IGNORED

Webster4Eva 10: If Alyssa Doesn't Record It, Then Does It Really Exist?

nelliebelle1197

Just now, formergothardite said:

Especially since she has admitted to following Ezzo and he teaches “blanket time”. It is basically blanket training you just don’t hit the baby. 

Why would she expect a mobile child to stay on a blanket in a room full of new and exciting things while she is making videos? If this is a one time thing where she needed to put her down but also didn’t want her to crawl she should put the phone down and focus on entertaining her baby. 

Or bring a damn stroller. I’m sure she or some family member in TN owns a stroller.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Or bring a damn stroller. I’m sure she or some family member in TN owns a stroller.

Not to excuse her but with 3 kids and a mid size suv I can’t fit even a single stroller. I had to buy a new wagon that’s way too big to take to a store but it’s the only thing that fits behind the third row. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UnicornHunter said:

Not to excuse her but with 3 kids and a mid size suv I can’t fit even a single stroller. I had to buy a new wagon that’s way too big to take to a store but it’s the only thing that fits behind the third row. 

Yeah. With clothes and stuff for 4 kids and 2 adults there isn't a lot of extra car room. And any of her siblings who might have a stroller has a child young enough to need it. Zach, Erin, Josie, Tori and Carlin all have children under 2 (well Holland just turned 2). 

• Upvote 2

I was thinking granny might have a stroller, sippie cups and other kid supplies. I do and my lone granddaughter lives on a different continent!

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I was thinking granny might have a stroller, sippie cups and other kid supplies. I do and my lone granddaughter lives on a different continent!

Yeah, both sets of grandparents kept a small amount of stuff for the grandkids to use. Just a couple of silly cups, a baby spoon, etc…

We used to visit my grandmother that lived in another state a few times a year when the kids were small and she even had a pack and play and a umbrella stroller she kept there so we didn’t have to cart more stuff to the airport. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

Yeah, both sets of grandparents kept a small amount of stuff for the grandkids to use. Just a couple of silly cups, a baby spoon, etc…

We used to visit my grandmother that lived in another state a few times a year when the kids were small and she even had a pack and play and a umbrella stroller she kept there so we didn’t have to cart more stuff to the airport. 

Exactly. And let’s not forget, KJ had 19 kids and seemingly always has GKs hanging around the house.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UnicornHunter said:

An umbrella stroller folds up and takes up very little room.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

An umbrella stroller folds up and takes up very little room.

True, but I actually took one to a hotel this weekend and didn’t realize it didn’t have a five point harness and my newly five month old couldn’t sit up well without them so it was worthless. Our single jogging stroller won’t even fit in the back.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UnicornHunter said:

True, but I actually took one to a hotel this weekend and didn’t realize it didn’t have a five point harness and my newly five month old couldn’t sit up well without them so it was worthless. Our single jogging stroller won’t even fit in the back.

I think the more expensive umbrella strollers, which still take up very little room,  have 5 point. We bought our daughter an UPPA (sp) baby umbrella stroller for her baby as space was a premium, and if IRC it did have a 5 point. However, I think it’s recommended to use after 6 mos of age. 

And  can I just say, with all those babies, there had to have been someone who could let her borrow a stroller for a couple of hours. What are the odds that Whitney’s kids needed a stroller when Whitney was at the fitting too? Or Erin’s 2 YO needed a stroller during those exact hours. This just shows a lack of planning, which is unusual for Alyssa.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 4

I think it’s actually great if Alyssa is deviating from those methods and doesn’t hit her children to make them stay on a blanket.

I will also say I don’t get the difference if I put my child back on a blanket again and again or if I put them in a peck and play or a pram if it’s all done to keep them from roaming and easier managing. In all cases is about restricting their movement so you don’t have to deal with it. A fussy child in a pram or play thing is not happier at all and looks probably just as sad if it would rather play, move, cuddle…. Especially because I highly doubt any of them wouldn’t just snap at their fussy child (at best) instead of getting them out.

And I think we all in some way encourage our children to be able to entertain themes for a bit so we can get stuff done. I much rather see a child that age playing with toys on the floor then being parked in front of the tv. It really depends on the methods used. The mindset behind those Fundies actions certainly doesn’t match mine at all though. And I doubt they are aware of the realistic time frame a small child is capable of doing it.  The best options would have been individual babysitters or two auntie-mums playing with them. Or even *gasp* their fathers or even the mothers taking turns. 

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I think there's fundy blanket training - not ok.

And there's bringing a blanket with you to put on the floor and then bribing your infant to stay on it, or regularly putting them back.  No shouting, no saying no.  Just endlessly plonking the kid on the safe clean blanket while you're at a specific place. If Maci is a climber or wriggler, it may actually be safer/kinder than a travel cot (which she could try and climb) or a strapping her into a buggy (which is unnecessary restraint.

If Alyssa was using non violent, non threatening methods of keeping Maci on a safe clean space while at an event, then that's ok.  The fact that she's said she hasn't done traditional blanket training is actually reassuring.

• Upvote 8

When I had three young kids and 2 large dogs in my Honda  Pilot I bought a good quality umbrella stroller (I had two actually) and they fit nestled in the floor in front of the third row. Then I folded the third row down and the dog kennels went there. We barely fit a few duffle bags but we managed to make it work for a couple of years. Eventually the kids grew and it didn’t work as well and we needed to purchase one of those cargo boxes that fits in the trailer hitch. 

On 12/5/2021 at 9:00 AM, UnicornHunter said:

I feel like I’m being pranked. She so obviously has a wide bridge I’m floored anyone would even try to say otherwise. Again, the photo on the left is the before of someone who had a nose job specifically for the wide bridge. Alyssa and Carlin have the same wide bridge. I don’t see it as much in their mom now but in the younger photo you can. 781C3EB1-7A76-41F5-A9AA-4590DA7E9A36.thumb.jpeg.49f23e4040502aee882621375c6700d5.jpeg

I am watching Erin's makeup tutorial and thanks to this thread I am realizing how wide her bridge is as well. I think the Bates girls all contour and minimize their noses. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And  can I just say, with all those babies, there had to have been someone who could let her borrow a stroller for a couple of hours. What are the odds that Whitney’s kids needed a stroller when Whitney was at the fitting too? Or Erin’s 2 YO needed a stroller during those exact hours. This just shows a lack of planning, which is unusual for Alyssa.

I feel like she just expected she would have a bunch of little sisters carrying her own children around. When that didn't happen she was stuck on her own and not sure what to do!

• Upvote 1

Granny Kelly should have stayed home. Did she need to get fitted? If not, she could have stayed back to help watch the kids. She has 10 daughters and 9 sons, sometimes she will have to miss some activities and experiences… Like making dinner, toilet training toddlers and educating her kids. Sometimes sacrifices must be made.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

The amount of effort it would take to do gentle blanket training with my kid means it would so not be worth it.  She sees herself as an intrepid explorer and woe unto any who prevent her from attempting dangerous feats.  It's a classic case of getting a daughter just like myself when I grew up and my mom is loving it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14
  • Love 3

I know this is Alyssa we’re talking about but how in hell would anybody think this is a suitable outfit for picking strawberries? I just don’t get it… Those poor kids must spend the whole day trying not to mess up their perfectly coordinated clothes.

Spoiler

D801A725-9371-427E-A3E4-EC34670E7F2D.png

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 9

I really doubt the kids were there any longer than it took Alyssa to get the perfect photos.  Those white shoes and socks would be covered in dirt if they girls were actually walking up and down the rows picking.  I don't even think Alyssa does things like that with any intention of participating in the activity- it's just about the photoshoot/video for her viewers.

I take my kids blueberry and strawberry picking all the time, and they're covered in sunscreen and bug spray, wearing shoes that can get muddy, hats, and they end up covered in mud by the end. 

It makes me so sad that so many influencer moms' kids will grow up thinking family activities are simply photoshoots.  

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

I’m afraid Alyssa will keep having kids in order to gain more followers. Older kids aren’t as enticing. Pregnancy and babies are always big attractions on Instagram. I’m afraid that some females on Instagram will feel the urge to have “just one more” so they can grow their followers. I could see her announcing a pregnancy in 2 years once people get tired of all the exact same matching church pictures over and over again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, MomJeans said:

I really doubt the kids were there any longer than it took Alyssa to get the perfect photos.  Those white shoes and socks would be covered in dirt if they girls were actually walking up and down the rows picking.  I don't even think Alyssa does things like that with any intention of participating in the activity- it's just about the photoshoot/video for her viewers.

I take my kids blueberry and strawberry picking all the time, and they're covered in sunscreen and bug spray, wearing shoes that can get muddy, hats, and they end up covered in mud by the end. 

It makes me so sad that so many influencer moms' kids will grow up thinking family activities are simply photoshoots.  

This. We go strawberry and blueberry picking and there is a lot of running and happy telling and competition to pick the most and a lot of dirt. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m afraid Alyssa will keep having kids in order to gain more followers. Older kids aren’t as enticing. Pregnancy and babies are always big attractions on Instagram. I’m afraid that some females on Instagram will feel the urge to have “just one more” so they can grow their followers. I could see her announcing a pregnancy in 2 years once people get tired of all the exact same matching church pictures over and over again. 

Alyssa's content is like 70% Maci, so I think this is a valid fear and she is way less naytual than her sisters. She just comes off stiff. Josie, Carlin and Erin all make it feel like they are having a conversation with you. They might have terrible beliefs but they are very good on camera. Alyssa is not. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 7

Webster girls are often dressed comfy (not in Sundays, but the other days), so I suppose the strawberry pictures were just ANOTHER photo session, not a play date. Allie looks bored, poor thing. I agree that they could be running and playing and having a good time, but it is obvioulsy banned in those white dresses and white shoes. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I know this is Alyssa we’re talking about but how in hell would anybody think this is a suitable outfit for picking strawberries? I just don’t get it… Those poor kids must spend the whole day trying not to mess up their perfectly coordinated clothes.

Hide contents

D801A725-9371-427E-A3E4-EC34670E7F2D.png

Chelsea Pomeroy says “hold my beer” and accessorizes this outfit with petticoats, pinafores, big red bows, and strawberry-shaped purses. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, postscript said:

Chelsea Pomeroy says “hold my beer” and accessorizes this outfit with petticoats, pinafores, big red bows, and strawberry-shaped purses. 

So true. I’m pretty sure they did go strawberry picking at one point with strawberry themed clothing. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Webster girls are often dressed comfy (not in Sundays, but the other days), so I suppose the strawberry pictures were just ANOTHER photo session, not a play date. Allie looks bored, poor thing. I agree that they could be running and playing and having a good time, but it is obvioulsy banned in those white dresses and white shoes. 

Alyssa doesn't realize she'd get much better footage if they girls were able to run and play. Then she could film them excitedly running around, bending down, sitting on the ground looking at insects, and saying cute things with genuinely happy face. If she must turn a family outing into an monetized instagram event, at least get good footage of children who are genuinely excited and happy.

If they were coming from church, why not bring along a change of clothes? It seems she has this idea that her kids must be posed in these ridiculous clothes to attract viewers. I think viewers would rather see natural childish excitement.

How much can they make off these youtube vidoes, that it is worth giving up a Saturday? I went fruit picking with my kids when they were little, and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. I can't imagine wht those kids will remember. "Allie, stand next to Lexi." "Zoey, smile. . smile, honey!" 

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Alyssa doesn't realize she'd get much better footage if they girls were able to run and play. Then she could film them excitedly running around, bending down, sitting on the ground looking at insects, and saying cute things with genuinely happy face. If she must turn a family outing into an monetized instagram event, at least get good footage of children who are genuinely excited and happy.

If they were coming from church, why not bring along a change of clothes? It seems she has this idea that her kids must be posed in these ridiculous clothes to attract viewers. I think viewers would rather see natural childish excitement.

How much can they make off these youtube vidoes, that it is worth giving up a Saturday? I went fruit picking with my kids when they were little, and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. I can't imagine wht those kids will remember. "Allie, stand next to Lexi." "Zoey, smile. . smile, honey!" 

Based on her average views and YouTube metrics, she makes about $250 a video. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic