IGNORED

Webster4Eva 10: If Alyssa Doesn't Record It, Then Does It Really Exist?

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Alyssa's saying that she is exhausted from cleaning/laundry several hours a day. She doesn't see the point because things just get dirty again.

She really needs some advice from an older mom. I'm going to step up to the plate.

1. Put the white "dinning room" chairs and glass table into storage. Buy a nice, slightly worn table and chairs from a consignment shop. Make sure the table top is made of an easy-to-clean material. Keep this set for ten years till the kids are preteens/teens. That glass table you have now gets dirty-looking real fast.

@Jackie3 I agree with a lot of what you said about how Alyssa could make her life easier except for the glass table. It's the only kind I will ever have with kids. They can paint, colour, do craft projects or playdoh on it and I don't have to worry about it. Everything just wipes clean at the end. I suppose if I fussed about every finger print then that wouldn't work. But fingerprints can be wiped off. Damage to a wood table would make me feel upset. Not that Alyssa is doing any art with her kids. 

The white chairs are crazy to have for your every day table. We have dark leather chairs at our kitchen table. They are also easily wipeable with inevitable spills. I do actually have cream leather dining room chairs but we don't eat in the dining room very often. 

But really Alyssa's kids seem to have a sad life. I have been online schooling my 5 year old this year because of Covid and the difference between my son's day and her kids is night and day. For one thing I sit at the table with my son while he does his schoolvso I can help him and hear what his teacher is saying. 

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, Baxter said:

@Jackie3 I agree with a lot of what you said about how Alyssa could make her life easier except for the glass table. It's the only kind I will ever have with kids. They can paint, colour, do craft projects or playdoh on it and I don't have to worry about it. Everything just wipes clean at the end. I suppose if I fussed about every finger print then that wouldn't work. But fingerprints can be wiped off. Damage to a wood table would make me feel upset. Not that Alyssa is doing any art with her kids. 

That does sound very workable for kids. We had a long, low table for the kids with a plastic top. I had never liked those tiny tables they make for kids playrooms, it dosn't give them room to spread out.

I was assuming Alyssa was cleaning off every fingerprint and smudge that inevitably got created every dinnertime. And the white chairs.  .  . how does she get her kids not to touch the seats with their sticky little hands?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

That does sound very workable for kids. We had a long, low table for the kids with a plastic top. I had never liked those tiny tables they make for kids playrooms, it dosn't give them room to spread out.

I was assuming Alyssa was cleaning off every fingerprint and smudge that inevitably got created every dinnertime. And the white chairs.  .  . how does she get her kids not to touch the seats with their sticky little hands?

She's probably a stickler for having those girls wash their hands before eating at the "dinning" room table. 

But from the looks of things, I think those kids mostly eat at the island. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Isn't Alyssa the one who cooked as a child? And she has posted stories of meals. I agree with everything you said here except thr fact that she can't cook. 

I didn't say she can't cook, I said she doesn't cook.

She is often posting on her stories eating out with friends and taking the girls to mcdonalds. Compared to her sisters who post recipes or sponsored reviews of Hello Fresh type boxes, it appears that she has no interest in cooking generally. 

She shows her groceries or snacks lined up for the girls sometimes but it's just processed and prepackaged stuff bought in bulk. 

• Upvote 5

On 10/16/2021 at 6:46 PM, SassyPants said:

True story. Back in the 70s, the NICU  I later worked in used to dispense whiskey nipples to all the babies who could tolerate such, at bedtime each evening. By the time I started working there in the early 80s and after research contraindicated the practice, it stopped. All the older time nurses would lament the passing of the practice when we couldn’t get the babies settled at night. 

My late Scottish MIL swore by a teeny tot of whisky to help my Infant hubby sleep. No wonder he ended up working in the whisky industry for 40 years!!  She was most affronted when I declined to follow her advice when #1 screamed for almost 20 hours a day. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

She's probably a stickler for having those girls wash their hands before eating at the "dinning" room table. 

I really hate unused perfect dining rooms. They just seem like such a waste of space. Lots of McMansions with formal dining rooms are never used. I just don’t see the point of having a room that’s used twice at year. If I ever built a home (I bet I never will), I won’t bother with a formal dining room that I never use. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

Those hands get sticky with food as soon as they start eating. Remember, they are 1, 3, 4 and 6!

• Upvote 1

When my kids were really little, I would put a vinyl tablecloth on the kitchen table. It protected the table and was easy to wipe. Yes, it was ugly. But so is a ton of kids toys and other stuff all over my house. 

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When my kids were really little, I would put a vinyl tablecloth on the kitchen table. It protected the table and was easy to wipe. Yes, it was ugly. But so is a ton of kids toys and other stuff all over my house. 

This is what I do. I buy cheap, seasonal table clothes from the dollar store and then just throw them out. Plus I do like how they look and they add to my season decor. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really hate unused perfect dining rooms. They just seem like such a waste of space. Lots of McMansions with formal dining rooms are never used. I just don’t see the point of having a room that’s used twice at year. If I ever built a home (I bet I never will), I won’t bother with a formal dining room that I never use. 

Our house came with a formal dining room off of the living room, we turned it into a little office for my husband so he can get on his computer and still be around all of us. We have a plenty big enough table in our kitchen (it actually seats 8 ) so why have a prettier version

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

Our house came with a formal dining room off of the living room, we turned it into a little office for my husband so he can get on his computer and still be around all of us. We have a plenty big enough table in our kitchen (it actually seats 8 ) so why have a prettier version

In my childhood home, there was a room that we called the dining room, but it never had a dining table. Because the kitchen was big enough for a table and we always ate in there. The dining room was basically used as the piano room and the place to house all the coats and shoes. The house was built in the 20s so formal dining rooms were the norm. But we just didn’t need it. 

• Upvote 3

I actually have what I guess would be called a formal dining room. This house has a small kitchen, too small for a table. And I wanted something big enough that we could all sit around when the kids come in town. We are big game players too. When we moved into this house I got a big old table with room to seat 10 with the extensions in. But when it's just my husband and me, unless dinner is particularly messy we just eat in the living room and watch whatever show we're on. Perks of empty nest life I guess. My hope is that we will be in a house with an open floor plan someday so it's not a series of boxy rooms like it is now. 

• Upvote 5

I have a formal dining room. But as it's just me it's become a half book room half for jigsaw puzzles. I can host and clear the room but normally it's just a second reception room

• Upvote 4

The concept of a formal dining room made sense when you only had a tiny "breakfast nook" and squished kitchen that maybe had an island. McMansions created "breakfast nooks" that could already fit a 10-person table and giant kitchen islands with stools. In that case, what was the point of the formal dining room? The craziest part is that if you didn't have a family heirloom dining table, you then purchased a thousands of dollars dining room set to use twice a year. Suburban Facebook marketplace is now fully of people trying to sell these Thomasville etc. sets they bought for 3k and nobody wants them, or people are offering $500 and free pickup for the entire thing. 

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

Suburban Facebook marketplace is now fully of people trying to sell these Thomasville etc. sets they bought for 3k and nobody wants them, or people are offering $500 and free pickup for the entire thing. 

This is how I got my dining table for my new house. We don’t have a place for a breakfast nook and our house, while very open concept, has a clear space that a dining table is supposed to go in, so we looked at Facebook marketplace until we found a full table, with a leaf, six chairs, and a cover, for only $400. It was probably thousands new, but there were so many to choose from that we got to pick one that was a great deal. 

• Upvote 9

I think Maci wasn't a fan of standing barefoot on the rocks so Alyssa could take yet another pic for Instagram. She looks really uncomfortable. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20211125_154246_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.c95e454a2c973be3b1b7c56ef33cd2f8.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 10
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, JuanitaBanana said:

I think Maci wasn't a fan of standing barefoot on the rocks so Alyssa could take yet another pic for Instagram. She looks really uncomfortable. 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20211125_154246_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.c95e454a2c973be3b1b7c56ef33cd2f8.jpg

Do those girls have makeup on??

Also, has anyone told Alyssa that sweetheart necklines on children look odd? Particularly if one of your stated goals is not sexualizing children?

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 3

Alyssa's instagram is the least useful instagram I have ever seen. It doesn't even do anything. 

"Allie, what is your favourite childhood memory?"

"I don't have any, all I did was pose for pictures." 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

So Alyssa served Chicken Wings for Thanksgiving Dinner. It's definitely different.

Edited by CanadianMamam
Spelling mistake
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

So Alyssa served Chicken Wings for Thanksgiving Dinner. It's definitely different.

Definitely unexpected, but if you don't like turkey or don't have the oven space, it's a pretty good idea!  Watching it, I thought it might be a good idea for having as an appetizer during the earlier part of the day while everyone's sitting around watching football.  

I did notice they had a ton of vegetable sides and they mostly seemed pretty simple.  I saw broccoli, corn, asparagus and maybe more.  We're all about the decadent sides, it's a day of casseroles and too much butter!  So, it definitely seemed healthier than the sides at my house!

• Upvote 3

I have seen several friend’s photo that the entire meals were appetizers. Beautiful and creative platters, but no sit down traditional TG dishes or meals! I could go for that-

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I have seen several friend’s photo that the entire meals were appetizers. Beautiful and creative platters, but no sit down traditional TG dishes or meals! I could go for that-

My friends group have this thing when we go out to brunch we tell the waiter to just bring us the left side of the menu. Appetizers are the best part of any meal imo. We just get a ton of small plates/appetizers and share them. It's better than just ordering a full entrée. Alyssas dinner looked up my alley.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I think the wings were actually turkey wings. I'm not sure, but I thought I hear someone say they were, and the parts looked big.

What are your thoughts on how the elder Websters feel about Alyssa being friends with and hosting people of color, especially a black man? They seemed uncomfortable, but they could have just been bored or physically uncomfortable sitting on the dining room chairs. 

9 minutes ago, Phyllis_Stein said:

I think the wings were actually turkey wings. I'm not sure, but I thought I hear someone say they were, and the parts looked big.

What are your thoughts on how the elder Websters feel about Alyssa being friends with and hosting people of color, especially a black man? They seemed uncomfortable, but they could have just been bored or physically uncomfortable sitting on the dining room chairs. 

John's parents were at Bethany's wedding (Alyssa's friend who is married to a black man) wedding, so I doubt that they were that uncomfortable. 

3 hours ago, Phyllis_Stein said:

Everyone looked really unconfortable about Alyssa making them choose what Mac and cheese was better. Specially her mother in law seemed afraid to say she liked the one the guy cooked better.

She has mentioned in the past how her in-laws didnt want to be on camera for the vlogs so probably they seemed unconfortable for that reason too.

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic