IGNORED

Dillards 90: Degrees, Exams, Vacations and Vaccinations, Oh MY!

nelliebelle1197

9 hours ago, JuanitaBanana said:

Also, I think Joy was Jill's buddy? Maybe she knows the details of the attack because Joy went to her for comfort. Maybe she wants to get justice not just for what happened to her but also for her "daughter". 

Ohh, I hadn’t thought of that.  I’ve noticed they do comment on each other’s IG posts, and while I don’t see evidence that they remain close (on social media, at least), maybe they do, just not publicly.  

On 11/30/2021 at 11:40 PM, feministxtian said:

My stepdaughter H, raised JW, seemed steeped in the JW kool-aid. Once she saw the first crack in the facade, it all came tumbling down quickly. It seems the ones who are the most diligent in following whatever it is find it easiest to leave when they find the first wrong they can't explain. With H it was divorcing an abusive spouse, she went to the elders hoping that they would do something with her X, but instead she got blamed for it. With Jill it was probably having to fight JB for the money along with what Josh did being swept under the rug. 

As I said, I find reason to hope with Jill. H went from steeped in the kool-aid JW to filing for divorce on her own, moving to the other end of the state, and while she's still Christian, she's far more liberal than you'd expect. Same with her sister J. Its taken them probably 13-15 years to get to where they are now, but they didn't have the pressure of a huge family steeped in the kool-aid, just their nut-job mother. Jill still has the possibility of losing most of her siblings, nieces and nephews the more she pulls away from the family cult. Give her time though. She's a bit younger than my stepdaughters. Give her another 10 years...

The kids I taught in Christian school who got out are all the ones that appeared to be all in as teens.  The ones who were neutral or even rebellious as teens are very much still far right wing Christians. And your analysis of the reasons why is spot on. 
I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve said this here: I have a friend who was raised in a hardcore fundagelical family. She slowly found her way out. Early in that process (3-4 years or so) she was where Jill and Derick are now. Ten years later, she’s agnostic, maybe pagan and extremely left wing. Who knows where Jill will be in ten years   

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

On 12/1/2021 at 8:38 PM, patsymae said:

When Josh was arrested Derrick's statement said something about feeling bad for Anna, imagine being in her position--maybe he thinks she'll have a wake up in court and need somebody who's not hell bent on defending Josh. Or maybe he's there to represent Jill. Or just wants to see what is going on (I would). apparently Austin was there and snubbed Derrick so I doubt he suddenly moved over to Team Duggar.

According to a person on Reddit who reported on yesterday’s events, Derrick was initially sitting in the second row (Anna was in the first).  After the lunch break (I believe) when Josh and Anna came in, Josh turned and shook Derrick’s hand saying (as though they were meeting at a party or something, “Nice to meet you” (a version of “Hello, stranger.”)  They talked for a bit (the Duggar’s Uncle Eric, who looks like Santa Claus was there also), Josh went on to the Defense table and Derrick sat next to Anna.  (It would not surprise me if Anna asked, “Why don’t you sit with us?”  It’s a southern thing, plus she may have wanted the support.)  

Derrick sat with her again today (joined by Justin and family for the first half of the day).  We can only guess why, but she is on the front row and if she has made him welcome, he can combine being nice to the poor woman with getting a good seat.

Austin arrived late yesterday. So sitting in the back made sense. He was seen talking to Derrick at the end of the day.

Today, Austin was joined by Joy, who was very upset and after a while they left.  I believe they talked to Justin and Derrick but not Anna.

I don’t understand the Duggars, but I don’t see Derrick or Austin there to show support for Josh.  

• Upvote 20

17 hours ago, JuanitaBanana said:

Also, I think Joy was Jill's buddy? Maybe she knows the details of the attack because Joy went to her for comfort. Maybe she wants to get justice not just for what happened to her but also for her "daughter". 

We know from the police report that when Joy was molested/attacked by Josh (who was reading Bible stories to her and other kids) she ran out of the room and that shortly afterwards one of the older girls called their parents. (I don’t know if they were out of the house or elsewhere in the house.)  

Anyway, the story is one of the older girls called them.  It is probable that it was Jill, who was Joy’s sister-mom that she would have run to.   It would also add to Josh’s characterization of Jill as a “tattle-tale.”

• Upvote 12

So much of this has me feeling sick, but what I cannot escape the heartbreak of thinking thatJill had to carry the dual burden/trauma of being abused by her older brother AND was tasked with being Joy's "mom" and knowing that this was happening to, what was in essence, her baby. I cannot image how terrifying it must have been to be abandoned by her parents, left to protect herself and Joy, not being able to and then told it was her fault. She was a child. 

• Upvote 22
  • Sad 20
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 6

Maybe that’s why Jill wanted so desperately to be the buddy of the Next baby. Mooch frames it as she was such a little mother and out buddy system works so well Jill begged to have the next baby. Maybe Jill just wanted to protect the next baby. I have always admired Jill and her loyalty to her buddy group joy Jenni and James. I think they have only benefited from having her play such a role in their lives. Their loyalty to her over the years is a testament to that. Even if there was some worries of a rift between Jill and her eldest daughter Joy. She seems to have come back to the fold now. 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 3

It’s a new and awful perspective isn’t it? Being a teenager and knowing your mum is having another baby and knowing what he did to you and others and that your parents do fuck all to stop it.

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 5

On 12/2/2021 at 7:14 PM, louisa05 said:

The kids I taught in Christian school who got out are all the ones that appeared to be all in as teens.  The ones who were neutral or even rebellious as teens are very much still far right wing Christians. And your analysis of the reasons why is spot on. 
I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve said this here: I have a friend who was raised in a hardcore fundagelical family. She slowly found her way out. Early in that process (3-4 years or so) she was where Jill and Derick are now. Ten years later, she’s agnostic, maybe pagan and extremely left wing. Who knows where Jill will be in ten years   

I've said this before in other places so sorry for a dupe, but the one I always keep in my mind is Debby Boone. Raised in about the most cray-cray by the most cray-cray you can be. Yes, she was in show biz but not exposed to others more than say, Lisa Welchel, the Camerons, the Osmonds or others of that ilk. Kept away from the evil people and like Welchel IIRC also the same Church of the Foursquare Gospel for Hollywood types.
Now her husband, Gabriel Ferrar, is an Episcopal priest who officiates gay marriage. She says she totally supports gay marriage: "I don't know why it took me so long."
It can happen. And the Boones and the Ferrars (Rosemary Clooney and Jose Ferrar are her husband's parents) are way bigger celebs than the Duggars.

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

If their show was half as interesting as the Dillard’s real opinions, I would have actually watched it. 

60982B93-2527-487C-973B-D3A73CE99FDC.png

If anyone has screen grabs for the comments, let us know. Someone else on JB’s team has finally turned off and scrubbed comments. 

• Upvote 2

61690405-8942-4D9C-A8F2-A8A7BE9E0B0E.png

3 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

61690405-8942-4D9C-A8F2-A8A7BE9E0B0E.png

Edit for context Christina told him to take the matter up with JB privately or pray about it. She got tons of pushback on her comment including Derick

seconf edit: this is from Jim holts Facebook, not the JB’s political  fb account 

Edited by FleeJanaFree
Clarification
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 22
  • Love 12

Wow. I think that’s the most obvious public attack on JB from his own family members we have ever seen? I mean, stepping back, arguing about money, wearing pants is all nice and well, but calling someone a liar and manipulative with the clear intent of undermining his ambition for office is a whole other ballgame. I only wish it would be Jill and hope that Derick is backed by her with this.

• Upvote 30

Wow! I've just seen Derick's comments. Powerful! I hope they continue to speak up and out about the lies and abuse and take Jill's asshole parents down! Many have suffered at their hands due to everyone being silenced.

As for Amy, is there a thread documenting what she's saying? I saw she reposted Derick's comment, so I imagine she's shared other thoughts I may have missed? Does she still have her NDA?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Wow. I think that’s the most obvious public attack on JB from his own family members we have ever seen? I mean, stepping back, arguing about money, wearing pants is all nice and well, but calling someone a liar and manipulative with the clear intent of undermining his ambition for office is a whole other ballgame. I only wish it would be Jill and hope that Derick is backed by her with this.

Derick is the advent calendar that keeps on giving. Every day another door opens and Derick is publicly giving no fucks. 

I am sure Derick is backed by Jill, especially considering his frequent use of we. We were lied to, we were manipulated, we were harmed.  I think for anyone, publicly calling out their own parents like this would be difficult and painful but especially for someone like Jill.  We find her parents abhorrent, her husband finds them abhorrent, and she probably hates what they’ve done, but Jill likely still loves them despite everything.   This all has to be extremely painful for her.

Edited by sableduck
  • Upvote 35
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 4

Good for Derrick. I am still not a fan but it is telling me how far Jill has come in all of this. Both their eyes are open. And he is on her side 100%. I think attending the trial was the best thing for him. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Go Derick!   Christmas really did come early this year!   This is delicious 😋 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Remember when Pickles was claiming that Jim Bob had bribed Derick and Jill for Jill to testify on Josh's behalf? 

How's that theory working out pickles? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 40
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Good for Derrick. I am still not a fan but it is telling me how far Jill has come in all of this. Both their eyes are open. And he is on her side 100%. I think attending the trial was the best thing for him. 

The truth shall set you free......

• Upvote 4

I have to ask about NDA are they in fact legal and binding or not worth the paper they are written on. As there is a load of threads the now talking of them.

i always thought but I’m UK that they are not legal. 

love Jills hair and both have come far since catgate. I can see further changes in the next 5 years or so. 

Edited by Dollypolly
Extra word

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic