IGNORED

Seewalds 46: Arugula, Rhododendrom, Milkweed, Dandelion, Foxglove, Dogwood, Nasturtium, Rhubarb...

nelliebelle1197

11 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Genetics sure are interesting. Ivy looks similar to her aunt Jordyn in those pics - and I usually think she looks a lot like Jinger, but I don't necessarily think Jinger and Jordyn look alike.

I wonder what my kids would look like if I had 19... how many different combinations would my husband and I produce?!?

I can't unsee jordyn now and I always thought Jordyn Jenni and Jackson as the outliers in not looking "Duggar" standard aka a unique look most of the kids have a "twin" in appearance. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Dammit, those kids are cute. I'm going to use those pics the next time my husband tries to claim we don't need a second kid.

Shame about the cult, though.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

42 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Jessa in jeans, is that a first

No. She was in jeans when she was pregnant and went out with just Ivy. Now that the show is over she can stop being skirts only just for show. 

• Upvote 9

I think she probably always wore pants in private but she was more careful than some of the others to hide it from her public profile. The humpers say they can do what’s fine for their headship - I seriously doubt Ben has suddenly changed his mind, it’s more a case that Jessa was a strong supporter of the Duggar brand while JB was paying the bills. Now her money is being diverted to defend her turd of a brother, and she doesn’t have to play act for the show, she can drop the pretence.

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 4

On 10/3/2021 at 5:39 AM, medimus said:

What conference is that, it looks like a career fair with the blazers and the woman in scrubs in the back.

You are right Jessa looks like the odd one out. Also, do Jana's jeans have a pocket on the front leg? There's a little green patch.

I think that is a jumpsuit, not scrubs.

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2021 at 1:10 AM, Idlewild said:

Now her money is being diverted to defend her turd of a brother, and she doesn’t have to play act for the show, she can drop the pretence.

I didn't know that the Seewalds got a monthly check from Jim Bob. Where did you see that? Interesting.

So they don't get the money anymore, because of legal bills? Can you post a link, because I've never seen an article where they were so open about supporting their adult children. Does it say how much money they used to get?

Some reporter must really have done some digging!

On 10/9/2021 at 1:10 AM, Idlewild said:

I think she probably always wore pants in private but she was more careful than some of the others to hide it from her public profile. The humpers say they can do what’s fine for their headship - I seriously doubt Ben has suddenly changed his mind, it’s more a case that Jessa was a strong supporter of the Duggar brand while JB was paying the bills. Now her money is being diverted to defend her turd of a brother, and she doesn’t have to play act for the show, she can drop the pretence.

Maybe she can extend that to using birth control too. 

14 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

I didn't know that the Seewalds got a monthly check from Jim Bob. Where did you see that? Interesting.

So they don't get the money anymore, because of legal bills? Can you post a link, because I've never seen an article where they were so open about supporting their adult children. Does it say how much money they used to get?

Rufus bless…we all know that the lying Duggars are never going to admit to anything with regards to money. Doing so might prompt the authorities to take a good, long, extended look at JB’s tax returns, assets, investments and  finances.

• Upvote 10

We left our number of kids up to the Lord, roo. And the Lord said unto Bad Wolf, "Yea, verily, I have given unto you, many methods of birth control. Go forth and multiply as many as you can afford emotionally and financially. Amen." So we did, and had two wolf cubs. It all depends how you interpret scriptures.

• Upvote 38
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

9 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I don’t think they’re referring to anything specific, just the general sense that the Seewalds are less dependent on the Duggars than they used to be. They likely made money from Counting On that came through Jim Bob, and before Ben got his current job, he seems to have worked for the Duggars as the homeschool tutor.

• Upvote 5

In terms of Ben being an assistant pastor….My UU Fellowship has a settled Minister, a PT Youth Minister and a Community Minister. The only person who makes a living wage is the settled Minister. AND all of these folks have MDiv degrees from nationally recognized institutions. They all have also had other lucrative careers, so are not relying on the Ministry for family support. I can’t imagine Ben is earning a family supporting wage as an Associate Minister in a church in AR.

• I Agree 3

I do think Jessa is making quite some money on social media. Not enough to get rich, she is not putting in enough effort for that, but with that amount of followers it should not be hard to make at least a small wage. If both Ben and herself make half a salary, and they are not paying rent, they should have enough to fund their lifestyle. 

• Upvote 8

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I can’t imagine Ben is earning a family supporting wage as an Associate Minister in a church in AR.

My church has a lead minister and two assistants and all three make a really decent living wage.  We also have staff that manage the music ministry and children's ministry and all of those employees make a good income, though not as high as the ministers.  There is a lot of money to be made in religion (one of the reasons I am sort of skeptical of churches despite being a Christian).

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

My church has a lead minister and two assistants and all three make a really decent living wage.  We also have staff that manage the music ministry and children's ministry and all of those employees make a good income, though not as high as the ministers.  There is a lot of money to be made in religion (one of the reasons I am sort of skeptical of churches despite being a Christian).

Your church must be larger. Most US churches sit at about 100 members, which surprised me, as a former Catholic. I don’t think Ben works at a mega church-

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 10/12/2021 at 6:47 PM, CarrotCake said:

I do think Jessa is making quite some money on social media. Not enough to get rich, she is not putting in enough effort for that, but with that amount of followers it should not be hard to make at least a small wage. If both Ben and herself make half a salary, and they are not paying rent, they should have enough to fund their lifestyle. 

Especially if they buy used, save the difference 😉

• Haha 5

I think the Seewalds are doing ok due to at least 2 things, no mortage payment and no car payment. If they had both hanging over them I think things would be tight. They also have the "training" wheels of living in a low cost area. Jessa and Ben unlike Jinger and Jeremy don't seem like they love to shop so for the moment, yes I see how they afford it. 

• Upvote 9

21 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Your church must be larger. Most US churches sit at about 100 members, which surprised me, as a former Catholic. I don’t think Ben works at a mega church-

We are by no means a mega church. Probably have attendance of a couple hundred (including kids) each week.  Do not underestimate how much $ even a smaller church can bring in on tithes plus any other money-generating endeavors they may have.

• Upvote 5

I mean honestly they probably only buy groceries and the "Lana's" stuff she gets the kids for super cheap, plus probably a discount for advertising it. Not to mention, they routinely eat eggs and other cheap things. She wears the same old navy clothes over and over again, so she clearly doesn't spend money on herself frivolously. Otherwise, the big house has entire barns stuffed with furniture, toys, equipment, housewares, homeschooling supplies etc. She doesn't go on vacations/travel as often as the other fundie royals, and the kids mostly just play outside. I don't think their "lifestyle" is expensive. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 11:45 PM, AussieKrissy said:

So do we think Fern will be our first ginger Duggar?  DA4FA407-D890-4A0B-B30B-46688A2C3EBA.thumb.png.6267ac03011a6392f7ae7940eee0080d.png

I think she's too dark to be a redhead. Amy's son had much lighter hair at that age and there was a clear orange tinge to it. Fern's hair looks like it might be dirty blonde.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I don’t know much about Amy’s side of the Duggar family, but I thought the red might come through her husband? I don’t think any Duggar truly had red hair ever?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I don’t know much about Amy’s side of the Duggar family, but I thought the red might come through her husband? I don’t think any Duggar truly had red hair ever?

I haven't seen any redheads on Dillon's side either, but there could be a rogue aunt or dead grandparent. I agree that the ginger gene came from him,  although there is a chance it came via Terry (Amy's dad).

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I haven't seen any redheads on Dillon's side either, but there could be a rogue aunt or dead grandparent. I agree that the ginger gene came from him,  although there is a chance it came via Terry (Amy's dad).

redheads can be a hidden gene. I'm a redhead and no one in my immediate family or extended is redhead. It's interesting how genetics work. It's also fascinating that also my guy cousins grow red beards even though they all have jet black or dark brown hair

• Upvote 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic