IGNORED

Seewalds 46: Arugula, Rhododendrom, Milkweed, Dandelion, Foxglove, Dogwood, Nasturtium, Rhubarb...

nelliebelle1197

Ehh an 8 or 9 YO gaming the system and who was known for being a bee och , who then morphs into what Jess is now just makes me think she’s got a healthy dose of the manipulative psycho gene. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

While Jessa is the prettiest sister IMO, there have been so many instances of her being insecure about her looks (especially her weight and body type) 

• I Agree 1

On 12/18/2021 at 11:23 AM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

There’s a link in another thread to a Reddit AMA with former Duggar family friend Bowman Fedosky (Teresa’s son). He says that he once saw Jessa deliberately sit in a puddle of pee on a couch because the kids weren’t allowed to change their clothes until they got dirty, and she wanted to change. 🤢 I guess that’s why she’s so relaxed about how nasty her current couch is. 

Omg thank you, this was by far the most entertaining AMA from the josh fallout. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

It’s really interesting how outspoken he is about his mom being horrible at midwifery.  I guess I’m just used to so many fundies just staying quiet about any problems with their mom. Fundies definitely have issues with their moms. But I think a lot keep it to themselves. But I guess Bowman is no longer fundie so he probably doesn’t hold onto that kind of guilt. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s really interesting how outspoken he is about his mom being horrible at midwifery.  I guess I’m just used to so many fundies just staying quiet about any problems with their mom. Fundies definitely have issues with their moms. But I think a lot keep it to themselves. But I guess Bowman is no longer fundie so he probably doesn’t hold onto that kind of guilt. 

Im sure the death of his niece is contributing factor in that.

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

Totally off topic. We have seen and heard Jessa's children sing hymns. "Covered by the blood of Jesus" type adult hymns. Do they learn children's songs, like "Jesus loves me", "away in a manger"? Learning songs about being covered by blood at two or three would have freaked me out. But I liked thinking that Jesus loved me. Just curious.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Totally off topic. We have seen and heard Jessa's children sing hymns. "Covered by the blood of Jesus" type adult hymns. Do they learn children's songs, like "Jesus loves me", "away in a manger"? Learning songs about being covered by blood at two or three would have freaked me out. But I liked thinking that Jesus loved me. Just curious.

As a younger person, did Jinger identify that song as her favorite song?

On 12/19/2021 at 11:11 PM, Not that josh's mom said:

They might have learned both but just liked the blood ones better because kids are weird sometimes.

My youngest sister made up her own words to O Christmas Tree and she was convinced her words were the words.  

• Upvote 5

On 12/19/2021 at 10:11 PM, Not that josh's mom said:

What you grow up with is your normal. My Catholic church had a life size, very ... specific crucifix hanging at the front of the altar and graphic stations of the cross all the way around the church. Because I went to that church since birth, I didn't register that as macabre or frightening until I brought my Jewish fiance in, and he was like, "you want to get married under that thing?!"

My youngest brother used to play church when he was a toddler. Everyone in our house just thought it was cute to hear a little kid saying "eat my body" while offering his teddy bear a Cheez-it.

Someone outside our church would have probably had a different reaction.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 25
  • I Agree 6

14 hours ago, cacophony_grey said:

My youngest brother used to play church when he was a toddler. Everyone in our house just thought it was cute to hear a little kid saying "eat my body" while offering his teddy bear a Cheez-it.

I used to play church too. I’d baptize my babies, play with the nativity ect. Never did cheez-it communion though. Sounds tasty.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

53 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I used to play church too. I’d baptize my babies, play with the nativity ect. Never did cheez-it communion though. Sounds tasty.

He (my brother) switched to Cheez-its after he got into trouble for smashing up all the bread in the house into "hosts" so his stuffed animals could have their first communion.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 25
  • Love 1

On 12/20/2021 at 4:11 AM, Not that josh's mom said:

I think children are a lot less phased by stuff like that than adults. Just like fairy tales (the originals mind you) or some other folk stories. Pretty brutal. But we loved them, had no trouble sleeping and grew up fine. I sometimes look at books from my childhood and think the illustrations are actually pretty dark and/or overly artsy for children, my child still adores them and loves the books.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

My younger daughter went through a phase where she was completely fascinated by crucifixes. I think she was about four at the time, and whenever we'd visit a church (mainly for touristy reasons), she'd drag us along until she'd found the "Jesus cross". She wasn't put off by the gory details at all, and she didn't really know much about Jesus, since we didn't teach the kids a lot of religion, but somehow she was intrigued by the dead guy up on the wall. Kids...

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

We used NECCO wafers for pretend communion. 

I also baptized the dog when I was a kid. JUST in case.... 

I was raised Catholic (and the serious version that keeps a crucifix in the house that also has holy water in the back of it in case you need to do last rights in a pinch) but we aren't raising my son Catholic really. He goes to a Catholic school (because I can see it from my house - and in Ontario - Catholic schools are publicly funded - don't ask me to explain that - I don't get it either). 
Anywho - watching HIM (aged 5) explain the Easter story is pretty funny. "Jesus was out to dinner with his friends? And one of them called the police on him? And they beat him up and put him on the cross and he died. Like this (holds out arms, cocks head to the side, eyes closed, tongue out) and then three days later he came back to life...... Like a zombie." 

I filmed it and then said "Okay - but that's NOT the story you should tell Grandma..." 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 32
  • Love 6

She shared (not sure what the word is for it?) something from m is for mama in her instagram story. Just a blurb about moms comparing themselves to other moms.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, Grandma D said:

Jesse wants the attention from the internet strangers more than she wants privacy for her kids. Its very sad.

I imagine her monetised social media is pretty much their major source of income and unless Ben gets a very lucrative role somewhere (highly unlikely) or JB decides to pay them what they are wowed for the TV work (also highly unlikely without threat of a lawsuit, plus his funds will be depleted with lawyer costs and his failed election) it’s going to continue that way.

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 6

Has anyone seen the posts on Ben's IG re: a supposed grindr account and some other explicit stuff?  I read about it on another snark forum but I come here for actual info, not just gossip. LOL.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

I imagine her monetised social media is pretty much their major source of income and unless Ben gets a very lucrative role somewhere (highly unlikely) or JB decides to pay them what they are wowed for the TV work (also highly unlikely without threat of a lawsuit, plus his funds will be depleted with lawyer costs and his failed election) it’s going to continue that way.

To the bolded: I wonder if, later on, any of the other kids (outside of Jill) will regret not getting what they are owed back when dear old Dad still had the means to pay up. 

• Upvote 7

23 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

To the bolded: I wonder if, later on, any of the other kids (outside of Jill) will regret not getting what they are owed back when dear old Dad still had the means to pay up. 

When the going gets tough and they one by one realize that they do not have the skills, education and drive to succeed or even adequately  support themselves and all those blessings, I’m sure they will all be both regretful and possibly even envious of Jill. One good thing that might happen is the slowing down of reproduction. I hope those republican words run their collective heads “don’t breed them, if you can’t feed them.”

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Meggo said:

Anywho - watching HIM (aged 5) explain the Easter story is pretty funny. "Jesus was out to dinner with his friends? And one of them called the police on him? And they beat him up and put him on the cross and he died. Like this (holds out arms, cocks head to the side, eyes closed, tongue out) and then three days later he came back to life...... Like a zombie." 

I filmed it and then said "Okay - but that's NOT the story you should tell Grandma..." 

That story is pretty accurate, though.

@Jesquire As far as I can tell all there is, is gossip. I think someone's trolling Ben, and people are running with it. It's trashy, IMO.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

When the going gets tough and they one by one realize that they do not have the skills, education and drive to succeed or even adequately  support themselves and all those blessings, I’m sure they will all be both regretful and possibly even envious of Jill. One good thing that might happen is the slowing down of reproduction. I hope those republican words run their collective heads “don’t breed them, if you can’t feed them.”

My thoughts exactly.  While there's no way to know what they think of Jill's actions, whether any of them disagree, or they might agree but are afraid of incurring JB's wrath, if they really want their money the time to strike is probably now. 

• Upvote 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic