup and flowers gives me the ickiest feeling. Fucking enforced gender roles. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I think it is calling it a date and the little hair and makeup video that made it feel weird and a little creepy. Also John coming to the door for her (I thought the flowers were sweet, so won't knock that). When I was younger, my dad and I she what we called "daddy-daughter days", so it was the same concept but he would never have called it a date. And I remember dressing up a couple times, but not like hair and makeup dressed up, just my favorite dress. By the time I was a teenager, it was breakfast at our favorite place and no fancy clothes, the fact that I was up and out the door at 9 a.m was special enough. 

I treasure those memories with my dad, especially since I lost him young and I think individual time with kids is important, but the weird emphasis on it being a 'date' rubs me the wrong way. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 12

13 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

John showed one Allie date where they got McDonalds, ate in the boot of their vehicle and raced around a park. Kid appropriate and cute.

They were dressed up and went to McDonalds for junk food. They ate it in the back of the car while John asked her questions like, "What is going on in your life?" Then they seemed to spend about five minutes in a park (while filming) while John played hide-and-seek in a suit. Allie seemed pleased to be with her dad but bored.

The kid is five. Take her to the movies or a playground. Go to a children's museum. Put on playclothes and run around kicking a soccer ball. It just seemed like they were imposing a grownup's idea of fun (eating and talking about life) onto a child.

Regarding the makeup. Go ahead, put it on a four-year old, if you must, and give her the message that you have to be pretty so dad will be pleased with you. But if you let her wear lipstick and makeup at four, then when she is 11, 12 and 13 you have to do the same. When these girls are young teens, taller than Alyssa and getting noticed by the opposite sex, she won't be able to suddenly forbid makeup because she's uncomfortable with their sexuality. 

• Upvote 9

Her obsession with iced coffee is killing me. It’s so obviously used as a way to eat less and maintain size 0000 even with a thousand kids. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, UnicornHunter said:

Her obsession with iced coffee is killing me. It’s so obviously used as a way to eat less and maintain size 0000 even with a thousand kids. 

I don't know, I assume she uses it as a way to function and keep her eyes open. I drank a ton of coffee when my kids were little, way more than I do now because sleep just didn't happen and my house was a mess, if I was a neat freak like Alyssa? I would have needed a caffeine IV. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, UnicornHunter said:

But she adds half and half and syrups to it. She’d be better off eating veggies, eggs or grilled fish. These gals don’t have naturally thin genes. Age is working for them now, but…remember Kelly was really skinny when she was in her early married years too.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But she adds half and half and syrups to it. She’d be better off eating veggies, eggs or grilled fish. These gals don’t have naturally thin genes. Age is working for them now, but…remember Kelly was really skinny when she was in her early married years too.

She’d absolutely be better off having real food for the same amount of calories but caffeine is an appetite suppressant and a stimulant and as someone else just mentioned I think she really relies on both of those. She needs the energy to keep up her perfect life appearances and the appetite suppressant to keep weight down.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, UnicornHunter said:

She’d absolutely be better off having real food for the same amount of calories but caffeine is an appetite suppressant and a stimulant and as someone else just mentioned I think she really relies on both of those. She needs the energy to keep up her perfect life appearances and the appetite suppressant to keep weight down.

But sugary, milky, coffee drinks are laden with calories. Ask me how I know !  And all those gals guzzle them down. Appetite suppressant or not, they can pack on weight. Ive never seen any of them drink or talk about drinking black coffee. Now consumption of black coffee would work-

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But sugary, milky, coffee drinks are laden with calories. Ask me how I know !  And all those gals guzzle them down. Appetite suppressant or not, they can pack on weight. Ive never seen any of them drink or talk about drinking black coffee. Now consumption of black coffee would work-

I’m fairly certain she fills up with sugar free chemicals, so a large iced sugar free vanilla coffee from McDonald’s is 130 calories. I could absolutely see her surviving off drinks like that until dinner and eating just one real meal a day.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Can we please not internet diagnose Alyssa with an eating disorder or disordered eating?

She eats crap at least some of the time, drinks coffee and we know she works out. She comes from a family that starts out skinny. She might be still in the phase where she can eat everything she wants in large quantities, she might be restricting calories and anything in between. Unless she posts meal plans for every meal she eats and gives advice, it is none of our business! 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

Yeah, I don'5 think Alyssa drinks coffee to keep her weight down, I think she does it to function. Alyssa is still in her 20s, likely still has good metabolism. We can snark on many, many things about her but I am uncomfortable with speculating about her rating and saying she is starving herself. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic