IGNORED

Mortons 5: Terrible News from the Smith Home: Sitara Killed while Helping Bret Cut Down a Tree

hoipolloi

Oh jeeze. She is her father's daughter. He went off at a public school board meeting about the LGBTQ "agenda" even though his little brats were not attending school there & not being taught anything the public schools were teaching. 

And these are some of the morons that think ungodly/secular people are trying to force THEM into something. They don't use the schools yet they think it's their right to go after them for what they teach? 

Arrogance & Christianity are an ugly, corrupt, nasty combination,

• Upvote 20
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, CrazyCatLady said:

“They do have tremendous support from their church family,” Pryor said. “We as a community need to be praying for them too.”

My hopes for a competent, thorough & honest investigation of Sitara's death just went down to about zero. 

Thank you, @CrazyCatLady, for sharing the article's text. 

It's clear that Bret Smith played a key role in Sitara's death, no matter how much he lies. 

• Upvote 11
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

26 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

My hopes for a competent, thorough & honest investigation of Sitara's death just went down to about zero. 

Thank you, @CrazyCatLady, for sharing the article's text. 

It's clear that Bret Smith played a key role in Sitara's death, no matter how much he lies. 

I agree. Sounds like Bret & the coroner are buddies or something. Probably just small town deep south religious mumbo, but he doesn't sound entirely removed from / impartial to the situation as one would expect a public official to do. 

Bret has no doubt spent his life manipulating those around him and that's how he got to play Captain all these years. Master manipulators usually do manage to "come out on top". Until someone outside their bubble calls them out and exposes them. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

bored with nothing to do

Well, she did get a new car so there's that. A sweeter ride in which to go and weigh in on things that have nothing to do with her and which could greatly harm someone else. 

Edited by browngrl
changed a sentence for clarity
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Well, she did get a new car so there's that. A sweeter ride in which to go and weigh in on things that have nothing to do with her and which could greatly harm someone else. 

But of course. That's what good kristshuns do. They tell the world they're full of shit unless you do things their way, even things they don't do. Like send their children to public school.

I just cannot get over the arrogance of them thinking their opinions need to be expressed at school board meetings for public schools they do not use. Daddy Campana has done it and now she's doing it. I'm sure they all have. 

There are parents whose kids actually DO attend school and would like nothing more than to have mask and vaccine mandates; THEIR children's lives are on the line. But, no, Ms. Special Mariah thinks it's her right to tell that school to do what SHE believes, because her opinions trump anyone else's. 

Like, I'm going to go to your church and protest because you don't wear masks or get vaccinated and I say you should. You are putting me and mine at risk by not doing so. You are infringing on my right to protect myself. What's that? No I don't attend your church or believe in your god, but it's my RIGHT to tell you how to live because I am the one who is right and you are wrong. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

She's waited her whole life to pull that "actually, AS A MOTHER.. " line and she's sure not going to let the fact that her kid isn't out of diapers stop her from using it. She's the only one who knows what's healthiest for kids! That's why her baby is never photographed without choking-hazard "teething" jewelry! Surely no one on the school board knows what it's like to have and care for a child!

Also, what in the hell is an "unconstitutional lifestyle"? Like a soldier couchsurfing in violation of the 3rd amendment?

Edited by NachosFlandersStyle
  • Upvote 14
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

31 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

She's waited her whole life to pull that "actually, AS A MOTHER.. "

What a fucking dummy. 

Meanwhile, the maskhole demonstration outside looked like an excellent distribution center for Delta-COVID. 

• Upvote 10

50 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

She's waited her whole life to pull that "actually, AS A MOTHER.. " line and she's sure not going to let the fact that her kid isn't out of diapers stop her from using it. She's the only one who knows what's healthiest for kids! That's why her baby is never photographed without choking-hazard "teething" jewelry! Surely no one on the school board knows what it's like to have and care for a child!

Also, what in the hell is an "unconstitutional lifestyle"? Like a soldier couchsurfing in violation of the 3rd amendment?

Given the source, it's just her way of feeling superior & special. You know, they are opposed to "the gay lifestyle" - it's simply how they attempt to shut people down by coming up with an argument that is so ludacris it stupefies people & they take too long regaining their composure to come up with a comeback. If THEY don't like it, it's a "lifestyle" and "lifestyles" are choices that can (and should) be changed. 

It pretty much falls into their arsenal of mean things to say about someone. Kind of like when they use bible verses to convince atheist they're going to hell. To THEM, the words of the bible mean something so they sling verses about death and destruction and what their god "wants' and right/wrong according to the bible- but to an atheist, you may as well recite from One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish because the words carry no weight. 

Mostly it's kerflooey from a little girl who was trained well by her insane father. 

• Upvote 7

I am not understanding why everyone thinks there should be/will be an investigation?  Sitara was a legal adult.  She died in a tragic accident that would have/should have been better handled by professions but, regardless, is not illegal to do tree work on your own.  Unless there is some kind of suspicion that she died in a different manner and the tree accident was staged as a cover up there is no need for an investigation.  Regardless of who was holding the saw, it would be considered an accident.  If she were under 18 child enragement could be considered, but she was considered an adult at that point.

Now don't get me wrong, the accident was tragic and senseless and the Smiths are the scum of the Earth in my opinion.  I am NOT defending them.  But an investigation would be meaningless if the accident happened as they are saying it did. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I am not understanding why everyone thinks there should be/will be an investigation?

According to the coroner's website, unexplained or unexpected deaths are to be investigated. Sitara's death was unexpected. Given the coroner's remarks to the newspaper, it sounds like the investigation is done. 

Your points are well-taken, though. 

• Upvote 7

She was 18, but when the accident first happened her age wasn't a given. So, people were most likely talking as though she was under age. 

Even at 18, she died at home and in most cases, coroners do cursory investigations into all unexpected deaths. It may be questions, pictures, medical history, a timeline of the day, etc. Different from a legal investigation, but it can lead to legal investigation. 

Overall though I think most of the thoughts of an investigation stemmed from thinking she was still 17. 

The coroner obviously found everything at the Smith house kosher & probably said a prayer or two with the good Craptain & his wife. 

• Upvote 7

That’s probably my fault. I couldn’t remember if she was 17 or 18. They didn’t post a thing about her graduating in may or June. So I figured she had her senior year left and might still be 17.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Also, what in the hell is an "unconstitutional lifestyle"?

I have no idea but why is it that the most ignorant people all think of themselves as constitutional scholars? Whilst simultaneously berating an actual constitutional scholar, Barack Obama, for (in their opinion) not knowing that his every move was unconstitutional.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Did anyone see Sarah S.'s recent Instagram stories? She's arguing with someone who says they don't want to make assumptions about their child's gender identity until the child is old enough to express their own ideas. Sarah's reply is that of course small children don't know their own gender, and that's why parents need to enforce it from a young age. I'm not sure I've ever heard a conservative say something like that before. Usually their argument is that binary gender norms are simply a state of nature, so obvious that they don't even need to be articulated, and any variance therefrom is solely due to some corrupting outside agenda. Instead she's almost advocating a social construct theory, except that in her view the construct is good and should be mandatory. Just thought that was kind of interesting. And almost more frightening, as it implies she is very conscious of the fact that she may be coercing her child into an unwanted role.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Did anyone see Sarah S.'s recent Instagram stories? She's arguing with someone who says they don't want to make assumptions about their child's gender identity until the child is old enough to express their own ideas. Sarah's reply is that of course small children don't know their own gender, and that's why parents need to enforce it from a young age. I'm not sure I've ever heard a conservative say something like that before. Usually their argument is that binary gender norms are simply a state of nature, so obvious that they don't even need to be articulated, and any variance therefrom is solely due to some corrupting outside agenda. Instead she's almost advocating a social construct theory, except that in her view the construct is good and should be mandatory. Just thought that was kind of interesting. And almost more frightening, as it implies she is very conscious of the fact that she may be coercing her child into an unwanted role.

I can't watch anything she posts. She is so self righteous and thinks she knows everything about everything. She's not even a typical fundie who suddenly knew everything about being a wife once she got married & a mother once she had a kid. She. Knows. Everything. And don't you dare question her because then she will have to set you straight with more senseless rambling. 

If I were raising a kid, the very last person I'd take advice on gender identity from is Sarah KnowItAll. In fact, there is nothing in life I'd take advice from her on. 

I would imagine her daughter will turn two knowing exactly who she is and what she needs to believe in order to survive in that house. Her mother will have told her & force fed it to her with dinner. 

• Upvote 8

On 8/30/2021 at 2:57 PM, fundiefan said:

I agree. Sounds like Bret & the coroner are buddies or something. Probably just small town deep south religious mumbo, but he doesn't sound entirely removed from / impartial to the situation as one would expect a public official to do. 

Bret has no doubt spent his life manipulating those around him and that's how he got to play Captain all these years. Master manipulators usually do manage to "come out on top". Until someone outside their bubble calls them out and exposes them. 

Griffin, GA is a suburb of Atlanta, not some random small town in the middle of nowhere. Captain Bret is some lower middle class dude with a bunch of kids who is not politically connected. He is not influencing anyone.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

22 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I can't watch anything she posts. She is so self righteous and thinks she knows everything about everything. She's not even a typical fundie who suddenly knew everything about being a wife once she got married & a mother once she had a kid. She. Knows. Everything. And don't you dare question her because then she will have to set you straight with more senseless rambling. 

If I were raising a kid, the very last person I'd take advice on gender identity from is Sarah KnowItAll. In fact, there is nothing in life I'd take advice from her on. 

I would imagine her daughter will turn two knowing exactly who she is and what she needs to believe in order to survive in that house. Her mother will have told her & force fed it to her with dinner. 

She's one of the few I had to unfollow and not check on often. I remember her posting in the newborn days how me time is sinful. Then posted a few days later about how she took time for herself to right a book. 

• Upvote 1

He's going to use free labor as long as he can force a kid to do his bidding. He is a perfect godly man and doesn't need to reflect upon his choices or actions. He did nothing wrong; he never does anything wrong. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

Gavido is his only underage child left. So he’s going to use him as free labor until he’s 18 and practically runs out of the house like his older siblings. 

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 6

10 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Damn, they moved on from her death quickly. Fuck them all. 

I don’t think they are particularly close with any of their kids. Besides golden boy Alan in prison

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Well, at least he is wearing proper foot wear.  I guess that is something ???  I hate the Smiths more than any other family we follow here.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Look I firmly believe that miracles still happen. But the idea of a bunch of people coming into a hospital and laying their hands on a dead girl’s body who had just been crushed by a tree really makes me uncomfortable for some reason. And the fact that it was near minutes after they had just arrived is even more icky to me.  I also hope that the siblings get some counseling.

EA38E448-1F55-4337-B0AB-7E66094FCF11.jpeg

Edited by sleepygirl1
Adding more thoughts.
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 13

7 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Look I firmly believe that miracles still happen. But the idea of a bunch of people coming into a hospital and laying their hands on a dead girl’s body who had just been crushed by a tree really makes me uncomfortable for some reason. And the fact that it was near minutes after they had just arrived is even more icky to me.  I also hope that the siblings get some counseling.

EA38E448-1F55-4337-B0AB-7E66094FCF11.jpeg

Bethel also tried for days to raise a toddler from the dead. You would think they would eventually stop doing this since it never works. 

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 8
  • I Agree 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic