IGNORED

Seewalds 46: Arugula, Rhododendrom, Milkweed, Dandelion, Foxglove, Dogwood, Nasturtium, Rhubarb...

nelliebelle1197

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Found these on a random leg jumper site when/where did Jessa release these? B53DDBD6-A74E-4641-9BB7-1CFBF05468E5.thumb.jpeg.f05b1db5ddb377f96638ca9184001d82.jpeg

I think a couple weeks ago? I vaguely recall seeing the kids in those clothes for Thanksgiving at his folks. 

• Thank You 3

Oh Ben, read the room!

I honestly think this is just typical Fundie bullshit. They are so blinded by the cult that he honestly probably didn't even think about timing and with the world (or at least those following the trial who are not part of the snark community) questioning thier belief system, they need to double down and show how pious and godly they are. 

Also unlike the other 3 sisters, I always got the feeling that Jessa truly believes she is not a victim of Josh. Maybe it's her belief in the cult, or maybe she honestly doesn't remember it the way her sisters do or have as vivid memories of it but I don't feel she's effected the same way Joy and Jill appear to be. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

The Seewalds remind me of people play acting. On their own volition could they (or do they think they could) support a family of 6 and likely counting in the near future? Feed, clothe, house, insure, transport or provide any sort of enrichment activities? If so, how? Has anyone seen any motivation or tenacity in them? Far as I can tell it’s all smoke and mirrors and magical thinking. These are the kind of people that hardworking parents point to and say “see that, don’t be like them.”

Much like JB’s helmet hair, the words I use to describe the Duggar lifestyle are fake and plastic.

• Upvote 12

I have said this before, but I believe Jim and Michelle worked the hardest on Jessa. They saw her stubborn personality and flagged her as the potential rebel, so they worked hard to break her down and indoctrinate her because they were worried she would be the one to leave the cult. 

• Upvote 29
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I have said this before, but I believe Jim and Michelle worked the hardest on Jessa. They saw her stubborn personality and flagged her as the potential rebel, so they worked hard to break her down and indoctrinate her because they were worried she would be the one to leave the cult. 

Plus that she would lead Jinger and probably both their buddy-groups out! I had never thought of that, very good guess! 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I think they worked hard on Jana. I remember them saying that she was stubborn and opinionated and a spitfire  when she was younger, I remember it was when they were talking about her being “like Hannie” was at the time. Possibly, memory merge is possible.  Hard to see that now about cinderjana 

• Upvote 10

38 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I think they worked hard on Jana. I remember them saying that she was stubborn and opinionated and a spitfire  when she was younger, I remember it was when they were talking about her being “like Hannie” was at the time. Possibly, memory merge is possible.  Hard to see that now about cinderjana 

I remember this too. I think they were extra vigilant with Jana as she was the eldest daughter. Jessa also proved challenging for them but Michelle said that once you had managed to convince Jessa of something, that was it, she would remain convinced. It sounded as if Jessa pushed hard about why things were a certain way and Michelle had to work very hard to convince her to their way of thinking. 
I think that Jessa is “all in” and that, up until now, this has suited her. However, there is a chance, maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part, that this trial and the fallout from the trial may lead her to have doubts and to reevaluate her beliefs. She is not yet thirty and has lived a fairly narrow and restricted life so far but, in the future, things may change, let’s hope that they do especially regarding calling Spurgeon by his second name!

• Upvote 12

And they dropped the ball with Jill because she was always a people pleaser when she was a kid. Same with Jinger. There were times when I was “the easy one” compared to my siblings because I got good grades, didn’t smoke or drink, and didn’t sneak out. I was given way less attention because of it. I’m guessing Jill was given much less attention because she was the easy one and so many other siblings needed “corrected” all the time. I bet she sees this now since she’s been in therapy awhile. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 19

My mom had a saying… “squeakiest wheel gets the most attention” I think. My husband is the oldest of four and was helpful and easy going. To this day he talks about how his siblings took all of his parents’ time and attention and how he was always delegated to exponentially more chores and stuff because he would actually listen to them and get stuff done. I gotta say typing that out, not much has changed. 😐 They call him constantly for help, his siblings not so much. 

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Notice how they only have things to say about a few of the older kids? Do you know why? They didn’t parent or actually know the younger and middle kids. The middle kids had the Least parental input. The Duggars are the poster family for why you should NOT have double digit numbers of kids.

• Upvote 16

They all just need to shut up on social media for a while. The comments are entertaining though.

trying spoilers again, I hope to Buffy they work 

Spoiler

441A610B-A421-47A2-A1BF-A41E64AD7E69.jpeg

A2EE7DF2-2E8E-4983-A578-363B69AA0733.jpeg

D26BC845-C581-4A4D-A9DC-05E7F26ADFF5.jpeg

2E15CEFA-B867-4B41-83AB-EC5E5D44A24E.jpeg

8C366EFD-DD83-407C-A869-4FF54AF1378B.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 15
  • Love 3

Seriously, Ben. Did you read your own wife’s comment regarding Jana’s problem? Yes, making snarky, snide remarks  is rude. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Seriously, Ben. Did you read your own wife’s comment regarding Jana’s problem? Yes, making snarky, snide remarks  is rude. 

oh I hope someone mentions that 

Ben is fast overtaking derdick as my least fav in law and is making jerm look good at the moment 

• Upvote 11

I know preachers who have 2 jobs in addition to being a preacher in order to provide for their families.  Ben needs to get off his arrogant fundie ass and get a job.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

I know preachers who have 2 jobs in addition to being a preacher in order to provide for their families.  Ben needs to get off his arrogant fundie ass and get a job.

Yep. Most of the preachers I know entered late in the game after retiring from lucrative careers. At the neighboring county’s  UU church, the ministers are a married couple who are attorneys on the side. Our minister is a retired rocket scientist/aeronautical engineer.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Yep. Most of the preachers I know entered late in the game after retiring from lucrative careers. At the neighboring county’s  UU church, the ministers are a married couple who are attorneys on the side. Our minister is a retired rocket scientist/aeronautical engineer.

I don't 

There’s a link in another thread to a Reddit AMA with former Duggar family friend Bowman Fedosky (Teresa’s son). He says that he once saw Jessa deliberately sit in a puddle of pee on a couch because the kids weren’t allowed to change their clothes until they got dirty, and she wanted to change. 🤢 I guess that’s why she’s so relaxed about how nasty her current couch is. 

• Disgust 7

10 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

There’s a link in another thread to a Reddit AMA with former Duggar family friend Bowman Fedosky (Teresa’s son). He says that he once saw Jessa deliberately sit in a puddle of pee on a couch because the kids weren’t allowed to change their clothes until they got dirty, and she wanted to change. 🤢 I guess that’s why she’s so relaxed about how nasty her current couch is. 

And had no qualms,about posting a mountain of dirty diapers sitting on her dresser. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Honestly that story makes me like her more. That's some bold malicious compliance. 

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

7 hours ago, MedicineWoman said:

Honestly that story makes me like her more. That's some bold malicious compliance. 

I tend to agree.   I mean, I don't hump any of them, but it shows that by 8 or 9 she had realized how to game the system.  The jewelry box thing may have even been a result of her knowing the rules and then manipulating them to her advantage.

In that same AMA it was said that that Meech had said Jessa was a "why?" child, but once she was convinced/understood, she stuck with it easily.  I wonder if the sitting in pee solution came from her determination to know why the "rules" were the way they were -- and apparently she was bold as brass to the writer of the AMA about the "why" behind her sitting in pee.

I wonder if that's part of why she seems to feel so "successful" at the role she was taught was hers -- she knew how to justify, under the "rules", getting her own way.  (I also think her apparent smugness/attitude comes from being lucky enough to have TLC get the family stylists and "modest but not matching prairie dresses" clothes when her own adolescent awkwardness could have been filmed -- Jana and Jill unfortunately both got theirs filmed in the very first episodes. 

Also, of the older girls, it does seem she inherited the best features from both her parents -- none of them are "ugly", but insofar as how society considers facial features, hers are the most classically "pretty" of the bunch.  I don't think she dealt with any lack of confidence in her ability to land a husband and fulfill the cult's role for her as a result -- something others (like Jana, who is still considered a "child" and under JB's authority) may have dealt with/had rubbed in their faces by her apparent smugness.

Sadly even though it seems like she is smart in that she was able to learn the 'whys" behind the rules and therefore manipulate the rules to get her way, it also seems like she is set in her views far too much to let anything -- even Bobye's testimony and the CSAM found's contradiction to her view that Josh was neither a "child molester" or a 'pedophile" -- challenge her view of the world/the rules of the system she grew up in.

• Upvote 16

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic