IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 17: The Hair Apparant

HerNameIsBuffy

Friends, I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but all your relatives keep being thin the wrong way. If you're skinny and never thanked Gwen for it it doesn't count.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 38
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Jacked said:

The RF rabbit hole goes dangerously deep. 

The rescue ferrets were about to give up (after five days) right before they found me.

Still seems as if I’ve barely scratched the RF surface. These people are something.

Don't worry, they never give up, they just sometimes tag out for another team so they can get some rest.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Thank you for sharing this. I've always found Gwen's wording around eating to be unusual. She very frequently framed eating as "chewing and swallowing" or would have language based specifically around swallowing. She also talked about the "magnetic pull" of the refrigerator. It read to me as disordered thinking rather than "I eat a little too often and could lose some weight".

I hope I phrased that in a kind way. I don't what language is appropriate or not when it comes to ED.

That was beautifully phrased.  When it comes to ED it is all about licking, chewing, and swallowing because food is all about what you're denying yourself and because it's something you can control.  When in the depths of an ED food is never, ever about fuel for your body and being healthy.  It's a constant battle to be won.

Like how fundies obsess over sex because they don't allow themselves to indulge in a healthy guilt free way?  Same deal, except it's about our own behavior rather than others.  

*disclaimer that there are many kinds of EDs and I'm only a SME in my own bulimia, so what I'm saying doesn't necessarily apply to other types.

14 hours ago, RFTies said:

There are actually whole sections of her book, many “You Can Overcome”
YouTube shows, and sermons devoted to this. In short, according to the Gospel of Gwen, “thin eaters” or “naturally thin” people have their focus outside of their food. They are busy doing so many wonderful, active things for God that they forget about eating and/or only have a short time to eat so they don’t eat much. Thin eaters are also more focused on the company around them when they eat and less focused on the food, so they naturally eat less. One of the people she interviews about this subject is actually Brandon Hannah who talks about how he’s always been thin because he “just doesn’t think/care about food.”

Yeah, she's never met my family. Mom, brother, sisters, sons....sigh

My brother and I both have her eyes.  He also got her metabolism to be effortlessly thin and her thick, luxurious hair.   I got her cavity prone teeth and ADHD.  Thanks, Mom.   :tw_heart:

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Friends, I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but all your relatives keep being thin the wrong way. If you're skinny and never thanked Gwen for it it doesn't count.

Well if Gwen runs into my mom, she of the eating junk and loving food like it was her job, in the afterlife I'm sure my mom will correct her on a few things.  Never mind, if there is an afterlife I'm pretty sure they'll be seated in different sections.  For all her flaws I don't believe my mother ever hurt anyone intentionally in her entire life.  That says a lot more about a person than their dress size.

Gwen and the others are a lesson in trying to life a life such that your death doesn't make the world a safer place.  

• Upvote 10
  • Love 22

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Gwen and the others are a lesson in trying to life a life such that your death doesn't make the world a safer place.  

This is so amazing and true I quoted it so it could be read twice. There are a lot of people we discuss on here - both fundamentalists and politicians - who this applies to.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 4

Random find on an RF family member’s page: relatively recent (year-ish from what I could tell) picture of Michael (and the rest of the Shamblin/Lara family, and David and Jennifer Martin). Since he’s so frequently behind the piano, it was interesting to see a full body pic. Also glad that Elizabeth ditched the super dark lipstick here.

DF47FFE4-BC0B-41DF-A9AA-BBFDFBEF2C39.jpeg

Edited by RFTies
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 14

21 minutes ago, RFTies said:

Random find on an RF family member’s page: relatively recent (year-ish from what I could tell) picture of Michael (and the rest of the Shamblin/Lara family, and David and Jennifer Martin). Since he’s so frequently behind the piano, it was interesting to see a full body pic. Also glad that Elizabeth ditched the super dark lipstick here.

My but Gwen looks so ghoulish.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12

Notice how Erin is tightly clutching at Gwen's arm in that photo. This weirdly needy grasping pops up in many photos of Erin and Gwen. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

31 minutes ago, RFTies said:

Erin holding Gwen’s arm like that is creepy. 

• Upvote 8

8 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

My but Gwen looks so ghoulish.

I agree. Nothing about that person reflects healthy living. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

49 minutes ago, RFTies said:

Also glad that Elizabeth ditched the super dark lipstick here.

Me, too. But her dress is extremely dowdy and she's still 'smiling' with her mouth closed. I have 'smiling' in quotes because it doesn't look genuine. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Elizabeth looks pretty but her face (jaw) seems so set.  Sad to see her late husband. Michael is a big boy, nice looking. His wife’s hair is thick!

• Upvote 4

My goodness, Elizabeth just looks so tense and desperately unhappy. I hope her grief for late family and friends doesn't driver her even further into her ED. 

• I Agree 6

Every time I've seen a picture of Elizabeth, I have to look twice - if you zoom in so you don't see her body she looks "normal" but when you see her head and body together it looks like it has been photoshopped, because she is soo skeletal and her clothes always look too big on her.  She makes me think of a Dickensian waif or a child playing dress-up!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

FB post by Brandon Hannah Properties today:

Our dear clients and friends...

Brandon Hannah

Will always be remembered as a man of integrity, humility, graciousness and kindness. All who came into contact with him felt appreciated, loved and respected. His loss is unbelievably painful to our team and to everyone, but we take comfort knowing he lived his life trying to honor God and others every day.

In regards to Brandon Hannah Properties…

We want you to know that his incredibly strong wife, Elizabeth Hannah, and her children want to continue to lead on the legacy and build upon the trustworthy foundation Brandon has laid. Elizabeth was by Brandon's side for 18 years of marriage and business, and she was a pivotal part of making decisions within the company - and will continue to do so. They want you to know that we are NOT going anywhere, and that our entire team has been highly trained by Brandon, so all of your needs WILL BE MET by this team. We will jump up and jump faster than ever before, and business will move forward as usual to take care of you all. As we all know, that is what Brandon would have wanted.

Thank you…

To all who have reached out to offer your words of kindness for this genuinely great man. Your sentiments are cherished and deeply appreciated...

On Behalf of Elizabeth Hannah,

her Children,

and the beloved memory of Brandon Hannah,

The BHP Team

199003864_10165436893110626_2452489895402288061_n.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 17

The more I look at Brandon's pictures the more I put him in the "naturally lean" category. He stills looks fairly healthy with a luxuriant mop of hair. I wonder what Elizabeth's leadership style will be as compared to Brandon. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Thank you for the Brandon Hannah Properties info. So, Elizabeth snd the kids have a distinct income source from RF? This makes me cautiously happy. Maybe she’ll be able to put distance between herself and RF/WDW b. s. and enjoy life and raise her children well.

Still so sad for her and the kids for the loss of husband and father. 

• Upvote 12

i got the impression that most of the customers of Brandon Hannah properties were RF members moving to Brentwood and that it was closely tied to the church. isn't his business partner a leader as well? he was included in that big group picture of the men on the website. I could be wrong though.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Who on earth thought it was a good idea to put a picture of a plane on a memorial card for Brandon? FFS!

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 20
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I don’t think I would post a picture of Brandon in front of a small plane. It’s just too soon. But that’s me. I’m sensitive I guess. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 11

6 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

Who on earth thought it was a good idea to put a picture of a plane on a memorial card for Brandon? FFS!

I think that is from a reality show he was on? Not exactly sure but something make me think that. Maybe someone has time to dig?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

I think that is from a reality show he was on? Not exactly sure but something make me think that. Maybe someone has time to dig?

He was on a reality show? A national reality? ... off to go find this information! 

• Upvote 4

He was on American Dream TV (which I had never heard of before) https://americandreamnetwork.tv/ 

Here is an episode (?) https://fb.watch/60xnnJXgNz/ It is nearly 6 minutes long. They are really showing how hip and metro. At the 2:25 mark a black Mercedes van pulls up and guess who files out? 

image.png.b94b8dd2381306820f64ff6e31a973ce.png

If this show doesn't scream prosperity gospel then you (general) are tone deaf. Interesting thing about the dinner, I didn't see Elizabeth. (Sadly) I recognize some of the RF faces so it seems to be a RF/Brandon Hannah properties as the extras for both tours (the food and the baseball game). 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 12

43 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

It's a great photo, though. 

IDK, maybe he was more into planes than we know? If that was one of his passions I could see putting that on the card. It doesn't seem all that different to me than using a photo of a commercial pilot in their uniform for their memorial if they died in a crash, or a sports person who died due to sports related injuries being depicted in their sports uniform or in an action shot. I don't know enough about him to know if that's the case with him though.

That still of Joe carrying Gwen looks very much like "Me Tarzan. You Gwen. You weigh 20 pounds. Most of it shoes and bag."

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

About "The American Dream" network. It sounds like a prosperity gospel/entitled/metro/hipster show off our richness humble brag network. This is from the about on the website

Craig Sewing is a nationally recognized thought leader, speaker, and modern day media entrepreneur.

As the CEO of Ignite Now Media, and the creator of the TV show, \"The American Dream,\"Craig has proven to be a David vs. Goliath story building an entrepreneurial media model, combating negative news cycles, with stories that unite and inspire.

Craig has successfully created a significant following, with media programs, not owned by any network, and with an unscripted free style approach to hosting.

He speaks vocally about the great opportunity to succeed in today\'s digital age, while not forgetting the old school values of hard work, and building relationships. Something he attributes to \"Midwest Values,\" being born in St. Louis, now operating out of San Diego California.

He believes the American Dream is a mindset, and an opportunity for those who desire to dream big.

He can be found on social media:

Facebook: @theamericandreamtv
Instagram: @craigsewingmedia
Twitter: @craigsewing

2 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

That still of Joe carrying Gwen looks very much like "Me Tarzan. You Gwen. You weigh 20 pounds. Most of it shoes and bag."

I also a way for her to hide that she was 66 (64ish at the filming of that show) and look she isn't a dowdy grandma, she is hip rich and fun!! PARTY!! 

• Upvote 9

15 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

Notice how Erin is tightly clutching at Gwen's arm in that photo. This weirdly needy grasping pops up in many photos of Erin and Gwen. 

Just wondering here. Is that her signature pose, or is she holding her mom for balance? I have a neurological disease and in every photo where I’m asked to stand I’m either balancing on someone or something. Never a clingy claw death grip though. More like a “wow it just looks like I have my arm around someone, you wouldn’t know unless we told you this is how I’m keeping my balance.” 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic