IGNORED

Dillards 90: Degrees, Exams, Vacations and Vaccinations, Oh MY!

nelliebelle1197

On 11/26/2021 at 3:20 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

If you’re saying that you think Derick blackmailed Josh, that would be a crime that would ruin his career and his life. No way in hell would he voluntarily admit to it under oath.

Sigh, no I just mean we don’t know they haven’t interacted at all in the last few years geez

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Jill dyed her hair blond. She looks good! She always was so pretty though. I'm sure this week is weighing on her. 

She can pull the blond  off. Jinger not so much. 

I can’t imagine what this week is like for her. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

8axkgt8fxt281.jpg.ecf423550a14895a3ac2a62c15a22568.jpg

Here's a photo.

Personally, I don't love the tone with her skin color. But I'm sure it's nice for her to experiment with her hair color for the first time.

Edit: My rank just increased to "Interviewed by Megyn Kelly" after posting this. How serendipitous!

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 9

I wonder why everyone seems to go for blonde. I’d like to see someone branch out and go red or something. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

I think it ages her quite a bit. But I am so proud of her for testifying and so if this is what helps give her courage than by all means go for it!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

I'm not a great fan of blonde dye, but I feel this is the best I've ever seen her look, contented and fresh, somehow. Like a nice ordinary pretty young woman. Never mind about the ends needing a bit of a trim.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

41 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

I wonder why everyone seems to go for blonde. I’d like to see someone branch out and go red or something. 

Going blonde and getting balayage is very trendy right now. Just look at all the Bates girls. I can't judge, I paid $200 a few months ago for balayage after a decade of dying my hair chestnut brown (I'm a natural blonde).

I wonder if Jill got her hair colored in exchange for promoting the stylist on Instagram and her blog. With her hair length, that looks REALLY pricy.

Edited by indianabones
I cannot spell today. I blame the lack of caffeine.
  • Upvote 5

I like her the cut and color. I think this is actually a very put together look, grown up so to speak. Could do with a bit of lippy and less grey/beige in the clothes. But that is the most grown up, stylish i think she has ever been. Well done Jill!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I think she looks pretty.

IMO, she gives off a young Carly Simon vibe.

Edited by livinginthelight
  • Upvote 13

Decided to post this on here instead of the Josh trial thread.

It's about Jill being the one who probably (not confirmed) reported (''snitched'') Josh's molestations to her parents.

If it was indeed her, I'm beginning to think that even as a little girl, Jill probably had a strong moral compass and sense of justice. And in insight, I'm glad she did. To me, it also seems to explain why she appeared like a ''goody-to-shoes'' on ''17-18-whatever kids and counting''. She probably valued doing what she considered right and seemed diligent in her actions; which did made her appear more drenched in kool-aid compared to her siblings.  In the end, I think it might also explain her disenchantment with the cult. As she grew into adulthood, she realized things weren't always fair and ''right'', in regards to how she was raised, how her parents handled Josh or even the television money.

Of course, it's only my opinion and interpretation here. I'm not Jill's therapist and can't claim to know her inner self. I'm simply wondering if we misjudged her. Back in the days, she had a bad reputation on this very forum. I remember people finding her too intense and too much of a try-hard. Against all our opinions, she became a responsible young woman, who seemed to have come into her own with time. I really wish she'll be able to be in peace with her upbringing and enjoy the life she was able to created with her boys (and yes with Derick, even if the guy still bugs me).

• Upvote 48

Her timing is certainly not a coincidence, major life changes and events often result in new hair color :) Good for her. I prefer her hair darker, but she can pull the blonde off better than Jinger did, and it's fun to try different colors.

• Upvote 9

16 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

he probably valued doing what she considered right and seemed diligent in her actions; which did made her appear more drenched in kool-aid compared to her siblings.  In the end, I think it might also explain her disenchantment with the cult. As she grew into adulthood, she realized things weren't always fair and ''right'', in regards to how she was raised, how her parents handled Josh or even the television money.

My stepdaughter H, raised JW, seemed steeped in the JW kool-aid. Once she saw the first crack in the facade, it all came tumbling down quickly. It seems the ones who are the most diligent in following whatever it is find it easiest to leave when they find the first wrong they can't explain. With H it was divorcing an abusive spouse, she went to the elders hoping that they would do something with her X, but instead she got blamed for it. With Jill it was probably having to fight JB for the money along with what Josh did being swept under the rug. 

As I said, I find reason to hope with Jill. H went from steeped in the kool-aid JW to filing for divorce on her own, moving to the other end of the state, and while she's still Christian, she's far more liberal than you'd expect. Same with her sister J. Its taken them probably 13-15 years to get to where they are now, but they didn't have the pressure of a huge family steeped in the kool-aid, just their nut-job mother. Jill still has the possibility of losing most of her siblings, nieces and nephews the more she pulls away from the family cult. Give her time though. She's a bit younger than my stepdaughters. Give her another 10 years...

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, livinginthelight said:

I think she looks pretty.

IMO, she gives off a young Carly Simon vibe.

Yes. I was thinking that she looked like someone but could not put it the finger on it. But t'is true. 

CarlySimon.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

I think she looks pretty, although it would have been nicer if she got it cut more as that would really be a major F-U to her family if she did that before possibly testifying in the trial.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

It's about Jill being the one who probably (not confirmed) reported (''snitched'') Josh's molestations to her parents.

If it was indeed her, I'm beginning to think that even as a little girl, Jill probably had a strong moral compass and sense of justice. And in insight, I'm glad she did. To me, it also seems to explain why she appeared like a ''goody-to-shoes'' on ''17-18-whatever kids and counting''. She probably valued doing what she considered right and seemed diligent in her actions; which did made her appear more drenched in kool-aid compared to her siblings.  In the end, I think it might also explain her disenchantment with the cult. As she grew into adulthood, she realized things weren't always fair and ''right'', in regards to how she was raised, how her parents handled Josh or even the television money.

Of course, it's only my opinion and interpretation here. I'm not Jill's therapist and can't claim to know her inner self. I'm simply wondering if we misjudged her. Back in the days, she had a bad reputation on this very forum. I remember people finding her too intense and too much of a try-hard. Against all our opinions, she became a responsible young woman, who seemed to have come into her own with time. I really wish she'll be able to be in peace with her upbringing and enjoy the life she was able to created with her boys (and yes with Derick, even if the guy still bugs me).

I’ve often read on FJ that Jill was JB’s favorite, but I’ve never been sure of that.
Per Bobye Holt’s testimony yesterday when Josh climbed under the covers and started to molest one of the girls she slapped him and ran to her parents. That strikes me as an act of fear & an attempt to get to a safe place - her parents. If that was Jill, then the fact that Josh was brazen enough to call her a snitch at her wedding (which was before InTouch published the police reports) is chilling & suggests to me that there was a lot of victim blaming going on in that family. Some of her behavior while in her parents house could also be the result of scapegoating, after all they couldn’t blame golden boy Josh. It truly must have been hard for her as a reasonably intelligent and curious person (she tried to learn Spanish & dreamed of becoming a midwife) to grow up in that family.

Edited by sndral
  • Upvote 26
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Personally I don't like this shade of blonde of Jill. The styling is also a bit off. But whatever makes her happy. 

I actually think Jinger's blonde looks way better than Jill's. 

Edited by Jinder Roles
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

All this. Well said. So agree. Derrick is a wank but by the rest of the standards she didn’t do to bad. I can never forgive him for trying to run that cat over. Transgender stuff  he could learn the error of his ways with education and life experience but attempted animal cruelty I dunno that shit seems engrained. 

• Upvote 3

I think she looks really pretty and happy with her new hair. 

I've always thought of Jill as a bohemian hippie girl so I actually think the long hair suits her. Maybe next time she can try red or a fantasy color, I think it would look great on her.

• Upvote 5

Okay, so, Free Jill???!!! I honestly never thought the girls would testify.  I cried when I saw she was on the list.  She's the only one in that whole damn family willing to protect her nieces from their father, and she is willing to risk severing ties with her family forever to do so.  So proud of her, and proud of Derek for supporting her every step.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

32 minutes ago, BlondeAgent007 said:

Okay, so, Free Jill???!!! I honestly never thought the girls would testify.  I cried when I saw she was on the list.  She's the only one in that whole damn family willing to protect her nieces from their father, and she is willing to risk severing ties with her family forever to do so.  So proud of her, and proud of Derek for supporting her every step.  

To quote Derick’s mother- you make a lot of assumptions! We have no idea whether Jill is testifying willingly or under subpoena, what about or why she’s doing it. I hope you’re right but  don’t take anything for granted. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

To quote Derick’s mother- you make a lot of assumptions! We have no idea whether Jill is testifying willingly or under subpoena, what about or why she’s doing it. I hope you’re right but  don’t take anything for granted. 

It appears Jim Bob has been taken off the witness list but Jill has now been added.  It seems the prosecution was going to try to avoid calling the girls to testify, but Jim Bob proved to be less than cooperative as a witness.  She has spent the last several years seeing real therapists, seperating herself from her family, and experimenting with ideas that go against her family.  

There IS a snowball's chance in hell that she is doing some last ditch grand effort to fall back into line with the family.  But, considering the fresh dye job, another defiance, right before testimony- I don't think that's likely.

• Upvote 12

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic