IGNORED

Seewalds 46: Arugula, Rhododendrom, Milkweed, Dandelion, Foxglove, Dogwood, Nasturtium, Rhubarb...

nelliebelle1197

58 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Thigh school?  Is that the same as sexondary school?

Sorry, can't edit for some reason.  Anyway, the above remark sounded much funnier in my head than it looked onscreen.  Sorry again.

I noticed that typo and laughed so hard! 

40 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Are 2 of Ben’s sister married (or been married)?

Jessica and Michelle. Jessica is on her second marriage I guess. Michelle is on her first. She got engaged before she even graduated. And she got married at 18. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 2

Jessa posted a video from Surgeon's birthday on YouTube where they went to the TTH to celebrate. It was almost spooky how quiet it was there with a relatively small crowd.  Michelle was there and seemed engaged but I didn't see Boob at all.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Jessa posted a video from Surgeon's birthday on YouTube where they went to the TTH to celebrate. It was almost spooky how quiet it was there with a relatively small crowd.  Michelle was there and seemed engaged but I didn't see Boob at all.  

Yea, that did seem strange. It really hi-lighted just how huge their family is, because there were at least a 12-15 people there altogether—Jessa/Ben +4 kids, Michelle, Johanna, Jordyn, most of the M kids — Jana or Laura? probably several others milling about off screen ( it was a very short clip)  but it seemed sooooo quiet and empty! 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Yea, that did seem strange. It really hi-lighted just how huge their family is, because there were at least a 12-15 people there altogether—Jessa/Ben +4 kids, Michelle, Johanna, Jordyn, most of the M kids — Jana or Laura? probably several others milling about off screen ( it was a very short clip)  but it seemed sooooo quiet and empty! 

Just imagine what that house is like on a day to day basis. It must feel abandoned compared to when everyone lived there. 

• Upvote 8

On 11/17/2021 at 11:04 AM, Queen Of Hearts said:

It made me feel a little bad for Spurge because Jessa had talked up that its a family tradition to do icecream at the big house at 7 pm for a birthday, and pretty much no one showed up. I know birthdays are a dime a dozen for Duggars, but poor kid.

• Upvote 9

26 minutes ago, baldricks_turnip said:

It made me feel a little bad for Spurge because Jessa had talked up that its a family tradition to do icecream at the big house at 7 pm for a birthday, and pretty much no one showed up. I know birthdays are a dime a dozen for Duggars, but poor kid.

Just imagine how much ice cream they would be eating for every birthday. I guess they are lucky they can cut out Jinger, Justin, and Jill’s families from that schedule. But they still have a lot of birthdays in that family. 

• Upvote 4

Jessica Seewald has changed her Instagram name to Jessica Coates. The internet is saying that she is actually already married to Joseph Coates. And I just thought it was a quick engagement, but it looks like it could be a quick wedding.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Jessica Seewald has changed her Instagram name to Jessica Coates. The internet is saying that she is actually already married to Joseph Coates. And I just thought it was a quick engagement, but it looks like it could be a quick wedding.

There are professional pictures posted in which they are wearing wedding rings. This was maybe a month ago. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, LanaBanana said:

My jaw dropped when I saw this was uploaded by Ben today

Comments are turned off.

Whelp this might be enough internet for me.  Thanks Ben for saying how disgusting I am for my sexual attraction to consenting adults while not speaking out against your child abusing brother in law.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 15

On 11/17/2021 at 5:20 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just imagine what that house is like on a day to day basis. It must feel abandoned compared to when everyone lived there. 

How is that possible with 12-15 people? 

47 minutes ago, Natalie22 said:

Whelp this might be enough internet for me.  Thanks Ben for saying how disgusting I am for my sexual attraction to consenting adults while not speaking out against your child abusing brother in law.

Oh, he doesn't matter!   

Pox upon them.  

Edit: I'm actually still listening and this is easy out thinking.  Revolving yourself around getting married to the opposite sex,  procreation, not working,  and acting pious ad nauseum because they resist being gay?  I mean..."them"...of course. 

Boring!

Edited by Beermeet

Wow… I wonder if they thought they could sneak this video in while their haters were distracted by Josh’s trial? Maybe it’s a move to prove that they haven’t strayed from a holy path even if Josh has?

They’ve been quiet-ish (by Duggar standards) about their more hardcore beliefs in recent years… I know there was never any question that this is how they think, but they still seemed to have learned to keep their social media and internet presence a little more toned down in an effort to appeal to the masses. But Ben has become a much better speaker, and the production and editing skills this took make me think there will be more of these coming, unfortunately. This wasn’t a casual, let’s film a video real just to hear ourselves talk, quick type of thing.

• Upvote 15

You know what's disgusting, Ben?  The things Josh did to your wife and her sisters and the vile CSAM he downloaded.  So, why don't you do a video condemning him?    Fucking hateful LGBT-phobic asshole!

Edited by RosyDaisy
  • Upvote 37
  • Love 1

I'm not surprised at all by Ben's video. The fact that he posted it just now? I think it's a twisted way to try to help Josh. If same-sex relationships are such a big sin, what Josh did is not that bad. Or, at least, that Josh is not a worse sinner than others.

I wonder if both Jessa and Ben are trying hard to convince themselves that the abuse wasn't a big deal, or that it is relatively normal, as a copy-mechanism. I think Jessa should be on therapy like Jill, but she too fundie and too proud.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, LanaBanana said:

My jaw dropped when I saw this was uploaded by Ben today

Comments are turned off.

This is a long winded way of saying "if you're a good enough Christian, God will make you straight"

Lots of churches are doing a re-brand. They are still homophobic/transphobic  but describing being LGBTQ+ people as "just like other sinners". Sometimes they don't mention queer people and seem affirming but shame you when they get their hooks in. 

You know what's really sick about fundies? They see Josh's pedophilia/sexual abuse and being bisexual as the same. 

Ben can go fuck himself (oh wait that's giving into "sinful desires")

• Upvote 22

6 hours ago, Beermeet said:

How is that possible with 12-15 people? 

There are only 6 underage kids left. The adult unmarried kids are probably gone a lot. So compared to how full it used to be, 8 people would feel like only a few in such a large house. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I watched a little of it, skipped through most of it. Who tf do these people think they are? And WHAT life experience does teen groom with zero time outside of a weird fertility cult Ben have that he feels he is an expert to talk about sexuality? Disgusting. 

They talk about being judgemental and quite literally say that if someone says "an adult should not engage a child sexually" that's that person making a judgement. Wtaf? (8.55) 

The video ends with Ben plugging the other smarmy greaseball's book.

These people are so hateful and bad at pr. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

Here is a screenshot in case he has the sense to take this down. I’ve always seen Ben as on the more benign end of the spectrum of Duggarness, but this is so incredibly fucked up

A93B576C-D095-4D0A-9085-B5C5CDD84890.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Imagine thinking the best time to post a video man-splaining to LGBTQ+ folks that they need to repress their attractions for something higher is while your BIL is on trial for CSA and your wife is one of his victims. This was recorded weeks ago at the G3 conference in ATL I'm pretty sure. Glad he saved it for right now, why not just as a family be as awful as possible all at once? 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Ben is not benign (lol there’s a pun there) 

He just has a more likeable personality than say Jeremy or even Derrick. He’s soft spoken but still a fundie asshole. 

Ben and Jeremy actually share much of the same theology (reformed Calvinist assholes) 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

This video is apparently episode 3 in an on-going series. The first episode is "Where did God come from?" and the second episode is "How do I grow closer to God as a Christian?". This episode "What about same-sex attraction?" is a bit more political and topical than the first 2.

I watched the first 90 seconds. No words from Jesus, just from the apostle Paul.

Then Owen and Ben started talking about sins start in the mind and thinking bad things is also a sin. If I wanted a lecture on thoughts being sins, I would have stayed Catholic! I clicked the fuck out of there! 

In the side bar, there was a video that looked to be the same ideas presented by a Catholic priest. 

• Upvote 4

So during the Duggar's crisis, Ben decides to post a video to decry same sex attraction. Meanwhile, Derrick has spent every day at Anna's side while enduring the trial. WWJD?

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic