IGNORED

Mortons 5: Terrible News from the Smith Home: Sitara Killed while Helping Bret Cut Down a Tree

hoipolloi

He's talking about all the free services they received: meals, housecleaning, tree work, lawn service, and landscaping.  I hope JRod doesn't read about that to get any ideas.  

• Upvote 10
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

He's talking about all the free services they received: meals, housecleaning, tree work, lawn service, and landscaping.  I hope JRod doesn't read about that to get any ideas.  

Pretty typical of Bret Smith. Everything is all about him. His adopted daughter is dead because she was used as free labor. Then he has the balls to write about all the free labor he got from others after her death. 

He loves to hear himself talk & see himself write. He thinks he's good at music & singling & dancing (and we all know how horrible awful he is at all of it). He loves to dump shit onto a page & call it writing; he never just says anything, it's always an absurd narrative the involves his special godliness (that eulogy for Sitara that he posted was, in a word, disgusting). 

And now he has his last remaining child doing roofing for him. And he has zero shame; in fact, he's so proud of it he posts pictures on his facebook.

His arrogance is dangerous. As a person, he's a disgusting piece of excrement. 

• Upvote 15
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Bethel also tried for days to raise a toddler from the dead. You would think they would eventually stop doing this since it never works. 

Yes Bethel is one of the whackier charismatic communities. That story shook me very deep... something about trying to resurrect a toddler's body who has been decomposing for days, and telling people it wasn't working because their faith was too weak, while simultaneously running a 7-figure Gofundme. It was extremely disturbing. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, sleepygirl1 said:

And the fact that it was near minutes after they had just arrived is even more icky to me.

Look what else happened really quickly:

The men from First Assembly who came to the house and took out the trees we had been cutting down on the day of Sitara's accident. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

Honestly, of all the threads I’ve read in my years at FJ, this is the one that makes me most strongly wish that the FU or angry emojis didn’t take away reputation. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 11

1 minute ago, hoipolloi said:

Look what else happened really quickly:

The men from First Assembly who came to the house and took out the trees we had been cutting down on the day of Sitara's accident. 

I realize that their hearts may have been in the right place, trying to remove a painful sight from the Smiths' yard, but it also kind of smells like they were removing evidence from the scene (whether they meant to or not) in case an investigation into her death might've turned up guilt/negligence on the parents' part.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

Yes Bethel is one of the whackier charismatic communities. That story shook me very deep... something about trying to resurrect a toddler's body who has been decomposing for days, and telling people it wasn't working because their faith was too weak, while simultaneously running a 7-figure Gofundme. It was extremely disturbing. 

Yes, laying hands on a young woman who's just been declared dead is uncomfortable enough. Praying for resurrection like they expected it to happen days after a toddler's death was beyond the pale.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Bethy said:

I realize that their hearts may have been in the right place, trying to remove a painful sight from the Smiths' yard, but it also kind of smells like they were removing evidence from the scene (whether they meant to or not) in case an investigation into her death might've turned up guilt/negligence on the parents' part.

Whatever the motive, it undoubtedly affected any death investigation that might have been done.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I'm unsure of the Smiths exact beliefs, but the megachurch First Assembly in Griffin is an Assembly of God church. It does not say on their website, but AOGs are usually pentecostal and evangelical. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

The Smith's are Bret Christians. Whatever Bret decides his god wants, they do. From the insane betrothal circus of the early S'Morton match ups to his ridiculous "dancing & singing" vidoes where he traps his kids into being performing monkeys so he can "sing".

I don't know officially but I also bet they don't actually follow any particular brand. They do what Bret wants. His god talks directly to him often and tells him exactly what he wants to hear, so he just runs with it. 

• Upvote 13
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Whatever Bret decides his god wants, they do.

Itʻs the Church of Daddy Said So. There are many of them among the fundies we snark on -- Steve Maxwell being a prime example.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

58 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Campbell, John, and their infant son are in Paraguay, possibly staying with Rachel and Wes.

Of course they are. Maybe they'll stay & rid us of two more ignorant Morton tRumpers.

• Upvote 7

37 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Of course they are. Maybe they'll stay & rid us of two more ignorant Morton tRumpers.

No way could Campbell deal with those kinds of living conditions. I get a fundie princess vibe from her. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No way could Campbell deal with those kinds of living conditions. I get a fundie princess vibe from her. 

I thought the same thing. Campbell has high-maintenance, low-reward energy in the best of conditions. My guess is that she's treating this like a quirky poverty tour.

There's something that kind of nags at me about these regular jaunts to Paraguay, though. It's like someone Morton-adjacent has to touch base with them, in person, every 3-6 months. While I would never suggest that facetime, texting, phone calls, social media, etc. are perfect substitutes for in-person visits with a loved one, the regularity of their contact seems like a very expensive hobby for the people who are doing the traveling. 

It just strikes me as odd. I have no notions as to the dastardly ulterior motives that could be at play with visiting family, and I'm probably just assuming the worst since they are cretins who do cretin shit on a regular basis. 

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know. She wouldn't last a month. Not only entitled princess Campbell, but John might  mess up his hair or skinny jeans. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Mariah Campana Thomas apparently doesn't believe in seatbelts from her recent q and a. 

You can actually compare anti-maskers to the anti-seat belters of the past. Back when seat belt wearing became mandatory, many people were against it. It’s their rights blah blah blah. But if you look at stats, over time, people came around. Now people wear seatbelts without even thinking about that it and most people agree with wearing them. There are just people in this world that can’t handle change. They fight it at first, but eventually just go with it. Of course there are hold outs. But for the most part, people tend to accept it over time.

• Upvote 15

16 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Mariah Campana Thomas apparently doesn't believe in seatbelts from her recent q and a. 

I don't think anyone could be surprised. They've all got their rights dontchaknow. 

Stupid idiot. I just hope her kid doesn't pay the price for her arrogant ignorance. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I don't think anyone could be surprised. They've all got their rights dontchaknow. 

Stupid idiot. I just hope her kid doesn't pay the price for her arrogant ignorance. 

Considering all of the tragedy that's already happened to the Thomas family, you'd think they'd all be super careful. 

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Considering all of the tragedy that's already happened to the Thomas family, you'd think they'd all be super careful. 

Rusty Thomas is an idiot. I’m guessing his ignorance rubbed off on many of his children. Mariah is a Campana and they aren’t known for their intelligence either. They make a good looking couple of idiots. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I find fundie arrogance among the most obnoxious, frustrating, ridiculous traits to exist. It's based on their beliefs in their specialness / being better than you / don't need no one but god stupidity. Their god is not and will not save an unsecure baby in a car accident or a baby wit COVID or the stranger in the car you hit while texting/playing on your phone & driving. 

Among other things. 

It is, to me, seriously pretty close to the most maddening of all things fundie. And it's a prime factor in what I think of fundies - innocuous, whatever, dangerous AF. The Mortons and all adjacent - all fall into dangerous AF because they have an arrogance that is so astonishingly high for mere human beings. And that arrogance makes them ignorant AF as well. Willfully. 

• Upvote 11
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You can actually compare anti-maskers to the anti-seat belters of the past. Back when seat belt wearing became mandatory, many people were against it. It’s their rights blah blah blah

A former classmate of mine is now a nutty libertarian activist who just a few years ago was lobbying to repeal motorcycle helmet laws in his state. Guess what kind of "activism" he's into now! I mean maybe he just really hates having stuff on his head? But there is a direct line connecting the kinds of basic-ass safety measures most of us take for granted with right-wing paranoia about government tyranny.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic